/hbg/ - Homebrew & Hacking General

Previous thread /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 11.3 (11.5 via system transfer or magnethax)
Switch: 3.0.0
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.60
PS4: 4.05 (Userland)
PS3: 3.55

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
b9s + CFW: 3ds-guide.b4k.co/
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Wii: sites.google.com/site/completesg/hacking-guide
Vita: pastebin.com/D3rMbNQp

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
[Aug 21] rpwng, a new userland exploit for use with RPG Maker Player on 11.5 firmware was released. mrnbayoh.github.io/rpwng/
-A 11.5 entrypoint for Flipnote Studio 3D has also been hinted at. You can get it for free from the My Nintendo service.
[Aug 13] Magnethax released. Requires a DS flashcard. R4i Gold 3DS RTS and Acekard 2i require no additional hardware.

>Switch
Nintendo patched a major with the release of 3.0.1. Set the primary and secondary DNS as 205.166.76.187 to block this update.

>Wii U
[Aug 15] New browser hack method for Wii U on firmware 5.5.2 gbatemp.net/threads/480966
[Jul 24] Hint at a Crunchyroll entrypoint. twitter.com/WiiUbru/status/889303560655175684

>DSi
[Aug 2] ugopwn leaked. >Vita
[Aug 14] MLTActivator: activate your PS Vita offline wololo.net/2017/08/14/mltactivator-activate-ps-vita-offline/
[Jul 29] Vita online activation no longer works on 3.60, if you haven't activated it Adrenaline will NOT work. gist.github.com/yifanlu/c4cc12d3f1ccaebbf1846b84a69a4bfb
[Jul 29] HENkaku Enso got released. enso.henkaku.xyz/

>PS4
[Aug 3] 4.73 released, blocks MTX Key, ban reports on shared piracy accounts. wololo.net/2017/08/03/ps4-firmware-4-73-released-blocks-mtx-key-ban-reports-shared-piracy-accounts/

Other urls found in this thread:

3ds-guide.b4k.co/
3ds-guide.b4k.co/move-emunand
3ds.guide/a9lh-to-b9s
twitter.com/AnonBabble

gay

reminder

What did you want to remind me of, dear Anonsa?

I get 3ds-guide.b4k.co/ is what I have to follow but I've got some questions.

I already have an emunand, where do I being with?

I installed the "flashcarttimewarp" cia, whitelisting all nds flashcarts, can I use a Supercard DSTwo to flash ntrboot or even then is it only usable with Acekard and that one R4?

Reminder that DS ROM loading from SD was not worth waiting for.

Don't you think, it'd be noted if it were possible to have another card work instead of only those two?

Guess I got cucked by the "superiority" of the Supercard.

I wonder how many people actually remember that this place started as gateway general.

Seems a waste to not use both if I can.

>cucked

>Out of bandwidth
Fug.

Is there a need to go from a9lh to b9s if a9lh works fine and can do online?

No.
Beware of trannies though, they will try to convince you to """up"""grade at all costs

None at all right now if everything werks for you.
If 11.6 changes the offsets and you really want to update then you'd be screwed as you'd need the new Luma and thus b9s as well.

>MUST have boot9strap or arm9loaderhax to use this

I'll better start from the beginning.

11.5 works without updating Luma?

Nintendo has never fucked with the scene hard really so I wouldn't worry about them blocking something for a9lh to bs9.

Because 11.5 didn't change any offsets or FIRMS.

You could've avoided having to ask this dumb question by simply reading the page you linked

9.3 - 9.9 were pretty dark times.

There's no reason to if it already works for you. Likewise, there's no reason not to because the most important arm9 payloads (or rather, the ones that are still somewhat in development) have been ported as FIRM payloads.

The FIRM format _IS_ superior to arm9 binaries. You can try to deny it but you're being delusional in this case. Though, it only matters much if you're developing software in the first place as the end-user won't notice any difference at all.

They were if you were a fucking moron and updated past 9.2 like a massive faggot. Those days were fun.

Whatever happened to flow big release that he teases back then? Is it cancelled?

it's not even september

Coming next month. Don't go in with high hopes though.
At least activationless Adrenaline isn't the surprise.

I just want 3.61+ games tho. Is that a big hope?

Yes.

That's a retarded hope.

What 3DS game can I play to help with depression? Someone I care about is shoving me away. Preferably something cute.

Depends on what you like.
I can always recommend Umihara Kawase and Picross. Where the latter isn't really cute (unless you think of puzzles as cute) but pretty addicting.
Also Kirby.

