Why buy shit performance cars?

Daily reminder that for 3k-5k you can have a bike that rivals hyper cars in cornering ability, acceleration and top speed

Other urls found in this thread:

liveleak.com/view?i=153_1471881295
youtube.com/watch?v=eqQBubilSXU
dailymotion.com/video/x4k6jz0
youtu.be/q3WdxhXlLpc?t=12s
youtube.com/watch?v=jVNdGkCKoJk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It takes a lot more effort and skill to corner like a madman on a bike.

so people only drive cars because they are weak and talentless?

How will people know I'm rich?

Ha, yeah, right. Show me your 7:30 burgerring laptimes. Oh, you don't have any?

if anything, bikes really show you how bad or good the rider is (tire wear patterns), while cars mean posers can pose for ages.
>pssssshhhft i was holding back/didn't feel like taking the risk/thought i saw a dear yeeeaaaah trust me i'm the fastest driver in the world normally
>yeah i'm hella fast i know how to drift

Your $6,000 safety suit you bought in cash and the more frequent and expensive (if not DIY) maintenance on bikes

Also a sportbike is necessarily a second vehicle because even with bracketed on luggage racks and bungee cords and shit to go full southeast asia with, the subframe is ultra light aluminum tubing that will crumple under more weight than your chubby wife. Also can't into snow without giant studs.

>Also can't into snow without giant studs.
I just tie rope around my tires

> Ducati
But it won't perform like that, because it won't be running 70% of the time.

Or chronically lazy, or just don't want to get cold/wet/broken.
To be fair, that and 'I want to carry more than a couple of bags' are why I drive places rather than ride. But I ride where I can, because it's fun as fuck.

>Also a sportbike is necessarily a second vehicle
Guilty as charged. My CBR is mostly a weekend toy for fun speedy noisy time.

>more frequent and expensive (if not DIY) maintenance on bikes
THAT is why I bought a Honda. I want it to run, and not fall apart.

I can buy a 300SL for $4k. That is cheaper and faster than a Ducati.
>Falling for the quarter/0-60 meme.

I agree but I wouldnt drop money into a high performance bike either.

I like muh bikes as I like muh cars. Stylish, reliable and classy

CBR600 is a dream that runs flawlessly, never had a single problem with them.

Honda's in general are so reliable,
2003 XR50 has been ridden so hard since bought and still starts on one or two kicks.

09' CBR125, well it was a 125 so literally no maintenance needed other than greasing up them axle's for more speed.

98' RS125GP even for a high performance 2st machine it was awesomely reliable.

I have a 07' CBR 125 and after 60k miles the gearbox is starting to show some wear. But it never had a problem, just the regular maintenance (DIY) and tyres.

>tire wear patterns = skill

eh. while ur statement isn't completely false that's still a very nobike thing to say.

Used to sell old scrubs to street riders and
they would show their buddies and say
"Look how far I can lean over"

Not everyone is interested in bikes. I get that people like them, but I prefer cars. I used to own a bike and I still prefer my cars.

These posts are the equivalent of me telling a normie that instead of spending 15k on a new fiesta they could buy a used M3 or whatever. They simply don't care.

Some guy who gets all the way to the edge crossed up is still a bit better than a kid who's too scared to really lean over and takes streetcorners at 5mph.

Also, if chicken strips aren't enough, balled up rubber out on the edges makes you look even cooler. If you have a tire like that and haven't done a trackday you are a certified madman. I have a coworker who has strips, but the tire that is worn looks like pic related. He's a madman.

>buy a bike they said

liveleak.com/view?i=153_1471881295

Balled up rubber on the edge doesn't show anything. Some tyre manufacturers are more prone to to rubber balling up.
If you want to have your tyre look 'cool' just ride with lower pressure than recommended. It causes the tyre to flex and heat up more on the surface and should melt the rubber and net you some real 'cool' balled up rubber.

Pic is of rear tyre after 20 miles or 15 laps with good pressure's but rear geometry off 4mm.

thats a sad one. poor girl.
fascinating to see it so close in slow motion.

Just don't crash

Old guy, probably forgot his glasses and his name before the incident

Both parties were at fault here.

