CPO

Buying a certified pre owned car and looking to spend about $230-250 a month on it before insurance.

That puts me in the $14-15k range which should be fine for a cert pre owned.

>I plan to own this car 8-10 years like I did my last car
>Which brand has the better program with a car that is easy to maintain since I live in an apartment with no garage
>I only drive about 9k miles a year maybe less

Any ideas?

Also

>Kia vs Hyundai vs Nissan

I know they're the cheapest but what makes each one different from the other.

giving you a bump OP because im shopping around with about the same budget right now

Utility vehicle is good for what I need in life.

>Even the cheapest 2013+ car is better than my 28 year old honda.

I'd rather buy a Hyundai than a fucking Nissan these days. Nissan has turned their cars into absolute cuck mobiles

What's wrong with your current car?

Toyota, Mazda or Honda for reliability and low maintenance costs.

New Kia and Hyundai are OK, not my favorite personally. I wouldn't touch anything over 4 years old though. Nissan is poor quality, stay away. They're consistently ranked bottom of the list for reliability, just above Chrysler and Jeep.

I'd look for a 2015 or 2016 Mazda 6, personally. They're excellent cars and great value.

Nissan is horrendous shit. Hyundai and Kia are both part of the Hyundai-Kia Motor Group, so that's like asking the difference between Chrysler and Dodge.
I'd get the Korean stuff instead of Nissan any day.

Want to add, people here like the Mazda 3 but the 6 is only going to be ~3k more for a base model but it comes well equipped whereas a base model 3 is really bare-bones. It's a lot more car for only a little more money.

I'm actually looking at a 2016 Elantra "Value edition" which in my searching up was the higher tier of the elantra which makes no sense to me.

>14k miles
>All the good technology stuff
>Good gas mileage
>Not a CVT
>Roomy interior with good storage trunk space

$13,500 which i'm sure I could knock them down to $12.

Engine is getting ready to die, starting to knock and honestly i'm tired of being in it. I could afford a more expensive car but I also am saving up $$$ for a house.

I need to look at some mazda offers for sure. I loved the mazda 3 my buddy bought. Forgot all about the brand though!

Alright avoid nissan it is!

Post your local Craigslist. How much cash could afford to buy outright?

I'm not looking to buy craigslist. No 3k civic memes for me.

A 2016 Elantra is a nice car in terms of features and initial quality, we just don't know how well they'll hold up. 10 years ago you could drive one into the ground before it hit 100k miles. They're supposed to have come a long way especially in the last few years but they still don't have a great reputation.

With the warranty from cpo and the fact that I don't drive a super high mileage lifestyle as long as the thing held up for 8-10 years i'd just trade it in on it's last legs or sell cheap on CL.

But i'll do more research on it.

A civic for 3k is a much better car than a shitty kia or hyundai. 15k could get you a much better car.

Well, realize part of the problem with them is all the little niggling stuff: rattles, buzzing, squeaks, sagging body panels, cracking plastics inside, loose steering, windows falling off the rails. Shit like that. Warranty won't cover that sort of thing. Those are the issues Kia and Hyundai had years ago, in addition to unreliable drivetrains. It just adds up to an exhausting driving experience where you end up hating the car but you could still drive it another 100k miles.

>needing a warranty
so you're a poorfag with no money set aside for repairs? kys. fix your honda.

>certified!
By whom?
>the seller

get a 3k ford ranger