Foxbody Mustang

The Foxbody is the best all around car. Prove me wrong lads.
>Easy to modify 302
>RWD
>Hatchback for dat practicality
>5-speed
>Big V8
>Glorious exhaust note

Other urls found in this thread:

worldtimeattack.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/WTAC_webstory_MCA1.jpg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Nice car user, notchbacks look like absolute shit

Shit chassis
Shit transmission
Shit engine
Ugly
Sounds bad
Heavy

These things are awful. nearly any Japanese sport compact is better overall.

Every Foxbody looks like absolute shit.

Not the four eyed ones

They look better but some of the years still look like shit.

I will give you that the chassis is shit but some light modifications will make it much better. Foxes are ugly in a good way though.

>Foxes are ugly in a good way though.
>ugly in a good way
>ugly
>good

Stay mad fart can Civic boi.

Foxbodies are too ugly to get mad at. Hell they're slower than stock Civics anyway.

look out for dsms with a boost controller.

A brand new type R probably has about 1/2 a second in the quarter on a stock 30 year old fox bod, but we all know there are no stock Foxbodies.

new civic type r is the cost of a gen 2 viper

Foxbodies run high 14s. About on par with old Si's.

Looks like shit and is slow as shit

The fox is the best 80s hot hatch

It's slower and worst handling than actual hot hatches from the 80's. Not to mention much, much uglier.

SVO is god-tier

I ran high 14s in my stock 86 AOD. That was with the worst (E6) heads. 87-93 with a manual would be faster.

lol

1987 Ford Mustang GT 6.4 14.4 (Automobile, April 87)
1988 Ford Mustang GT 6.4 15.0 (MT Jan '88)
1989 Ford Mustang GT 5.0l Manual 6.2 14.8 (MT Jan '89)
1990 Ford Mustang LX 5.0 6.4 14.9
1991 Ford Mustang GT 7.3 15.6
1992 Ford Mustang LX 5.0 6.2 14.8
1993 Ford Mustang Cobra 5.9 14.5
1993 Ford Mustang GT (auto) 8.0 16.1

>*styles on you*

It's a Foxbody Mustang, but fatter with more ugly.

>more ugly
T-birds are more aesthetic than any Mustang or Cougar, sorry.

Not really, T-Birds are just fatasses.

>fat asses
>not aesthetic
go home, irishman

Fat isn't aesthetic at all. Fat acceptance needs to stop.

Why do you tell these lies?

Only good looking Thunderbird is the first gen

turd gen or a foxbody for my first v8?

who here /cougar/?

the turdgen looks nicer imo but you're going to want to make sure you get one with a 350 which sadly only came paired with an automatic because the t5 that gm used could barely take the 305

An old iroc is more likely to get you laid as they look sharper

fuck man I'm tired of autotragic

Truth.. the 305's are shit, as are the t5's
305 motors limit you to shitty small intake valves

You could get a t56 out of a 93-97 LT1 Camaro and make that work.

I'll prob just grab a 4th gen with a 6 speed, don't have the heart to do a t56/ls swap in a third gen regardless of how beautiful they are

me too man i was on a 2 lane country road today where you can pass slower traffic by using the oncoming lane and as I was doing so and accelerating my torque converter began to spool instead of connect and the car slowed way down and the truck that was once a safe distance away got awful close for comfort before I got back in. really made me realize how little control you have with an automatic

You mount up to the sbc with the LT1's t56 . Bell housing is the same on the older LT1's as it's just a sbc with aluminum heads and shitty optispark

>foxbody
>ugly

maybe it's because i live somewhere foxbody mustang's don't exist, but i think a boxy v8 notchback is never an ugly thing

I heard the lt1 t-56 pretty much bolts entirely up to a sbc save for one extra bolt

well that would be cool if it's plug and play, I don't mind being stuck with an LT-1 for a first v8 daily driver. I'm dying to get a dz302 cam in a 350

It's not quite that easy, but it's not that bad.. have to much with the cross member, wire out the NSS from the auto, and shit like that.. mount the pedals, the cylinder, etc.

Turdgen is better car by far.

So wrong

Foxbody aka white trash Ferrari are complete trash stock. a 1991 Ford Mustang 5.0L makes 205hp and a 1991 Nissan 180sx with a 2.0L SR20DET makes 203hp.

all Foxbody are basically is a Civic, theyre complete shit stock but aftermarket parts are cheap enough you can boost them for cheap

*blocks ur path*

>Overtakes you, while using less gas.

theres no blocking my path, the 5.0L in Foxbody was a dismal engine. 205hp is pathetic for a 5.0 V8 in the early 90s, thats worse than the oil crisis cars that had 200hp V8 engines

I think they look cool and would like to own one.

>Cougar
>Thunderbirb SC bumper
HERESY

Ford's 2.3 turbo pinto was making more power than the SR, 5 years before

>white trash Ferrari
What?

