/sthg/ - Sonic the Hedgehog General

Welcome to the Sonic General. Here we talk all about everything Sonic! Share art and music, discuss about new developments, ROM hacks, speedrunning, comics, and more!

/sthg/ #889 - Bros before Hos edition.

>Sonic News

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=C_uKjg1MTWQ
youtube.com/watch?v=NhwBpAQnYvs
youtube.com/watch?v=o4UwxxN5v94
youtube.com/watch?v=KAt4NuIJ7y0
m.youtube.com/watch?v=ehPmfY-QymQ
youtube.com/watch?v=gOS6-5sV89Y
youtube.com/watch?v=kDmsioyUMg0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I HAVE BREATHED IN
THE DISGUSTING AIR OF DARKNESS

Well despite the amount of petty shitflinging this general has, I'll give /sthg/ credit in that it's far better here than other sites. Especially after this Forces news.

I CAN'T DO THIS ALONE

What Forces news?
Ive been doing real life stuff and haven't heard.

EVEN THOUGH I AM STRONG

>Bros before Hos
1. Learn to spell
2. Nigga u gay
3. I'd take a sonic waifu over you speeds any day

They showed off the Tag Team gameplay footage today. Sites like SSMB are currently flinging shit at each other over it & Forces in general. Baffling that a Sonic general on Veeky Forums could be more level-headed

The slang form of Ho doesn't have an e.
Nigga u missin out if you don't fug a dude at least once in your life.
Waifus a shit.

>Baffling that a Sonic general on Veeky Forums could be more level-headed

It's a little weird, but I think thats because there are far less people here. And I believe people here are (on average) older than the people in other Sonic communities.

are you speaking from experience user?

Tag team gameplay.
youtube.com/watch?v=C_uKjg1MTWQ
I must say, after watching this, I want to play the game, looks fun.

I want to know if the backstory for Silver changed once again for forces.

>tfw you outrun the UFO and miss it completely
I can't be the only one that's done this, right?

You're just as gay as all the other Sonic characters Knuckles stop pretending.
Yes.

I doubt it. What would they even change?

>I think thats because there are far less people here
Probably. But even then, you'd think a site fully dedicated to talking Sonic could have a bit better discussion than this place. But I am grateful that you can talk about Sonic games without the retards on SSMB or children on SEGA Forums. I mean, this place can get pretty fucking bad when ti's filled with shitposting, but when it's good, it's definitely my favorite Sonic place on the internet.

>tfw just finished the two swapdoodle pics for the #900 thread

Remember when Elise thought Sonic was Silver?

Maybe he is not even from the future anymore?
By the way, the Japanese voices sound really good. Specially Knuckles.

What about him?

Boi.
Knuckles was kissing human(?) whores before it was cool

#900 is gonna be lit.

I've never actually heard Sonic's JP voice before

He sounds totally adorable I fucking love it
It also made me notice that Jason Griffith is a very good "approximation" of his JP voice, which makes Roger Craig Smith (who I still like for the record) all the more jarring.

>He thinks Modern Sonic Team will explain character traits and backstories
I'm surprised we're (supposedly) getting a semi-serious plot at all.

Roger Craig Smith would actually make a better Archie Mighty than he would Sonic.

The Tag Team gameplay looks fun, but the automatic switch between Sonic and Buddy is a clusterfuck.

>mfw Silver shares his voice with Jotaro Kujo
It's also nice to hear Kanemaru Junichi's serious voice as Sonic again, he sounds really nice.

Speaking of which, we've agreed on what the OP pic is gonna be? Are we doing the two mascots & Core 4, or are we still doing Amy Edition?

what the theme of the OP pic*

issat supposed to be Evil Silver?
How could Elise mistake a cutie like silver for a no good Iblis Tri-- I mean sonic?

We don't know yet.

Anyone have any advice on drawing infinite's mask? It's giving me a lot of shit fo a design so deceptively simple

What happened to that "favorite character" poll? Anyone have that?

New Forces music, dubstep'd US Metal Sonic theme

No problem, then. Well Amy-themed or a regular #00 thread, I hope we get a lot of great shit!

Buddy's a big wolf.

>Finally acknowledge the US version of SS Bad Future instead of going for the rather overused JPN version
>It's dubstep

I like it. Electronica does fit metal's MO

The one that got taken over by reddit and the Google+ community?

While it is cool that they're going with the US version instead of the JP version, I've never cared for Dubstep. Not that bad of a song in of itself, but it doesn't fit my taste for music.

youtube.com/watch?v=o4UwxxN5v94

HD Tag Team footage

They acknowledged the US version in Generations, which was really surprising, yet real good shit.

It's not that bad. The worst part of Dubstep is the fact they reuse the exact same bassline in every single song. Here there's actually a melody

>Google+ community?
There's still a Google+ community?

>No FIST BUMP moment

Why do so many of Forces' tracks sound like anime themes?

>That Green Hill Zone
People say that they reuse Green Hill too much, but this is a fantastic spin on things.

At first I really hated forces because it looked like generations 2, but this game is actually shaping up to be better than Unleashed, better than colors, and better than gens. Hopefully we get some cool levels. Ultimately the level design will determine that but I feel really good about this game now.

True. It feels more like a unique level than say, Classic's GHZ. While I did like how C. Sonic's Green Hill had a different visual with the sand, this stage does a whole lot more & I really like it.

