>everyone either tailgating or going 5 under
>cops pulling someone over once every kilometer
>night falls
>no reflective paint
>lane reflectors dirty/broken
>no lights on highway
>need a zip code to pump gas
>nigga what the fuck is e85
>6 lane highway is literally a city street with traffic entering/exiting shopping plazas
>everyone utterly incapable of utilising a roundabout
>lead out on left turn lane like rational adult, get mercilessly honked at
>every billboard is for drugs, lawsuits, or suing over faulty drugs

Honestly why do americans even own cars?

>new york
stopped reading there

How about you avoid the democratic cesspools and go find decent backroads?

The city itself was actually awesome, you really do feel that "new york magic" when you're there. But everything involving driving around it was fucking retarded looked like the roads were paved by toddlers in the 70s and not maintained whatsoever since

That's because they weren't maintained since the 70's. Mainly due to them being so tax starved.

And their shitty and dangerous road planning should not be underestimated. Having traveled the world as well I used to think Canada had the worst maintenance record and urban planning but blue American states kick its ass

it's literally impossible for NYC to maintain their roads. Most hours have them occupied by cars in already slow traffic, and the costs for that many night repair crews would hurt the tax rate even more. It's actually one of the big real reasons NYC is aiming to go carless ASAP, under the guise of "green"
>6 lane highway is literally a city street with traffic entering/exiting shopping plazas
ahaha you went into the tunnel you fool
>everyone utterly incapable of utilising a roundabout
where the hell did you find a roundabout in NYC? it's mostly grids.
>cross border in 1000 islands/upstate new york
>spend an hour clearing customs
>roads full of potholes
it's the same doing the trip north, the border roads are shit because neither country cares when you are spending money outside of theirs.

> travel from New York to Michigan regularly
> 403 is full of OPPs
> 401 is five-lanes wide but nobody goes more than 10MPH
> stuck for two hours trying to get to the only functioning toll
> reflective lines tho

You fucking goofball I like my fenders I stayed by newark airport and took the NJ train I am not dumb enough to risk driving in the city. I'm refering to all other roads in New York/Pennsylvania/New Jersey

Also
>implying the roads in Niagara Region and Windsor aren't immaculate

>newark airport
airports are hell to navigate, especially the ones serving the Tri-State
>Niagara
my experience is with Quebec, utter shit roads. Maybe Ottawa is a lot better?

NYC highway driving (outside of Manhattan) is basically near gridlock traffic, moving at 10-15MPH over the limit, all tailgating. It's a "don't blink" kind of driving experience (I'd love to see how autopilot for cars handles such conditions). Did you use parkways or Interstates?

>upstate ny has shit roads
Gee, I wonder why that is. It's almost as if our tax money is used on hookers and blow in Albany or something

WFT are you even talking about you hick? Shut up and go back to your no name shit hole

>roads in Quebec
Quebec isn't Canada except (barely) on paper

>did you use parkways or interstates?
pic related

drive in toronto, vancouver or montreal and you will get the same thing. you just picked a shit area

>all of america is like NYC

canadians once again proving their lack of intellect

>why don't y'all get out of dem uppity democrat cities and come hang out on my opioid addicted podunk town with me and bubba? y'all will love it praise jesus maga

Moved from Alberta to California a few years back, had to retake the driver's test.
The standards are way lower, no parking or highway driving at all.

>Be truckerfag
>Run lower 48
>A WILD CANUCKISTAN LOAD APPEARS
>pays like 5000 burgerbucks to go to Missasauga
>Run, cross over into Canada for the first time
>Got through customs with my Sudanese Muslim co-driver in like 15 minutes
>Jesus fucking Christ the roads are so fucking clean
>Trucks stops don't smell like piss and don't have piss bottles on the ground
>Canadian truckers aren't gluttonous hamplanets, at least the ones I saw
>Truck parking everywhere
>Get 200 miles down the 401 into Missasauga
>All the truck stops take burgerbucks
>Decide to be polite and convert 100 burgerbucks to maplebucks since we're going to be there a couple days
>Ride bikes with trainer around town killing time, went out for food, was a great experience
>Get unloaded, go back into the States
>Takes us a fucking hour and a half to get through customs
>They literally drove a giant x-ray machine across the length of our truck
>Actually fucking charged us for them to XRAY our own god damn truck, because it's ((((New York))))
>Asked my co-driver a bunch of questions
>Finally get going
>Potholes? You mean moon craters.
>All the people from Jew York driving like assholes
>Get to a truckstop and instantly become overwhelmed from the smell of piss
>Trash dumped everywhere
>None of the truck stops on the god damn border in burgerland take maplebucks
>mfw came back to America

It was like being on vacation the whole time.