Seriously, what?

just needs some bondo to fix it

>mfw my 4 cylinder Kia is substantially more powerful than a stock Foxbody with a 5.0 V8

maybe thats a term we only use here in Canada but every Foxbody i see weve called a white trash Ferrari since i was a kid

Sorry op, c5 sounds miles better and all i gotta do is drop straight pipes in it in a state with no emissions test or vehicle inpections, feels good.

Using some quick Google'd specs:
>1991 Nissan 180SX, 2.0L (1998cc) SR20DET i4
>203hp @ 6000RPM, 202lb-ft torque @ 4000RPM
>8.5:1 compression, all the extra maintenance and moving parts of a turbocharged, intercooled engine
>328lbs w/ accessories, w/o turbo and piping

>1991 Ford Mustang GT, 5.0L (302cu-in) Windsor V8
>220hp @ 4200RPM, 300lb-ft torque @ 3000RPM
>9.0:1 compression, plain-jane V8 you can fix with a hammer and some open-ends
>460lbs w/ accessories

What a silly comparison. Apples and potatoes.

>overweight
>cant turn worth shit
>slow even in their own day where a 5l v8 produced 203 hp while 4age was pushing 100hp per litre and weighing a lot less
>all of the above and the car is boomer taxed

I'd rather an aw11 desu. A better car in every metric and doesnt have a shitty v8 which is good for nothing but sound.

And I really like foxbody and sn95 stangs.

yes because v8 is over 130lbs heavier than a fully kitted out i4.
that v8 is nowhere near touching that i4.

The pound difference is compensated for by the overweight weeaboo behind the wheel of the Nissan.

and the chassis is infinetly better, car overall is lighter and has a bigger aftermarket since it is a world renowned drift car.

Stay mad, foxbody is shit for everything but getting a cheap v8.
And the v8 is bottom of the pile trash engine by any metric.

>s13
>good chassis

the s13 is missing a fucking frame rail from some unknown reason, the chassis is trash

only the s15 chassis is good

>S13
>not as much of a wet noodle as a Foxbody
lol
>bigger aftermarket than a Foxbody
lol II: the reckoning
>cheap v8
>a bad thing
lol III: lol goes euro

Compared to a Foxbody it's god tier.

lel

Why have Foxbodies never won anything when the S chasssis wins time attacks and shit.

that is as much of an s13 as this is a foxbody

that car has inboard pushrod suspension, it doesn't have the stock setup
worldtimeattack.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/WTAC_webstory_MCA1.jpg

Irrelevant.

>engine is shit
>UNLESS IT HAS 8 CYHLINDERS IT MHAY MAKE DEM 2 HORSEY POWER FROM 18 LITRES BUT IT IS MUH 8 FREEDOM BORES OF FREEDOM, IS MUH BESTEST EVER AND MUH CAR IT IS BOLTED ONE IS BEST CAR IN WORLD, MURRICA MURRICA

yeah you fags are retarded, keep loving your overweight, underpowered innefecient paperweights that barely manage to spin the flywheel.

if so then this mustang is faster than the MCA silvia

>flywheel
its automatic lmao

Cool, something that isn't even a roadcar.

>mca silvia
>roadcar

do you really think you can outshitpost me?

face it, the MCA silvia is irrelevant, it doesn't share anything with an s13 chassis but some unibody panels and those are irrelevant because it has a cage

>Customized S13 is irrelevant
>Completely custom racing car is

lol

>Completely custom racing car

I guess you are talking about the MCA silvia right?

Nope, it's just a S13 that's been modified.

so just like the countless of foxbodies that have won IMSA and Trans Am then

Cool, a car that has nothing to do with the road going variant.

are you talking about the MCA silvia?

Obviously not since it's just a modified S13.

see

Aren't modified cars, purpose built race car.

see

see

see I am trying to masturbate here, are we really doing one of these autistic "see" chains? if so im going to finish and then come back

Nah, I'll just accept my victory and move on.

>ragequitting

>ugly

That was the prevailing opinion from '79 until the mid 90's when racers started using old SSP cars (police pursuits) because they were cheap. Suddenly everybody wanted a notchback where before you couldn't give them away.

howdy :^)

IRS is comfy, also with the SC mowtor with a bigger blower and Carrillo pistons you can easily make 800whp and take your SCougar to Lamboland :^)

>foxbodies never won anything
kys

That brick facade though...

>theyre old and old cars are a pain in the ass to work on
>no longer going for 2-3K for a decent one
>assorted mix of imperial and metric

Do people actually look at this and think it's anything other than fucking ugly? The absolute shit taste of some people is astounding. Nothing about it looks good.

yes faggot whatever you "think"

it is fucking ugly but thats why I like it, its likeable ugly

Foxbody is the Ron Jeremy of cars: fat, disgusting, degenerate and slow but still reliable, was long lasting in its industry, and fucked all the whores. Including the JAV hairy bitches *cof* soyota supra *cof*

seeenjoy fap ;^)

>foxbodies look like shit

Get some better fucking taste, faggots