Previous Version of FAQ: pastebin.com/itDyHa8p
Read the FAQ before you ask questions.
Suggested Changes: piratepad.net/YwogqyaUro

>Useful Links
Wiki: alicesoft.wikia.com/wiki/AliceSoftWiki:Main_Page
Alicesoft Image Booru: haniho.booru.org/
Rance Game Translation Chart:
haniho.booru.org/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=2536
Rance World Notes (Translated): mega.nz/#!nRESUJYZ!ZqoypfshkozVBFpeFGI3Oi5xBtU22SjnrnfjIo2SUGY

Check pastebin for FAQs, downloads and General Hints

>Recently Released
Beat Valkyrie Ixseal - sukebei.nyaa.si/view/2332124

DARKNESSHERO Rance Mod - Beta FFA mod released (check pastebin)

Rance 5D and Rance VI (English and Decensored) - Released
Orders open at $34.95 for bundle
mangagamer.com/detail.php?goods_type=1&product_code=1004
Check pastebin for download links or for hints
Hardcopies Available

>Upcoming Games

Evenicle (English) - Announced at Anime Expo. Likely a winter release.
Sengoku Rance (English) - Likely 2018
Rance Quest Magnum (English) - Likely 2018
mangagamer.org/rance/

Rance X - Announced. Delayed to 2017
- imgur.com/a/OaNFL for released information
RPG 3- by the Evenicle team (New IP)
Donna Donna - by the Rance 03 Team (New IP)
Loli MILF Nukige - by the MILF nukige team
'Heartwarming' VN - by the Atlach Nacha writer

Haniwa Development Studio: blog.alicesoft.com/archives/4771534.html
blog.alicesoft.com/archives/4796071.html
blog.alicesoft.com/archives/4819896.html

Other urls found in this thread:

mediafire.com/?puu2ew453fv5b
youtube.com/watch?v=tvtnKjDQC4Q
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Don't make the new thread
>Nobody else does

I vote we just die

I was gonna make the thread

But then I got high

>Wiped out of existence

Nicely done dead general

I was gonna post Kanami too, but then I got high. Now the thread archived and I know why!

Because I got high, Because I got high, because I got high.

ga ha ha

But it was over 750 posts. What were you going to post Kanami for?

Opening the new thread with Kanami.

I just tried to think of something that fit.

When isn't it a good idea to KANAMI?

There's never not a time for Kanami.

I am being chased across the entire nation by a giant monstrosity and I get an event that reminds me that there's been a lot of fighting but we should still remember to go to class.

Fuck that fag who said Daibanchou didn't have a school setting past the region age.

Couldn't be more wrong.

I've made like 400 + threads for us. Give me a break.

i had been assuming it would be you who made it.

i imagine you have some sick wallstreet looking dashboard with four monitors dedicated to monitoring when it's time to make a new thread.

or some sort of digital AI assistant which is mysterious and also a ninja that reminds you in its cute manner that it's time to make a new thread.

I'm the unofficial backup thread maker since thread 213 or so, responsible for creating as many threads as I've accidentally let die, which is like 50 by now.
I also post >750+ to wake you up and make you do your job

We have a job?

I just wasn't expecting 750 that quickly.

Threads have been weirdly fast recently even without much to discuss.

Funniest death we had in a while, going over 750 and forgetting to make a new thread.

獲得惰報

Are you sure it's not 獲得情報?

You've got it.

Yeah that, my bad.

It's not even like there's an influx of members from the announcements either - we're still maxing at 80 unique posters or so.

Hello /haniho/, as per your advice I purchased Rance 6 about a week ago and played the ever living hell out of it and loved every minute of it. Now I see that Sengoku Rance has a fan translation but it also has a pending official translation by mangagamer. Would you recommend waiting for an official translation of Sengoku Rance or is the fan translation good enough? I can always play other Rance titles while I wait on the official translation if need be.

80 posters from 3 days is more than 80 from 5. Just because some people have variable ips. I've notice IP counts go up after I've posted before despite being OP.

>some people
You mean most people

I would recommend playing Sengoku now if you want but if you do love the characters its worth trying out all the games before VI and Kichikuou Rance.

I'd recommend reading the Rance I digest, playing Rance 2 (one weekend play), playing Rance III and IV (one weekend and two weekends respectively), doing whatever for 4.1 and 4.2 and then playing Kichikuou Rance.

The fan translation is fine, but make sure to purchase Sengoku when it comes out.

so I've played daibanchou quite a couple of times over the years, captured whole map but never quite actually beat the game technically so Ive got all the scenes except the ending ones and the ravi ones and I wondered how exactly im getting those.
Is that the hardcore mode where I can only use chars that I have previously cleared? should I run a couple playthroughs to get more substantial clears first?

are there any plans on the upcoming sengoku translation for any graphical improvements or something? Would be nice, seeing as virtually everyone who knows any H game has probably played it already. Not like anyone needed a specific reason to buy it again, though.

Shizuka sex cg or riot.

Not that we know of.

Wouldn't mind some more Leila myself, or musketeer-chan

Leila is Rick's.

I sincerely apologize for being retarded, but can I not save early on in Sengoku Rance or have I fucked up?

reading this makes me almost as angry as it probably makes rance

Shit's gone wrong if you can't save.

