There's a road nearby my house that local teenagers used to race on every saturday night...

There's a road nearby my house that local teenagers used to race on every saturday night. At the time it annoyed me but now that it's stopped it kind of makes me sad. Why aren't teenagers driving anymore? What the fuck happened? I remember doing stupid shit and getting in trouble when I was young, but I never see that happen anymore.

Because if you are a teenager and the police catch you doing anything illegal in a car your license is suspended for at least a year.

kek. Not in north America, Bruce. I've been pulled over at twice the speed limit and after drifting in a gravely parking lot. Don't act like a nigger and they'll usually let you go with a warning.

Most kids just modify their shit and never race it, It's more about looks. Most teens are fine with taking the bus these days and a lot have no desire to really own a car. Or they spend so much time and money on their liberal arts gender discovery degree that they can't afford a car.

kids can't get away with shit anymore everyone is too worried about safety

This. Parents now track their kids with their smartphones now, too.

police sat where they met up for about 4 years to cycle out the spot from student knowledge. until kids rediscover it, it's dead.

Cops are fucking cunts and insurance is fucking expensive. Now kids just do drugs instead.

As a kid who just recently stopped going, it seemed like all the spots around my house got really intense and then i didnt want to go. A couple fuck heads being retarded made no one want to go and eventually they had no one to show off to so they stopped going. Maybe ill wait a while longer and start trying to set up race nights again. Dont want to find new spots because i have zero free time for random cruising, and also my job is dependant on my license so fucking around could lose me my job, house, car, etc so it doesnt seem worth it sometimes

Because their parents went thru that phase and now they tell their children that the road is a deathtrap and that they are much safer off taking public transport or Uber

I never went racing but my buddies would "joust". Would use a long rural road late at night and surge toward each other from opposite sides firing roman candles and bottle rockets from the windows. Miss my old high school shitbox =(

Im American got a felony for going 45 on a dirt road, fuck you.

Cops
are
CUNTS

This is bullshit.

I got ruled jail time for doing 40 over on a mile long straightaway, by myself, without a single car in sight at night here in Burgerland. I was incredibly nice to the cop which was the only reason he didn't chuck me in the back of the car and take me to jail right then and there. The judge was a hardass.

I would love to be able to do fun stuff, but if I got a few days for a misdemeanor, I would have gotten twice the time for road racing, which is a felony. Fuck the over protective cops here.

These. i just got out on my own and got rid of my fucking trackers which was awesome. to go out late at night and blast around the mountains with my friends i had to leave my phone at home otherwise my parents would be notified. luckily my parents dont know shit about cars and tried to get me an ob2 tracker, but I bought an old shitbox without a diagnostic system. they also had a speed tracking tab under my rear bumper they didnt think I knew about which I would have to remove as well. my parents are fucking nazis and make me wish I lived in the 60s before gps.

Stop living in california.

The GPS became public in the 80s

The police are no longer members of the community.
The youths no longer have the money.
The parents no longer stand idly by as their children do drugs, have sex, and hoon cars.

And they wonder why this generation is a bunch of shut in soy boys.
Let boys be boys. Let girls be whores. That's how you develop the next generation. None of this monitoring shit. It's sink or swim out there. Some will fail, but others will rise.

testosterone levels have been dropping faster than your mom's panties when she sees me pulling up.

What the fuck kind of parents put trackers on their kids car?

The consequences are just too damn high. I got a reckless driving ticket when I was 17 for getting some sick skiddz in my clapped out shitbox. That stays on my record for 11 years and I've already been denied 3 jobs because of it. My insurance still rapes me in the ass because of it a half a decade later. Cops are also super cunts as well.

LEAVE JEW

Tons.
OBDII trackers are cheap as fuck.

my parents. they were scared that i was "out buying drugs" because im not the good little brainwashed christian they hoped for. in reality, i just wanted to go hoon my car around some of the incredible roads we had around us.

>felony for going 45 on a dirt road
Elaborate.

Oh, yeah. I know tons of my high school friends who had trackers on their cars. Luckily, my parents more or less trusted me, so I didn't have to deal with that shit, but believe me. They're everywhere.

Here in NC, speeding over 75 MPH results in loss of license for a fucking year.
All of these straight, empty country roads.

Same. I'm in fucking Virginia where, 20mph or over 80 will land you reckless driving, a week in jail, and suspension for a year.

But the cops in my town, my town which is a speed trap, zoom down the road at 3 AM, doing the same thing I want to do, blasting music. Can hear the bass booming in the car.
They don't use their signals, cut people off, weave around in the lanes.

Meanwhile, I've set cruise control at over 100 for extended periods of time in California, Nevada, and Arizona.

>kids can’t afford cars
>kids whose parents can afford cars don’t know anything about cars
>helicopter parents bully and scare all the exceptions into buying cuckboxes and obeying traffic laws for safety
>you don’t need a car to be independent anymore, thanks to the internet
World isn’t what it used to be. My whole generation are basically children still because of overinvolved parenting.

