/FoST/ General

/FoST/ General

Kinda confused as to why it needs a general

not sure why anyone would buy a st when the rs exists

So the owners can all share their buyer's remorse together

Money?

Because the RS is overpriced for what you get

I don't really regret my purchase though.

Give it a couple more months

I've had the car for a year and a half.

not even really that expensive, i paid $31k for mine and it's better than the the st in every single way. well, every way that matters. i guess my mpgs aren't as good? oh well who cares

Isn’t the ride wicked harsh and the seats total shit? From everything I’ve heard the whole car is just too firm.

I saw a brand new Focus ST on the lot for 19k.

That's an $11,000 difference.

Not worth it IMO considering the head gasket issues, and rear differential that overheats easily. And the interior quality is virtually identical between the two. Honestly, I think the ST looks better than the RS also.

Because the St has a different engine that shouldnt be going through head gaskets like fuel filters (rs be like)

the ride is fine for what it is. people today are just too spoiled. it could be softer sure but it's not like your teeth are falling out.

lolol head gasket "issues" only affected a small batch of cars and the recall has been issued so it's literally no problem. it's not like the subie 2.5 or 12b that eats blows out seals regularly. a not affected car has no trouble whatsoever. and a $19k st is surely base model right? mine has the rs2 pack so power heated leather everything and surprisingly good 10 speaker sound system for a cheap ford sports car.

I don't need power heated seats... It's a focus. Ford can't do any of that shit right anyways.

You say it's a small batch of cars, but for a very limited production car. And not everyone has had theirs fail yet.

That along with the pathetic rear differential show that Ford didn't put in the necessary R+D for the car. I'm actually kind of glad they are ending the RS this year.

Meanwhile all the early issues from the ST should be ironed out by now. I'm guessing the ST will be much more reliable and consistent years down the road

>"issues"
People needing their head replaced qualifies as an issue for me.

>cheap ford sports car
$35k after taxes isn't cheap. And it's nowhere close to being a sports car. It's a hot hatch that gets BTFO by the cheaper Civic Type R

do you know how a recall works? if your car is in the recall, it doesn't matter if it failed yet or not. you could go to a dealer and they'll check it to see if it's affected or not. doesn't matter if it failed yet. most failures happened real quick because obviously they would. and like you complain because the rear end can overheat but yours can't even turn anyway so how is that a downside. i mean if you're fine with your compromisemobile then fine but it seems like a waste when you could get a lot more for just a little more

>$35k after taxes isn't cheap.
lolol now i see, don't hate just cause you're poor. $30k it's absolutely cheap for a car.
>It's a hot hatch that gets BTFO by the cheaper Civic Type R
oh it's a "i only look at msrp" guy. do you even own a car? yeah good luck buying a type r for under $31k.
>btfo
sure because anyone in the real world cares about lap times. oh a professional driver was 1% faster on a race track. yeah that really affects my personal life. we'll see who gets btfo when i can absolutely walk a civic on the highway and then start doing donuts in a parking lot. plus not driving a car that looks like it's from a video game is a big plus.

You’re so fucking retard if you think that the a Type R is better than the RS. It simply isn’t. AWD & more power > FWD & less power.

>lolol now i see, don't hate just cause you're poor. $30k it's absolutely cheap for a car.
Umm sweetie, I probably make more than you do. Nice try though.

35k is a lot considering you're buying a Focus AKA an economy car that starts at 17k. Meaning you're paying more than double the price for a so-so motor and an incapable drivetrain. 35k could buy you a lightly used Chevy SS that has more power, better interior, and is more enjoyable to drive.

>good luck buying a type r for under $31k.
I could have said the same about the Focus RS a couple months ago. People were paying 45k for the focus RS when it first came out, and now Ford can't get them off the lots even when they lower the prices. The Civic is overpriced right now because it's the newest thing. Let the hype die down and you will be able to get them for 30k

>when i can absolutely walk a civic on the highway
You honestly think an AWD car is going to pull on a FWD car that weighs less and makes similar power on the highway? You really are delusional.

>start doing donuts in a parking lot
Don't do too many donuts or else you will overheat your differential. XD

to be fair the civic weighs a lot less and has crazy suspension gimmicks. it's the fastest fwd car ever and it's really fast.

oh look another internet tough guy that wants to flex but won't ever back it up, cool
$35k is not a lot of money on a 350hp awd sports car that tears up corners and strips alike. hurr durr it's just a focus. and the sti is just an impreza. and the zl1 is just a camaro. who cares what the base platform is.
and yeah i absolutely know an awd car will walk a fwd car because i understand the basic laws of physics and also compared the times set by car and driver.

