Previous thread: = NEWS =
>Tekken World Tour Announced
tk7.tekken.com/news/tekken-world-tour-announced
>Ultimate Tekken Bowl trailer
youtu.be/-BaJENh1Irs
>Geese Howard DLC trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=6MK2TKFFtQA
>New Panel Art as Free DLC
gematsu.com/2017/07/tekken-7-teams-renowned-artists-game-panel-art-due-free-dlc-september
>Eliza and Taiko no Tatsujin DLC
siliconera.com/2017/07/28/eliza-taiko-no-tatsujin-dlc-join-tekken-7

= BASIC INFORMATION =
>Notation
tekkenzaibatsu.com/legend.php
>Fergus' character overviews
docs.google.com/document/d/1yqgxbES6su4clpQou2hzlZN40rpPBtwmMRKWfexbj3g/
>Frame data for every character
rbnorway.org/t7-frame-data/
>Top 15 moves for all characters
drunkardshade.com/2017/05/27/tekken-7-top-15-moves-for-all-characters/
>/tekgen/ T7 Character Information Compilation (wip)
docs.google.com/document/d/139rPKrNc0nYHm2SmEa9Wy6LE7ps_2C0akOD4BQrmN2Q

= TUTORIAL VIDEOS FOR NEW PLAYERS =
>How to Approach 3D Fighting Games
youtu.be/p7Ar-RctqyU
>Korean Backdash Cancel (KBD)
youtu.be/gLp3Y0PdV94
shoryuken.com/2017/02/17/this-is-the-year-you-will-learn-how-to-perform-tekkens-korean-backdash/
>Button Buffering
youtu.be/38iJWsjc_w8
>Options at the wall
youtu.be/2SW7kCmA23o
>How to get off the ground
youtu.be/j-PDc20Jezg
youtu.be/11oZkTYI6Rs
>Low parrying
youtu.be/SF2wBESs01U
>Oki/Tech Trap
youtu.be/LYqbvQljTw0
>Throw Breaking
youtu.be/m4em9HzrwFI
>Wavedash
youtu.be/xMtFCy8LreM
>Wavedash/Backdash on pad
youtu.be/fU5Ji23k4LU
>Combo video playlist for each character
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDzNGonyeoUtBqYuqku0QqNwk2mcSlV_n
>Combo video playlist for each character
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDzNGonyeoUtBqYuqku0QqNwk2mcSlV_n

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tWRrIqruaa0
twitter.com/BandaiNamcoUK/status/900704400263581696
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

best purchase of my life

>can't even release bowling on time

How much do you think Geese's release will be delayed?

by the end of this year so that means Feb of next year the earliest.

You know as fun as this game is I still lament they made a lot of shit easier like demoman or using deathfist as an ender. Demoman was way harder in older games and doing deathfist off bound took timing. Then there's the buffed backwalking. The only one I don't mind is the generic grab nerf which stopped shitters from abusing em.

>finally get the upper hand on the opponent and win a few sets
>tfw you do enough runbacks that your opponent learns more about you than you did about them
>they start stomping you
THE CYCLE NEVER STOPS I LOVE IT

I just found Leo can't wear the officer's cap and her military coat at the same time. what the fuck? All the other hats work, but not the one that fits the best.

>lose the first game but note the other guy's patterns
>they winquit
Why do we live, if only to suffer?

I WANT TO BREED LILI.

Scrub here what the actual fuck am i suppose to do against xiaoyu i felt like i was playing a 50/50 guessing game every block and god forbid i try to use a move and get crushed/counter hit

your mids are now highs and you have range advantage

that's all you've got

late 2077

So don't play Paul. There are plenty of non-braindead characters.

Bunch of stoners in the thread, anyways thanks for the 55 inch sub I think that was an Armenian something I forgot. What was I saying? See this is what happens when I look at the thread it's all just stoners talking shit. Hey thanks for the donaysh really appreciate it, now I have enough for big dinner. Who said that? Hey Hagrid how do I- I'm gonna stop you right there. I'm not gonna read that 200 word essay which is probably just about you smoking butthash on the weekends. But uh thanks for the donaysh though, I really appreciate it. I gotta take a break, buy a tshirt for your milfs. Poof I'm back now keep it down I gotta concentrate

What's the difference in getting a stiffer 2 or 4 lb spring and a battop for my stick as opposed to getting a full Korean stick assembly? Is there anything I'm missing out on just going with the former?

OK boys i love this game but I dont know how to practice. Practice mode is so free-form by definition that I have no idea what I'm meant to be doing. Its said that you ought to just try everything in your move list but what use is that? I'm not gonna remember 70 commands completely out of context. Put me in my place tekboyz

I mean, a proper K-stick has no gate at all and is much stiffer than a J-stick.

I'm not quite sure what you're intending to do.

Find a guide that spoonfeeds the top ten moves for your character and go from there.

Who are you playing?

Lars

Is it worth buying tekken7 on pc if i live in a slav country? On Steam there are around 2k players online avarege. Like that is enough?

