/ggg/- Guilty Gear General

Slut Edition

Last thread: Beginner's guide: docs.zoho.com/writer/published/3s2nhd0dcc35f4f504b4f91707d369ee87b9f

Steam group: steamcommunity.com/groups/guilty_gear

Make lobbies, announce region, platform, and how long you plan on playing for.

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/snk_oda/status/886810094977007616
kalavinka.co.uk/GUILTY/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Remember to sleep well guys

Boobeh

>Backing off puts you at a huge disadvantage. It's why leo v johnny is free for johnny.
Can't Leo just cover his approach with H sonic boom?

PC US West Coast Lobby
ID: dvmg
Just started learning Kum so don't expect any good matches against me.

What should I do after I set up a grider+charged stun edge on wake up?

>want to learn Baiken because I like samurai
>everyone players her because she has giant fucking tits
>she's also bottom 3 tier bad
god fucking dammit

I don't play Ky but my friend does, and he IADs in, using the projectile to cover him and hide his high/low mixup.

normally, go high or low and try and do the same thing over and over again. If there is like 4f delay or more just greed sever or stun dipper like a scrub.

Your main options are:
>run up and start pressure
>jump into air-dash/empty jump low 50/50 if in the corner or at some ranges midscreen

>everyone players her because she has giant fucking tits
Why does everyone care so much that other people use a character they like? If you like her, use her.

>play what you like
>people call you [charactername]fag

My tier list based entirely on matches from /ggg/

S TIER
Answer, Leo, Ky

A TIER
Jack-O, Jam, Elphelt, Sol, Raven

B TIER
I-No, Jam again, Ramlethal, Bedman

SHIT TIER
Everyone else, Jam again

so do you think they're gonna give us another half-baked character like answer or a completely lazy design like raven in gabriel and ariels?

jam really gets around

>Answer
based
what console?

East coast, West Coast, or EU? PC or PSN?
>tfw the already minuscule community is divided by platform and region

Seems you've got your mind set on being displeased no matter what.

How long do we have until we die?

I've only played on PS4 so far. I live on the east coast but I join all the PS4 rooms if I can

I plan on getting Rev 2 again on PC once I upgrade mine in a month or so, I wanna play you guys there too

I think we'll last atleast one more month.

But honestly right now we're way more active than /blaz/, that has to count for something.

all of the new characters fucking suck

elphelt: completely shat on the game for multiple versions, still is top-tier even after completely nerfing her buttons

ram: has tekken juggle combos that last longer than anyone else in the game

leo: half price anji

answer: ky with gimmicks and a c.grab

raven: probably the laziest design in the whole series

the only good new character is Kum, i'm very surprised they managed to make a new heavy character and not make him suck

>he's a ram/jamfag
you deserve it desu

you left out bedman and jacko. answer is nothing like ky

I don't want the dream to die. The Dragon Ball-Marvel Infinite shitpost war raging in /fgg/ has turned it into an even bigger piece of shit than it was before. Sure there's waifuposting and shitposting here, but at least we actually talk about the game and have regular lobbies and shit.

If these threads start to slow down it might be best to seriously think about bringing back Arcsys general.

answer is ky with shifty low dmg gimmick oki. replace ky's frametrap with a c.grab and there's answer in a nutshell.

oh, only he has no dp or any real defense outside of an Option-Selectable counter.

and ofc I forgot jack-o and bedman, they don't fucking bring anything outside of an 8-way jump gimmick or screen spam

oh jack-o can low profile you if she's not trying to take a minion shit i guess, kinda like a shitty ghost zappa

We'll see, we'll see, it's still early to talk about this stuff anyway.

Maybe. /blaz/ is pretty dead too. Why did arcsys general die anyway?

Oh shit I forgot about all that, I should go check /fgg/ to see how shitty it has become.

People actually enjoy Ram's playstyle?

I started playing her because of her appearance, but then I tried most other characters and I still like Rams playstyle more, only Slayer gets relatively close.

If only I could consistently use fucking dauro.

How do I git gud at defending? I feel like all I'm doing when I play is trying to get a knockdown and setting up grinders. I can't defend for shit and just mash DP/RTL when I get my shit pushed in.

>he forgot baiken too

Why Ky?

>Baiken
>new

At certain ranges Or depending on the level he can just mist finer that on reaction Or hop over it with jackhound Or super jump MF cancel while still having access to jackhound.
Leo doesn't have many ways in because johnny has multiple answers to all of leos approaches.
Evo grand finals kinda demonstrates this at the highest level of each character.

With the way she was implemented her and how shit she is, she feels completely new

Just practice my man, but nobody starts Ram for playstyle.

I don't think it's possible to start playing a character for it's playstyle since you have no idea about their playstyle unless you watch streams or like that.

Thats how I started playing Venom.

I just started with some easy characters and stuck it out with Ky and Leo later.

Sorry internet is going to shit, that's why our matches were getting retarded.
This usually doesn't happen so I'm not sure what's up. GGs tho.

>too autistic to talk in room chat
>couldn't remember the button for pre-set comms
>lost after getting danger time while in DI
all sorts of spaghetti right now

>found someone I only have 1-2 frames of lag with
>he smashes me really badly
>wanted to add him on Steam so we could play some more
>decided not to do it because I don't wanna bore him by being bad

I just want to have someone of similar skill level to play with under 3f lag. Everyone else is at about 7-8. 5 if I'm lucky. ;_:

Dead general. Just merge with /blaz/ already.

