If i get a rx7 fb will people think im poor? And what types of engine swaps can i do...

If i get a rx7 fb will people think im poor? And what types of engine swaps can i do? I just really like the way she looks

Other urls found in this thread:

kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/longueuil-rive-sud/mazda-rx7-jdm-rhd-1992/1334740939?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true
japaneseclassics.com/vehicle/1992-efini-rx-7/
youtube.com/watch?v=Xgr2_OK0wLM
youtube.com/watch?v=XS4zjMYqckw
youtube.com/watch?v=7Q0x0MzvG7Y
youtu.be/c2Oliq1znfk?t=1m8s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Don't you dare defile a Japanese DoritoMachine with a shitty LS, Cletus. Go spend that money on a lifetime supply of fentanyl, I hear it's a cultural delicacy among your kind.

depends on mode'. was ether factory 12A or 13B.
I just wanted to post perfection for S1-3 RX7.
pic related, its is perfection.

Put a 20B in it

>If i get a rx7 fb will people think im poor?
Yes. So be the normie you are and get something that others will approve.

>If i get a rx7 fb will people think im poor?

why do you care what other people think?

>And what types of engine swaps can i do?

why are you worried about swapping engines in a car you don't have?

>I just really like the way she looks

cars don't have genders. And you sound underage.

Just get a 924, don't ruin a doritomobile

Rude please apologize
I like you .
Hnnnng
>cletus
Wat?
Im not underage user i turned 18 this February

>caring about what other people think when buying a car
>swapping anything but another dorito into an RX-7
I seriously hope you won't do this. Be careful, FB spare parts are almost all gone by now.

I guess true enough i just wanted my OP to look bigger desu
What are some negatives to swapping because im worried the dorito will have it seals break and doritos went out of style for a reason user i just really fucking like the way the FB looks no other car will do even if it looks similar the FB this is the one for me.

>im worried the dorito will have it seals break and doritos went out of style for a reason user
Naturally aspirated rotaries are pretty reliable if you maintain them properly. If you buy an FB you can swap in the larger 13B rotary motor, get it mildly ported with a good exhaust and you'll have a quick little car.

The good news about doritos is that they're easy to rebuild if you've got the tools. This infographic is about the RX-8 but I'm pretty sure there's information that applies to any dorito engine in here too. They need a little bit more care than a normal piston engine but their reputation for unreliability has been greatly exaggerated.
What he said.

>Rude
I'm unhappy so I'm replying to stupid posts.

That was my dream car as a 1st one in elementary school. My peers didn't get me.

Hmm im not sure i understand why you don't want me to do an engine swap i get that but they so much more fun engines to put in
See i just want a nice car without having to worry about my rotary everything negative (and positive) has to do with the engine. I don't mind upkeep but i have little space to work and the space i have is a fucking gravel driveway that's thin as all hell
Please stop being rude your classmates were wrong user its a nice car

Should use commas
I mean i understand why don't want me to the cars are special

If you get FD, you will BE poor

>wants dorito machine
>doesn't want the dorito

you are the worst kind of normie.

I simply dont have the tools and space to constantly upkeep a dorito alright user i love the car
So stick with FB? Okey

>Please stop being rude
I don't believe I'm rude. I just don't get the being ashamed of being poor thing. Is that an african american thing or is it a joke I don't get?

>fb rx7
>poor
only if you're a tasteless stancefag who'll cut it and put nigger tier wheels on it.
Leave it dorito

Idk im dumb
No i fucking wont i simply want a new engine you double nigger cock sucker

put in a renesis or a newer dorito

If you don't have the money for tools, maybe you shouldn't get an old car right now? Save up, read, watch videos, by the time you've got the money for the car and tools you'll know what to do and no longer be afraid of rotary maintenance. Of course, you said you're 18, so your patience probably isn't that great. It would be rewarding, though.

this. don't bother with old cars if you can't wrench. get one in 5 years when you learn how to drive and take care of a vehicle

Your possibility right user anything you would suggest to build up knowledge? I don't want to kill a rx7

Honda F is the coolest swap I've seen.
302 is easy and what I would recommend.
Rotaries are garbage, don't fall for the meme from kids with no car experience.

Yeah, you're more poor if you spend money on it instead of leaving it a shitbox.

I'd recommend starting with the RX-7 club forums, it's full of rotary autists.

