Camaros are better than Mustangs

Camaros are better than Mustangs

Change my Mind

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=b2FWvu_iKwo
world-challenge.com/cars/
hotrod.com/articles/why-the-latest-gm-6-2l-lt1-small-block-matters/
chevrolet.com/camaro-life/hot-wheels-edition
motortrend.com/cars/chevrolet/camaro/2013/2013-chevrolet-camaro-ss-hot-wheels-special-edition-first-test/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

They are both cool nigga.

>Pigfat american car vs another pigfat american car that looks the same except different front and read lights and brand
Muscle is dead

Nah. You like what you like

By that description, it was never alive.

It's different to have a certain styling (Long, sleek) than to be the exact same thing

Base model Camry>both your gei muscle cars

>Camaro hasn't been constant production
>Chevrolet literally couldn't sell a V8 pony car that could get 30mpg in the early 2000's.

We should have ended GM when we had the chance.

camaro is ugly af

The aftermarket and magnetic ride suspension alone make the Camaro superior.

youtube.com/watch?v=b2FWvu_iKwo

look backwards

the camaro has absolutely no redeeming qualities, they are always eclipsed in actual racing, as every other GM car

it is a paper tiger, just like the corvette

>year old article headline with no context
>no other tangible support for his statements
Opinion discarded

triggered GM cuck detected

>b-b-but BUMBLEBEEE!

Camaro ended up winning the GTS championship, though...

>To put it bluntly, the Camaro is in another league, with legitimate supercars. A 2015 GT-R NISMO held the Streets record—1:19.07—meaning the gulf between the quickest car ever lapped at the track and the Chevy (1.6 seconds) was less than half the gulf between our two competitors (3.3 seconds). But then we got bored at lunch and Randy ran a lap in a Lamborghini Huracán Performonte. Result: new champ, at 1:18.73—making the Camaro the sixth-fastest car around Streets. Yet the Chevy still is less than 2 seconds off the pace of a hypercar costing six times as much. Dang.

>Where does that leave the Mustang? Well, if you don’t care about measurable performance and are instead into the “cowboy science” side of things, you have your winner. However (and here’s the part I hate writing), in the ways that actually matter to car guys, the 2018 Mustang got its butt handed to it. For less money, Chevy stone-cold out-engineered Ford.

Shh, don't let anyone else from Veeky Forums learn about modern racing beyond their cherrypicking!

and only managed to do that against cars made before 2014
world-challenge.com/cars/

I mean, the 6th gen camaro went on sale in late 2015

>cars made before 2014
Fake news.
More than half the cars it competed against in GTS were made for 2014 or later.

Camaros are kind of gay dude, their drivers are usually obese white 20 year olds who invest all their money in the monthly payments and try to look cool. Corvette is better for price and performance.

They're both shit

Camaro looks like a hotwheels car

I don't have a problem with either car but I think I would get a Camaro before I bought a Mustang.

Just buy the firebird, it's the higher tri- oh wait, shit

the Mustang's engine is superior

Ford should've considered that when they built the GT.

Yup but Chevy finally realized that the rest of the shit that gets the power to the pavement is just as important, Ford still doesn't get it, even if the coyote is pure sex.

The camaro may be slightly better performance-wise but the mustang is better as a DD. It’s better looking, the interior is nicer and doesn’t look like an idiot designed it.

Blind spots are worse for everyday driving.

the interior is shit in the mustang.. the infotainment is fucking kia tier trash, too.

if it werent for chevy mechanics tools would rust

Guy at work bought a Camaro.
>visibility sucks, but I can deal
>month later he sells it and buys a Mustang

I have my doubts about the entire rest of the platform if they can't get the easy stuff right.

>the coyote is a better engine than the LT1

How? The 5.0 is a higher tech DOHC w/port and direct injection V8 verses the LT1 is a push-rod engine that just recently upgraded to direct injection yet it still makes better torque and horsepower.

>expecting to see any variance in vehicles on a 1 minute track

The Mustang is faster regardless of year and speed is the primary reason to buy one of these kinds of vehicles.

5.0 vs a supercharged 6.2

>and then the 5.2 voodoo handily beats it

You're a real goofball, do you know that?

>busrider

Until a Mustang or Camaro wins OVERALL at LeMans, I will never care about them.

You're right, I just wish it looked better

This meme needs to die. I drove a 2017 camry and it felt like fucking garbage. Id rather drive my 91 civic dx

>Supercharged
>?¿

Where didn’t the mustang touch you? It’s okay you can tell me the truth. No one can hurt you anymore.

