1985 Corvette what do

I did some work on this guys cars and trucks and he entrusted me with a project while he went on vacation to the Philippines.
He explicitly told me that he was going there to bang Filipino chicks.
So about a week after he dropped the car off, I got a text from a mutual friend. The dude up and died.
Luckily I hadn't bought any parts yet, but I know what the car will need. It's a 30 year old GM, everything's cheap as fuck.

The problem is I don't have a title, and his brother is executor of the will. The car is tagged in Virginia, it's in my driveway in Maryland, and his brother lives in New Jersey. I was thinking of buying this high mileage (177k), rough condition (top half of the car's clear coat got fired), running, driving 1985 Corvette. Beige on brown 2 tone.

If I pay 500 (or less), plus about 150 in parts, would it be worth the headache of paperwork to flip it and make some money on it?

F U C K
Y
E
S

part it for quick cash

ls swap
>The dude up and died.
>Luckily
kek

Veeky Forumstists surely have their priorities in line

No, like I had everything in a rockauto cart and and had my card out when I got the text.

Anyway I'm just trying to get rid of this thing before it warms up so I can make room and money for my other 30 year old GM project.
I'll do raunchy burnouts in the guys honor first of course.

Eh just hold onto it for a year and claim it as abandoned

based

only taking the piss mate im aussie its like a reflex

whats your projects? Heres my shitbomb that makes everyone mad

So you are going to buy this car from the guys brother?

That is a terrible idea. The owner's brother knows where the car is.

Also you do not know what this guys estate condition is. If he had any outstanding debts then the car would be used to pay off his creditors.

OP should outright buy the car from the brother if the guy owes any money on the car DO NOT make a payment on it the last thing you want to do is make a payment for some debt on somebody else's estate as the creditors can use this as proof of responsibility and try and get the money owed from OP.

Buy the car outright from his brother or leave it.

That's the plan, if there isn't too much paperwork hassle.
>out of state registered
>dead guy owns it
>may or may not be able to locate the title
Shouldn't be too hard, amirite?

He owned the car for like a decade, I can't see it having a lien against it. I don't think he had any outstanding debts other than a newish Mazda 3, but he might have bought that in cash because drug dealing was sort of a side business for him.

Why aren't you giving it back to his brother? What the fuck is wrong with you?

It's 3am here are you ok user?

Did he at least get to bang some of those Filipino """""chicks""""" before he croaked?

I'm just taking advantage of a situation that's fallen into my lap.
Is it worth it for him to trailer a car across a state that's not worth that much and deal with the paperwork?
If not, I win and make some money.
If he takes it, I get my driveway back, I win.

So what's the car need op?
People give you shit for the cowl hood?

I hope so.
Basic stuff. Spark plugs, wires, some distributor parts, an O2 sensor, and all 4 brake hoses. Maybe a muffler, but I might be able to weld the hanger back on where it broke off.
150 bucks on rockauto, I already priced it out.

>Income: less than $20000

Why even make a profile if women are never going to reply?

Bohemian heroin addicts need love too

What engines in that c4

L98 turd port injection with an autotragic. But hey, the LCD dash still works!

Ok so my main question really never got answered.
If I buy it, what's the easiest way for me to get a title into my hands?

>brother finds title
>brother forges dead brothers signature
>money exchanged for title
>take old title to MD MVA and get one in my name

Am I missing steps?

>send registered letter to previous owner (dead bro)
>do not accept letter, recieve it back marked undeliverable
>take undelivered letter in to dmv with title

death certificate works too, might need the original letter notarized

>Owner of car I'm going to work on dies
>First thought is should I keep the car
El oh el, good show.

I wonder if op is a Thai hooker and killed him

Give it back, Dao.

Yeah nah i cop shit because im falcunt and they just are even more autistic than me, you know that one poster posting that ancient okcupid crap from 2011 over and over and over

Yes

uh how he die tho?

With a smile on his face

Priapism

>making money off some guy dying

LOL OP

its a doggy dog world my dude. and he'd be paying the brother, its not like hes stealing it. its also more likely that OP Will fix it than the brother.

>doggy dog
"Dog eat dog" you nigger

the paperwork for transferring titles isn't what you should fear a headache about, it's getting the original title from the brother of your friend who owned it.

Filipino guys hate when white men come and steal their women, not surprise he got murdered lol

>implying anyone anywhere owes money to a bank over a broken down piece of shit 80's vette
>let alone someone who vacations in Thailand to fuck ladyboys

Um. Just because he owner died doesn't mean the car belongs to you. If the car is accounted for you can still be made liable for it.Especially since your not operating as a legal mechanic. Op thinks he is the only one who can give people the fuk. Not so fast.

newfriends like you are a diamond dozen

dime a dozen. 10/12

You're kind of a dick OP