>Ford returning with a 4 car squad

and

>4 COUNT THEM 4 JACKIE CHAN RACING ENTRIES

Other urls found in this thread:

dailysportscar.com/2018/02/09/aco-press-conference-notebook.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>4 entries

Why is this legal?

>Larbre moved to LMP2 after years of racing corvettes because the c7r is not competitive

GT victory again

I'm not a Corvette guy buy Aston switched to a gay ass turbo V8 so this year I'm a Corvette guy

>One of the slowest amateur teams gives up in a class where the Corvette was one of the fastest
>moving to LMP2 and back to a C8.r
Seems like Larbre can't compete if the factory teams are still running them

10 bucks says toyota is gonna fail yet again.
Why won't those Jews over at FIA let the caddy, mazda, and honda run?

forgot pic

>All three 488s are AF Corsa

I'm guessing the #52 car is the Risi car since it's got Vilander in it. Otherwise GTE is really the class to watch this year. I'm really excited to see the ACO BoP dramas between the GTs and the bullshit that's gonna happen with the P1s and their EoT (Totally not BoP by another name.) BMW is gonna need a huge BoP break if it's gonna be competitive going into Le Mans, it's showing at Daytona was fucking sad.

#52 is Risi.
AF needed the extra firepower in case 2 cars blow up like last year. Since BMW is running a new car, its gonna suck until they get shit ironed out. Like when the Ford and Corvette debut. They should run a M6 GTLM just to have incase the M8s fail since that one is proven and has got a championship runner up under its belt (it only had 2 seasons which is depressing to see. Could've done extremely well this year).

Im more interested in GTE Am. Best racing usually because BoP cucks NA cars in GTE Pro

They still runn M6 as a GT3 car. M8s will only run as GTE I think

dailysportscar.com/2018/02/09/aco-press-conference-notebook.html

>The story with Corvette is not over though. It was not possible to enter another C7R in the GTE Am category. This car is aging and we would not have been in a position to secure a good line-up at Le Mans in 2018.

repeat after me:

The Corvette is not competitive

Power circuits like Le Mans and Daytona really play to NA engines in general, so getting the shit end of the stick in terms of BoP is pretty normal. M6 GTLMs can't run at Le Mans due to being 400cc over the displacement limit for turbo engines. BMW is stuck with the M8 for the time being. I generally never cared for the AM class, somethingsomethingsupersilverandsuperbronzesomethingsomething.

>not competitive because Larbre is slow as fuck
Have you seen their showings last couple of years?
>crash, lengthy pits, or blowing the transmission
They won in 2012 with a corvette and previous years running an S7.
>2011, they win
>2012, they win
>2013 switch drivers and lose driving the same car with the same AM field
>Le corvette slow we LMP2 now
>2015, blow the transmission in the C7
>2016, switch drivers and gets rekt by the same field again after a crash
>2017, in the pits for ages

but then theres GM going, MORE DOWNFORCE, CARRY OVER ENGINE FROM LESS DOWNFORCE ORIENTED CAR. It needs an aero redesign or a bump in power but FIA will just castrate it.
Of course its an old car. Its still using C6.R shit from 2010. At least with aston martin, they had massive upgrades done to it with some BoP boosts. Everyone else has redesigned shit while GM is trying to run based on reliability and put strategies. Then there is Larbre being slow as fuck since they ditched their winning drivers.

Completely forgot about the 4 liter turbo meme shit. What poweres the M8? I haven't been paying attention to BMW's efforts.

>MTEK
We /dtm/ now

stay BTFO

why? C7.R is doing fine

4L V8 Twin Turbo. I'm not sure 100% what they did, but I'm guessing they just reduced the displacement of the M6 engine to meet GTE regulations. And yeah the displacement regulations is absolutely retarded. But it's what was decided for GTE.

Yeah surely a caddy can compete :^)

WEC is trash. The faster it dies the better.
Just watch WSCC

>C7.R is doing fine
holy fuck, imagine being this delusional

GM has not taken a class win at LeMans in years

>toyota is the only major manufacturer in LMP1
What the fuck happened to Audi and Porsche?

Audi pulled out a few years ago, Porsche did the same a few months back to "focus on Formula E".

Basically dieselgate happened and VW couldn't afford to splurge on an LMP1 program anymore.

Fucks sake.

Neither has Ferrari, Porsche or bmw. What’s your point?

that no one can compete with the Ford GT

If I recall ford got btfo by corvette until Jordan “blow tires like blowin cock” Taylor binned it on the final lap and Aston Martin won. Not much competing from anyone.