Why did millennials kill Scion?

Why did millennials kill Scion?

we told you already.
they are broke.

Cause they're poor and want supercars

Better question is why did scion think Millenials had money or care to not be leeches off their parents?

Because old farts bought them instead and they became lame. Also that whole broke af thing where they mostly have tens of thousands of dollars in student loan debt.

>Scion
>aimed to be a hip sporty brand
>every car was a fwd shitbox

>FRS
>FWD

fuck off dumb boomer scum

What years were these millenials you all speak of born in? I always figure most people here are pretty young in general.

Because every car they made except one was objectively garbage

Aiko Toyota the president wanted to bring back passion to the Toyota brand. Yet scion was the cool brand

>fursuit

Toyota should've waited until Millennials hit their late 20s to early 30s to start the Scion brand. Its only now that they are starting to get their stride in their careers.

Well most people who actually study these things agree that a generation is roughly 20 and consider millennials to be people who were born from ABOUT 1980 to ABOUT 2000.
So the majority of people on Veeky Forums bitching about millennials are themselves millennials.

It was a dumb move to rebrand existing toyota vehicles just to sell them in a new market in the first place.

>Young people don't have as much disposable income as older people
It's hilarious that the automotive industry regularly forgets to learn this lesson.

Better question why did it exist in the first place would rather have a Toyota and scion wasn't even cheaper

this

its major flaw is its bumper. If it went straight down instead of having that tumor hanging off, it would be an 11/10

>implying i meant that square piece of trash and not the greatest tuner car of the decade

Because Toyota is shit

Wrong leg/foot raised on car.

If they are younger than that, they're probably even worse off given the way the world has been going in recent years.

They didn't. What killed off Scion is their being unintentionally comfy for boomers and oldfags. That turned Scion's whole marketing angle on its ear. The boxy shapes and the truck-ish high H-points made them an unexpected comfy car for oldsters. That's the last thing a car brand needs when its trying to market itself as fresh and different to young folks

Too little too late. FWIW a TC made in RWD instead would have sold like crazy IMO

>FRS
>hip or sporty

When you can charge more for the same shit you already had you can make more money, just ask Acura, Lincoln and Infiniti how they roll

Generation Z is too beta to pick up driving at all. They're ok with staying in their room and jerking off to anime trap fanart

>have to pay out the ass to get drivers license depending on location
>have to buy a car
>have to maintain the car
>have to find place to store car if in metropolitan
>have to pay out the ass for insurance, especially if you have a penis
>have to put gas in car
>have to maintain stable job to afford car
I could understand why.

it just isn't financially viable in many cases. wages are stagnant while rent is exploding, and it is extremely expensive to own a car.

Bro, the average new car note in the US is $500 per month and that's before you add insurance, yearly registration fees and in some cases yearly car taxes. And then there's those red light and speed cameras (city/state revenue generators) that are everywhere.

It's the same reason why millennials are killing ____ industries. People are broke as fuck.

This if I could throw out a tbqh

Yeah. The only reason I was able to buy a halfway decent new car last year is because I make $90K/y. Otherwise I'd have just stuck with ye alde shiteboxe, as I'm not going to live in some suburban trashdump just so I can have a new car.

I'm a millennial and would actively support initiatives to send us to the gas chambers, greater good and all that, Gen Z needs some fertilizer to prosper on.

The whole point of scion was to appeal not with the cars but with flat pricing since the younger generations weren't brought up on haggling. Normally you'd go haggle at a dealership but with scion you just paid the sticker price like you would anything else

imagine a toyota but even gayer and lamer and more plasticy

would you buy that turd?

This is the first time ive noticed that wow

>Waaaaaaah I signed for idiotic loans for the college meme and now my life sucks

I personally didn't, I am going to community college which I can afford in full without a loan. Just saying others did.