Gotta say this might be the best version of US Bad Future Stardust Speedway I've heard. Wasn't much a fan of the original, JP utterly trounced it

I love US Present though, can't remember Good Future for the life of me. This was a pleasant surprise and I feel like it fits the tone of the game more than the Hues would

Fuck yeah, I just want to see the results.

>this game is actually shaping up to be better than Unleashed, better than colors, and better than gens
On what planet?

while i love the screenshots, the music isn't really settling right for me. i didn't mind VS. metal sonic but this remix feels a little empty. hopefully it works well with the boss though.

this isnt 2011 who the fuck listens to dubstep. Urgh.

At this point, the only thing I really don't like of what we've seen from Forces is the OC. They all look so damn ugly and stupid. They should've had a new robot character instead for that playstyle, like maybe an Eggman robot that failed/rebelled against him and got thrown away, would make sense for using all the different gadgets/weapons, too.

All the kiddies want to make furry OCs though even though robots are objectively the best characters in Sonic.

It's not bad

+More 3D sections
+Multiple Playable Characters
+Sharper Controls closer to adventure

>+Multiple Playable Characters
user...

REMEMBER ME, SONIC?

WHEN I KILLED YOUR PHYSICS

I LOOKED JUST

+Sonic
+Classic Sonic
+OC(which you can probably make more than one)

Extra Playable Character*
Still counts.

Also, someone made an orchestral remix of Fist Bump youtube.com/watch?v=KAt4NuIJ7y0

m.youtube.com/watch?v=ehPmfY-QymQ
Press F

THIS

I've been trying to figure out the nature of an anime theme in musical composition. What makes it so you can listen to a song and immediately go "this sounds anime as fuck"?

>Forces, the game developed by Nips, uses US Stardust Speedway for Metal

>Mania, the game developed by gaijins, uses JP Stardust Speedway for Metal

>Donald Duck Angry Quacking.mp3

Yeah, and who listens to 80's pop in the early 90's? Or third wave ska in the early 00's? And man, the music in Shadow wasn't already out of style by 2005, no sir.

Sonic's always been like this.

Looks like a desert version of Planet Wisp. I'm OK with that.

The OC maker wouldn't be so bad if there was any actual customization beyond slapping accessories on.

I was thinking earlier, how do badniks work exactly? When they're destroyed, the animal comes out alive and unharmed. Is the animal just put into a "battery" slot where it can't move and the machine saps it's energy to power it, or does the animal actually pilot the robot somehow? If that's the case, is the animal aware of what it's doing? Is it brainwashed somehow?

According to Gamma's story, they do pilot the robot, but they are brainwashed. Gamma's story is all about how the brainwashing starts to wear off and he becomes self aware.

Good point user, Doesn't change the fact dubstep is still a shit genre.

Not bad by any means but why couldn't they use the Sonic 4 ep 2 Metal Sonic theme?

I can tell you, but only if you tell me you're thoughts on tomatopotamus.

GAYPOSTERS MUST BE ELIMINATED.

Shut up, toaster!

Your*
Sorry. Been up all night drawing Lyco and leeta lewd

>gay
Tails is a girl

youtube.com/watch?v=gOS6-5sV89Y
>Remix never ever

Well Lost World pretty much shows they're shells that the animals are put into. Living batteries to power them

I don't really understand how Gamma's story really worked out the way it did. I always took it as the AI ended up realizing it was being powered by something and wanted to destroy himself and the other E-Series to free themselves from Eggman. The innocence of the Flicky and Amy might've given the AI a conscience, cause from the looks of the story it was personal to Gamma and not so much the Flicky

It seems like Sega wants to forget Sonic 4 entirely and just milk Stardust Speedway these days

Why such a small snippet?

Good news user!
youtube.com/watch?v=kDmsioyUMg0

>Play with audience expectations by playing the theme like every other character ending
>Cut it right as he starts to die

It still impresses me that the "play as a badnik" campaign is the second best part of Sonic Adventure. If future games based their gimmicks and playstyle around ideas like that instead of pandering and surprise value, they could have been a lot better.

pic of approx 4 mins earlier when?

Really make you think

>come to /sthg/ because of Forces hype
>brace myself for the usual classicucks to be out in full fore shitting on it
>mostly positive and optimistic reactions

What's going on, are you guys tricking me again? Did Mania just put you all in a good mood?

Nigga. Are you giving constructive feedback?

They're still in their rooms crying about Sonic Mania not being out for master race yet.

Music. sounds really similar to Modern's Park Avenue. Still not sure if I'm a fan of that lead instrument/sound that's being played in these tracks.

I really wish we could've just used the established character's for co-op.
This looks like a good concept so far. Would love to have Tails, Knuckles or whoever else following Sonic again

I wonder if the Tag-Team thing will play into the supposed online component that was in that leak.

Like, you and a buddy play together with your OC's and you both have to co-ordinate using the correct wispon at the right moment or whatever.

Could be neat.

>Remixed by Kenichi Tokoi
MY BOY IS BACK. Although I think a drum and bass remix would've been more suitable over dubstep.

Tomatopotamus Mania looks awesome, but I'm getting tired of seeing Red Valley Zone being reused so much.

Those screenshots are kinda making me think this is just going to be a recycled Silver fight from Generations

Mania would put me in a good mood If I could play it
Besides, the Forces footage looked real good. It's kinda cool to see Forces news not lead to shitflinging