I believe you have to go past the intro battle and the first turn, then it should certainly work.

Rance like Rick more than Leila though.

Well fuck, I'm definitely past that. I just noticed that CGI mode/music mode are also unavailable. Any idea how to fix this? Idk if I want to reinstall the entire game but I will if I have to.

If you captured the whole map, why haven't you beaten the game? Should be pretty easy to do. For Ravi, I think she's a Hard Mode only character, so you need to clear it once, then you can access Hard Mode. Chaos Mode is that hardcore mode you mentioned, where you only use characters that you can clear and everybody is at war with you.

Where did you download it from and where did you install it?

Cg and music mode are available in game.

Oh nice so it wasnt that then. Well I don't know, I simply lost interest at some point, I often like the early game phases in games much more than late game for some reason.

Well, time to go at it again.

Downloaded it from one of the pastebin links
mediafire.com/?puu2ew453fv5b
and i just realized it says DDL and i remember reading about how that can block certain features but i couldnt find much more info because the only answers i found from google were random ass forums that nobody uses

takes a while, but erogegames ups are always solid.

I personally still have the same copy I once downloaded back in 09, keeping it around on hdds and sticks

DDL won't break anything.

Can you give me a screenshot of the ingame menu?

You mean erogedownload? I have that bookmarked just in case my copy was fucked. Welp, I guess I can try that then. I really didn't want to reinstall the game, but I appreciate your help anyway.

this is what it should look like, minus the fans of this cheated save

I was at the part right after meeting 3G and still no save.

just a tiny bit more. When you get to this screen here

>Fuck the fag who said Daibanchou didn't have a school setting past the region phase
See, I told you.
very fapworthy

So you're saying everything was fine all along? I thought you could save after the first battle.

everything is fine

>Worse than Kakaro-chan

Well shit, sorry for bothering you guys. Hopefully it'll work now. Luckily I can just skip all the text up until that point.

You can skip text by holding ctrl

Alright. I just have a question about the text. The shit that runs off the page, is that fixable? I can still read it, and I'm in jap locale so it's all good. It's just a mildly irritating thing to only see the tops of words. It rarely happens anyway.

Its not fixable. One of the things a official translation will fix.

I dont quite recall that happening often enough for me to really be annoyed by it. Using this one cheated save though, it fucked with the fonts a bit.

btw dont use cheated saves

Yeah it really isn't a big deal, it's only like 2 or 3 words every once in a while anyway

Kunagi or Senna?
Erika or Kendo?
Mizuki or Nanana?

Kunagi, Kendo don't care

Kunagi
Both are great
Nanana is more late-game, Mizuki is kinda-early, getting Nanana means you can avoid Mizuki getting raped though

is it actually worthwhile using shorko and saki in gameplay? I remember especially shorko was kinda bad only really usable here and there in defence but mostly just as a lawkeeper. Is it worth giving them any fighting xp? I can see the teambonuses being worthwhile later on but im wondering if I should be using them in the school phase.

She's not a kid though, she is 15.

Saki's pretty strong isn't she? She's a decent long-range ninja unit. Shorko is basically Location-warmer.

Senna
Kendo
Nanana

I've always used them for maintaining order.

Saki's evasion bonus can be nice as just a passive.

They are both really good, but I prefer Senna because she was more devoted
Erika
Mizuki

Senna
Nakanishi sisters
Mizuki

why do you have so much xp on yuma and cleo? I think ive never used them in combat in any of my playthroughs.

Also I settled for Kunagi, Erika, Nanana and Burai, which I forgot. Taking the teacher with scout ability as well cause francine's pretty useless, too.

Yeah he just seems like an absolute prick.

Jesus christ you monster.

Kunagi, Erika, Who?.

Baseball or Swimming girl, the one you don't save ends up getting raped.
Yuma only felt useful for me when fighting the tanks.

I usually just go with Senna, Kendo&Kyudo, Tamarin, Nanana, and Burai, with the exact opposites for a different route.

Senna, Erika, green haired girl

>that many fans
wat

ALWAYS PICK BURAI

youtube.com/watch?v=tvtnKjDQC4Q

No

That reminds me, she drew Shizuka on her stage in Big Bang Beeat.

good taste

What was the deal with interrogating randoms again? Interrogate the poor and free the rich?

Damn, I just got Kirika brutal ending. That was bittersweet and then pretty sad. Pretty great.

With Rance x having multiple endings, I hope we get a few depressing ones like this.

I believe TADA said bad ends was one of the reasons behind their decision.

Why has AliceSoft's website been down for like a week now?

Kunagi. Don't care about the rest.

The blog isn't.

Here is working normally though.

And did Ixseal one now. pretty good too.

Yeah, we know that there will be bad ends, but I hope they are well done (which for me means sad/depressing/bittersweet/tragic).

Yuma is really good for tanks, but if I remember correctly, on that run, I just left her with to deal with the Nightmare Eyes' bat invasion from Millar, so she was eating EXP from that. And maybe from the zombies, that was a very long time ago.

Cleo is probably for her character clear.

Interrogating can get you free items, some really good items even.

Senna is the best, Kendo/Kyudo, Nanana

She's hotter evil.

now you've done it

Shit taste Yamcha