/ovg/ - Deadly wasps Edition

Welcome to Auto Vidya General.

Previous Thread: (Cross-thread)

Our Wiki will answer every question you could possibly have!
>get-good.net

Swing by our Mumble server and introduce yourself!
>Mumble IP: mumble.get-good.net
>Port: 64738

Join the /ovg/ group on Steam!
>steamcommunity.com/groups/ovgonsteam

Equipment Guide
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uLKMbKwweUZ3QvFeNs8UeycZbDyo0McxGj7T6uTaTNo/edit#gid=0

We're racing on the weekends. Check out our Google doc for more info!
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R3KWTJsrlS9X2EZUNXY8KbHfsHD-t3_EU_A1n6wBBQc

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HrN8gtOtsQY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

retard

rip guran autismo sex series

nth for fuck this track

>ITT: dirt rally losers cant drive for shit and blame it on stage memorization

>SHiT rally losers cant drive for SHiT
news just in

pretty new to realistic auto vidya, been having fun with dirt rally for the past week. want to buy a wheel but im poor as shit, is it even worth it to get a $100 wheel or should i save up for one with force feedback

Name a better game

dumb nigger cant quote the last OP correctly edition

>should i save up for one with force feedback
For sure yes.

Get a $100 or below wheel don't let /ovg/ make you waste your money on anything more.

second hand logitech wheels with ffb go sub-$100

you must be really new to realistic auto vidya if you wasted the past week playing dirt rally

whats a better rally sim then

dont say rally 2k

what game is this?

my summer car
literally a autistic fingol life simulator

rally 3k

the absolute state of grand turismo vegetation

wait that's MSC? I was thinking that
what car is that, I haven't been keeping up with the game

DiRT 3 and 4

it's one person, most likely a troll who never played the game but enjoys shitting up threads anyway

Frig off Codeshitters, learn how to render a shadow properly.

itt we post rally games better than Dirt Rally
youtube.com/watch?v=HrN8gtOtsQY

rallyeee was a mistake

>marko "rally" tulska
vs
>rally "2k" guy

who would win?

james is always the answer

that's not even a proper rally game

Seriously Codeshitters, what the FUCK is wrong with you? OLD 2011 SKYRIM WITH TREE SHADOWS DISABLED MANAGES TO CONTRAST BLEND BETTER THAN THIS.

IF YOU BONGS CAN'T SIMULATE SIMPLE LIGHT PHYSICS CORRECTLY, HOW CAN YOU EXPECT ANYONE WITH HALF A BRAIN OR MORE TO BELIEVE ANY OF YOUR OTHER PHYSICS CALCULATIONS ARE ACCURATE?

yeah it is

>ended up taking 33 photos of the race
I have a severe case of autism.

Look it's the hoversoyotas!

>1280x720
Maybe the game would look okay if you had a computer from this decade.

It's this car. It's been in the game for a while, but in todays huge update there one of the things added into it was a wasp nest. If you don't get rid of them they'll kill you when you try to drive it

holy shit, a new car
what is it? is it rwd? is it two stroke? are some parts swappable with satsuma ones for more nigger-rigging?

i googled and no, it's like ferndale, just another driveable-not-wrenchable car. meh

>what is it
old skoda estate that you can either steal or win by playing finnish blackjack
>is it rwd
yes
>is it two stroke
no
>are some parts interchangeable
no

name a better drift car

how long until there's only 5 payers max per race

the word soyota is funney lol

Is there even a contest?

Ez.

Is F1 worth buying or should I just pirate it? I was the user looking for F1 games with lots of single player content from a few threads past.

i see you are a man of taste

autistic cameraman with potato computer.webm

shitty drifting

>ogc.webm
ftfy

not worth buying imo
most of it is rehashed

Post a better drift then user

i finished puberty so i dont have any

R-REAL RACERS GRIP, FUCK OFF D-DRIFT FAGS AHHHHHHHHHH

everything you said in this post is completely true good job

Mong, maybe if you had a bran you'd reverse search the image and see it was a thumbnail I took off of google. Codeshittershills ruined, once again.

i can use photoshop too

Dont care about the F4, otherwise very good car selection.