Just cost effectively emulate a Korean stick with my existing sanwa I guess. It won't be the exact same as a Crown or whatever but would it at least be close while saving me a good 20 some odd dollars? I'm mostly aiming for the stick being able to return to neutral quicker for easier kbd.

2,1 (i10 punish)
d/b+2,1
d/f+1
b+1
WS2,1 (i13 WS punish)
f,f+4, 3
f+1+2 (i15 mid launch)
u+4 _ u/f+4 (orbital)
d/b+4 (low CH launcher)
f+2,4 (i12 punish)
f,f,f+3 (mid slash kick with + frames)
d/b+1, 3
f,b+2,1 (i14 launcher)
FC d/f+1+2
WS1
SS2

Those are probably his best moves.

Basic combos are here:

youtube.com/watch?v=tWRrIqruaa0

I'm not a Lars player so don't blame me if I missed something.

Like 95% of the point of a K-stick is the fact that they have rubber pads instead of a gate. If you aren't going to go the whole way, I wouldn't bother.

No fuck off nobody likes you RU players even if you aren't actually russian because the connection for the rest of europe will always be between 1 and 3 bars.

We have fiber lol. 20mbs sec. Not our fault that your connection sucks.

but if you decide to pick by ping, it'll connect you to people nearby most of the time

weird though, because if you change game region in steam it actually works despite the ping differences

Thanks man

Looks too much like a nazi outfit for Namco

>buy tekken 7
>finish story and start pvp
>online is boring and not as rewarding as mkx
what a waste

>online
>boring
>comparing to MKX of all things
i think you might just have bad taste man

OK, follow up question

so many of his moves seem to be very similar mid pokes with slightly different frame data

how the hell are you supposed to know when to use what? are you just alternating to catch your opponent off guard?

>years to climb ranked to until you face an opponent at your level
while in mkx you can get matched against top players in your first ranked game, which is more than satisfying to play

>years to climb
I dont know how this is even a problem. You can go from Blue to Red in like 15 games and I can almost guarantee you won't get to Red.

Are you in gray ranks? You only have to do that once.

more like 50 but the game has a streak system for sure

>install mkx
>get a feel for a character or two
>hit up ranked
>get blown the fuck out by some top player
>get another blow out by another top player
>my blood is boiling and I want to kill
>get matched against a potato that could only jump
>man I feel so bad for that guy...

what's satisfying in this? adjusting your rank in tekken doesnt take a year, but a day at max if you suck, a few days if you're good

i was savior when i still faced scrubs when i was a scrub myself
honestly i uninstalled out of boredom which is very rare for me to do, they shouldve made the singleplayer a lot longer

Nah, not like 50 at all. Literally like 15.

OK cool, go to another general lad

initiate to brawler will take 8 games even if you rank up every second game

did you accidentally play treasure battle instead of ranked or are you just ebin trolling

>how the hell are you supposed to know when to use what?

This will mainly come through experience.

As a general rule, you can play any character competently in Tekken if you know several key tools for your character. These are:

a) A 10 frame punisher
b) A 12 frame punisher
c) A mid poke (usually a d/f+1)
d) A reliable mid launcher
e) A decent, unseeable low poke
f) A while standing punisher

Anything else is just gravy. You use your 10 frame when your opponent throws out something that is slightly unsafe, a 12 frame against blocked launchers or anything that is very unsafe. WS punish against blocked low pokes. Launcher against extremely unsafe moves or when you think your opponent is going to duck. Mid poke (d/f+1) to keep your opponent from ducking out of pressure and to setup sidesteps or backdashes. Etc.

There are too many esoteric properties for each individual move for me to tell you when you should and shouldn't use them - especially given that I'm not a Lars player.

Post PSN/Steam id

Oh yeah shit I read it wrong. Oh well

Very useful. thanks

You can't just succeed in fighting games without experience and knowledge no matter what kind of gifted stick wizard you are, so either you are talking shit or heavily played other newer Tekken games before, eitherway fuck off.

>Need to do some stuff in the morning
>decide to play tekken midnight
>tired, playing sloppy, litterly everyone winquits and ki-charges all day
>meet some lad playing hwoa
>juggernaut
>oh boy
>he keeps on rematching me so I can get practice and gives me feedback afterwards
Bless this game and all who play

>no mention of chessmen or "be cool"

4/10

honestly thats something i like about the tekken community, seeing as how i only recently got into it. Very friendly and helpful community. Maybe it's because they realize the game really doesn't help you much so its kind of a brotherly thing to do

Fuck.

you realize most people aren't top level players and dont want to be btfo the instant they load up the game? You know there is also a "any rank" search setting? I also doubt you need to play anyone beyond juggernaut right now buddy boy.

