6 billion moving parts to make dead dinosaurs spin a wheel

>6 billion moving parts to make dead dinosaurs spin a wheel

Why are ICEfags so delusional?

Other urls found in this thread:

dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-1229857/How-16-ships-create-pollution-cars-world.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

delusional about what?

user, your thread and bait is a mess. seek help

>muh solar energy powered EV will save the universe
why are EV fags the reason we have global warming

>1 moving part powered by displaced Africans to power the wheel
>still can't get a decent track time

>why are EV fags the reason we have global warming

renewables are a ponzi scheme. You still need tankers and processing plants to ship minerals and make the batteries, dimwit

Sure is better than using tankers and processing plants and then also burning hydrocarbons.

>0 moving parts needed to turn dinosaurs into power
>At least one moving part and 7 gorillion semiconductors needed to make EVs work
Electrofags BTFO

about?

>7 gorillion semiconductors
You can get away with 0

not really. One of those tankers burns as much fuels as nearly all cars combined.
Batteries are way less envirofriendly than gas.

>One of those tankers burns as much fuels as nearly all cars combined.
Why do some people keep repeating lies?

>a thread died for this

>literally needs a complete system to cool down the engine
>ANOTHER system to lube it
>ANOTHER system to manage it
>A WHOLE GEARBOX to make it usable
>tons of parts to let out gases
>tons of parts to deliver it fuel and air

ICE is the communism of engines.

EVs are shit and nobody buys them. Li soy batteries aren't good or realistic for mass market use. They will only work for city commuters at best and only with an ICE back up.

>Air cooling
>Splash lubrication or 2 stroke
>Carb
>Single speed with centrifugal clutch
>A bit tube
>A few tubes
You can make something simple if you want to but generally more complex means more better

dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-1229857/How-16-ships-create-pollution-cars-world.html

>Daily Mail
Also this heavily repeated so-called pollution shocker is a half-truth based solely around sulfur oxides. Heavy fuel oil has a far larger share of these than refined gasoline. It's a completely different story for nitrogen oxides and carbon oxides.

CO2 is good for plant life

CO2 sources also produce CO which is highly toxic, and both are greenhouse gases.

Ships are still the most efficient way of transport goods in masses and for long distance.

>Actually thinks dinosaurs existed and that's where oil comes from
This is how they sell you this bullshit, user. Dinosaurs and "fossil" fuels are a lie intended to promote the idea of an oil scarcity.

>Battery explodes
>burst into fire

>what is thermal efficiency
>what is clean power
I don't think most people who buy EVs/hybrids actually care all that much about saving the earth, they just want a lower gas bill and less maintenance. 100k miles in a 30 mpg gas car is 10-12k in gas alone right now. To drive a big ass model S the same distance is only $4k in electricity.

>dinosaurs never existed
>oil just forms spontaneously

Water vapor is also a greenhouse gas and has far greater heat retention properties than the much-maligned CO2. Why don't you and the liberals start legislating against people making soup and tea instead?

Animal life isn't going to do great when the earth warms 0.25C a year and melts antarctica though.

>crude oil is formed from deep earth pressure on hydrogen and carbon molecules
>hydrogen and carbon only ever existed in dinosaurs

hurr

>Milk
Lol dumb AMERICANS actually run their cars on skim milk holy fuck how DUMb of them

Because people aren't producing 400 grams of tea steam per kilometer, let alone per day, and water vapor falls out far more regularly. It's not like water vapor forms and then climate change occurs, it's that climate change occurs and it causes more water vapor to form. How many more ridiculous, half-true excuses for burning fossil fuel are you going to come up with?

Hydrogen and carbon existed in all organic life, the dinosaurs are merely a symbolism.

Umm actually it comes from G-d.

(You)

i know you're baiting but how long do you really think it takes for anything laid on the earths surface to reach the depth it takes to form oil/coal
bury a wood box for 50 years and it's still wood when you dig it up, and you hardly gain any extra depth in a normal environment
literally 100,000s to millions of years of landscape shifting is necessary to bury anything on the surface sufficiently to form oil/gas

can we deposit massive amounts of organic material at deep layers to achieve earlier? debatable but sure as shit monkeys/early humans didn't think of it

They also exist outside of organic life, tying the notion of oil being made from a finite population of lifeforms and as such a finite resource we are apparently always on the verge of depleting was an interest-charged move.

The question is less "when are we going to run out of oil" (not any time soon enough for it to matter) but rather when it's no longer going to be cost effective to extract it. Though that's a bit of a curiosity with oil wells that were once thought to be dry producing oil once again.

I'm not baiting so much as trying to get people to consider some shit- I know what you're getting at but go and look up studies of recent years where oil wells that were once thought to be tapped out producing oil again.

How has that fucker not died yet?

If Captain Jack McClure didn't die doing way more hardcore shit I think that Furze is gonna be alright.

They weren't thought to be tapped out, and they haven't magically produced new oil, they have simply become unprofitable with the recovery techniques of the time, which have changed since, making them profitable again.

Actually the question isn't "when are we going to run out of oil" at all, it's "how much longer do we want to fuck our atmosphere burning it".

It's mostly dead plants and micro organisms

The majority of our oil comes from coral reefs that died and were covered by salt and other evaporites during the formation of Pangea at the end of the Permian.

>t. Geologyfag

>trying to bank on "SAVING MOTHER EARTH" when all your efforts for a 100 years can be fucked to hell by one (1) atmospheric volcano eruption.

