Do any other Europeans feel insecure about pic related and other cars from America?

Do any other Europeans feel insecure about pic related and other cars from America?

That car costs $100k and can beat European cars 2-3x its price around the Nurburgring.

America is producing shitloads of cheap muscle and supercars with 600, 700, 800+ bhp whilst we can only make overpriced Ferraris, McLarens and Bugattis and cling to "heritage".

We are literally being eclipsed by the country we mock for building "landbarges".

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Mov4R2ua1yA
youtube.com/watch?v=1sUjOiCj-bQ
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GM_Alpha_platform
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>price
>relevant

ameripoor; the post

Are you sure you're "European" mate? You sound like an American larping to create butthurt.

The interiors in those american muscle cars feel like the interior of a late 80s base model wagon, except somehow noticeably worse. Cheap muscle cars are garbage in comparison to ferraris and porches, not in reliability but in driving comfort.

If you want pure, cheap, uncomfortable speed, just get an R1 or GSXR and put a 2x4 where the seat is.

this feels like either falseflagging burger or genuine ameriboo

I love this car. Tore my forskin in one.

I really like american cars, there's something about them. I think Cadillacs are pretty, but I've got to admit the only american car I drove so far was a Chrysler Town & Country. The car itself wasn't that bad. The only thing that really ruined it was the terrible automatic.
I'd probably even buy an american car if there were service stores here and if they wouldn't be so big that you'll never find a parking place here.

>muh interior

Something easily improved on. I'd rather start with a great car with a shitty interior than vice versa. Seriously, why are Europeans surprised when America, land of the car, produces better cars?

Defiantly i wake up and curse the queen

Nah the Snek has never really interested me, it's cool and clearly capable but like the GTR just leaves me like
>pic related

>Cheap muscle cars are garbage in comparison to ferraris and porches
youtube.com/watch?v=Mov4R2ua1yA

ITT:
>hurr dumb and fat
>hurr cucks
>hurr no replacement for displacement
>nurburgring laptimes
>>pushrods
>hurr 56%
>hurr rapefugee invasion

The problem is that many financially relevant European markets have totally shit vehicle taxation policies. There's no point in trying to make a cheap muscle car if taxes are gonna turn a 50k car into a 150 one. At that price point you might as well throw in 10k worth of comfy and call it an exotic or something to pander to richfags. So they do.

>The straightline gofast

So relevant.

"This video contains content from BBC Worldwide, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds."

Trying to make a screenshot but can't cause mac. Fuckwow

Try this one. The full review.
youtube.com/watch?v=1sUjOiCj-bQ

Nah, I'd love to have one though. Where I live a charger hellcat is 200k eurobucks due to CO2 luxury tax. I'd have to import one as well as they're not sold here. I didn't calculate what a snek would cost but that's lambo tier price

>owned by italians
how do americans feel about the fact that all their most impressive cars are not american?
hellcat, viper - owned by italians.
focus rs - designed by german ford.
all americans can do is shitty vette that gets spanked by british aston.

it also has very little suspension
>being eclipsed
only because America was asleep

It's funny that you think any of those cars are impressive. America sports cars are built on the bang for your buck platform. Pure performance has been and will always be European. Japan used to compete, but that died with the GTR.

They're worse in reliability and comfort. How is that better?

>worse in reliability.

3k in Bosch sensors later.

Virtually nobody drives american muscle cars in Europe.
They are much more expensive in Europe due to displacement tax so it makes no sense to buy them.
Since they're so expensive, we're better off buying a quality Euro brand car than a "bang-for-buck" american muscle car (again because servicing and parts are not cheap like in america) and as such nobody even thinks about them or discusses them outside maybe car magazines.

That is every single thread on this entire board other than tfg

>Virtually nobody drives american muscle cars in Europe.
ten thousand mustangs sold later and nobodies still buying them.

>/dbt/
>/mg/

So I just took a quick look to compare the prices and I found that:
The new EcoBoost Mustang (2.3L 310hp) (so not even the V8) costs the same as a BMW 340i (3.0L 326hp) plus the BMW is also a little bit lighter.

Then I looked at the prices in the US:
340i starts at $48,950
EcoBoost starts at $26,195
Both cost the same in Europe.

So you can see how as a European, it makes no sense to buy muscle cars.

>Do any other Europeans
t. American

>So I just took a quick look to compare the prices and I found
post findings.

wrong image pic related is from germany

>We are literally being eclipsed by the country we mock for building "landbarges".
irony is sweet isnt it

you can thank our based zeta platform that your alpha was based on GM.

as for the snek may it rest in peace

>you can thank our based zeta platform that your alpha was based on GM.
But this isn't true, alpha and zeta are unrelated.

Why do yanks keep saying this

>Predecessor GM Sigma platform (Midsize)
((((((((((GM Zeta platform ((((((((((for the Chevrolet Camaro))))))))

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GM_Alpha_platform

predecessor doesn't mean physically related. the R34 is the predecessor to the R35 but they share nothing in common platform-wise.

Except THEY ARE FUCKING RELATED YOU DICKHEAD
>General Motors global corporate headquarters was impressed by the VE design and began studies on using the underlying architecture (internally christened Zeta by GM engineers) for a range of future products on a global scale. After the cancellation of the plan due to the fuel-economy considerations and GM's financial situation, the idea of Zeta as a global rear drive platform was revived with plans for the fifth generation Chevrolet Camaro of 2010.

Are you reading what you are quoting? they are talking about using the Zeta itself as a global RWD platform which they did and the fifth generation Camaro that started in 2010 ended in 2015 as did Sigma platform cars in 2012. still not seeing any evidence that they are supposedly physically related.

put it this way GM has a LONG history of spending "billions" on making new platforms but they really just spruced up a old one

for example the 89-06 GM V body is shockingly similar to the VE-VF Australian Zeta platform Commodores

nice redditpost burgerboy

No, they don't. The new Challenger interior is as nice as some BMWs. You can pretend all day that we drive around in screaming metal deathtraps with Fisher price plastic interiors, but you assholes can't produce a nice interior without charging 100k for it. Fuck off. Base model Dodges are nicer than base model German cars and cost half as much.

Only redditors buy into the European car meme and cuckchan=reddit.

people who say they wouldn't want a porsche are lardos who go on pretending they'd kick a hot chick out of bed

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHA
there's base model VWs nicer than dodges

They can't "spruce up" an old platform to weigh much less whilst adding rigidity wtihout resorting to more exotic materials. that would cost them more than if they just designed a entire new platform from scratch.
>see: Crown victoria being discontinued because "sprucing up" the old platform would cost Ford more than if they just designed a new one
still waiting on that evidence brah, here's another example: when i google Chrysler's LX platform it actually tells you what cars the platform is related to because they are actually related... Australian cars have long since been related to Opel platform that doesn't make concrete evidence for anything today.

only american car I respect is the viper.
GM is so shit it needs to be bailed out every two weeks.
Ford puma is goat as well.

Rest can fuck off, high hp numbers for pussy ass bitches who are scared of corners.