Indeed. Meeting those guys now and then really encourages me to continue learning the game.

the female characters in this game are so cheap and brain dead they practically play themselves all you gotta do is be able to press buttons really fast

each and every one of them is mega OP and easy to use no wonder everyone mains female characters that's all you see online 90% of all the matches are female matches

someone had to say it..... every match against female characters comes down to button mashing and spamming OP strings ...LITERALLY every match every time

this game is NOT ballanced...not by a long shot as a Feng player what am i suppose to do against Lili and Ling? they literally beat everything i do i got no useful tools against them their moves are faster better and stronger....only thing i can do is block and hope they make a dumb mistake...it allways comes down to them mashing strings and me trying to survive that's every match in a nuthsell ****ing ridiculous

dealing with Dragunovs Laws and Kings is a walk in the park compared with Lili Josie Ling Asuka etc etc every ****ing one of them

>Plays Feng
>Whines about balance
do more lows and 2 frame pokes

But that's what I wanted
Let me have my qt reverse trap nazi

>Akuma with 300 wins in low green ranks
>entire gameplan is jumping back and spamming fireballs, sometimes running up and sweeping
Fucking hell, that was pathetic. At what rank do these people stop showing up?

Going from Paul's simpler move set to Feng is nuts. I feel like I have 2-3 times as many options for how to do things and having more than two low options is blowing my mind.

Where can I learn Heihachi's most optimal combos? I use the ones from old pro videos but I fought one that used WS4 against me in all his combos and I don't know what the fuck is going on there but I want to learn them.

they don't, eventually you run into akumas that know how to do combos and then your blood will really boil.

I wish sweeps were removed from the game

Paul has decent low options

Sway 3/df1b3
Qcf3
d4
Ss3

True, I just don't use 2-3 of those enough. But that's still a world of difference compared to Feng's numerous low option.

Don't tell anyone I told you this
db

I can't

It is not enough that I get promoted. Others must also be demoted.

snake edges are overpowered in this game. I don't give a fuck what you motherfuckers say. crushes highs, goes full combo, unreactable online. Just 50/50 to win.

idk then senpai
maybe try alisa or feng
can't get swept if your airborne/ your opponents busy been unga'd against a wall

Hahahahahahahaha How The Fuck Is snake edge Real Hahahaha Nigga just hopkick Like Nigga do mids and shit Haha

I should start reading the steam forums again

YouTube

how will leo denialists ever recover

He'll use it when he has advantage, unless you want me to read his mind on when he does it.

twitter.com/BandaiNamcoUK/status/900704400263581696

DLC releasing on 31st. Includes Idolmaster outfits and bikinis.

Is that a 2 break?

>have to read on enemy characters to be able to play the game
>no replay system

Great game tekken fags

>he didn't learn to read characters in Tekken 6 and Tag 2
lmao just give up

>have to actually pay attention to win
damn that sucks man

>have to read on enemy characters to be able to play the game
You can get pretty far mainly just knowing your own character. Knowledge of characters you don't play should come pretty naturally from just grinding fights and recognizing moves that give you trouble. You only need to hardcore study up on the enemy characters at a moderate to high skill level, which applies to every fighting game.

So I don't understand what point you're trying to make.

so what would you say are peak playing hours for EC US? How long does it take to find a game in your region?

read up on characters I meant.

Blame the other fightan games, harada doesn't even have to try with tekken when the rest of the fightans are shit and tekken is automatically the best.

Hypeeee

You only need to hardcore study up on the enemy characters at a moderate to high skill level, which applies to every fighting game.

It's worse in Tekken. There's a lot of moves that are positive without looking it, and "every fighting game" has replay systems and not 80+ move lists.

So when Harada said August 2017, what did he actually mean?

October 3rd

I mean that's again more so applied once you really get into the game and have a strong grasp of fundamentals, movement, and your character where just general feel for enemy characters isn't enough. I agree no replay system built in is dumb but the tools to learn are there, it's not like you need to study every character and know everything when learning the game like you initially said.

The 31st see

Nice

Honestly, the only reason I bought the season pass was Geese

>twitter.com/BandaiNamcoUK/status/900704400263581696

>Idolmaster, bikinis, Blood Vengeance

So no classic Tekken outfits or new separate pieces or anything? Fuck me.

hes only at advantage AND close enough to snake edge of a f,1+2 which haz zero homing and is super punishable after a sidestep.
if he does manage to get you to block one he'll either throw, snake edge or do something that crumples on counter hit.
Neutral guard, hover over 1/2 to throw break and be ready to low parry.
get it down and the absolute worst you should be eating off a blocked f,1+2 is like 15 damage from a mistimed parry

Everything is catering to waifubros
Stay mad

why are bamcos priorities so backwards usually? is it a japanese thing?

like instead of lei, lets put in fuckin bowling. instead of revamping customization, lets add some balls costumes that reference animes

I honestly bad no idea lei was this popular. He's a fucking faggot character I'm glad I'm not fighting anymore. Thousands of times more infuriating than Chloe's, Kings, Eddy's, bears, Paul etc

He's not popular by any means

Every fucking dumb bitch is whining about him not being in the game for 8 months now

/ourguy/ is ranking up

Is there a better feeling than seeing someone dodge you because you beat them?

Them dodging you the next day.
Means the ass whooping was so bad they'll forever remember you.

No, I wanted to play

Any of you having connection problems? I can't find a match no matter how long I wait, no sessions, no ranked matches, no tournaments. I know it's too early for US but I can't find shit even at night.

Give it a rest Asuka.