Thanks geology dude.

So you wanna run the planet into the ground because by slim chance in a million years it could potentially be ruined anyway?

HEY I'M GONNA DIE SOMEDAY, MIGHT AS WELL KILL MYSELF NOW

good geo-boy

also from deeper/partitioned sections of these wells which over time squeezed into this newly relatively vacant area already drained. there is surely a huge remainder of organic fuels available deep in the earth but it's not like you can milk it and it will keep producing more. the supply will exhaust eventually if it isn't replaced.

>banking on "more will be produced 1000s of feet underground with no active involvement of mankind before we consume more than we can find or replace with other means"

the planet is being run down by pajeets, africans and chinks, not us

No, I don't horseshit legislation curtailing the things I love to do in aid of a nebulous goal spurred by emotional manipulation and counting on people not actually looking into studies being conducted. Cars and the personal internal combustion engine have been made scapegoats so moral majority Californian types can feel good about themselves while protesting nuclear plants (after the shutdown of which come globally measurable spikes in CO2). I want the right things being taken to task.

>hurr everyone and everything is at fault except for me and my lifestyle

I'm not banking on it, I'm pointing out that things are not exactly as they seem and the fearmongering is uncalled for. What I'm banking on is smart usage and improvements in concert with things like semi-synthetically derived bio-butanol as more ideal mix compounds.

I'm not gonna pay carbon tax because turd worlders don't have labour laws

There's no such thing as clean power.
Windmills, dams and tidal generators displace and/or kill animals, flood large areas of land and leech corrosion resistive chemicals

nuclear

>spent reactor cores
where do you think those go? they just disappear?

shoot them into space

This
Can big oil go away now? If the world had gone full nuclear instead of doubling down on oil we would have so much less atmospheric pollution.
Oil is fine and all but I think big oil should have to fund atmospheric scrubbers or other carbon offset measures.

Very close but not quite, we're getting better about dealing with the waste by re-enrichment processes but still needs to be dealt with.

>dead dinosaurs
Get a load of this dumbshit millenial.

We feed them to the kaiju

Put them in an underground bunker like we have been doing

Currently not economically viable.

Yeah great, where shit will eventually leak.

I'm pretty sure that's just a saying at this point

Elongated muskrat will save us

>nuclear waste rocket explodes 20 seconds after launch

rail guns

That's been working out swimmingly so far.

>where shit will eventually leak.

You don't actually think this is what nuclear waste is like for real, do you?

Ok then fix the leaks. By the time it leaks, our civilization will probably be advanced enough to create a much better containment process.
There are no perfect solutions but imo it's worth trying things instead of just bitching out and using oil until the planet suffocates. Diversifying how we get power is never a bad thing

Concrete deteriorates and cracks, water permeates, containers rust, containers leak, water contaminates, water leaves structure.

Possibly, but it would be a monumental amount of energy launching what would effectively be a nuclear flask out of the atmosphere. Not to mention the thing turning into a dirty bomb if the mass driver fucks up even once.

I'm pro nuclear and I 100% agree. Why the fuck would you retards want to launch nuclear waste into space. One fuckup and you have Chernobyl 2.0.

where else? Chuck it down volcanoes?

I'll give you that but we've had provisions for such in place- Facilities like the Cheyenne Mountain complex being built into solid rock.

>successfully aersolized radioactive particulates

Nyet.

Lava doesn't magically make things non-radioactive. Have fun when that earth pimple explodes

>elongated muskrat

I hope some furry artist draws this. Then I want this to have a huge fanbase of Elon that call themselves musky huskies.

can nuke waste be recycled?

I'm hesitantly optimistic about spacing it, since the danger of fuckup is most critical basically on launch and the lower atmosphere- Upper atmo and low orbit would still not be good but would leave it stratified enough to be less impactful than a localized incident.

But before I would even so much as touch that prospect with a mile long pole I would have to be shown something like a launch vehicle with 1000 launches and not so much as a peep of a fuckup.

There's re-enrichment cycles used by very advanced reactors that extend the life cycle of fissile material, effectively doing the same thing as recycling waste.

Pls friend. Have you even seen the motor controls for electric motors?
Granted at least Tesla uses 90s RadioShack parts instead of some new overcomplicated bullshit.

None of those are moving parts

>everything is a halftruth except "science" that proves global warming

However your not going to tell me that igbts don't fail? Or that all electronics don't fail either? The point is that electrical cars are just as complex as ICE cars just in different ways.

Fun fact these things are also water cooled as most of components in the Tesla's drivetrain. The inverter itself runs at about 80c which is hotter than most Hitachi/Mitsubishi VVVF units on trains.

Lots of good jobs behind those 6 billion parts.

when moving parts break you replace them, I don't see people resoldering chips when a component gives up the ghost

>plan to shoot nuclear cores into space
>rocket explodes (or is rekt by terrorists)
>radioactivity showered all over everywhere
>???
>loss

shoot them over Africa only

you mean two moving parts

The 13b had way more moving parts, even if you donĀ“t include the transmission...

nice sense of humor fag lord

I am german, our humor is different from yours.

>Press pedal
>whirrrrrrrr

THIS REALLY TITILLATES MY MICROPENIS

Oh australia. The place so backwards they don't drive on the correct side of the road and their toilets dont flush right

>brainlet cant fathom rotary