/vn/ - EOP Edition

Visual Novel General #1596

READ THE FOLLOWING, THIS IS IMPORTANT
>Having trouble with your VN? Try the following before you ask for tech support:
1. Be in Japanese locale
2. Read the Readme
3. Read the wiki below
4. Google it

>FAQs, Recommendations, and Other Useful Things:
visual-novels-general.wikia.com/wiki/

>Need a novel with a specific element?
vndb.org/g

>Download Links:
pastebin.com/CrzJ4Xrd/ (embed)

Previous thread:
(Cross-thread)

This general is for the discussion of English-translated Japanese visual novels.
All posting of untranslated visual novels belongs on E-celeb shitposting is not allowed.
Kindly use spoiler tags appropriately when discussing plot spoilers to facilitate smooth discussion.

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/jingu_stadiumpr/status/900600339610484736
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Love it.

> (embed)
> (Cross-thread)

EOPs need to die

reminder that Subahibi was revealead to be a Lucky Star ripoff last thread

just watch Lucky Star instead

So...why HAVEN'T you started learning Japanese?

The spoiler is for something that's revealed halfway through and not the entire point of the game.

But it's still courteous to use spoiler tags to help enjoyment of the mystery. It's not hard to do.

I'd rather take that time and better my carreer instead.

JOPs don't even have any kamige left after Subahibi.

whoops, wont fuck that up next time

Below what threshold does ones IQ have to be to actually enjoy consuming moege and the likes?
Ive read FSN and Dies Irae both of which beautifuly wove fantasy elements into subtle allegory and philosophy in such a way that held my attention from start to finish.
Yet whenever I try and read stuff like Neko Para and Clannad Im unable to percieve the character are anything more than pixels dancing around on my monitor, devoid of actual personality and simply their to pander to neckbeards.
Sometime I wish I were more like you simpletons, its not easy only being able to appreciate high quality works-- its a curse.

Go back to your discord

It's too difficult.

>subahibi
>kamige
Lol

Because I hate japs

that was a whatsapp alternative

What do you consider a kamige then user?

Dies irae

All the so-called kamige probably will be translated though. In fact, there's a more likely chance of it happening withing the next 5-7 years I'd bet than any other time

Bitch I'm a wageslave. I barely have time to read VNs normally

I-I'm sure /vn/ at least studied and memorized Hiragana and Katakana r-right?

They still have Muramasa, because by the time JAST translate it, we're all gonna be dead.

OP, I don't believe that they won't be and I'm not a crossboarding piece of shit JOP like a certain retard that has been around lately. I am learning nip to read things that probably won't be translated. I only chose that OP image cause I think it is pretty funny and it is obviously /vn/ related compared to planes

If you truly loved visual novels you would learn Japanese.

I wonder if i'll ever be able to read anything unspoilered

i even have Muramasa locked down for when it gets translated 10 years from now

I have a job.

>Katakana
Literally through 500 cards in Anki and I still didn't learn them

no point when i can just use romaji

Within 10 years, I'd bet google translate will be good enough to detect enough nuance that machine translation will actually be viable

I need to take a class and I don't have time for that. I tried on my own and got absolutely fucked

I'm a wagecuck working graveyard shift. I hardly have the will to read VNs. Much less learn nip and programming despite telling myself I need to.

>because by the time JAST translate it, we're all gonna be dead.
By the time JAST actually licenses it we'll have a machine translator that competently translates JP-ENG and the licensing companies will be driven out of business.

Lol n00b

>tfw your own personal kamige will never get translated

It hurts

I really wish someone would pick this quof up

I'm pretty sure the licensing companies would be the same. If anything they'd double down. CR's existence led to HorribleSubs which ended up killing fansubbing for a bit and the rise of sub ripping from official sources but that didn't stop Japan from finding new ways to get things over here.

Google Translate becoming able to do 1/1 translation would just give Japan more incentive to do more joint releases or something

Nah, Oretsuba or Albatross will never be translated. And the only VN that can be considered as Kamige (Balrd Sky) will be released without adult content.

hahaha imagine being this much of a loser hahaha just learn japanese you faggot

>Oretsuba or Albatross will never be translated.
That's literally what people said about Dies Irae

>And the only VN that can be considered as Kamige (Balrd Sky) will be released without adult content.
I know we like to paint SP as the bad guy all the time but the one thing they seem to have improved on sort of is putting out 18+ versions.

These days anyway

twitter.com/jingu_stadiumpr/status/900600339610484736

Any VNs about beer salesgirls?

SP PR doing its work even here huh?