Holy shit this.
I returned to my high school as an instructor for the marching band and all of the SENIORS are still like large children. Granted, as a senior I was an immature little shit but at least I was on the path to transitioning into adulthood? These kids, they're still sucking on their mother's tits. They have no bark, no bite, nothing. It's pathetic.

Memesters blame soy but it's probably a combination of overprotective parents and smartphones.

My parents kept telling me that a car is the key to freedom. I get a car and i get texts telling me to come home or that i have no reason to go out.
In the words of the donald: "this is the worst trade deal in the history of trade deals maybe ever"

And literally "soy".
Population wide low T isn't a symptom if soft parenting. It's a symptom of poisoned diets. A lot of it comes from the water supply. Some plastics, and others processed foods.

The funny thing is it's probably everything other than soy.

Actual soy contributes but in such a miniscule amount that it's negligible. Definitely not enough to be memed so hard.
But it doesn't exactly roll off the tongue like "plastic bottle boy", does it?

this is the only thing that keeps me from street racing

BPA BOY.
LOL.
DRINK MORE WATER BOTTLES FAG

So I regularly bomb through canyons, drift in parking lots/backroads, launch at stop lights (when nobody is around of course). This thread is kind of making me paranoid though, have I just been lucky so far? I don't want to get my license revoked

I was like that as a kid. I went out every night and hooned hard, in the city and in the sticks.

I ran from the police 3 times. Twice in the city, once in the sticks. Evaded all 3 times.

I got pulled over twice, both times going well over 40+ the limit.
Lost my license twice, first time was for 2 months, second time for 12 months.
You'll get caught. Get a radar detector, and use it always. Be smart with your hooning. We all get caught eventually though.

The days of street racing and getting off easy are long gone

Not a teenager but I personally prefer to hoon by myself or maybe just one other friend who isn't a dickhead

fpbp

it's obviously this. everyone is being cucked by laws, cops and insurance companies

Must just be you. I passed a cop at 145 in a 60, got yelled at to slow the fuck down.

Didn't even get pulled over.

If you live in socal just go up Glendora mountain road, people race all the time up there and cops don't give a hoot

In the UK a lot of young drivers cuck themselves with black boxes (basically tracks your driving) for 'cheaper' insurance
Don't mind that if you drive too often/in high crime areas/on dangerous roads/accelerate too quickly/brake too sharply/speed you get fucked with absurdly expensive insurance (even more absurd than it already is)

To most people, anything but econoboxes are unaffordable. Prices of everything have gone up, salaries have remained stagnant. My 15 year old base xterra's kbb is $4500 and it costs me 1800 a year just to keep it insured in California as a 21 year old with a completely clean record. That's not even that bad compared to other people; I know a dude in the same situation as me paying about 3k a year for a 2012 corolla s.

Combine that with 1300 a month rent for a one bedroom apartment, gas/electric/water/phone/food, etc with tens of thousands of student loan debt and no job in the field of your degree to show for it. It's not doable for the vast majority of people

I got my liberal arts gender degree from /lgbt/ so I spent my college fund on a brand new VAG cuz I’ll never have a real one. I hoon everywhere hoping to get pulled over so I can offer my bp to avoid a ticket ;_;

I dunno man. Sometimes I go out looking for trouble in the usual spots and there's rarely anyone there to play with.
Makes me sad as fuck to think the only thing I can do is time attack.

What state?

>Live in bumfuck nowhere
>Dirt roads and mountains everywhere
>No police
Feels good man

Motorcycle fags ruin the racing spots around portland. One of them gets killed then cops start patrolling the spot.

Southern Virginia

The street racing in my area really started to die because of all the accidents and deaths. Whether it was impromptu Need for Speed shit through the city or county or organized drag/wangan on dead or closed roads too many people were inevitably wiping out and many bystanders, other cars, property and animals in the road ended up getting hit. The final nail in the coffin happened when kids started having a lot more to lose and a lot less time and money to spend on cars.

Just because they're not driving dangerously in residential areas doesn't mean they're not enjoying cars. Kids just have more to lose and have way more common sense when it comes to things like this than they used to. Not all of them, but many.

Portland, Oregon? I still hear people racing down Sandy boulevard very very late at night. Maybe once or twice a month, but not nearly as often as when I was a kid.

>He thinks cops are protecting you

Yeah, there’s your problem. You can speed anywhere you want except the state of Virginia. Shits basically on par with murder

Nowadays young people that are into cars sit in some parking lot with their slammed Honda and Nissans with cut springs and more spacers than axles rolling on fucked camber rimz they got at some Mexican used tire shop while they vape

That's funny because the seniors in my old school were insane. There were some applying to ivy leagues whilst doing hard drugs and driving like maniacs.

I heard kids don't even TRY to learn how to drive until they are 20. I am 37 and if you weren't in drivers' ed or holding your license within a few months of turning 16 you were either a quadriplegic, or a retard. Everyone else got their license because driving was (and is) SRS BSNS

Yeah but you could drive over to the next state if you wanted. Its not like they ride shotgun with you, user

you from USA?