Does a bigger meme exist?

Does a bigger meme exist?
>maybe helps 5%
>costs about 4 times as much as regular rotors
>drastically reduces brake pad life

you upgrade pads, calipers and master cylinder too, dumbass.
it's like buying a sporty muffler and then complaining that your entire exhaust system sin't sporty as well.

Bigger meme is a "cold air" intake

Fucking this

I cringe when I see fucktards on craigslist proud of their “sicc CAI setup” when the car’s stock intake was already much better. Also when the intake is made of metal, fucking lel

this

The CAI fags I hate the most are the ones that own cars that have factory intakes that go down behind the bumper and then they replace it with a $350 tube that goes down behind the bumper. Pure cringe.

not this troll again..

having no friends is obviously your biggest downfall..

I don’t get it, so called experts tell me cross drilled rotors do nothing, but all the high end sports cars have them? I agree slotting is race car only though.

better heat dissipation for racecar applications

Slotting helps remove brake dust and water/dirt.

Cross drilled for track use is retarded.

Which will not help remotely in a daily driver pr even if you drive your shitbox hard

Yet these rotors barely make a difference compared to all of that

They don't do shit for your shitboxes only for track application

It's a boyracer meme and does not help period. You either buy a cheap crappy rotor and pads or you don't. Cutting into a cheap crappy rotor? It's still a cheap crappy rotor.

Well, let's look at the brake rotors they use in F1. Hey, look at that, no slots or cross drilling. Just regular drilling.

They're carbon, my dude.

If cross drilling and slotting helped, it would still help on carbon.

The only time slots and holes over the pad's sliding surface are good is when you're making rotors for bikes, because they have to be so thin that the superior form of drilling is impossible. If a car rotor isn't flat it's rice. You want more continuous surface area for the pad to rub against, not less.

Like the P1.

>Drilled
Absolute memetier. Actually creates stress risers in the rotors which means you're either adding unsprung mass to compensate, or your rotors brake prematurely.
>Slotted
Perfectly acceptable if you're superanal about pad wear, or drive a racecar with steel rotors. Most slots are indeed designed to wear out pads quick and evenly, with emphasis on evenly.

>but all the high end sports cars have them?
Racecars don't, only road cars do, because they look cool and that's what sells cars.

Racecars don't use drilled rotors, because drill points are weak points and you already have the vents are for heat dissipation.

>Hey, look at that, no slots or cross drilling.
Hey look at that, that's not steel.

Steel = cheep, crappy rotor

You're trying to get gains out of the cheap shit but you aren't getting much

>car has shit intake that only gets air from under the bonnet
>knock out a section and put the intake in the bumper
suck my weiner

>If cross drilling and slotting helped, it would still help on carbon.
All carbon brakes I know of that aren't on F1 cars are not slotted but have really small cross drilled holes in them besides the regular central vents. F1 cars seem to be the exception.

>The only time slots and holes over the pad's sliding surface are good is when you're making rotors for bikes
You don't have to, though. Just look at the perimeter brakes of the EBR1190: those are just slotted, not drilled (to keep the pads clean and brakes responsive).

Anyone claiming a performance benefit would have to prove that through objective data which has not been provided because it does not exist. That is why
All correct

They're carbon-ceramics.

lots of cars have cross drilled carbon brakes

>All carbon brakes I know of that aren't on F1 cars are not slotted but have really small cross drilled holes in them besides the regular central vents. F1 cars seem to be the exception.

In my experience all you will find are small holes or slots like this on LMP cars they are nothing more than wear indicators.

What about performance cars?

Here's some slotted brakes on a race car (R8 LMS).

yeah, those are the ones I am talking about

Meh, I can see slots for places where it rains or has dust like crazy but drilled rotors are totally rice. If someone wants better braking they'd be better off getting racing wheels + tires with aggressive pads since more & better contact with the road allows more energy to be moved from momentum to heat at the front of the car without the front wheels losing traction.
Look at it this way. Better tires will allow the car to perform better in acceleration, braking and turning. Better rotors can make the car stop faster if the tires will allow it.

