/fg/ - Falcom General #60

Previous thread: Best Girl Edition

>Trails of Cold Steel PC out now:

store.steampowered.com/app/538680/
gog.com/game/legend_of_heroes_trails_of_cold_steel_the

>A version of the old Zero no Kiseki fan translation was leaked:

mega.nz/#!LM4Hxb5J!0LrSUQF0yPjveDVPLSSn3Xq1i_tSwvqXHIU9Rzd3fiE

Don't forget to support the games and spoiler the spoilers!

>Latest news

-The trailer is out: youtube.com/watch?v=fr-8b6S6HOQ

- Trails of Cold Steel III's on track for Japanese release on September 28th of this year, confirmed PS4 exclusive. News/article translations: gematsu.com/tag/the-legend-of-heroes-trails-of-cold-steel-iii

- Short CS3 TV ad: youtube.com/watch?v=NYaV_GNqyCo

- Class VII's back: imgur.com/a/Pw4Cp

- Ys Seven coming to PC, trailer/info: gematsu.com/2017/07/ys-seven-pc-first-details-trailer-screenshots

- Zwei II coming to PC via XSEED (Summer), preview stream: youtube.com/watch?v=3gVOBPNrNgU

- Tokyo Xanadu out on Vita, improved EX+ version on PS4/PC scheduled for late 2017

- Cold Steel 2 confirmed for PC, release date pending
twitter.com/xseedgames/status/850395724223098880

>Older news

- Check out these Trails FC & SC updates, re: translation improvements (xseedgames.tumblr.com/post/159288714430/the-legend-of-heroes-trails-series-localization)

- Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana brought by NISA. Please complain to Falcom, not XSEED (they're upset about it too). Good Japanese grammar is extremely recommended.

Pastebin (aka music): pastebin.com/G2mswYCt

Extra Stuff (Guides, links, CS undub): pastebin.com/n2G4xL5s

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rT3Ao2ZXeTg
youtu.be/t8li1bAxz1A?t=814
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

First for Nayuta's OST is god-tier
youtube.com/watch?v=rT3Ao2ZXeTg

Play something besides Kiseki for once in a blue moon, faggots.

the madman had to go and say it

Emma is so full of shit. She's a walking nuke so i forgive her though.

That's a nice Nord Highlands you have there....

I played Xanadu Next when it came out but the shitty exploding slime bug made me drop it.

Someone marry this woman already!

But daaaaaaaad

I'm playing Tokyo Xanadu and it's shit.

So how exactly does the localization process work? Why do companies have to bid for the rights to translate a game? Why doesn't Falcom and other companies just choose whoever does the best work and is available?

Play Nayuta, it's Zwei 3 disguised as a Kiseki game. TX might as well be called Tokyo no Kiseki.

Because Falcom are greedy risk-averse jews.

How do you respond to this?

*headpat furiously*

>there she goes again

pinkxblue BTFO

You apologize and admit that you regret your part in the occupation. Then you mentor her well so she can help you help her achieve her dream of getting her crossbell back.

With a long night of baby making to get her mind off it.

Because of this.

Because Falcom isn't really immedially considerned with international sales the same way larger AAA companies are. The Trails games made all the money they originally wanted it too long before it was even considered for translation and it's largely Xseed and NIS who are hoping to profit of said localization. IF Falcom sees the chance to profit they'll take it but it's generally up to the international distributors to make the pitch

T-thanks.

Huh. He's talking about Noel.

>Rean is gonna cockblock us

Fucking Falcom how dare you treat me like a second class citizen!

The rest of the world is the 2nd class citizens to my great country, and we are the most important ones that matter in the world. Fuck Japan. USA USA USA!

atashi no crossbell gib

What's he saying

Don't you bullshit me.

Memes, gather on my sowrd.

>Orlando and Seeker is your senpai, right?

>Crane dick. Not a train one.

Come on.

I read a theory online that Osborne could actually be emperor dreichels. Thoughts?

Did i just hear erebonia declaring war on calvard?

What's her endgame? She's too honorable and helped the SSS and Class VII, in their ordeals.

Are you Lt. Orlando and Sgt. Seeker's junior?

And you're next.

What's a tiny little shit like Liberl can do with it? Crawl in your grave, old hag.

Slime Baby

not osborne but dreichels heart(or something similar) is inside rean

I hope everyone from Crossbell shows up in Sen III. I want to see Kea again.

Probably whatever Oroborous's endgame is.

Vita implies it will be positive for mankind as a whole, if you ignore all the horrible shit they've caused to do it.

Being Ouroboros doesn't mean she has to let a bunch of dumb kids get killed in her spooky ghost castle.

They probably want to keep her far far away from Osborne.

but she didn't actually show up in the artbook

I already don't like the new characters

What the fuck was that? The camera focused on the train's side. I'm guessing it was supposed to focus on osborne.

No it's a cool train.

turbo mode messes it up

shouldn't have changed your fov

I didn't mess around with my fov though. I kept is on the setting that it came with.