New Tyre same compound after 82.5 miles with that minor 4mm change.

Lolwut. The Audi driver did not see oncoming traffic and turned in, it's 100% his fault.

It seems like the bike was speeding.

You don't know the speed limit, and judging someone's speed from a GoPro video? Come on.

the reason it's a dumb is because this encourages your average joe to cross-up or keep his centerline parallel with the bike's in order to maximize his lean angle, minimizing his traction in return and encouraging overall bad form

>CBR600
CBR650F here, recently changed up from a CBF125 I got cheap on ebay to learn to ride on.

I don't think I'd have my main bike as anything other than the big 4, and Honda makes the most comfortable sportsbikes out of them.
The Fireblade caused instant back pain when I tried it at a show, sadly, and my budget for 'first big bike' was limited.
Maybe a sports tourer for my next bike, once I've got all the supersport out of my system.

>I like muh bikes as I like muh cars. Stylish, reliable and classy
So, old cheap shitboxes because you can't afford anything fast, despite the fact that you COULD afford one if you didn't run 5 shitty cheap shitboxes that kept needing repairs?

>seems
based on what?
it's probably 100km/h limit on a road like that.
Either way, it's beside the point because the driver of the audi clearly didn't look at all.

>CBR650F
CBR1000RR here, I didn't mention the blade in
my post because it has been the most maintenance heavy Honda/bike I've had.
Need to change the clutch after every race weekend for starters.

Because I would rather be in a comfy metal cage with protection from the elements and not die if I hit something going over 40.

Every time I chase bikes on my local touge they're super slow in the corners compared to my shitty mr2 sports cage.

Every literbike squid likes to think he's a motoGP racer yet he would get smoked by a pro rider on a 250 in the turns.

You can go ahead and spend $12k on a DH bike or motocross bike but you won't be winning any world cups or supercross races anytime soon.

Less grip. Less room for error.
David Coulthard and Guy Martin had a race with MotoGP bike and F1 car. The bike accelerated faster from the starting line, but after the first corner the F1 car dominated hard.

compare a road-goin sport bike to a road-going sport car sub-$100k and it would most likely blow it away

Not with a shitty rider it wouldn't....

>based on what?
How far the girl flew.

Lol this old argument
Horses for courses.
Bikes are good for
+ Power to weight peerlessness
+ Indescribable thrill
+ Getting anywhere faster than everyone else
+ Cheaper running costs
+ Exploration
Cars are good for
+ Safety
+ Convenience/practicality
+ Comfort
+ Being dry
+ Long distance travel
Both are good for
+ Becoming a lot poorer
+ Making friends
+ Posing

>60,000 miles on a 125
For what purpose

That's because F1 cars are designed to corner at speed above everything else.

They are both designed to go as fast as possible around a track.

What about the cost of gear? Are a squid?

There's a containment thread for you fuckers

Should be one for you, too.

*blocks your path*

Shitbox and mid size motorcycle is the best way to go.

The bike is a fun DD and trip machine when weather and cargo permit. The econobox keeps your costs down and provides transport when weather and cargo deny 2 wheels.

Only an issue if you corner at speed and with a lean.

I slipped cornering through wet leaves. My legs kept me up right until I straightened out. It wore on my boots and strained my legs, but better than a low side.

Cornering ability? No.

Acceleration and speed? Sure.

Even a commute at normal speeds and cornering is more enjoyable on 2 wheels.

Until you get smeared on the road by Tiffany in her miniature tank

youtube.com/watch?v=eqQBubilSXU

Only if you're stupid.

>sitting at a traffic light waiting for it to go red
>Tiffany rear ends you in her Tahoe without warning

>getting stuck at red lights

I already own the best bike

>he's a boi racer
Try acing your age once in a while

Literally git gud.

>having to race to not get stuck at red lights
Just live in a first world country where you can go around the cars instead of sitting sandwiched between them like an idiot.

>inb4 hurr 'taint fair to cut in line freedom aint free t. burger on harley bagger that can't be fit between two lifted wide track F350s anyways

>kiddie on his rice rocket tries to run a red
>gets BTFO by Stacey in her Suburban who just got a green

fuck yeah

nothing bears a litre peter.

