Ultimate MadMax Vehicle

Looking to transform a relatively cheap, preferably AWD coupe/sedan into an off-road/mad max vehicle (pic related)...
Any vehicle candidates? Suggestions or ideas?

youtube.com/watch?v=NrMToySop8Y

youtu.be/W8IlNKBNcVU

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/0iE35Xqzj7A
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

just get an actual 4x4 and ut on some portal axles and armor

4x4 jacked up bronco takes care of that... but I love the idea of a jacked up sedan or coupe with the exoskeleton and big wheels

J80 Land Cruiser. One of the few terrain capable vehicles even sand people can keep in running shape within an active warzone.

>preferably AWD coupe/sedan
Sorry missed this part because I'm retarded. This doesn't exist outside of hollywood, abandon the idea if you're making a real SHTFmobile and not just a LARP vehicle.

like the idea of the small suv's, maybe even hatchbacks... but yeah definitely a shtf-mobile kind of idea
((don't hate me for the juke in the pic lolz but cmon who would've thought it))

I'm doing this to my Duster.
youtu.be/0iE35Xqzj7A
Think I've got what it takes to be the next Jesse James / Hoovie DeMuro?

that's awesome and absolutely yes

considering the daewoo bc I'm watching pineapple express

the thing about mad max user
is taking a whole bunch of junk and making it work
recycling

those cats out in the wasteland, dont get to cherry pick their ride and throw money at it
they make due with what they got
that's survival
that's a e s t h e t i c

u can use any fucking thing but generally the older, the simpler, the better.
THAT being said, how far does ur knowledge extend into maintaining or modding even something simple like that? im guessing not much.

pick up something dirt cheap and start frum there. coupes are stylish but theres nothing shameful in driving a 4 door.

dats why i drive a clapped out v8 pony car, that wont start now after like 10 days of rain bc it's
fuggen wet

nice

re: a real road warriorâ„¢

yeah, whatever. come back when you've actually done something with it

Nissan juke. For the lulz. Cut out the wheel wells, put knobby tires on it, and lower the roof if you can.

might be easier to just drop an old 7's-80's land barge onto a 4x4 truck frame. those old card had full frames like a truck, so there should already be room, and the wheelbases cant be too far off, depending on the car/donor truck. would still take some messaging and a welder, but would probably be the easiest rout.

working at a car lot I have a few things to work with to get started... light bars, backracks, plenty of diff tires, etc. I would love to throw a 6in lift and some big tires on an old $500 trans am but I would actually like to take this thing up north to go trail riding (or just abusing) hence the need for a slightly newish/somewhat reliable AWD vehicle that can handle some abuse

I was thinking a convertible vw beetle but swapping in an AWD motor from an audi tt lolz then lifting it and of course adding obnoxiously big tires...

Shit, someone suggest a better option bc this el camino idea is really starting to grow on me.. The possibilities seem endless

about the same as using any other RWD V8 from the era. still need to add a T-case and do a complete overhaul of the front end to convert to 4x4.

They just stuck the body of the car on top of the frame of a truck to make that happen. Not so much adding a transfer case as adding a new chassis.

a wrx

Toyota Hilux. No better choice.

so like i suggested here

Initially I thought I'd avoid subies bc it was such an obvious candidate but now you have me thinking.. what about a jacked up baja??

Ok ok starting to narrow this down although the adhd has this convo going all over the place... Forget the camino, forget the baja.... What about the BRAT??

good

I'm not letting this thread die like last time.
Now we must summon the user who drives pic related.

A company used to build these for years in Ausland, from memory they used Danas for the diffs but not sure what they used for the transfer case.

Exactly what I'd need

Yeah, if I could get my hands on a cheap Juke, I'd lift it, put some fender flares on it, and find a way to delete those godawful eyebrow lights. The roundies actually look pretty cool.

RAV 4 is a great option, take the back seats out It's a spacious AWD 2-seater, there are many different lift kits and other aftermarket parts and the engine can also be heavily modified, turbo/supercharging and swaps are not unheard of, also comes in a manual.

>that Mach 1
Holy shit this is just as fucking retarded you'd expect from a manchild who writes zombie novels. I still don't get why those fucking retards can't resist gluing useless shit to their cars.

>
was me

user already clarified they'd preferably lean towards something more conventional than traditional

which is still pretty gud. and probably a better idea. old shite cars 2 fuck around with are pricey. even if i had that kind of access, id still opt out w/ something rly old school

Duster user here, if you're serious, go buy a used W163 benz. The alamaba trashcan has a 99% bulletproof 4matic drivetrain and you can work on everything on them. No weird air suspension shit either. Sooner or later someone big will do a video on how cheap + easy these benzes are and they'll all shoot up in cost.

>inb4 that one mechanics videos where he talks about ghetto tards who bought used sedans with German air suspensions and can't afford to fix them

I worked in the film industry and nearly all of the chase vehicles were ML500s and an occasional Cayenne, with big anti aircraft looking camera booms mounted onto the roofs.

Cont'd

Failing that just get a goddamn Isuzu trooper or rodeo sport / amigo or a VEHICROSS

Right now I'm restoring a third gen firebird, I really enjoy the car, but I want something I can horse around with more and be rough on to some extent. Don't have to worry so much about it. So I'm seeing the firebird as a learning tool. It's my first restoration.

>awd motor
Veeky Forums everyone.

>EJ251 powering anything supposed to survive in a post-apocalyptic setting
No thank you.

PRAISE BE TO V8

SHE WHO CHANNELS THE SACRAMENTAL GUZZLENE AND WITH FURY COMBUSTS AND PROPELS HERSELF AND THE FAITHFUL TO VALHALLA

WE OF THE CULT OF V8 IMPLORE THEE TO NOT FORGET THE CHROMEN MOTHER OF LOCOMOTION

>AWD motor
Is this bait?

Fun project if you enjoy cutting and welding floor pans

bump