>>need a zip code to pump gas
You mean if you're using a credit card?

yeah what the fuck was up with that are foreigners not allowed to buy gas?

New York

>The rest of US

Haha

>need a zip code to pump gas
That gets the vendor a break on the credit card fees. A lot of places still don't use it though.

>It's almost as if our tax money is used on hookers and blow in Albany or something
See that's the thing about these threads. They always assume that taxes collected are actually spent on what they're supposed to be spent on.

>go to fill up
>need zip code
>fuckinghell
>get zip code wrong a couple times before the shitty buttons actually work
>”please see attendant”
>give up, decide to go pay with cash
>cashier says before they can sell me gas, I have to pass a test
>what the fuck
>”it’s penis inspection day

fuck foreigners desu

>be amerifat
>"TAXES ARE DUH DEVIL"
>get a tax break
>"OK BUT WHAT ABOUT BILLIONAIRES? THEY ALSO NEED TAX BREAKS"
>"AND TO COMPENSATE FOR THAT, LETS MAKE CUTS ON ALL SOCIAL PROGRAMS. FUCKING COMMUNISM. LETS CUT MORE TAXES WHILE WE ARE AT IT"
>Infrastructure begins to crumble
>"REEEE WHY ARE MUH ROADS SO BAD"

The roads are bad because we need to pay for tyrones illegitimate children whilst incarcerating said negro any increase in spending or taxes is always spent on social programs instead of the fucking gaping pot hile at the end of my syreet that ive called cal trans about 3 times already

>Be American
>Taxes steadily increase over the years until they're nearing 50%
>See no changes or benefits to anything because all the money goes to niggergibs, Israel, and senator goldsteins quarterly raise.

billionaires are based and deserve to pay no taxes just because it would make libshits angry.

>LETS MAKE CUTS ON ALL SOCIAL PROGRAMS
Name one federal program that had less money than the fiscal year prior.

and here we have the common Bubba, brainwashed by the Koch Brother's propaganda machine into thinking that its the brown people that are keeping him down, and not the 1% that are raping and pillaging the country via tax cuts to anything that isn't tax breaks to their fat pockets AND just got even more tax breaks under Trump, with a projected 7 TRILLION deficit over 10 years thanks to said cuts.

Pretty fucking sad and hilarious at the same time

oh noes "Tyrone" gets 9% of the budget!! what are we going to do?

I know, lets give more tax breaks to the top earners, lets cut all social programs that benefit the working class and the poor, and make sure you blame niggers and brown people when they complain about said programs going down the shitter

based billionaires amirite?? they get to buy another mansion!! that'll make the libshits so MAD

>jew york
>leaf
good job of invalidating your argument instantly

>Muh 1%
Mr moneybags is paying my salary not the gubernment

24% to social security. FUCKING BOOMERS

and if mr moneybags had it his way you'd get paid in bottle caps. and work 14 hour days

Liberals are even worse.
>muh social programs
>muh bullshit environmental programs that funnel money into the same huge billionaire funds that I claim despise
>muh out-of-control public transportation projects
>muh education grants about queer women of color

And that 9 percent more of the federal budget than tyrone should get. If a state wants to implement such programs then that's their business and if tyrone wants the free money that was just laying around and didn't come from anyone else then he can move to that state.

>muh social programs
social programs if properly managed get people out of poverty. a working population = more money around. There wouldn't be any point of owning a company if the majority of people can't afford your products

>muh bullshit environmental programs that funnel money into the same huge billionaire funds that I claim despise
yeah fucking environmentalist crap, I want my asbestos, lead paint and lead gasoline back!!! fucking, even bring the smog and lung problems back!! you're hurting the poor corporations with your bullshit!