>oh look another internet tough guy that wants to flex but won't ever back it up, cool
How am I supposed to 'back it up' exactly???

Poor people can constant post things like
>race car
>its a blast!
>rowing thru the gears
>such a fun little car!

ST fags are cancer. Fast wheel drive is NEVER sporty. These are the same fags criticizing the Brz

this question alone is proof that you have nothing to show
just another bus rider

>this question alone is proof that you have nothing to show
>just another bus rider
And what exactly have you shown? All you have done is claim that you own a Focus RS.

ST owners are the least cancerous car community in existence

It seems like you watched a bunch of youtube reviews and thought those were the people driving it

i don't have anything to prove, im not the one bragging about how much money he makes

>i don't have anything to prove, im not the one bragging about how much money he makes
No, you're the one calling people poor just because they don't like your "sports" car

you should learn to read. you're poor because you think $30k is a lot to spend on a car. you can dislike it all you want but don't call it expensive when it isn't

>you should learn to read. you're poor because you think $30k is a lot to spend on a car. you can dislike it all you want but don't call it expensive when it isn't

Maybe you should take your own advice, if you look back to my original comment I said that the RS is overpriced. I never said 30k is expensive for a car. I said 30k is expensive for that particular car.

God you're dumb

>I never said 30k is expensive for a car.
you literally did
>$35k after taxes isn't cheap.

35k isn't cheap for a focus considering what else you can buy in that price range. Why is this concept so hard for you to understand?

It's a "I was too dumb to get the FiST and too poor to afford the FoRS" episode

Fiesta ST is definitely better. Its almost as fast, and handles way better than the FoST. Plus its cheap as fuck

there's nothing else for $30k that's significantly better. sti is as fast but more expensive and bad interior. i thought about a mustang gt but the generic factor is strong. rs is really one of the best competitors for $30k when you consider performance and livability #hatchlife

cant drive a fiesta st in the states

is my smol car allowed in here

>tfw SE

>11k is a little more

You can get a fiesta st option completely out, used, for less than $17k.

Gti

big ferd vs lil ferd

l liek dem lil' ferds

ugly af

personally would never own a vw

>a used fiesta
ye right lol. cause i want to spend $17k on a used, slow, tiny gay car

Those quotes are from /r/ cars threads about ST.

Have you driven one though? It's way more fun than a shitty BRZ. Miata is okay because it's still kinda quick and has gokart appeal.

You must be from Massachusetts

Going with a Stratified tune this summer, is there any other tuner worth looking into?

i wish

Just stick with the FRPP tune. No point in trying to get more power and that torque is enough to kill you anyway.

In a thread filled with dumb niggers, you somehow manage to project your brain damage the most

So I put a Cobb OTS tune on my FoST and the other day while banging through the gears, when going from 3rd to 4th the car just basically stalled for lack of a better word. Felt like someone hit the brakes and for 2 seconds or so it wouldn't take any gas either. This happened right after I'd clutched in 4th and hit the gas again.
Any idea what caused this? Did the clutch slip due to too much torque? Was it a self protection measure on the car's part due to too much boost?
It's only happened once in about a year that I've had the tune and never again since then (was about 3 weeks ago).

Same guy here I just remembered reading that the fuel tank in a FoST is set up kinda badly so if it's less than half full it surges backwards on acceleration and there might not be enough fuel getting to the engine. Could that have something to do with it maybe?

Also note I was revving to about 6k at full throttle when this happened.

Okay, enjoy your slow as fuck BRZ. Have fun getting embarrassed on both the highway and the track by the faster and more capable Focus.

the st's rear diff wont tank when drifting..

because it doesnt exist..

why all the hate here? I had a foST and this and I like them both. my best friend has a fiST and all three cars are a blast on the road. fwiw, I've owned a STI, WRX, miata, and driven a FRS for about 400 miles and I'd definitely rank fun on twisties at RS, STI, fiST, foST, FRS, wrx, miata. the tiers are def 2-3-2. my miata had really fucked suspension so my opinion probably doens't count there.

/bigturbo/ reporting in

forgot the picture cuz I'm retarded

why all the hate here?
Bus riders.

I've driven both. The BRZ is leagues ahead of the ST twins no question

Aww shit look what I literally just bought

Damn

>brz
>ahead of anything except maybe a nissan versa
lmao. you've driven nothing.

What

you're fucking retarded and i hate this car and the trim levels

you're fucking poor and jealous of this car and the trim levels
also what trim levels there's just 1 trim and the optional rs2 equipment package

>you're fucking poor and jealous of this car
Man you're right, I wish I was rich enough to finance a $30,000 Focus

i know it's sad that you can't even afford a $30k car