Bought a 5 quart jug of Pennzoil Platinum for my last oil change...

Bought a 5 quart jug of Pennzoil Platinum for my last oil change. I drove cross country about 2000 miles and stopped at my sisters. Decided to check fluid levels before heading back home. Pulled dipstick and it smelled really fucking bad. There was also no oil on it. Popped oil cap off and it smelled like the oil had caught fire inside my engine. Burnt straight the fuck up. Never had this kind of thing happen on any car that I have owned. Ended up changing the oil and put what I normally use in. Drove 800 miles home with no issues. Been driving around town for about a week now and still no issues. I have to run some stuff in the next oil change to clean it out.
Im convinced that shitty oil left crap all over the inside of my engine when it burnt up. No damage to the engine as far as I can tell. I think I caught it in time. Avoid Penzoil Platinum. Danger to manifold! /blog

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uQ_vxdO_9nc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

You bought a Penzoil product? My roommate too his Mazda into a Penzoil service center for an oil change. They put a fucking lawnmower oil filter on it, literally the size of a kiwi.

They charged him $65.

your car is a piece of shit

i have over 270,000 miles on mine running the same exact oil no leaks or anything

it makes no sense to blame the manufacturer since 99% of all oil is from the same source, they just add different washing agents/additives according to the brand

Is your car high mileage? did you use high mileage oil?

even then, the whole thing sounds fucky, and I wouldn't just scratch it to "LOL PENNZOIL SUX", there is something wrong with your engine.

t. Mobil 1 High Mileage user btw

forgot to add, or it was a simply and stupid mistake (oil cap/filter wasn't tight enough)

Pennzoil Platinum is made from natural gas.

My engine only has 108k miles on it. I wouldnt call that high mileage. No issues with the engine either (no leaks). I normally use Mobil 1 and never had it smell burnt and never had any oil loss. I put Mobil 1 in before driving 800 miles home and it was all there when I finally got home. Ive driven about 150 miles around town since I got back and its all still in there and the oil cap smells like oil, not like an oil fire.

The brand of oil doesn't matter. It's all API certified. Could be a bad PCV system sucking out all the oil and making the engine burn it.

can u not read? the oil in the sump smell burnt. it wasnt being sucked out and burned off.

Hey dick bag if you're low on oil from it being sucked into the intake dont you think that would make less oil aka it being burned from the inside and make your retarded smell you describe

not him, but again, stop blaming the oil, there is something fucked in your engine, the oil switch just made it obvious, just because when you use Mobil1 and everything looks fine doesn't mean your engine ins't a ticking bomb

Hey fart knocker, did you know you can simply look into the fucking intake to see if there is oil in there? I can pull the air box off where the filter is and see if there is an oil issue there. There isnt.

The only thing that was different, the only fucking thing, was the oil and when switched back to the normally used brand it is just fine. But I guess it absolutely cant be the oil. Its totally impossible right?

Pennzoil is only compatible with a short throw dipstick, retard.

>But I guess it absolutely cant be the oil. Its totally impossible right?

you got that right, champ. it isn't the oil. I am not an oil expert but AFAIK, oils have to meet strict certification criteria, so at the end of the day, the brand of oil you use in your shitbox won't make a difference in 99% of cases

Think about it: if a properly working engine could fucked by a simple switch to a different brand of oil, wouldn't you think manufacturers had gigantic stickers on the hood "ATTENTION/ATENCION: ONLY USE MOBIL1 OIL. DO NOT USE PENNZOIL OR YOU'LL GRENADE THE ENGINE"...give me a fucking break. Your engine is FUCKED, you probably have a fucked gasket somewhere or maybe the detergents on the Pennzoil oil moved around old dirt that clogged your filter or something or the other...BUT STOP BLAMING THE FUCKING OIL

Uhhhhhhh, I used the penzoil when it was on roll back once and did the job just fine. What do you normally use?

What is your car? Year, make etc

To be fair m8 he might of just got a bad batch of oil. It's not unheard for stuff like this happened. You also seem stuck on the notion that his engine is fucked when OP clearly states he had no issues before or after using that oil. Also, OP didn't mention Mobil until an user mentioned he used it so it's not like this is a shill thread. Maybe you should chill.

If you use cheap oil on a brand new motor it will seize in minutes. I'm sure you don't believe me so feel free to look it up.

Every oil manufacturer has its own proprietary process "trade secret" to develop its products. The treatments matter for oil.

You know synthetic oil actually burns easier than dino oil right?

Likely your vehicle was running beyond cooling capacity on your cross country trip and you should have been running a higher oil weight to begin with. Oils are thinner at high temperature so 5w40 is thinner than 5w30 at high loads.

Going cross country on 5w20 murrika mpg recommendation bullshit in a vehicle packed with shit when Japan or any other country with the identical model recommends 5w30 and 5w40 for high loads is your own retardation.

>If you use cheap oil on a brand new motor it will seize in minutes
[citation needed]

ITT: a mobil1 rep tries to sow discord over pennzoil by saying it caught fire in his sump despite his engine being able to make nowhere NEAR the temp needed to get to the oils flashpoint

>You know synthetic oil actually burns easier than dino oil right?

holy fuck you need to do some research lol

>there's like 3 or 4 oil companies making this shit
>same shit in different bottles made by the same few companies
>even supertech is made by a major company

Literally all that matters is that you choose the oil type and grade you need them try to keep using the same shit over and over to keep the same concentration of oil ingredients. Shake the bottle up before you put the oil in because the additives settle to the bottom of the bottle.

>Also, OP didn't mention Mobil until an user mentioned he used it so it's not like this is a shill thread. Maybe you should chill.

you know, on an anonymous image board, 1 poster can pretend to be 2 people. its fucking magic.

>Literally all that matters is that you choose the oil type and grade you need

but thats incorrect.

youtube.com/watch?v=uQ_vxdO_9nc

>everyone on four changz is the same person

Veeky Forums is a program unique to each user. The threads, replies, and photos you see are all the result of fine tuning the simulation to suit the interest of each user. This post is no different

It was probably cooked from being too low

>a 5 quart jug
Those are getting returned full of used oil. Consider yourself warned.

...what?

I think he's implying that people are putting used oil into the jugs after an oil change, then returning them to the store, where they get put back on the shelf. I seriously doubt that would happen, though, because oil tends to have seals that make it obvious when a jug or bottle has been opened.

not to mention its FUCKING BLACK after use

>seals
Easy as fuck to remove cap without breaking seal.

U can't blame the oil. Oil is not causing engine breaks. Lack of oil, yes. But putting pennzoil instead of mobile 1 would not cause this problem. Who changed the oil? The likely issue is that you or Jiffy lube messed something up.

except most jugs have a foil seal on them retard.

Easy af to peel off foil.

>omg le deep used oil conspiracy
>my cousin's roommate's friend's son told me so

and put it back as tight as a fresh bottle? just admit you're a retard and walk away. The only way you're buying used motor oil in a jug is if your a complete moron and don't notice the seal is fucked.

By that point, you deserve it.

>as tight as a fresh bottle?
Yes just set the foil and tighten down the cap.

Also most brands don't have foil.

>being this retarded

every Mobil1, Penzoil and Castrol I've bought had it
stop spewing bullshit. post any proof that muh used oil conspiracy exists

shit brands don't have foil, good ones do. so if your going to buy cheap then lol fuck you. Also the used oil WILL BE BLACK AS FUCKING NIGHT.

>Yes just set the foil and tighten down the cap.

uh no. your reaching hard. the foil is glued down hard like a pill bottle. you need to pop it to get it off.