>muh out-of-control public transportation projects
>oh no muh crowded as fuck roads because bus routes are shit
>oh no my shit roads because of overuse
>oh no muh shit roads thanks to more tax cuts

>muh education grants about queer women of color

oh no, le leftist boogeyman, 0.002% of the budget is being spent on some imaginary republitard talking point!! wat do? 7 trillion in tax breaks to the rich!!

>wonders why sparsely populated, rural areas in the corners of a massive country don't have every inch of highway covered by street lights and reflectors

>Name one federal program that had less money than the fiscal year prior.
Huh, no answer. Imagine that.

>I want my asbestos, lead paint and lead gasoline back!!!
Fighting bait strawmen with bait strawmen is a shit tactic

>Unzip dick
>Rapefugee laughs at size
>Cashier kinda cute, so immediately and forcibly prematurely ejaculate when she gets close.
>Die alone in Roger's Island

>guy in pic is not even american

>be America
>spend insane amount of money on the worlds most powerful military
>11 nuclear powered supercarriers and the largest nuclear submarine fleet in the world
>not even close to what is being spent to keep worthless fucking boomers alive

newark? Another essex/union county fag here?

>be Canadian
>decide to take a trip down to Portland to see a friend
>have to deal with moose infected side streets and backroads on my way out of the country
>finally hit American interstates
>smooth sailing until I get there

I'd kill to have the highway system you guys have.

>why don't y'all get out of dem uppity democrat cities and come hang out on my opioid addicted podunk town with me and bubba? y'all will love it praise jesus maga
QFT

Hi there!

You seem to have made a bit of a mistake in your post. Luckily, the users of Veeky Forums are always willing to help you clear this problem right up! You appear to have used a tripcode when posting, but your identity has nothing at all to do with the conversation! Whoops! You should always remember to stop using your tripcode when the thread it was used for is gone, unless another one is started! Posting with a tripcode when it isn't necessary is poor form. You should always try to post anonymously, unless your identity is absolutely vital to the post that you're making!

Now, there's no need to thank me - I'm just doing my bit to help you get used to the anonymous image-board culture!

>it's the democrats fault!
>it's the niggers fault!

You know what I didn't see? Any "this road maintained by /pol/" signs! Guess it's easier to sit at home and whine about the niggers and jews

NYC can't go carless, they can barely handle the current load of people on the bus and trains as is. People will lose it completely, there will be riots if you literally force 10x more people into the subway than area already there on weekdays.

NYC doesn't maintain the roads becuase the unions who do the DOT repairs are fucking lazy as fuck and fill like 5 pot holes a day. The contractors who get the repave jobs are intentionally paving the roads like ball sack just so they can re-do it in 5 years. It keeps the greedy bosses in power.

t. actual new yorker

The city mandates union wages. I normally make 15 an hour doing labor, but because im on a city job this week, im making 75. The work I do isn't worth 75 dollars an hour. So they don't have money to do anything, because they think a job that two guys can do in three hours would take five guys all day. Fuck the city.

Are roads really better in Canada? I drove to Toronto years ago and the roads were the same as they are here.

You're not wrong and thats basically my point. The bosses make sure the job is half asses so they can do it again in 5 years.

My dad works for the city and people tell their managers to fuck off all the time, leave at 3pm and just don't give a shit. Gov't can fuck up a hand job.

>The Insurance Company With A Military

>Infrastructure: 2%
>gibs: 9%
>"OY VEY STOP NOTICING THINGS, GIVE ME MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE MONEY YOU G*D DAMN GOYIM"
wtf i love taxes now

looks like a human leg in a bear trap

Hey do me a favor and go fill up. Yeah. Yeah. That's why, even for all its flaws, American car culture is the best.

It's not great but it's there. It gets you where you need to go.

Why do I give a shit what some shitskin has to say about my country? Why don't you fuck off mate?

Which is why we will take Mr Moneybags' profits and pay you UBI from them. Just so you know to whom you owe your loyalty.

Faggot