I'm not using Turbo for cutscenes.

Were you at 60fps?

>CS3 Nightmare Arena
>Victor Arseid
>Arios MacLaine
>Cassius with sword

Make it happen.

You know that Kiseki and Xanadu is from same root, that's Dragon Slayer.

I did enable it, but my PC is kind of a toaster, so only some areas get full FPS. It lag out a bit due to the screen effect.

Did Osborne look at Rean during the cutscene or something, or did Rean just react to seeing him?

Kind of random but does anyone have a reference of the Thor's academy dorm rooms?

Add her

It's always kind of strange when they seem to be all about that while having someone like Weissman in Sky who doesn't give a shit about unnecessary casualties. And probably Novartis too for that matter.

youtu.be/t8li1bAxz1A?t=814

Tokyo Xanadu literally has everything from Cold Steel except the turn based battle.

Osborne redemption moment when?

Weissman is jaded because of the salt pale. Dunno about Novartis since I haven't played Ao. Looking at his design, I think he's just crazy like Schmidt.

I was just thinking about Novartis in general considering all the archaisms and experiments coming out of the 13 Factories.
In Ao he actually isn't too bad, in a way he saves Crossbell from the railway guns and the people at Garellia didn't actually die either if I'm not mistaken.

I checked again and it works like it should if you change it to 30fps, it's fucked at 60fps.

He didn't have any particular qualms about hooking Renne up to a giant robot no matter how many rape flashbacks it gave her. He doesn't care about people.

That's why it's called Xanadu. It can't be Legend of Heroes game because not being turn based. And can't be kiseki because not bearing same basic lore unlike Nayuta. But it's still from the same Dragon Slayer family branch.

So. CS2. I just killed Vulcan and Im not entirely sure why Rean was taking it so hard. Guy was an ass who spent most of the past game trying to murder us. I know the good guy shouldn't revel in an enemies death and adding a face to them does humanize them a good amount but over all? Eh. Granted he cheered up quick enough to let it slide but still. Honestly as a player Im just glad to finally be the one to kill one of these shit bags.

Rean is a garbo character, get used to his bs because it'll only get worse.

Will CSIII have no carryover?

Still not enough Olivia Newton John to be a proper xanadu

So is Osborne going to take his shirt off and fight us with fisticuffs like all good politician bosses?

No, you don't. He killed himself from being dickhead didn't want to out of his overheated mech.

He's similar to Lloyd, in the sense that he finds the death of someone, even if they pretty much deserve it, to be a bad thing. I guess he just wants them to face their crimes without just dying/killing themselves.

Joachim questionably also deserved the death he got, but it didn't stop Lloyd from having a hard time over it.

I dunno. I kind of like him. He's a ponce but compared to some of the retards Ive played as in JRPGs he's generally pretty normal.

Vulcan took the pussy way out and Rean's not exactly big on killing people like all of the other protags except for Kevin.

Why not? Cross-save exist. Though you have to subscribe to PS+ jewery.
By the time it came out in english there will be PC ports anyway.

>He killed himself from being dickhead didn't want to out of his overheated mech.

Which Im responsible for. I kicked his ass so hard he didn't want to live. Im taking that as a win.

I remember when Dorothy asked Mueller if their food was bad, and he did say it was horrid. I love this series' continuity.

Also, the inside of the fortress is pretty imposing i don't remember though did the Aion literally wipe out the entire thing? Or just the part with the canons? Cause this place seems big enough to withstand a frontal assault even if the cannons aren't there.

>You kicked his ass so much that he didn't want to live anymore
More like you assisted with suicide. Vulcan wanted to kill himself in battle ever since Osborne "died".

He isn't the type to get his hands dirty, but who knows.

Eh, Po-tay-to po-murder

Don't worry, you'll visit it again in CS2 and see what that Aion really did.

You get to see it in CS2.

This bitch was hilarious. "Richard's line of thinking is very masculine. This treaty will solve everything without fighting"

>Very next game
>Erebonia invades Liberl

Does this food even have enough stuff to keep the soldiers on a good diet?

What if her endgame is just Rean's dick

Deport the filthy bitch back

You know what's scary? There isn't a single place in any of the games so far, where Campy ever turned off his smug, but in the trailer, you can clearly see he's pissed off, when fighting alongside Mcburn.

What happened to make him lose his smug, safely kept through so many games?

Liberl pretty much represent the naive society.

Ys Seven had the best character designs, y/n?

Her endgame is to bear Rean's mixed baby

He's mad because has to keep holding back.

Rean Bean thought he was a cute girl and gave him a pat on the head.

>"""Mixed"""" people are portrayed as demons
What did racist falcom mean by this

Tia did nothing wrong
He obviously had to stop holding back which upset him

This stupid girl just started beating him up and yelling about her Crossbell

She isn't naive enough to think the treaty was more than enough, it was more of a way to calm everyone down, and it worked for a good while.

Richard's case is just because she's pretty understanding.

Rean is not a demon he was just bron with a gift. He was born with a special power.