Mercury General

Welcome to Mercury General, wherein we discuss the greatest of all premium luxury brands, Mercury!

Mercs, as the cars are affectionately known, have a well deserved reputation for being seriously cool street cruisers with understated style and luxury.

Plz limit discussion to Mercury, Merkur, Capri or platform stablemates.

Other urls found in this thread:

m.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?listingId=470588780
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Why buy a marauder when a Post-02 Northstar is simply better and offered in more vehicles?

Beautiful green Mercury Mariner Hybrid....what a car!

Dont Marauders have a crazy mark up anyway?

First of all the Northstar is junk compared to either LS if Modular. Hideous overcomplicated junk that ruined many a fine platform for GM.
Second, why have a Marauder when you can have a grand Marquis? Slower, safer, and with bench seat for your girl.

Yeah, you can build a similar car for less than half the price, but they are a genuine classic

Behold the incredible Mercury Lynx XR3, with a one of a kind asymmetrical grill!!!

Last generation cougars were complete dog shit

terrible fucking cars

I drove a 1997 Mercury Mystique for a while.

This is true! But the generations before were amazing. Check out this clean 1989 rwd superchargedv6 manual car. Simply incredible.

m.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?listingId=470588780

Simply, a magnificent automobile. What a time it must have been.

>tfw light bar grilles never again

>Rip alternate future past

What about the tracer LT5?

>you will never cruise the PCH in a Mercury Messenger with your 6' redhead baltid tennis star girlfriend

Why live?

>this is the only mercury product I've ever been in extended contact with
>it's just a mazda glc
I'm honestly not sure why this thing was called a mercury.

Quite possibly the finest American sports sedan ever made

That's what we call freedom son. Once you stick a Mercury badge on a Mazda it becomes American, therefore free. What you glimpsed there was the shining brilliance of Liberty's flame.

My nigga

Bump

Looks cool. Is it any good? No bias. Reliable, chill to drive?

I miss my Grand Marquis. I should have never sold it.

Sadly that engine is known for blowing head gaskets. Luckily, they're not that difficult to replace.

Buy another one while they're still cheap and before they go the way of the B-body, dude.

I can get behind this.

Wouldn't be the same. I want the one I specifically owned.

In more ways then one.

>that feel when 52 inches of front seat space and no gf to fill it

Not gonna happen. Get another one and don't sell it. Save it from its other possible fate of either getting sent to a scrapyard for peanuts or getting thrashed into the ground by someone named Hernandez.

Man I love that forward-fender thing FoMoCo was doing with the turn signals on the box bodies.

Yep, the lower fender corning lights sure were nice in the box CV/GM/TC's. Have loved them in every box I've owned.
The turn signal mounted ones just are not the same in the Marauder or my 92 Vic.
To keep it merc related, have my old '84 Topaz. 405k miles, yes that's right. Smoked like a damn chimney but ran great. Got a few enduro's and 3rd place in a bone stock demo out of the old girl.

07 grammakey reporting

Super comfy, bit of an old man car though. drove nice but somewhat plain

Hit a good sized rock going 120kmh at night on the highway and caught air, it looked like a paperbag in the headlights. Lots of damage to the underside and suspension; similar models were selling for $1000 and less so I dropped it

Damn impressive mileage there sonny boy

‘97 Mountaineer V8 AWD checking in, 330k miles

Had an 87 Colony Park for a while. Had 33k miles when I sold it. Needed a ton of work cuz it sat for years and years. Too many problems that I didn't want to deal with and wasn't exactly fun to drive. Was an interesting experience nonetheless