>That's literally what people said about Dies Irae
Don't mix that shitty chunige with super power with a real Kamige, please.

Are they right about Ever17?

But it is something people said about DI
I shill for none, all I do is state things.

>They have improved:
Chorno Cross; shitty tl/ed, half edited and settings in japanese.
Wagamama; 45$ for a VN with unedited pics and mosaics.

That's a completely different issue though. I said they put out the 18+ version. I never said they did it "on time".

I never said they improved as a company. I said they improved on this one thing that they should have been doing from the start anyway. Does nobody read these things?

Why does it matter?

>I said they put out the 18+ version
How kind of them to give us the game as is, instead of some chop fest like Maitetsu.

>KGNE reference inserted into the translation just for the kicks

^_^

>VN; unappealing game play, no replay value, price x3 of what's worth and it's a slide show.
What he mean with this?

ABSOLUTE KINO

Wow they even stole Gilgamesh too

Please, this isn't the chuni general.

REPORT HIDE AND IGNORE JOP POSTS/SPOILERS

They are failures at life and this is the only way they can feel better than anyone.

Do NOT come to this thread until you've read subahibi. That is all. Later nerds

The spoilers don't ruin much actually as opposed to stupid VNs like 999 or Ever17 where it would. It still sucks for those who haven't read it but it barely impacts the experience since there is so much foreshadowing anyway. Even the fact Subahibi is marketed as a mystery VN tips people off too much, that's how easy it is to figure things out. The mystery is not important though, the themes and understanding the motivations behind everything is what makes it so good.

Subahibi is trash, bro. Stop shilling it.

>kiminozo never fucking ever
>degica will take eighty billion years before they translate it

>They are failures at life and this is the only way they can feel better than anyone.
this but unironically, get a job already and you might gain some self-worth

people should be reading unspoilerable kamige like Dies Irae instead of the Lucky Star spinoff

Who would have guessed that Kornheiser spammer would be the faggot telling others they are failures at life

The feeling of being spoiled is nothing compared to the despair a spoiling JOP feels on a daily basis

Narita is such a colorfully written and expressive character the very idea of attempting to translate Hello Lady fills me with terror, as his narration and dialogue dominates the VN from beginning to end. Like, I'm not saying Hello Lady is untranslatable or anything, but it would take an enormous of skill - that I likely don't have - and even then every line would pose quite a challenge. Well, I could also be lazy and just do so-so translations of each line, but butchering Narita's color like that would be a miserable experience for sure.

It takes so long, senpai. The only reason I'm still studying it is because I already invested too much time not to continue.

>that moment when shade and darkness insert comes in
i was so fucking hard

>doesn't have time to learn Japanese
>has time to shitpost on Veeky Forums

>come back from work
>Whole general went full retard yet again

Noeri deserves to be happy!

>tfw no cake route

>doesn't have time to get a GF
>has time to learn japanese

>cake
She specifically states plenty of times that she has a husband who is fat

>posts a married woman

So did we finally confirm that cakefags don't actually know what cakes are?

I'm not a cakefag/oneesanfag but man when I first saw her I wanted to devote the rest of my life to making sure she only smiles and that she never has to look back on the good times.

Shes the kind of girl who can feel a lifetime of happiness from just cuddling a few minutes, yet can never get enough of it.

Best girl.

I'm sure that you meant to post Airi sensei, user.

Reminder that other girls heard you fucking her in the bathroom

What the fuck I remember this being an upskirt.

Do you prefer to have the BGM volume fade whenever characters speak or not?

you remember wrong

If I don't have that option, I'll just lower the BGM.

>Regardles of Sumika Twizzlers
>KS; It will be done, absolutely! It is part of the campaign promises after all. Just not right away.

so?

This is the best DS girl. Take a good look.

I wonder how many sumikafags fapped to that rape scene

Yh, I hate NTR

Don't make me go look for the original CGs in the panda, I'm sure of it.

HNNNNNG

I only fapped to chomp

I have a lot on my plate at the moment, but I'm wondering if DS has a character that's as annoying as Nemu?

I do all my posting at work.

It was, wow.

On the flip side, at least they actually drew more background for that CG to accommodate the aspect ratio instead of doing a shitty crop.

>Clockup arguably make the best Nukige in the business
>None of it is NTR garbage
Really makes you think.

>So I pray, Unlimite Cuck Works.
Don't worry, in the sequel the cuck will be cucked by another cuck.

How does it feel to be wrong?

What an unsatisfying upskirt.

>all these great girls were wasted on shitty circus routes
feels bad mang

himari's was good i guess

The cutest!