assign the following for an electric car you'd actually consider buying new

>minimum HP/torque
>maximum weight
>maximum size
>styling like a...
>minimum range
>maximum price
>maximum charge time

personally I'd take a 400+ torque shooting brake style wagon that's under 4000lbs and a range of 300 mile for 35 grand, assuming i could fast-charge 80% of the battery in like 10 minutes

thousand mile range
fully charge in 5 minutes
2500 pounds
20 grand

My biggest concerns are weight and range. If they can make a 3500 pound vehicle with a 400 mile range I'll buy one

>150
> Under 2500lbs
>Styled like pic related
>300km
>30k
>45min

>270/300
>2700lbs
>No more than 2 doors
>Styled like a normal car, not something that screams "I am an electric car!"
>400 miles
>$40,000
>4 hours with a standard electric car charger.

>300hp 400-500ft-lbs torque

>3000 lbs

>No bigger than most 2 door coupes of the 90s and early 2000s

>Styling isn't overly important, pretty much just go with generic sports car from 90s/00s

>300 miles

Price will be the real impossible standard that really applies to all new cars, since for about 10 grand I could absolutely kick this thing's butt with a conventional car, so
>10k

>5 mins full charge, just as good as a car with liquid fuel
I suppose that's a bit of an impossible standard as well

Also:
>Absolutely must have good driving dynamics/be a good driver's car and have no electric nannies that aren't able to be deactivated very easily

damn i love how that things looks
i actually like it more than the sport concept

I'd take an electric 4x4 pickup truck. It has to look identical to a ICE powered truck. it has to have a 1000km range (driving like a normal person) and a 5min charging time. Weight and HP/TQ have to be comparable to their ICE siblings.

You people wanting 2500lb, 500hp coupes for $20k are a little delusional.

This but still something with a shorter wheelbase. Rock crawling/over in a vehicle with instant torque and the ability to recharge in the wilderness would be amazing.

I'm surprised at how much I like these. Stare at them for a bit and tell me it doesn't look like something honda would design for a scifi /tv/ show

is real cool
i guarantee pencil pushers will find a way to make it look boring
probably some dumb "corporate styling" junk they'll slap on it

1970s style cadillac land yacht.

oh shit yeah, this would actually make for an extremely nice EV conversion once batteries are better and cheaper

Israel made an aluminum air battery that lasts a 1000 miles. Just change the water every few hundred. Then replace after 1000.

that's a fuel cell, not a battery
and sadly there's always like 20 "promising" battery/fuel cell technologies at any given moment, the vast majority will sort of fall away into obscurity after getting some attention grabbing pop sci headlines, usually because it's found the technology doesn't scale up or they can't get good efficiencies out of it

Radioisotope Thermalelectric Generators that don't suck.

It's not a fuel cell it's a non rechargeable battery.

>Israel
>Yeah goy, just aluminum and air. All you need to do is change the water occasionally. That's right, good goy, you made a great purchase. Think of how much you've just done for the environment.

LS swap

I would love for their to be more accessible EV retrofit systems for older cars.
If I could rebuild my project car's drivetrain as all electric for at or under the cost of buying a new engine/trans/fuel system I'd do it in a heartbeat.
I imagine It'd be a pretty fun mod to do honestly.

Nuclear EV cars when?

retrofits right now are hard because it's still kind of a wild west situation.
give it about a decade when things settle out and there's some commonality in design and batteries are cheap, or high capacity batteries start really piling up in junkyards.

right now there's a big open source effort to make open motor control boards and battery control boards for Tesla hardware so you can drop a tesla drivetrain and batteries into a car and it'll be relatively easy to make work

twinscroll inline 6 swap

>mk1 mini cooper shell
>smol 30hp electric motor per wheel

>fully independent double wishbone suspension

>RTG in cars
That sucks since RTGs have a horrible power/weight ratio, the MMRTG of curiosity produces only 2,8W/kg, even if you somehow go up to 5 W/kg, you have a power/weight ratio like the one of a cyclist over one hour.
That does not even take the weight of the car or the motors into account, so it is most likely even worse...

>minimum HP/torque
>maximum weight
800kg
>maximum size
miata
>styling like a..
elise
>minimum range
600km
>maximum price
>maximum charge time
2 minutes

(heil Satan)
That doesn´t even exist in gas powered cars, but it would be verry nice if it did...

it does, its called an elise

The elise weights over 800 kg

this one is a hair over 750kg

That is not the current elise...

I fear that the bench seats and suicide doors will be axed.

>250/300
>under 3 tonnes
>no maximum size
>styling like a DeVille
>250mi minimum range on max output 100% of the time
>2h for full charge, 45min per 50mi range

So basicly a DeVille on a ModelS platform?

Yes. That's the bare minimum. Also I want it to cost what a semi-optioned-out CTS (3.6TT, 8L-90E etc) 2018 CTS would cost.

>260/320
>4400 lbs
>landbarge
>town car
>to work, to lunch, back to work, and back home
>$45k
>1 hour

If you mean total cost of ownership, that is actualy realistic, except for the fact that it would probably have more than 250 hp...

Meet all of the same specs as a regular car but have a charge time under 15 minutes and stations with the same ubiquity as fuel stations.

Thanks merchant.

and?

actually, hub motors wouldn't be great since it'd a big increase in unsprung weight.
if you can have the motor on the subframe with a short jointed axle to the wheel, that would be much better.

And a rtg that could provide the energy needed to power a LEAF at a decent weight, would probably put out tremendous heat and last a short tume.

You can not controll the power output of a RTG, it puts out the same power all the time.

>somewhere between 300-500 hp/torque
>2500-3500 lbs.
>either sedan, coupe or hatch (no back seats if coupe)
>styling basically looking like a m3/4
>minimum range 500 mi highway, 300 mi street, 150 mi track
>fully optioned like 40-45k
>max charge time 20 minutes for 80%

The ability to not only pull like a pickup truck, but also have either a 300 mile range, or at least 150 with a 15 minute quick charge. User serviceable batteries that don't cost a gorillion dollars to maintain/replace are another requirement.

Minor needs are some sort of cool sound. Maybe some harmless way to induce coil whine or something. Like AC traction motors on subways or something.

Then I'd totally drive an electric third gen, easy.

There are conversion kits available for that, they did something like that to a 1960s mustang fastback and overdid it a little with the power.
It is somewhere in the quad digits...

>a little
it's the zombie 222
it has 1,800 foot pounds of torque

Yea, not much more than the little datsun 1200...