We don't even want to be here.

as a Ky player, this is accurate. In fact, there should also be a hitbox extending beyond his foot.

with 10000 active frames

But we are, and it doesn't look like we're going to be able to go back to /v/, so the best way to get new players would probably be to make a single arcsys general, and maybe having only one thread would get some of them interested in playing GG and vice versa. Especially when that new BB crossover game hits and they start getting more traffic from fans of the other 3 series.

Assuming g00ber vs bl00ber bullshit doesn't start up.

>merging with a general that story/waifu posts and doesn't play

I dunno. 6H Pilebunker was pretty convincing off the bat.

twitter.com/snk_oda/status/886810094977007616
I pray for the day we merge with /neog/

>Tfw I play both BB and GG

Real talk though, would anyone actually mind if /asg/ returned without the g00ber vs bl00ber bullshit?

can always just ignore the bait posting

Exactly. Bait posting has always been the bane of all generals, if we just ignore them we could actually talk about game play, characters and plot without devolving into chaotic manchildren's autistic screeching. I love both franchises and I would like nothing more than for these two to coexist.

I'd feel left out half of the discussion. I don't want to pick up another series when I'm already bad at 3.

I play mainly BB but I recently go GG Rev on steam, is there any character similar to Litchi?

You could still talk about Team Red's DBZ Fighters can't you? And you can always ask more people about the series if you don't wanna commit yourself to it. Heck I'd probably buy someone in here BBCT if they got interested just so they could try it out.

Its more helpful if you say what you particularly like about the character, but ramlethal has the same sort of either better neutral or screen control play.

Totally. I don't dislike Blazblue but I really, really don't give a shit about it. I played it from CT to CS and then stopped enjoying it once Xrd came out. They're different enough games for there to be two separate generals, and that's all there is to it.

Does she have good guessies?

Not sure, but shes a major qt. If you just want a cute chink that goes fast Jam might be up your alley

Ah! I remember her, yeah. I played Jam before she if I do remember correctly she was pretty good in GGXX, he had ki powers or something like that right?

Time to play both then since I like both their designs.

>pretty good in GGXX
Uh. Yeah, sure.

>Doing combo's mode for Ram
>Something like "2S > 5PK > 5PK >5KP >5PPP"
>"Piece of cake"
>took me an hour and I can only do it sometimes
I didn't realize I was so bad. The timing is way tighter than I expected, those links have got to be less than 3 frames.
Do most characters have tight timing like that or is Ram special for that?
I'm fine with either, I'm just curious

In all honestly doesn't both of them belong in /fgg/?

I'm not opposed to the idea of merging generals but there's probably a reason why these 2 generals are separate from the main fighting general.

that's her whole gimmick champ

Lobby is closed!
Thanks to plastic, siyao, anti, dezu, and jobbin for showing up and playing.

What are some good GG characters to play If I'm not good at long combos? I remember someone once said Kliff in AC+R was a good choice, but who else is there?

Don't bother learning a fighting game with that mindset.

Any character and go Stylish

>Doing Ram's combo mode
>I can't do it at all
>Look at the the example
>They're microdashing
>It's not explained anywhere or even listed in the inputs
>Even now knowing this I still can't do it
Fuck this bullshit.

Anwser questions, post results.
kalavinka.co.uk/GUILTY/

I'm kind of glad to hear that.
My execution has always been poor and unreliable in terms of precision, so maybe this is the breakthrough I've been looking for. Thanks mate.

I'm not sure but probably Potemkin. He's the grappler so if dealing big damage all at once is your thing then this might be what your looking for.

Of course, you can always trypracticing the long combo's. You'll get better at them. I know I am.

>pick pot
>6k loops

I got Millia with Kum as close second
These characters don't really interest me.

What's the highest damage cap you could do in a single combo in GGXRD Rev 2?

Infinite damage. If you combo into IK

I don't like Bedman's playstyle and I wouldn't want to play him.

I guess I should've excluded IKs.

You poor soul

I got Millia and El and Jack-O as close seconds. I like how each of them play.

For what it's worth I like Bedman as a character and his scenes in the story mode.

I love Elphelt!

Got Dizzy and Bedman was a close second who I also consider at first.

I got Milla and tied for Ramlethal when I did it, which is funny since the first character I felt like I meshed with was Milla before jumping to Ramlethal. love both there playstyles though.

I've done it second time and only rerolled Raven. I will probably pick someone else just because I don't like that fucker not to mention I'm casual masher who never went balls deep into any fighting game

How do I move from the "doing special moves as Sol" level of play onto something more respectable? I feel very directionless right now. Combo training fucks my sausage fingers up even with simple dudes like Ky and Sol and I have no idea how to actually use those few combos I can do during the matches.
Are the bnb combos at dustloop wiki up to date? I guess I'll just grind them out and play more.

To go from special moves Sol to something respectable you have to start thinking about what your opponent is doing and why they're doing it.

If you have a plan and try to play around your opponent you'll find you might be able to land the combos you can't seem to get going.

Also grinding out combos, block pressure, and setups. just go to training and try to grind out combos for all sorts of situations, anti airing combos, counter hits combos for all your normals, etc.

>nobody starts Ram for playstyle.
Dunno, I picked Ram for many reasons. Sick combo, good mobility and correct range were what made me decide

Faust?

>tfw we will never get another new character because arcsys is working on so many other games
;_;

Naw, we still got Gabriel, Daryl and possibly Izuna to work with.

if anyone on PSN NA is up i'm in the New England lobby, come fight my drunk Ky. Its not much different from my normal Ky.