Gotta set my shit up for this, im excited

Even though it's my first f1 game?

so what?
the 2016/17 have the same engines
i say not worth it because a lot of it is lazy devving

>M-MORTY! we must go, our planet need us

Damn you're dumb!

SOYOTA
O
Y
O
T
A

Except you seem to have misinterpreted my post. I was not implying that racers drift, I was instead implying that the individual thinks they are on a superior level because professional racers grip.

Good to know, cheers mate.

But gripping does put you on a superior level though, seeing as it's both faster and lets the tires live longer for more time spent going fast?

To be fair, drifting and powerslides both have small purposes in your greater toolkit of racecraft in the form of making your car as wide as possible when entering a low-speed turn to try and deny someone else the exit they're looking for, but if you're doing it all the time it's purely for the sake of appeasing your inner twelve year old.

Again, misinterpretation. I never implied that drifting was faster or more efficient on tires. It is simply a completely different sport.

>drifting
>sport

>he hasn't mastered drifting in order to transfer those skills into going faster with aero cars

drifting isnt at the olympics

I guess i should've used motorsport. Comparing drifting to racing is like comparing figure skating to speed skating, one's all about speed and the other is all about looks, yet they are both considered sports or in this case motorsports. They are two opposites but I believe they can both be considered under the motorsport umbrella.

>Babbies can't figure out how to take a corner without oversteering so they try and call it cool hektik drifts
Why not learn how to take a proper corner instead of trying to figure out if drifting is cool or stylish?

>implying you can't learn how to do both

hi sj

>drifting
>properly taking a corner
>Driftards unironically believe you can do both

Are you that incapable that you can't comprehend learning to both drift and grip? I enjoy racing and I enjoy drifting, they are different entities entirely. Drifting is pretty much the worst way to take a corner if you are racing.

Let's fucking goooooooooooo.

Grid autosport or nfs shift?

Yeah, it's called an apex powerslide, faygola

and youre an apex moron

Im so sick of destroying 3rd worlders someone competent please play AR with me

>enter a corner and power slide through at an average of at 50 mph

>brake hard, hit a low of twenty, enter the corner and exit at 50 mph

I wonder which one would exit first..?

in reality, going through the corner gripping it will give you the better exit but if the course it tight enough you can intentionally use that slide to spoil the exit
it's not faster in a hot lapping sense, but it can be effective when battling for position

spoil the exit for whoever is behind you, that is
i'm tired and i need to proofread my posts, fuck

please stop. you have no idea what youre talking about.

>slide on corner exit
>get an awful run onto the straight after the corner
>get passed because the guy behind you isnt an anime watching retard who thinks initial D applies to real life
Thanks for trying though.

that's exactly the point i'm making, unless you're on something as tight as one of those trash japanese roads you're just making it easier for the person behind you to pass but if you can actively block the road via being sideways and force them to give up their exit speed, you can stay ahead (though you could also just take the turn normally and have about the same effect)
it's a very, very limited technique, not the godlike defensive and offensive tactic animefags think it is

Hey b/o/ys. I'm finally taking my drivers license and I was wondering if there are any decent traffic school simulators in existence? I actually downloaded City Car Driving and my mother who usually can't even orientate the camera in video games drove perfectly without any accidents. She said she could see this helping someone just get more comfortable with especially shifting and gears.

Am I just being ridiculous for wanting a decent sim traffic school? ;__;

>Am I just being ridiculous for wanting a decent sim traffic school?
yes
a game wont have people pull out on you at the last second at 50k. it wont teach you anything you actually need to know about traffic
games wont help with shifting outside of understanding the logic but the mechanics are where the difficulty is

lmao openwheelfags just love outing themselves

projecting

Dammit.