Alright user i have some experience working on cars but not much i dont want to be a bad owner car is to nice to deserve that fate

>will people think im poor?
Literally who cares

Good luck user. Just remember how much you care about that car if you get it, let that motivate you to learn what you need to know and do what you need to do. It's the information age, you can learn anything if you're willing to try.

Idk i figured it would get me replies and a thicker OP.

Alright thanks i might just buy the car so when i see interesting info i can get more firsthand info on the car itself

>Im not underage user i turned 18 this February

yet you're still a dumb teenager.

Never said i wasnt, or unwilling to learn

>implying an 18 year old can afford an FD3S
>implying he is competent enough to maintain a rotary engine.

Yes no way i can obtain one 100% yep!
kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/longueuil-rive-sud/mazda-rx7-jdm-rhd-1992/1334740939?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true
Anyway i prefer the FB

start off by not asking questions about rotaries on this board.

there are hundreds/thousands of posts on rx7club and other rx7 forums with posts from people who were once dumb teenagers like yourself asking the same question and then seasoned rotary experts answering their stupid questions.

>$18k Canadian dollars
>for a fully riced out Rx7

lol disgusting

I never said you can't obtain one. I said you can't afford it and since you're 18 years old chances are you're a poor HS/college student, so no you can't afford a 25 yr old Japanese sports car. You would get raped on insurance as well. And if you could, you wouldn't be here asking these dumb ass questions in the first place

For $6k more this is what you can get.

a remotely stock not riced the fuck out Efeni Rx7 with 75k miles

japaneseclassics.com/vehicle/1992-efini-rx-7/

that car you posted is absolutely disgraceful. You have bad taste and you being 18 is no god damn excuse.

>kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/longueuil-rive-sud/mazda-rx7-jdm-rhd-1992/1334740939?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

my god. this is an abomination. You would really buy this POS for $18k?

jesus christ.

Pulled up like one of the first things i got and 18K isnt bad and agsin I prefer the FB was just a thought
I went on google and typed RX7 FD for sale Canada and clicked a random one

>wheel fitment
disgusting
>body aero
terrible choice
>headlights
repugnant.

Again i literally clicked a random one

See

>I went on google and typed RX7 FD

and thats why you should stay away from cars and stick to school to make more money and let your brain actually grow. Im serious and not trying to insult you. The fact that you used google to actual do that shows how dumb you currently are.

I just wanted to pull up something fast. If i am going to make a purchase il look around harder than googling it

>LS
>shitty
>k-keep the rotary
You guys are so fucking gay it's sad

I blame myself that this thread went to shit

>entire car defined by its lightweight engine unlike any other
>hey lets swap in a boat anchor because muh horsepower will convince my parents I dont blow men through glorhyholes
kek

not the person you replied and while I prefer the rotary engine I don't think their is anything wrong with someone swapping an LS1 into an Rx7. Especially one with either no engine in it to begin with or a blown rotary engine.

I'll never understand people getting mad at other people for doing something with their own money/time.

pic related has an LS engine in it and it was done damn well. the swap and the cars exterior as well. It still retains those beautiful curves and has all the right bits to make it look aggressive.

I feel like a lot of people who do V8 swaps into japanese cars do it terribly. it comes out looking like a mess.

but like I stated, this one was done pretty damn well.

I like it

Is that copper in the front?

Probably gold liner to reflect the engine bay heat away from the intake.

Just get a corvette if you want to be a faggot.

Not him but what if i want to be a faggot in a car i like?

Here's another FD that has a V8 in it that was done well.

It was for sale and owner was asking around $26k I think.

Im assuming its gold, as that is the best reflector of heat. The Mclaren F1's engine bay is covered in gold foil.

you have bad reading comprehension skills. I don't plan to own an FD and if I did I'd keep the rotary engine in it.

>Cars don't have genders you sound underage
People have been calling cars, boats, and machines in general "she" for literal centuries. Although most people would only do that for something they own, which OP does not.

>People have been calling cars, boats, and machines in general "she" for literal centuries.

"I have never connected the design of cars with shapes of people or their sexuality. There is certainly an undeniable power to a race car,it is a sexy machine."

>will people think im poor?

Wrong mentality m8

The LS while effective is the polar opposite of a 13B

yes I know, the point is what the point about caring what other people do with their car. If you buy an FD and keep the 13b great!

and if not who cares?!

