Is it possible to make 6 figures as a car salesman? Especially if you move up to a luxury dealer like audi or something...

Is it possible to make 6 figures as a car salesman? Especially if you move up to a luxury dealer like audi or something? Or is 6 figures simply not attainable for this type of job?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/ejA0wKTRHH4
islandmotorsportcircuit.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

if you maintain a very high closing rate then it's certainly possible, but that's only if you're experienced in sales and have worked your dick off to have a master level of knowledge in sales and the product that you're selling

Super Lux salespeople make $100k+ easily. Commissions are thousands of dollars for even base model super lux cars. It's just one of the hardest jobs to land because the amount you move is much lower than normal cars, and you're fighting for connections.

If you're good at selling and genuinely enjoy the vehicles then you'll make it. If you walk into a dealer that deals these cars, offer to work for only commission, and ask them to try you out, you'll probably be given a chance. Just try it.

The cars sell themselves, just like houses, salesman just post ad and make the transaction.

Plus tip

are you saying car dealerships would sell the same amount of cars if they had no salespeople?

Yes. If you could walk into a dealership and paid for a car with a kiosk, it'd probably sell more. Salesmen are literally test drive babysitters, that's it. Most don't even have the power to negotiate anymore.

i can assure you that good salesmen is the difference between great and shit revenue for a car dealership. the best salesman in any sales based retail can sell three times as much as a new salesman that doesn't know what they're doing. if dealerships did away with salesmen and started using a kiosk-like system then their sales would be the same as if they had a staff full of salesmen that had no idea what they're doing.

maybe a honda or toyota dealership wouldn't take as much of a hit from no salespeople since their customers are just looking for something with a gas pedal and a steering wheel, but mid to high end dealerships rely on having salespeople that can teach their customers about the cars and what kind of benefits they can expect to receive from the car.

is he wearing manlet shoes? those heels don't look right

This is correct, people are stupid and dont know what they want. A good salesman will be able to pressure and offer incentives to the dumbshits that dont know what they want or have even researched what car they will end up buying. Remember these people treat cars like appliances, I want this brand to simulate wealth or this color or this feature to self park etc etc. They dont really care about anything else. So a salesman that can apply pressure and make them feel like the got a deal and great service will make the customer buy whatever shitbox they have had on the lot for longest and is losing money for them. What this postsays would only apply to the few people like us that know what we want and have our parameters set to what we can afford and would like equipped in said vehicle.

sounds like you'd have to be a real cold hearted bastard desu

No, just the shadow on his pants making them look like platforms.

>off by one

user, I see that is a picture from Porsche of Naples... did you just grab a random picture or are you looking at dealers in that area?

I'm in the Southwest FL market and can give some advice... I spent 7 years in the business, did everything on the sales side from being a salesperson to F&I to GSM to going out on the road doing mailer sale events.

I got my IT degree and got out but kept getting laid off for poo-in-the-loos and I'm going back in next month or so.

I've never seen a salesman that knew shit about the car in buying.

Yes. I work at a Dodge dealer and a few salesmen make six figures. They don't know shit about what they're selling, but they're slick talking and have no empathy. They have no problem ripping people off in the biggest of ways if it means they can continue to fund their drug and prostitute habits.

2017 was my first full year in sales. I did just under 100k, that's CAD mind you.

My manager would tell you that was me putting in probably 70% effort and I would agree

One of the easiest ways to make more money in sales is to STAY at one dealership. Find a good one that you don't hate the product or staff and stick it out. Once you stay for around 3 years you should get a decent stream of return customers which really help keep your numbers up every month.

Sales can be horrible sometimes and you feel like a worthless slime ball, but it can also be really fun. I find up here in Canada at least the people that work at dealerships are usually pretty cool. Import>Domestic though

Go into cybersecurity mate.

Luxury car dealerships pay the salesmen a monthly salary first and then commission for sales unlike cheaper brands where only sales matter.

While some sleazy Kia salesman is expected to just sell as much as they can, luxury brands like Porsche expect their staff is somewhat civilized and trains them often.

how do you become a car salesman?
I'm a natural born bullshitter NEET who loves cars

I found it funny that there are car salesmen that aren't car people, let alone know the simplest shit about cars.

Myself being an Veeky Forumstist, I know a pretty decent amount, It's great when I am talking to a client and they are a mechanic or petrol head and I blow their minds by actually knowing my shit.

I get success by having empathy and knowing my shit, people appreciate it. But my clients are also a bunch of hippies (Subaru)

youtu.be/ejA0wKTRHH4

Well I live in a fairly low population area in Canada, and one day online I saw that there was a racetrack being built by a dealer group
>islandmotorsportcircuit.com/

I thought "I need to fucking get on that track"
There was a job posting online at one of the stores, so I bullshitted up a nice resume, put on a nice outfit, walked in and asked to talk to the manager and 3 more interviews later I was hired.

That's what my degree is in. I got my OSCP but I can't do gov't contracts because I can't get a security clearance which really limits the available positions.

Plus you can make as much as a pentester or more at a good store and have some fun if you know what I mean....

Literally what this user said... just wear a suit, or at least a shirt and tie, have a decent resume and don't act like an autist. They pretty much decide if they're hiring you within the first 15 seconds since you need to have a flawless first impression with your customers. If you start off good you'll have a quick interview usually and be starting as soon as you want (unless it's a corporate dealership and they do a whole background check and whatnot).

When they ask why you want to sell cars the magic answer is always because you want to make a lot of money.

thanks brehs

Also, forgot to add -- I haven't had to get hired without connections in a few years, but when I would move to a new city I would do the following:

Get a list of 5-10 dealerships you want to work at and print up your resumes on nice, heavyweight cardstock. I would also include either prior sales results, 1099/W-2's and letters of recommendation from previous dealer principals or managers, but since you're new you won't have that.

Put the resume in one of those brown document holder envelopes or a fedex document package or something and find out who the GM is at the dealership. Put their name in sharpie on the front of the package and write PERSONAL in all caps. Wear a suit and drop it off with the receptionist at the dealership and just tell her he's expecting the package (if it's a female GM don't bother working there).

Any time I've done this I've gotten about an 80% response rate of callbacks for interviews. I learned it from the original manager who hired me into the business when I was moving to a new city.

this sounds like what boomers imagine getting a job is like

I sort of feel that way but then you realise that you are just selling Corollas to shit-tier normies and I don't feel as bad.

I know, but it did work for me... although the last time I did it was like 2010... keep in mind there are a lot of boomers as GMs... the car business is still pretty backwards when it comes to some things

It's still kind of like the wild wild west if you aren't at a corporate store.