Can you post an example.

>road-legal version of the car that won GTLM
>not performance

I already posted 2, this is the 3rd example

There's stopping distance from 100-0, then there's stopping from 200-0.
Then there's stopping from 100-0 over and over again and still retaining safe braking, then there's stopping from 200-0 and retaining safe braking.
Braking distance and the heat characteristics of a brake setup can often be related but are not always directly linked. A safe braking system will pull the car up from speeds it's capable of time and time again, without pad fade or boiling the fluid.
Tyres allow brakes to work more efficiently. buy them first.

That's a big rotor.

>own car that has world class braking performance
>brakes aren't ridiculously massive and the rotors are solid

what gives

For you.

Keep trying, still no performance cars yet.

>under 7 minutes at the burgerking
>not performance

if your metric is stopping distance, then the quality of the brakes doens't really matter. Even the shittest shitbox brakes can squeeze hard enough to get the most out of the tires for one stop. 60-0 stopping distance comes down to tires and brake balance

>front brakes are slotted
>rears are drilled
>because those specific rotors were $20 off each

Actually I have drilled slotted coated rotors and they are the only rotors I’ve ever had that I could just let sit out in the elements and the fuckers just never rust at all. Not even a light layer.

Name one of these experts.

you need to take your autism medication

we had the same thread yesterday, what is your damage about upgraded braking systems? did they touch you?

Better yet, they replace it with something that sits in the engine bay

THE BOX SAID 10 HORSEPOWER

It gives me brake horsepower

>absolute madman
pics dude

yerah cold air intake
>actually proven to reduce performance

But slotted and drilled are worthless
>less surface area to brake on
>drilled holes cause uneven cooling leading to cracking very often

literally only reason to upgrade is to lose weight from rotors and ensure better cooling.
Pads and calipers do all the braking.
Rotor is just there to hinder it the least.

Slots help wear the pads down evenly and provide slightly more initial bite

and also help wear pads down faster so they arent a bitch to change

i had a lot of problems with rocks getting caught between my brake rotors and the thin metal shield behind it, they would just sit there making a godawful metal grinding sound until i jacked up the car and removed the wheel to pop the rock loose. it was especially bad on cold days where gravel stuck to the tires and got tossed around inside the wheel well. once i switched over all my rotors to slotted ones it never happened again, all the holes and grooves would knock out anything that fell back there.

one downside i had to the drilled and slotted rotors was that they barely worked whenever they were wet. regular driving was fine as they keep dry and war from regular use but after i washed the car i immediately had to take it out for a drive to clean off the brakes. the rotors would fill with water and the pads were constantly slipping with no grip for the first 1/2 mile or so, it was actually pretty dangerous. once they warmed up and all the water and brake dust was gone they were fine, it was just something i had to do after each wash in my driveway.

specifically drilled and slotted? yeah its a pretty big meme. only matters for weight reduction in racing applications

Cross drilled helps marginally in a race application but really makes them prone to warpage. Literally the only reason they're in production cars anymore is too look cool and possibly make you have to buy more brake parts throughout the life of the vehicle. Slotted are not only much better at heat dissipation but also scrape the pad after every application to clean it and help remove brake dust

>ultrafuckoffhueg rear discs
My dicks for the GT grows larger.

I learned something today, I won't be investing in that kind of intake. Now I gotta figure out how to work for better air intake.

The only thing that allows for that is the coated part. Doesn't matter otherwise.

Drilled and slotted is fucking Stoopid. If steel.

If you want cooling. You get brake ducts with hd fans

Brembo blanks and your good

What car has fans on their ducts?? Honestly asking

thats the magic of non meme weight distribution.
You brake better because 50 50 is just a codeword for "shit at everything except for shit drivers not dying"