>tfw cleared everything in each picross e except mega picross

im trying to use pksm to transfer pokemon from ds games to sun moon but i cant find a proper way. i read that you need to use poketransporter, which i downloaded, but you need a nnid and i cant make an nnid / link one because it wants me to do a system update,

so essentially, i need to make a nnid on a custom firmware, wat do?

Pokemon and Zelda too?

Sorry, my fw is on 11.3 not 11.4, same applies?

I'm new to the PS3 cfw.
Is it possible to play ps2 backups on a slim? And if yes, is it worth?

yes. no.

Yes.

Is there a GB/GBC emulator for the PSP that doesn't have sound issues?
I've already tested RIN, GeMP, MasterBoy and even RetroArch.

depression isnt real, if you ever feel worthless AND you aren't a veteran soldier who saw his entire unit die without him being to do anything to prevent it then kill yourself without hesitation you stupid fucking drama whore no one will miss you

kirby planet robobot, for sure

Shit man I came here to ask the same shit last week, been going through rough shit as well and getting some games to cope with it. I haven't got to play many of the games yet tho.

Kirby games are the best, they warm my heart and were a really good time, shame I was already throughout the end of Robobot when I got down, but I still play MK mode when I'm bored. Ikachan is also pretty cute and fun, although short as fuck. I also downloaded Cave Story, Gurumin 3D, Shantae and The Legend of Dark Witch 1/2, but haven't had the time to do much in them yet.

Here's the newest recommendation chart , you can just try freeShopping anything that looks cute and try it out I guess (I mostly focused on platformers).

this should be obvious but don't listen to this moron.
you might not have depression but it's 100% real and anyone can have it

>depression isnt rea
your copious amount of edge says otherwise

no, but i ought to finish mega picross before i download those, even if it's long and boring and it sucks.

go for a run. 15 mins. jog for most of it and at the end, run sprint as fast as you can for a bit, then go back to jogging

so i have luma (latest release )on sys nand, then i have luma on emunand. is this right?

i did all the homebrew/cfw stuff on one sd card and got a new one, should i just copy and paste all of the contents of the original onto the new sd card? should i do it before putting the new one into the 3ds?

Why the fuck do you have 2 nands on Luma?

i dont know what should i do now?

>BootNTR-Mode3 is a special build of BootNTR for running NTR with extended memory games on Old3DS

What's this exactly? Will that allow to reduce slowdowns in Snake Eater or Code of Princess, for example?
Make MH or Smash not force a reboot and allow NTR cheats/screenshots?

>Will that allow to reduce slowdowns in Snake Eater or Code of Princess, for example?
No
>Make MH or Smash not force a reboot and allow NTR cheats/screenshots?
Yes

What if a dog watches its buddy for life die and loses the will to live.
Would that dog just get over it and move on? Like "lol walk it off bitch" would just werk?

What a letdown if it's only for that.
I mean, it's fucking awesome that such a thing could be done to begin with but meh.

The ntrboothax folks say they are working on supporting the R4 SDHC Dual Core, which is a very cheap and very shitty cart with a time bomb in it.
First of all, are they serious about this and should I expect it to be actually supported in the near future? Secondly, why this card of all cards? They have a million nearly identical cheap SDHC clones.

Wondering if I should stock up on these while they are 10 bucks, seeing what happened with the Acekard 2i.

So is PSN spoofing on Vita still fucked?

It's useful for a translation patch for games like MH. It used to be the only way but now Luma can run those scripts natively so you don't even need NTR for that purpose anymore. However, NTR will always be better for taking screenshots.

It's a matter of knowing the card commands. If the card commands are documented, they can do it.

>However, NTR will always be better for taking screenshots.
Not better, faster.
Rosalina saves the picture as raw bitmaps while NTR saves them as jpgs.
Bitmaps can be converted to png with no data loss. While jpgs are lossy.

I'm new to Vita so a simple question: Does a Vita's exploit stay installed permanently or does it need to be initiated everytime you start up or something? Trying to gauge how cumbersome it is so I know if it's worth trying to hack it.

Well just bought a psp go for emulating old stuff, now to look for a component cord for it.

How's the input lag with a DS3 connected to it?

If you use Enso then it's permanent.

You can install it permanently with Ensō (in the OP).
But you can also just run it every time you turn it on from a powered off state.

NTR saves them at bitmaps and always has.

nope, all good

So I can still download my purchases and shit?