I don't care, I just can understand why purists, especially of such a unique and storied name, would not like seeing what few examples left in the world be changed.

if we are being honest most stock FD3S' are shit. there are a few upgrades that need to be done for the car to run much better.

oh god my dick

That isn't drastically altering the car's character, but rather refining it.

So i'm going to thread hi jack cause I'm not poor and I can. Been considering importing an FD over to Europe. Which model came with the most desirable engine in terms of performance. I want maximum brap brap braps like a 787B

>wants an FD
>wants maximum brap brap braps like a 787B

if you are being serious, your best bet is to either import an FD shell and then swap in a 20b yourself

youtube.com/watch?v=Xgr2_OK0wLM

youtube.com/watch?v=XS4zjMYqckw

youtube.com/watch?v=7Q0x0MzvG7Y

or buy a Eunos Cosmo that already comes with a 20b and turn it into a full fledged race car.

skip to 1:07

youtu.be/c2Oliq1znfk?t=1m8s

both options are very expensive

Eunos cosmo had the 20b but it's not an rx7

true.

thanks!

Take your shit cunt-ass attitude elsewhere.

>car is perfect 50/50
>poor people swap an LS because they are too dumb/lazy to take care of a rotary
>car turns into a 60/40 piece of shit
really glad the car culture in my country doesnt include this retard shit

kill yourself my man

What if I put a 440-6 Hemi in it

EV conversion.

Literally born in 2000.
Don't defile a classic, you dumb kid.

hnnnng all that space to do activities

People shitting on you aside, if this is the first car under your own name, buy something else.

Do you have a spare garage/parking spot that you own?

Are you okay with choosing between an unexpected $3k repair or going car-less?

Be realistic. You are poor.

holy fuck
that might be the prettiest RX7 pic ive ever seen

Dat is one sexy ass

It's looks like a cheap 924...

the funny thing is, even with a rotary, the FB is more reliable

my job is is like an hour walk I dont mind that, school isnt an issue neighbour is a year under so if my car breaks I dont mind dropping as much as it takes to fix it I have a bit of space I guess can take it to a friend's shop if need be though

If you dont have tools or space to change oil every 3k miles or fiddle with a carb, why would you be able to swap in a different engine?
These cars are pretty solid for being 30 years old. Maintenance is easy and they are plenty reliable.

I have places I can go to work but if the car breaks down completely il have to wait a bit to get it towed to a friends shop. and the reason I want this car is the way it looks and the fact that even with the rotary it is a great car and will be reliable

#1, why do you care so much whether people 'think youre poor'? Who gives a shit. Its YOUR life. Everyone else can just bugger off.

#2, Why would you immediately want to do an engine swap?! Holy crap man... Like, unless you're talking about dropping another rotary in, like a 13B-REW, then you should be spanked. Please don't be that dude who drops a 350 chebby under the hood or anything stupid.

If you're going to do an engine swap.... First, get an FB that already has a blown engine, so that you don't take a rotary powered FB off the road that someone would want to drive as is. Next, swap in something awesome like a 2JZ or RB26. Something Nip-built.

I prefer original engines or similar from later gens

I have a 240z with an L28 from a 280z

You can stick a 13b in there or keep the 12a

Please don't do an LS swap.

>440
>Hemi
Uhhhhh

You have autism.

MUH V8s!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree with you, Japanese car, stick with japanese manufactured engine, preferably same make. (12a to 13b preferably)

RB26 is took expensive and so is 2jz

Go with RB25/20 or SR20, maybe even a L24/28

Honestly though, I dont think an engine swap is a good idea for the kid. Learn to maintain the car with its original motor first before swaps.

and you should kill yourself.

>Go with RB25/20 or SR20, maybe even a L24/28

nigga what

all of those are expensive to do. Do you understand how much fabricating/wiring you'd have to do? Of course not, because you are underage and have never touched a wrench in your life.

>Honestly though, I dont think an engine swap is a good idea for the kid. Learn to maintain the car with its original motor first before swaps.

Wow, reading comprehension.

Also I was just replying to the guy who suggested RB26/ 2jz. Obviously an engine swap is expensive, The engines I listed are cheaper than a 2jz/RB26.

You want a car with flippy up headlights and an Ls you say? Boy howdy do I have the thing for you.

the engines might be cheaper but the work/fab is just as expensive and labor intensive. Suggesting an engine swap to an 18 yr who has never had a car is dumb in general.

I'd recommend rebuilding a lawnmowner if anything.

Its what I did before I even touched a car.