About to drop $13K on one of these

About to drop $13K on one of these.

Change my mind.

Other urls found in this thread:

topgear.com/car-news/future-tech/can-mazda-save-petrol-engine?amp
youtu.be/_XMMswbT36M
losangeles.craigslist.org/i/auto_parts?SAB=sfv
losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/cto/d/2003-honda-civic-si/6503742596.html
losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/cto/d/2005-acura-tl-6-speed-manual/6491134217.html
losangeles.craigslist.org/sgv/cto/d/1988-saab-spg/6489974815.html
losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/cto/d/1989-bmw-325i-e30/6473339370.html
losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/cto/d/2002-bmw-330ci-5spd/6503039704.html
orangecounty.craigslist.org/cto/d/2003-bmw-530i-5-speed/6500420736.html
inlandempire.craigslist.org/cto/d/2003-bmw-530i-sedan/6474933906.html
losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/cto/d/1994-bmw-5-series-manuel/6503519521.html
orangecounty.craigslist.org/cto/d/1984-bmw-733i-immaculate/6498001525.html
losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/cto/d/1985-mercedes-benz-500sec-not/6486915642.html
losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/cto/d/1984-mercedes-benz-300td/6492055804.html
losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/cto/d/mint-1984-mercedes-300cd/6497035655.html
losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/cto/d/2004-mercedes-benz-e500-4/6467206756.html
losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/cto/d/volkswagen-passat-low-miles/6501383936.html
losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/cto/d/2005-volkswagen-gti-5-speed/6492252543.html
edmunds.com/mazda/3/2016/sedan/st-200743780/review/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

No need. They're solid cars.

Don't buy it.

I have a 2017 2.0L GS, ask me anything, they're tons of fun to drive, every friend that has tried it loved the steering, some people bitch it's slow, to me it's plenty fast throwing your body against the seat during acceleration,

If you insist get the 2.5L, I haven't tried it since I couldn't even afford it and ignorance is bliss. People say it's noisy, I can't really tell, besides I like engine noises cause I'm not a pussy.

have fun

>pic related, like mine but mine is a sedan with out the rally lights

Steering and braking are what matter in fun DDs.

Exactly, and the thing the mazda has going for it is that even though it's not a drag racing car, it gives you the confidence to take corner's faster since it's so compossed, and it actually accelerates pretty quickly through and out of corners in 2nd or 3rd, and it will fly on highways on 4th

If you don't look after that paint it will look like shit in a few years when you go to sell it

Thanks senpai. I'm stoked. It's not the 2.5l cuz I'm poor but I need a new DD. The 1990 Accord I've been driving for 8 years is finally dead.

I've ALWAYS wanted a 3.

It's a great car. If the one you're buying is older and has the infotainment, you can hack it to add Android Auto

if you actually like cars buy a focus st what the fuck is wrong with you

>Ford

2.0 is anemic as hell

i've driven the 2.5 and throttle respone is SO much better

the ST is a GREAT car

much more FUN than the mazda THREE

You only say that because you like mindlessly mashing the pedal and letting the power do all the work for you. The chassis is so much more supportive and communicative in the Mazda3
Also the Focus has a dog shit interior

Ford is crap quality and has been since for decades now.

Mazda have really been killing it recently, I reckon you have made a good choice.

Besides buying a slightly older vehicle for far cheaper, you really can't go wrong with a Mazda3.

Driving Matters ™

bahah the 2,0 has more power than the competition's 2.0, is naturally aspirated and plenty to have fun on twisty roads

also enjoy your rear torsion beam and understeering into a tree

the mazda3 is overrated

it's not a bad car and the steering has a nice feel, but the suspension and chassis setup is way too soft for it to ever be good to drive with any sort of gust

the ST is an infinitely better driver's car

t. never driven a mazda3 2.0

it literally does NOTHING when you put your foot down. the 2.5 is good but the 2.0 is flat out pathetic, it has such little torque. it's fine for the average a to b normie but to pretend it's fun is ignorant and/or retarded

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt since when I drove the 2014 version I felt it was missing something but with the updated 2017 version I didn't, so we can probably agree there in terms of acceleration,

again I can't comment on previous to 2017 suspensiion other than the fact that everyone praised it, keep in mind that the ST is a tuned version of a regular car (the normal fiesta) one can also easily upgrade the springs on a # to make it an "st" version of that car (aka a speed) if you feel it's too soft and mazda won't make a speed version

The ST is also an infinitely worse daily driver

Get your boy racer head out of your ass

Get a fleet of Broncos

Looks like I'll be buying a Mazda 3 2.0 after reading this shill article on them!

topgear.com/car-news/future-tech/can-mazda-save-petrol-engine?amp

*whispers*:
>zoom zoom

It's an NA DOHC engine making decent power with practicality to match. There's no reason not to get one of that's what your looking for.