I'm not a boy racer, I just filter and time lights so I don't need to stop for more than thirty seconds.

It's not hard.

you probably have a better chance at surviving a crash on a bike (maybe you'll just slide off without hitting something too hard/being ran over) than one trapped in one of Veeky Forums's favorite shitboxes

AW11s aren't particularly crashworthy and you don't want to roll a miata without a cage

don't run the red. go between the cars and stop at the red. when it turns green, get in front of the cars (you're fast enough, right?) and continue on normally.

i understand this is hard for unintelligent drumpf-voting non-californians but come on

>hurr it's a straight road i can break the speed limit what could possibly go wrong

Also nice unfastened/oversized helmets

Yeah man, just filter to the front
dailymotion.com/video/x4k6jz0

>you probably have a better chance at surviving a crash on a bike (maybe you'll just slide off without hitting something too hard/being ran over) than one trapped in one of Veeky Forums's favorite shitboxes

lmao

where the fuck do people get this idea from?

in a bike crash wirth another car, even slow one, you are usually utterly fucked. We're talking every rib broken, lungs punctured, nuts crushed into the tank and swelling up to an aubergine and then disappearing, broken legs, cut aorta, broken collar bone and dislocated shoulders.

You dumb motherfucker, when you're in an accident with a car on a bike you are the crumple zone

>tfw wish I could ride everywhere but I've had too many close calls with regards
Riding a bike really reinforced the point that most people are retards that shouldn't be fucking allowed to drive, let alone be left by themselves so they don't forget to breathe. You could be the safest rider ever and be wearing 500 lbs of fucking adamantly and still be turned into a pancake because some mouthbreathing basic bitch with the attention span of a squirrel with Alzheimer's couldn't wait until she fucking got home to check her instagram updates.

Because of the off chance you just slide or get lucky in the tumble. That retard who head-on'd an equally retarded porsche driver got off pretty damn well. I know people who walked away from 80mph collisions on rice rockets and people who lost the use of both legs because they were dumb enough to wreck in an early 90s corolla, plus one guy who fell asleep and lost the use of his brain in one of those shitty targa top hondas after rolling it through a ditch. In a deathtrap shitbox, you are in the middle of the crumple zone. And you're strapped inside it, so god help you.

Those concerned with safety should not be so on a board where some of the least safe cars ever made are recommended as DDs to noskill college students

A safe car is much safer but don't go freaking out over bikes if you're not driving one of those safe cars.

I work in an ER, most people who come in because of a vehicle accident were riding motorcycles
It's disproportionate considering that car drivers vastly outnumber bike riders

That shit broke both my pinky fingers for life bro, don't bother, buy a Corvette it has 4 wheels and is cheaper than $8k of medical bills for them to put your fingers back together

every time i have been to the ER because of a bike accident there are at least a few other motorcycle riders in there, rarely someone from a car accident, though i guess those go straight in not sit in the ER waiting room for 6 hours.
talk about inequality everywhere.

Reminder that discussing bikes on Veeky Forums is almost always a wasted effort. Most of the fucking retards on this board don't know what they're talking about because they've never touched a bike in their life so they just shitpost.

Bought one of these on a whim last summer for 3 grand.
It's kinda slow and has a topspeed of 200kmh at best, but it's somewhat lightweight and nimble around corners. Overall performance is quite shit though, but I still like it somehow, dunno why. Should've gone with the Daytone instead though as I preferred the full fairings over this half naked shit the Sprint has.
My Sprint RS does have this small yellow "belly cover" thing though, so it isn't completely stripped looking.

the sprint st 1050 woud have been a better purchase imo, wouldnt cost much more for a 2005/2006 model.

Ironically one of the pros for filtering between lanes with traffic is that it prevents being rear ended

I realized this too only after i bought the bike, didn't know the 1050 one existed, but the dealer near me had none, they seem to be quite few and far between here in Finland while the 955 is everywhere.

It was a bit of a extempore trip anyway with my old man, we were looking for one seal for my old Honda CBR that cost around 50 cents or so. Left the store with a 3k bike. Maybe one day if this engine blows and I can manage to find a wrecked 1050, I'll do an engine/tech swap but in the mean time this thing will do.

