Self-driving cars

Why do people think fully autonomous self-driving cars (not Tesla "you still have to watch the road and takeover" garbage) won't sell like hot cakes?

It will take just the first few early adopters bragging about how they can now go out and drink as often as they want without having to deal with taxi or Lyft, and every boozehound will be in line to buy a self-driving car.

people like to be in control. Even if they're actually complete shit at driving and probably shouldn't be in control.

You underestimate how rampant alcoholism and drug use are.

Because most people won't be able to afford them at first, and because self-driving cars will still have to share the road with erratic, unpredictable drivers, they'll get a reputation for being dangerous when they're inevitably involved in lots of accidents.

Self-driving cars are a great idea, but can only really work when every car on the road drives itself, and that's an economic impossibility.

well, more what needs to be done is there should be separated lanes explicitly for self driven cars

you overestimate it if you think enough people are that addicted to spend thousands of dollars on a car instead of just getting an uber.

>bike lane
>self driving lane
>bus lane
>car pool lane
>jogger lane
>walking lane
>repressed minority lane
>one lane for normal cars
this isn't a future you want user

>be driven around by selfdriving car
>niggers chimping out on the road
>car stops 10 meters away from them to make sure they do not get hurt

>getting driven around on the street
>suddenly fatima and her 6 shitlets run onto the road
>car drives you into a ditch at 100mph

>write something the government does not aprove of
>step into selfdriving car
>cardoors lock
>you get driven to the nearest fema camp

>write fake news harming Trump's ability to MAGA
>libshit jornalist step into selfdriving cuckbox
>"accidentally" malfunctions, smashing itself into an overpass pylon at 100mph
This could work out in favor of the based half of the country desu.

M8, the amount I drink there's no way I could get a car to drive me home. I can't even use the key on my fucking door.

>won't sell like hot cakes?

They don't come with a stickshift.

have fun taking 100% fault over every crash cause you were not paying attention. Insurance claims will be so much easier for us non lazy fucks

>be driven around by selfdriving car
>niggers chimping out on the road
>car stops 10 meters away from them to make sure they do not get hurt
>niggers notice rich fucks car stopped
>run up and rob the fucker
>trash whitey vehicle

good thing that the shortest route that will produce the least emissions goes through martin luther king boulevard

In full-automation (Level 4 autonomous driving), it will be the software's fault if the car ever crashes.

What we have with some Teslas now is Level 2 autonomous driving, where AI assists driving, but can't reliably drive the car all by itself, and the driver must be "supervising" it, ready to take over manually at all time.

>In full-automation (Level 4 autonomous driving), it will be the software's fault if the car ever crashes.

and you actually think that your insurance company will give a fuck? they will go after the easiest target (you). enjoy paying out the ass for all your 100% fault crashes.

why does it have a steering wheel?

the way i see it this can never work unless every single car on the road is autonomous and using the same or carefully matched software and taking every other road user into account by gps tracking (even pedestrians) because regular sensors tend to do weird shit outside of laboratory environments and are shit at detecting things further away which is neccesairy while driving at higher spĂȘeds. the software also can't predict the behaviour of a manual driver and is easily confused when the manually driven car does something unpredictable

on top of that they will have to enforce this globally and at the same time everywhere or a car or truck bought in X state or country will not function or cause accidents in another state or country which will properly screw over the transportation sector

tldr, it's all or nothing and it will never be all because too many people object against being driven around by your own car like a whimpy faggot

Because they don't work.

But they own a car anyways faggot so it might as well be this one

When you delegate your autonomy to a computer, you will be the one at fault when the computer fails. I guarantee anyone who buys a truly self-driving car will be required to waive their rights to demand contribution from the maker to the fullest legal extent.

I love how that mlk blvd reference STILL worked.

Eh, I don't think most people are going to be 'buying' brand new cars for much longer anyways.

Instead the majority of people will just rent cars as needed, like a service. This can be combined with self driving cars so you just have a driverless car subscription.

Then you no longer have to worry about parking your car, maintaining it, or dealing with registration. You only have a car exactly when you need it and don't have to deal with it the other 90% of the time when it would just be sitting in your garage

Just use your phone to indicate you want a ride, get in the car and arrive to your destination. Then the car goes off and pick up someone else.

>THE ABSOLUTE STATE OF SOY

>used to be huge early adopter
>now incredibly cynical and avoiding new tech
I'm going backwards and driving a computerless, carb'd vehicle. Until the actually ban gas/diesel I'm not doing it.