Ok look Veeky Forums. Memes aside, they are both great. Why can only one be cool? The two cars have such a great rivalry precisely because they are both cool. The Camaro is (currently) the best performance car of the 4 true blue modern pony/muscle cars. The Challenger/Charger exist and continue to be sold based almost solely on their image. They all owe it to the Mustang though. I am a Chevy die hard but I love the Mustang. Without it, there would be no Camaro for me to even be a fan of. Also shitting on muscle car guys for things like visibility or "looks like a hot wheels car" is silly. I know it looks like a hot wheels car. That is exactly why I bought it. That's why im buying another one. I don't want a "mature" experience. I want a big, loud, stupid, hot wheel. Just like I did when I was a kid. Common sense arguments regarding practicality or lap times don't matter to us. We don't care. That said, the Camaro is absolutely killing it performance wise. Id even say pic related might be the greatest performance car on earth price considered.

>Be me on a date leaving restaurant
>Look over see black Camaro SS with nice sounding exhaust
>Smile and nod
>Both make a left
>I floor it
>He floors it
>I pull ahead
>He missed a shift
>Race over as I laugh
>Look over at date who is biting her lip clenching her thighs obviously turned on

The feels when an incompetent faggot who can't drive stick just got my dick sucked for me.

>things that never happened, the post.

Things that happened last week.
Never underestimate a 250hp sedan with cooled leather seats and a big open sunroof against morons who can't drive.

>i raced some muscle car and think i won

I used to do this in my trans am. Race soi boys at like half throttle to give them a chance. I once beat a 350z at half throttle. He probably thought he was keeping up

Challenger beats both in space and pure HP, but The Mustang has better visibility and handling.

Really, the crappy visibility out of both the challenger and Camaro kills it for me, and the Camaro design looks more pigfatty and gay

You know 250 hp isn't very much right? A modern Camaro SS (2010-up) all make at least 400 hp. If his exhaust was "nice" it was probably more. So you're saying you beat him because he skipped one gear by accident? So either you're 17 and making shit up or you won only because your rival fucked up. What are you bragging about?

This guys gets it. I'll race civics at like a quarter throttle. Even in my completely stock 10' SS There is no way a 250 hp sedan or a civic is keeping up. Don't get me wrong i've lost plenty of races. there are tons of more powerful cars....those just aren't one of them. Hell i'll even race that guy. He can even bring his date lol

2015-2017 mustang >cheby

/thread

Im a Camaro guy but god damn if im not inclined to agree. Now that that ford ugly-ed up the mustang again it's more even. Camaro refresh is coming in 2019 too.

Camaro is ugly as shit. The look is as if someone envisioned what cool cars will look like in the future but it just looks weird. That said, performance wise it’s fantastic and will school the mustang 10 times out of 10. Camaro is also more expensive, comparable models vs the mustang are thousands of dollars more. Camaro is good if you want to buy a great car and not worry about upgrading it.

Miata>all
Brb
>cute!
>fun
>nimble
>easy to work on
>cute

GM slowmaro fan here.

I enjoy my Camaros, both my '98 and my '10. I'll say the Mustang is a lot cheaper, and it has that going for it. However, they get much more expensive once you start getting them up with more power.

My personal opinion is that the Camaro was, and still is, more comfortable stock with better seats.

Also we should all hail the unholy beast that is the LS engine, descendant of the gods from the unsightly precipice of Detroit. etc. etc.

camaro has best handling
mustang is the cheapest and requires least money to make the fastest in a stright line
challenger is big and compfy

Camaros and Mustangs were never muscle cars

2015 GT owner here, I fucking hate the look of the new Mustangs (and they don't look better in person). I will not be trading up to one. That being said, the new Camaros look even fucking worse, they look like retarded cat fish.

the modular is better than the LS

the 5.0 JUST got DI this year and is still based on a 5 yr old design
the LT1 was DI from day 1 and was acually a new engine

yeah the last one was boxy and great, this one looks like someone just needlessly photoshopped curves on it

I would like to take a step here and appreciate panoz for getting out on track with the avezzano, even if it's in GT4 spec cars.
They even won some races. God bless panoz.