>always has
Actually, yeah. You're right. I could've sworn that it used to do jpgs, though.
Nevermind then.

as long as you have connected to get the latest taihen then you should be able to

3ds.guide/a9lh-to-b9s

i followed this guide, and installed luma on sysnand. i already have and old luma on emunand. what should i do now? update luma to the latest release on emuand, and then remove luman/cfw from sysnand?

Not sure why. but for a while now, I can't go online in any games while running NTR. I'm trying to go online to use PKMN-NTR, but I can't connect to the internet to use it. B9S Luma 8.1.1

anyone?

The idea is to have your sysnand as a full-blown open cfw and no need for emunand.

Yes. Will also deactivate your system aka no more Adrenaline and something about purched games.

oh okay, but then how do i get rid of emunand now?

So ps2 emulation sucks on ps3? What about those ps2 games on psn? Are they playable in a decent way via emulation? Or downloadable/installable through some specific mode?

also, how do i set up a nnid on sysnand when it says i need to do a system update?

they're playable but you'll almost certainly have a better time with pcsx2

You'll need someone better than me for that, sorry.

>The ntrboothax folks say they are working on supporting the R4 SDHC Dual Core, which is a very cheap and very shitty cart with a time bomb in it.
Explain, i have one from 2013 and it still works, good for them for supporting this card though, even though i've had cfw since 11.2

There's literally a whole section called merging sysnand/emunand, as for the update you don't need a nnid for that, i don't have one yet i can still update my 3ds.

If you used the emuNAND as your "actual" NAND (as in, installed games and such on it) then follow it completely. Otherwise, there's the section of formatting the SD which is what you'll need to do.

For NNID, you have to be on the latest version. So, if you aren't you'll have to update (Luma3DS can't patch this).

PS2 classics from PSN should run fine. Other games vary when it comes to compatibility on slim. The Cobra PS2 emu on cfw PS3 works well for SSX Tricky but crashes on Tales of Legendia. You just have to experiment and see what games work and which don't.

I'm on b9s and I've recently found my gateway, how do I access it now?

>inb4>gateway

ah thanks anyway
okay thanks, ive been using the sysand for everything, so i will have to format.

also, for the nnid part, i just want to use poketransporter for pksm, but it says i have to update now to use online services. i can go online with other games.

i'll do one better
>2017
>still using gateway
sell that piece of shit on eBay. all your games can be installed as .cia's using your micro SD card to store them. Gateway has been useless since 2014

Well yeah but I'd like to check it first anyway, I'm curious.

I'm mainly interested in some games already on PSN such as Shin Megami Tensei titles. I should just download them as ISO?

So I did a mobo swap on an o3ds XL last night and I think the ribbon cable for the cameras is loose, since the cameras don't work.
Does anyone know what cable is the camera cable so I can double check to see if it's in properly?

i have a n3ds xl with 11.4 but i don't hav another 3ds with hack or rpg maker...
what do?

>mfw successful PS3 downgrade

have*

>Magnethax released. Requires a DS flashcard. R4i Gold 3DS RTS and Acekard 2i require no additional hardware.
read next time

So I found my old Wii and I wanna play GC Backups with Nintendont. Only problem is I'm getting the error "Failed to load IOS58 from NAND" I figured that it's an old out of date wii so I downloaded IOS58 V6176 from the NUS. Installed it, uninstalled HBC and reinstalled HBC. Still same issue. Feelsbadman. What can I do to play my leagal gamecube ISOs?

Never mind, fixed it.

try the isos and if they don't work then get the psn classic versions, use your favorite warez site.

download the latest hackmii installer and run it again

Just open 2 Pkhex with each save file and drag and drop the pokemon from gen IV to VII

any of you mexifags lurking? i have sd2vita adapters for sale and they're somewhat cheap

What website is in your cart/firmware? If it's r4isdhc.com, then it has a software timebomb in the firmware, which won't work after 2-3 years, I've seen this confirmed everywhere and even by people setting their system clock to the future and getting the firmware to display "firmware expired".
Or are you using YSmenu? You CAN use that to bypass the timebomb forever, but it's a very old version of YSmenu that was cracked so it won't run DSi enhanced games like gen 5 Pokemon.

Either way this is all irrelevant for ntrboothax, because it loads on its own and doesn't need the official kernel to do it.

What happened with all those bans in the end? Some particular cases I know were just good to go by changing that somethingseed2 thing but I clearly remember people saying that the bans were more complicated than that, that they had info on the specific 3ds units, etc...