>yo, toyota, we need to make cars that appeal to the young people.
>lets just rebadge our cars and build them even cheaper than we were doing

>Should we at least give them an aesthetic minimalist logo?
>Nah make sure they have to stare at this dogshit on the steering wheel

Turns out 3k Civic is a better car

I don't understand this student loan meme. I went to a community college on a student loan to a reasonable program that wasn't especially academically challenging, I got a job out of school with an income that is on the low end of average. Mind you, I live in an expensive city AND I am terrible with money and waste it on frivolous things like dining out and fucking prostitutes. Yet I somehow managed to pay back my student loan within a year. So what I am wondering is what fucking programs are you people taking in college that are raking up hundreds of thousands of dollars in debt?

What the fuck?

this is a good question honestly

>community college
There ya go. My community college tuition is about $2k a year, while 4-year big name universities are on average about $35,000 per year. Of course you won't pay that much with financial aid, but you'll still be paying.

And that's not even as much as medical school (which also tends to be 8 years plus 3-7 years residency), which can be up to $57,000 per year.

>handsome guy in OP's pic
>notice car grille says "FURSUIT"

goddamnit why are all the handsome ones weird

Stupid shit like liberal arts degrees and the like. How many jobs do you think uses that degree? Doesn't help that a lot of children and teenagers where poorly brought up.

I doubt that many of those "broke millennials" are going to medical school desu. I guess it's too bad they fell for the big name university scam for anything other than STEM.

What are you fucking gay

It's a shoop, he's the ultimate wannabe cop fag and put "pursuit" on the grille with the free custom name lettering Toyota did a few years back.

Yea, I don't even think a lot of them realize it.

That's why people drive shitty cars for a while before they finally get a decent car. My first car I got was free (relative died), second car was a boring used automatic 4 cylinder fwd car and it slowly got better after that. I kept each of those cars for about 4-5 years a piece so I could spend money on other things like rent, food, gas, bills, etc.

Then I finally got a decent job and eventually saved up enough to buy a decent car.

It represented being on with not going all the way. Which is ironic because it was those millennial that did not realize what “going all the way” actually meant.

*Being ok

Best way to appeal to young people is to be able to buy the car outright online and not have to go through a fucking stealership to get the car.

Amazon cars needs to be a thing.

This, dealers are a relic of the past that need to fuck off and die already.

How can decide if you really like the car without driving it? You know every car feels different to drive...

Do like Tesla wants to do where the "dealer" isn't owned by some random asshat, it's owned by Tesla themselves.

The cars were built for Millennials, but the concept of a fresh brand appealed to Gen X, which isn't very fond of the brands that Boomers have always bought, like Toyota. Millennials like those brands just as much as Boomers, so the Scion brand is completely unnecessary.

Why did they kill the tC, and not make it the Toyota Celica? I don't know.

>So the majority of people on Veeky Forums bitching about millennials are themselves millennials.
Which makes sense because Veeky Forums is inherently contrarian.

Because they graduated just in time for the 2008 recession so they couldn’t afford a new car, so they got stuck with their parents old Mercury Sable.

early 2000’s Mercury Sable is the official car of the millennials.

Just like how the Nissan Stanza was the official car of gen x when they were young.

Do what Toyota Japan does and open up direct company stores.

its illegal isnt it? Since the stealerships lobbied to basically outlaw that

Pretty cool guy actually. He showed up to the first ever Night Wave meet.

>tuner car
>needs e85 for any form of FI
>will window the block @300whp

>be made specifically for millenials by Toyota after the Celica worked out due to Fast and Furious making ricing sort of popular for a few years
>ricing no longer popular, everyone wants cars that arent made entirely of PVC plastic
>cling to small trends and lucky advertisement like having their ugly ass car get sponsored by that shitty LMFAO group
>all groups quickly lose fame after they stop dropping hits
>corporate Scion can now be found hanging around schools asking kids what's the coolest lolcat maymay in hopes to gain any traction
Its almost as if trends change very quickly and basing an entire company on one would be a bad idea

Badge engineering is cancer
t. europoor

a new tC/Celica with the new 206hp camry engine would be fucking dope

They have become the embodiment of postmodernist irony: Despite being trannies they have no idea how to operate one nor wish to learn how to