Make sure it's the manual hatch. And avoid the base models

just get it. it's one of the best in it's class. fun af to drive, and more than practical enough.

youtu.be/_XMMswbT36M

The sedan is ok with the 2.0 but the hatch is heavier. You cannot even get the hatch with the 2.0L in Canada because it's too slow for our hills, every single hatch here is 2.3L or 2.5L.

I had a rental 2014 Mazda3 sedan and while it's a nice car can confirm it feels like nothing is happening the whole time, the power band feels very linear. Compared to my 2010 Accord 2.4L which has a distinct vtec crossover and power gain at 3.6k rpm then again at 5k rpm all the way up to 7.2k, the mazda3 feels smooth but gutless, even if you are going somewhat faster than a Corolla

My girl bought a 2016 base model and it's pretty comfy. It has the infotainment and rear camera standard, as well as blind spot sensors. Bluetooth is also standard and you can opt for navigation with the SD card.

The interior is nice for a base model. To be honest, I don't know what higher trims offer (besides the 2.5l engine in the highest trim) but what the base model offers is pretty good in my opinion.

The 2016 base model does not come with all that stuff

>13k for an econo box
For that much you could get a used mazdaspeed 3 in relatively good condition

They also make far worse daily drivers and are more expensive to insure

She likely has one step above base model

Dealers don't carry many base models anymore besides special order

>not getting Yaris iA (mazda 2)

Just get the Mazda 2, the iA is just so fugly
But a used Mazda 3 is so much more car for the same money

the st is on an absolutely ancient platform, worse chassis than the 3

post your local craigslist.

>drives a perfectly reasonable honda
>aspires to a shitty new econobox with the small engine
buy something actually good faggot.

Did you miss the part where he said his Accord is finally dead?
Nothing wrong with economy cars either. You'll understand once you're done puberty

Nothing wrong with economy cars for 3k. There is a problem when you spend good/interesting-car money on one. Life is too short to drive boring cars.

Cars don't die, they're given up on by their owners.

If no one bought new economy cars, there wouldn't be any old ones
And you talk like you've never sat in a new economy car. The Mazda3 is not boring, but at the same time it's so much nicer econoboxes that came before it. The fact that it's half a generation older than its competition yet still scored near the top of its class means something

The Mazda 6 is a lot more car for a little more money.

The Mazda 3 is basically just a smaller Mazda 6, which is why people sing it praises

It feels tinny and not very high quality and with the 2.0 it's slow.

It's an economy car, not a luxobarge

this is why op should get a mazdaspeed 3

How can you stomach that awful dashboard? Ruined the whole car for me.

losangeles.craigslist.org/i/auto_parts?SAB=sfv

what's so bad about it?

mine features a tach instead of a huge speedometer btw

>ultra high compression engine previously owned by a university chick

>155hp and even less torkz out of a 2.0l
>high compression, let alone ultra high compression

>change your mind?

K

Pretty sure it's got the newer skycucktive engine which is 13:1... That's a little more than high for a street car.

inb4 a bunch of Mazda fangirls spouting marketing wank

i like mazda. only jap company worth a damn

>not having a clutch

I love Mazda for bringing HUDs to econoboxes

She bought from a rental agency (Hertz) and they only carry base models. I've been in the car and can attest for these features.

What features do you guys believe don't come in the base model? Have either of you even looked into it? Very doubtful, otherwise why would you guys have posted such shit replies.

how do u buy a car from hertz

They're great fuckin' cars. Only problem with the current one is that it's soon to be replaced by something much better.

is that next year? i want an updated exterior and better mileage.

The Skyactive X Mazda might be 2019, I don't know if they've for sure set a release date.
Better mileage, even more power 190hp/170ft/lbs, hard to not want that.

yeah but you shouldn't buy the first year of a new engine. so you'd be waiting 2-3 years.

i only lease cars

why? isnt that more expensive in the long run

and you lease mazdas? wtf

i change cars every 3 years. i pick affordable, but nice cars. $280 a month is perfectly fine, don't have to worry about anything and i always have something new and fun.