>LT1 "new" engine
>based on LS that dates to 1995

>engines have a similar layout
>"""""based on"""""

>gen V small block also FIVE years old

Oh trust me, Im a major Mazda Fag

but Camaro V. Mustang Is current /Thread

Corvettes are fucking shit until you get a z06

Bullshit on that for sure, sync is actually godlike and really really easy to use

They are both good cars
Comes down to brand loyalty or feature/styling preference

Rx7 a shit

>based on

It's a further separation from the LS1 than the LS1 was from the '90s LT1.

>One of the most technologically advanced engines in the world, the LT1 also represents the most significant redesign of the small-block ever. Using GM’s Powertrain Development Center, a sprawling 450,000-square-foot facility among the most technically advanced powertrain development centers in the world, the computational analysis alone that went into the LT1’s development took five years and consumed 0.1 quadrillion bytes of disk space. That’s the equivalent of 18 billion typed pages or 23,000 DVDs. More than 75 iterations of the combustion system alone were developed and evaluated before the final design was selected. The resulting cylinder head is brand new, along with a special, dished piston. Together, they work to exploit the high compression, mixed motion parameters enabled by direct injection. The reversal of the position of the valves in the head is another significant, while not outright noticeable, change in the Gen 5 small-block. The change, along with an entirely new intake manifold design, enables a straighter path for the air charge into the combustion chamber. Large, 2.13-inch hollow intake valves breathe in fresh air while 1.59-inch hollow sodium exhaust valves help expend the consumed mixture. The spark plug was also moved closer to the center of the combustion chamber, helping push the flame for the combustion process closer to the center of the cylinder, increasing the direct injection system’s efficiency.

hotrod.com/articles/why-the-latest-gm-6-2l-lt1-small-block-matters/

I’m just here to post my mustang

Who buys a Camaro over a Challenger, what are you, not a drug dealer?

Nigga you a shit

My mistake, not supercharged. Still has a full 1L advantage and makes less power.

I actually love the new camaro, if I lived in the states it’s the car I would have
>manual
>coupe
>odd firing v8
>can handle and isn’t much heavier than my z
Why would anyone hate this car? I’ve never really liked any mustang after the terminator cobra, the new ones are just too rental car
>aren’t lightweight and barebones enough to be a proper pony car
>not sporty enough to be a proper sports car
>not really nice enough to be a proper gt car

What is it? Kinda like the m3 is; it’s own segment

Huh kind of ironic but I did this to a vt/x ss commo once in my 300zx. Pretended that we were even for a bit then rolled onto the throttle once we hit mid 3rd, immediately got in full boost and left him like he was parked

I'll give you that the camaro is probably faster, good value for money, and handles better.

But man, it just looks like the owner lives at a strip club. It's so smarmy looking and most people who buy an SS put all these shit mods and giant tacky wheels on them.

dont get why people hate it for the looks, I think it looks outstanding

Camaro’s don’t attack innocent bystanders as much as mustangs

>>Ford literally couldn't sell a V8 pony car that could make 300hp in the early 2000's.

When the Camaro is in production It's always been better than the Mustang.

It's attractive but vulgar

>S/o/viet posting that same old shit even though the mustang was basically grandfathered in under old rules that gave it a huge advantage

Ford didn't cancel the Mustang.

Chevrolet did cancel the Camaro.

Objectively, consumers prefer the Mustang therefore it is the superior automobile.

Enjoy your pigfat

Because it's literally made for manchildren.

chevrolet.com/camaro-life/hot-wheels-edition

motortrend.com/cars/chevrolet/camaro/2013/2013-chevrolet-camaro-ss-hot-wheels-special-edition-first-test/

The Camaro is literally made for humans who are physically adults who haven't progressed mentally past the pre-teenage years.

reminder that, even while being literally the most popular engine between soyboys and autists, there isn't a single LS engine capable of running 5's

NOT A SINGLE ONE

no LS engine capable of going down the quarter in 5 seconds

Ford wins again, and with just 286 cui and a factory block

But can it...

........turn?

The proportions on this are a nightmare

Well it probably cannot possibly withstand the horsepower necessary to run 5s. I don’t teally see how that’s relevant to the appeal of it tho, I use the power of my z exclusively for
>cutting in traffic
>overtaking on the open road
>highway pulls and racing

And a 4-500hp small block would do this perfectly, getting power from displacement gives it a reliably and smooth powerband my 15 psi boosted v6 can’t offer

>implementing shift blocking since the 80's
>cockblocking cars like the second gen fiero because it made their precious corvette look like the overpriced weak shit it is

Ford's done some stupid shit like V4 Mustangs, but GM's just gone full retard too many times.

Pure sex

Plate in windshield, do you get ticketed fot that?