You guys ever have any exhaust work done? I'm thinking of having Borla ATAK installed...

You guys ever have any exhaust work done? I'm thinking of having Borla ATAK installed. Is this a good idea or is it a meme?

Its too loud. The medium borlas are just right

>proven to outflow a straight pipe
how

How loud we talking? It's hard to judge volume by videos, I just LOVE the sound and note tho. And a louder exhaust is desirable to me

straight pipes actually don't flow that well.

Pressurized air isn't a laminar flow, inner turbulence disrupts the stream, deflections off of the tubing create turbulence in flow.
I'm suspect of that claim, but its entirely possible for a muffler to flow better than a straight pipe. The question would be how much of a difference it actually made.

Looks meme tier. I'd just get a glasspack

It's for a muscle car, not a pickup. I hear it adds horsepower too

IDK man can you find away to listen what it will sound like? That's your biggest concern really. You're not gonna find any better information here.

Why wouldn't you use a glasspack straight through on a muscle car?
>adds horsepower
Like 1hp?

Unfortunately I can't figure out how to actually listen to it in person. There's videos, and it seems like it is universally lauded as a great exhaust system. I'm not even sure why I'm asking about it here, I guess I was hoping there were some fags who were autismal about exhaust. For the record it will be for a 2017 Scat Pack Challenger. I like the stock exhaust but I want something deeper. Throatier, more grit. Louder.

I was told it can add 10-50 hp

You won't get that changing a muffler only. Maybe if you change everything from the extractors back and you'll only gain if your motor is currently limited by the exhaust, which it probably won't be if you're close to stock.

SURELY it would be negligible

If you have a V8, the YouTube videos don't give it much justice. There's a lot more bass, you'll feel it in your chest.

>thinks mufflers don't restrict horsepower

sure just add mufflers to a top fuel dragster, won't be a problem bro

Your engine isn't a top fuel dragster, Goober. The difference between the autism you posted and a cheap glasspack would be fuck all.

Cut off my muffler put on a 2.5in glass pack. Fight me.

if you go out of your way to make your vehicle louder, you're an asshole.

I've got a v8, 6.4 liters. I want bass. I want it to rattle my balls

What a well-behaved citizen.

The borla site has high quality audio so you can listen for yourself

No.

>tfw I know I'm an asshole

Brap brap all day everyday

you're going to get one of two distinct sounds...

if you go true duals with no y/x/h pipe, it's going to be one loud fucking harley sounding monster.

if you do go y/x/h pipe it'll sound like a larger, droney version of the way your car should sound.

I have long tubes, careless midpipe, and magnaflow magnapacks on my mustang. Bitch really screams past 4k. Would highly recommend an exhaust system.

Catless*

I have corsa sport catback. No drone, not loud but it gives the car what it was lacking. I think this should have been the stock exhaust on the S550 desu