Get a kia rio instead

>auto

A lot of people only lease now. A lot of people are saying that actually buying a car is somehow a scam.
You lease for 1-3 years, always have the vehicle under warranty, and over that period you only pay a portion of the price of the vehicle.
Whether or not it costs more in the long run at times comes down to how well the given vehicle retains resale value, and what its warranty period is.

Also, I lease from a big dealer with lots of brands. I'll be doing a Mazda next year when my lease is up but currently driving a Buick.

Because they live with their parents

>Kia Rio
>Honda Civic
>Chevy Malibu
>Chevy Camaro
>Jeep Cherokee
Veeky Forums approved cars

>Nissan Frontier
Veeky Forums approved truck

The 2.3l doesn't exist, you can only get the 2.0l or the 2.5l, stop.

I had one for a rental this weekend. DESU really nice car for an econobox, I only managed to get 25mpg tho but I assume it's Bc I drive like a nig

Mazda has HUDs now? Neat. They don't really add much but they give a surprisingly high feeling of luxury.

Yeah they have them on everything except the Miata that I know of.
On their higher end vehicles they project directly on to the windshield instead of the little pop up plexiglass piece.
It'll show your speed, current speed limit by reading street signs, turn by turn directions. Its pretty neat.

Never knew Mazda included so many neat gimmicks. Always thought they were the go-to for a nice drive but not technology. Turns out I was wrong.

lrn2google.

good luck finding a good one for 13k

Nope, they're good cars. Enjoy your purchase!

It's really nice, I like it

Base model 2016s did not come with infotainment or blindspot mirrors, they came with this dinky radio

Everything nice except Android Auto, which they've been promising for like 4 years now
I think they're in some shitty deal with Toyota

losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/cto/d/2003-honda-civic-si/6503742596.html

losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/cto/d/2005-acura-tl-6-speed-manual/6491134217.html

losangeles.craigslist.org/sgv/cto/d/1988-saab-spg/6489974815.html

losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/cto/d/1989-bmw-325i-e30/6473339370.html

losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/cto/d/2002-bmw-330ci-5spd/6503039704.html

orangecounty.craigslist.org/cto/d/2003-bmw-530i-5-speed/6500420736.html

inlandempire.craigslist.org/cto/d/2003-bmw-530i-sedan/6474933906.html

losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/cto/d/1994-bmw-5-series-manuel/6503519521.html

orangecounty.craigslist.org/cto/d/1984-bmw-733i-immaculate/6498001525.html

losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/cto/d/1985-mercedes-benz-500sec-not/6486915642.html

losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/cto/d/1984-mercedes-benz-300td/6492055804.html

losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/cto/d/mint-1984-mercedes-300cd/6497035655.html

losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/cto/d/2004-mercedes-benz-e500-4/6467206756.html

losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/cto/d/volkswagen-passat-low-miles/6501383936.html

losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/cto/d/2005-volkswagen-gti-5-speed/6492252543.html

I have a 2018 mazda 3 GT 4-door, and I love it!

How are the shifters in these cars?

Compared to say a Honda?

You know he said 13k right? That means it's used but still has the factory warranty. Really hard to beat it you just want a commuter shitbox.

>just wanting a commuter shitbox
why would he be here?

Nice and slick. Hondas still have shit synchros

>why would you want a decently fun shitbox that also sips gas for commuting and other bullshit while keeping a nice weekend car that can be less practical and reliable

>ugly
>slow
if that doesn't change your mind then idk

Because rational adults can still enjoy cars
>durr you can't be an enthusiast unless you blow $13k on a 25 year old Nissan

a real enthusiast would want a cool daily.

Are you a teenager?

lol you can get a focus/fiesta st for the same price even a brz/frs around me

They also make shit dailies, need premium, and get poor gas mileage
Meanwhile you can fill a 3 with regular, and still get over 30mpg while flogging it

Just put black wheels on my 2013 hatchback. Great choice OP I hope you like yours!

Well you just pointed out what was wrong with it. They put the tach and the speedo in the wrong place but it looks like they fixed it thankfully for the model you have.

edmunds.com/mazda/3/2016/sedan/st-200743780/review/

Scroll down to read about the base model. 2016 was the first year the infotainment came standard.
And I stand corrected about the blind spot monitoring, it seems it comes with the base model only if you get the preferred equipment package, not standard.