Why are people no longer buying sports cars?

Why are people no longer buying sports cars?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_USFLcwIAm0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

people would rather have something that JUST WERKS

People want their appliances to do all the work for them.

cuz i like going on road trips with the GF and don't want a clown car. also i like gas mileage. also i don't have $60k to blow on a big metal toy.

Because realized motorcycles are better.

People in cities don't have garages anymore. Odds are your cuckbox apartment only has one parking space so you need to buy a rolling compromise that can do all the pedestrian jobs your missus wants it to do

Because a truck is just as fast on the streets and more practical.

youtube.com/watch?v=_USFLcwIAm0

What do I care about garages? I knew the moment I drove mine off the lot it was going to get beat up and rusted. It hurt at first, but then I remembered I bought it for fun, not to have a show car.

t. leasetard with no attachment to his belongings

That painfully slow almost 6 seconds to 60. Even a 5k new edge GT is in that same range or a 12k c5 vette. Without tunes for both.

Comfort and practicality > street racing

It is expensive and inconvenient to have 2 cars for most people. Couple that with the roads being policed more than ever and people getting dragged through the media / social media for driving fast it isn't surprising

BECAUSE FAGGOTS THAT CRY ABOUT NO GOOD CARS ARE THE SAME ONE THAT DONT BUY NEW SO FUCK OFF AND GO EAT YOUR FUCKING RAMEN

Because there are fast four door sedans that dont have the compromises of a sports car.
You have to be dumb to buy a tiny two seat car when you can have the full deal.

if you want to be pussy-whipped by some roastie you get the "practical" gay-looking cars, yeah

They're not as fun as the older spirited driving sex machines

>expensive insurance
>only two seats
>low gas mileage
>hardly any luggage space
That's why.

People can't justify a $30k toy

>want to buy a new sportscar
>rather buy one of these instead of paying 50% more for a base porche
will I be laughed at?

>You have to be dumb to buy a tiny two seat car when you can have the full deal.
I love my 0 storage space 2 seat car.
Sure 4 door sedans offer performance but you are lying to yourself if you think they can touch even a mediocre sports car.
Performance sedan is like a movie adaptation of that one book you really fucking loved. But its made by a big studio and marketed towards everyone. The reason this movie is made is to make money.

A sports car is the same book you really fucking loved but made by a director who loves the book as much as you do and the writer is in as an consultant. The movie is going to be made because the director fucking lvoes this book and wants to make the best god damned movie about it.

tl;dr, enjoy your compromizes.

>dont need more seats
>gas mileage is better than some cuck trucks or cuckuvs
>who needs more luggage space than for 2 bags of shopping and a backpack, ever.

By people whose opinion doesn't fucking matter, yes.
By people who can't drive stick or take a corner any faster than 15mph, yes.
By guys who test-drive fucking everything for a living? Fuck no. They probably have one too.

the """"""""practical"""""" and """""""reliable"""""""" vehicle matters more now to the averahe normie
atleast makes it cheaper to buy cars for myself when no-one wants to get one

nah its a good car.
Nobody but autistic benchracers laugh at people who enjoy a low power light weight wellhandle

People whove been to the track will never laugh at you for buying a good car.
People who have never raced will laugh at you but guess what, when it comes to cars nonracers opinions are worthless.

But they are, just not muh JDM. Look at the Ford, Chevy, Dodge lineups. Even the everyday grocery getters and point A to Bs are getting ST and SRT badges. Chevy even sells the SS four door which starts nearly twice the price of a Camaro, only comes in auto and costs nearly as much as a base vette.

tl;dr
People are buying American

Because sport trim economy cars have gotten really fucking good.

this
must be sad to need all that space just to drive around your wife's son in

Biggest most money making generation is aging and owns a family

They are, it's just always been a niche market.
Your buyers either have to be wealthy or young enough to not give a fuck about the associated costs.
Dealers know that the "sports car" segment of their brand tends to operate at a loss, made up for by the more practical models.

good, let the bike cucks drive their deathtraps on their own