Not him but a 125 gets you to your destination a whole lot faster than any muscle car when commuting through town during rush hours

I understand and appreciate that, just surprised that he hadn't moved up to something a little bigger in that time, even if bigger means a 500cc or something.

What kind of mileage do you get? Is it worth it over a 250?

Guessing it's money related

Tho a do agree with you, a 125 is a waste especially wish such a look

I've tried all kinds of bikes up to 1600cc but am totally fine with my two 650's and a 900
One of the 650's is for daily commuting, the other 650 is for traveling around countries with a tent while the 900 is just for fooling around in/out-side town

I also have a GP125 in my summer cabin which is just for hobby purposes but its still fun to ride

Never really understood those who wants more cc for reasons unknown

>tfw fastest burgerking laptime is 7:10 on a bike

wew, what a shitty bike

T-thanks. I was contemplating on a Ducati or an Aprilia RSV but the "Italian Reliability" memes hit me hard

>
>T-thanks. I was contemplating on a Ducati or an Aprilia RSV but the "Italian Reliability" memes hit me hard
It's bogus.
New ducatis are reliable now.
Ducati really got their shit together since the 1098 was launched.
Having said that, I can't afford one so I bought pic related instead...and it's far and beyond the best bike I've ever owned.

Look up the facebook groups man. The RSV4 is pretty damn reliable.
Also,
youtu.be/q3WdxhXlLpc?t=12s
>that sound
muh dicc

> Sitting in traffic on a bike
Again, only if you're stupid.

was thinking about buying a tuono v4 last year.
test rode one.
great machine but, fucking mental.
for sure i would be dead by now if i had bought it.
price to performance ratio with that bike is insane. You can buy the older ones in good condition for about £5k, and it's an absolute weapon.

How can I lug CRT monitors and stacks of ThinkPads home

T. Autist

>Never really understood those who wants more cc for reasons unknown
the torque is amazing and there's no real downside imo between a 600 and a 1200, other than needing a delicate throttle hand.

youtube.com/watch?v=jVNdGkCKoJk

There's a couple of videos but long story short:

600/1000cc Supersport = High-End Sports Car in performance given equally talented drivers/riders (think newer BMW M-Car, new Civic Type R, Evo/STi, 911, Corvette).

Regular Sport Compact (WRX, Miata, Civic Si) = 250/300 bike

Its way way way easier to go fast in a car than in a bike. Its more approachable and a different sensation of speed. You have way more grip and a cage (good so you're not scared to push it on the street vs a bike where you could end up flying off a cliff and dying).

My bike cost 20k and its great and all but riding it still feels like you are about to die any second. My miata is more comfy

>not getting off on the thrill
What baik?

Meant for

I was a carfag until my friend let me ride his 600cc super sport, it was over after that. Its funny I type this because just tonight a 911 turbo tried me when we were merging onto a bridge. by 4th gear I was in a different area code. Stay slow pussy rich boy.

>a wild corner appears

>he doesn't read the road
>he doesn't look ahead and scan the horizon
>he only looks about 10 metres in front of him
>his eyes are glued to the back of the vehicle in front of him

But you're wrong though.
An M3 wouldn't even reach peak HP before the litre bike disappears.
One YouTube vs video is proof of nothing other than riders are ( rationally ) terrified of the power they can tap into.
This is a widespread problem with drivers, the power to weight ratio of any sporty bike above 750cc is beyond their comprehension.
They simply can't comprehend how hard and relentless a sport/super/hyper bike can accelerate.

This

>Try showing off with your bitch on the back.

Girls like expensive cars because they can be next to you jerking you off instead of holding on for dear life as you pretend you're a rough rider. I can bring my girl with me when I hoon and she can be in on the fun without dying. All you'll do is give your bitch disfiguring road rash. Do you like deformed girls? I don't. But you're a fucking squid so you must like it blobby and slimy, like a bitches face after you lay it down (which is a guarantee for a squid).

Stay second rate, young breezy. I'll be pulling hoes who don't need skin grafts.

I like the comfort and safety that a car gives me