What's with the FWD bogeyman

what's with the FWD bogeyman

americans are afraid of corners

Veeky Forums are a bunch of autistic fucks that spew memes about every car they've never driven. They'll make up stupid shit if they have to because they have huge cognitive dissonance about everything they don't like

The amount of stupid shit I've heard out of people saying understeer is bad but oversteer is good because they have this retarded Gran Turismo logic where they can just whip their way out of an oversteer but understeer? no thats only for FF cars it doesn't exist anywhere outside of it and magically RWD cars can't understeer and FF cars CANT oversteer.

It's just a horrible driving experience. I'd rather walk than go FWD.

*gets passed by a Type R"

*needs computers to make up for inferior drivetrain configuration*

*Flies into an autistic rage because he's purely wrong*

>needs traction control on RWD or you snap oversteer anyway

Pros: lighter, less drivetrain power loss, takes up less space, more stable

Cons: Significantly worse traction, front tyre wear, unrecoverable understeer if pushed too hard

Verdict: FF is an econo-soy-cuckbox layout and is unsuited for racing

Mine doesn't have traction control that's never happened

>unsuited for racing
and everyone on Veeky Forums, your autistic self included thinks every car should be for racing

every interesting car should be suited for something other than driving stacy's fat ass to work

unfortunately, that is the only thing FF is good for

*Gets lapped by the Type R that passed him earlier*

wow case and point

nice memes you stupid faggot

>implying a type-R can even complete two laps without its engine exploding

yeah, sure

eurocucks are always behind the times. they still whine about automatic even though it's objectively, measurably superior to manual. and now they whine about FWD even thought it's objectively, measurably superior to RWD.

I wouldn't say either of those are superior to either, but euroshits ignore the advantages of autos and FWD and think manuals and RWD are superior when they both have their pros and cons that almost cancel each other out

What is considered a good time for a DD car around the burger king? Anybody else have a car that is on that list?

any time faster than a minivan

People don't know how to use it correctly, that's what's up with it

or they just keep making up memes about it.

>its another corporate marketer shill thread to get young people to buy shitty current production cars and dissuade them from features that were previously highly regarded, so that manufacturers don't have to accommodate car culture or driver preferences

*has no fun in his fwd factory riced meme machine*

driven both a spec miata (chassis stiffening, lightened, proper suspension, etc...) and a stock mk7 gti during HPDEs and the gti felt way better. not sure if it was just a confidence/feel thing but i am without question a better driver in the gti

They're just mad because they can't afford anything modern with more than 50hp

Japanese and American automakers started smoking the FWD crack in the 1980s since it was a way to reduce production costs and R&D for them since they could make countless different cars with the same powertrain. Only thing it took was any semblance of handling and road-feel

That plus automakers want to sell you the least amount of car for the highest MSRP they can get away with ergo FWD

You can just slow down and regain traction with oversteer, when understeer occurs in FWD you're pretty much at the mercy of whatever line the car feels like making. Most RWD cars are designed with mild understeer in the interests of predictability with handling. This can be overcame with tire choices and suspension modifications

I don't even consider FWD vehicles cars. They're like a Segway with seats more or less.

>implying the civic didn't handle good
>implying the dodge neon didn't handle good
>implying the oldsmobile cutlass Calais quad4 didn't handle good

>understeer in fwd
>drivers fault for being a fuckwit
>understeer in rwd
>le pres throtle get out of jail free card xxxddd

Thanks for proving my point you stupid fuck

You can just slow down in an understeer too

>FWD you're pretty much at the mercy of whatever line the car feels like making.
No this is dogshit, you can easily stop this by hitting the brakes, stop applying gas and straighten your tires and you'll slow down to nothing. Its really simple.

lmao

Every single car on that list costs far more than an 86, what's your point?

I've only owned RWD cars without TC until my current one, that never happens. I'd have to totally floor it on ice or sand to make the TC in my current RWD car to kick in anyway. Stick to your Mazda2 cuck hatchback if you think RWD is some instantaneous fishtailing deathtrap

>has such a turd he cant spin the wheels unless on ice
laughing my asshole off

>Verdict: FF is an econo-soy-cuckbox layout and is unsuited for driving overall

FTFY

>"cars only need to be soulless boxes we sit inside to bring us to our pointless cubicle jobs and routine errands like buying groceries"

Fast FWD= being the smartest retard

dont soys usually drive miatas?

Do you even read? I said my TC doesn't come on except for rare/extreme conditions. It rained earlier today and I peeled out across an intersection and halfway into the next block. I didn't say my car was incapable of spinning the tires.

>shill
go back to pol

so the cars shit
got it

poor people trying to justify the fact that they're poor.

just buy an mr2 and feel superior to everyone but porsche and exotic owners

he does food tray burnouts

>Outlier examples do not make up for the overall disappointment of driving FWD in the majority of other vehicles with FWD. From what I have seen you can make a Mini Cooper turn on a dime, despite being FWD, that doesn't make all FWD cars acceptable by extension

FWD is the Windows Mobile of drivetrains

>cobalt
>expensive

"unrecoverable understeer"

not for my car at least. it's 100% neutral on maintenance throttle, and will oversteer off throttle. The understeer is on throttle, which is an easy remedy.

>we can no longer use word that most aptly describes the circumstances of your employment because some racists use it
I see you have no real response
sorry but there will always be people who will always like fun cars and will never like the boring limpdick driving mechanics of the cars you would like to sell them

i bet you haven't driven a properly set up FF car before

he drove his mums 1.3 diesel hyundai as his first car
now his mum wont buy him a civic so he's raged lol

If front wheel drive can be set up to handle well, why isn't it seen very often in sports cars? Playing devil's advocate here

I've owned both and like both. Rwd is fun because the front end feels so light and with just a little gas you can drift. Fwd is fun because you can do almost anything crazy and just floor it pointing out of the corner and the car will recover. It feels much safer and my tc is the only reason my rwd G has not crashed yet. I do prefer rwd but people that bash fwd probably can't drive either

it leads to genius developments like pic related

Some FWD cars, especialy ones with twist beam rear axles, have a oversteer tendency.
You can avoid spinning out by means of countersteer and hitting the acellerator.
To recover from understeer, simply pull the parking brake.

because it's shit

That is from a AWD car...

>why isn't it seen very often in sports cars
Because it has more advantages for lower powered cars than for higher powered cars and does not typicaly allow for large engines.
Upsides:
>low drivetrain loss
>low weight
>low polar momentum of inertia
Downsides:
>load transfer under acelleration
>engine sieze is limited

It is always a trade-off...

Stop white knighting FWD, it's beta af

I think the only 2 companies that come to mind that ever did fwd half decently was VW and Honda, I think the GTI is still a great car, but anyone who has one above a certain horsepower has almost certainly thrown haldex into it and made it 4wd, If I had to get stuck with a fwd I think It'd be a GTI over a CTR, there's a huge difference in the modern ones.

>Stop white knighting FWD, it's beta af
As I said, it is always a trade-off.

Long wheel base = rwd
Short wheel base = fwd

nice projection cunt

It's case in point, dumbass.

Would people here really take a brz over a type r or v6 accord?

>Honda Civics are outliers

its true the fastest car around our track out of all classes is an FF.
But that is only because its a fucking stripped out stock engine ford puma. But it is only because it capitalizes on the ONLY FF advantage which is being very light.

But for braking, accelarating and handling more power RWD is the superior configuration, because guess what, you can't change of physics work.

and I find RWD a LOT more enjoyable. But I'd rather turn down a bimmer than a ford puma since I love featherweight more

Anyone arguing for FWD on a performance basis is absolutely a fucking contrarian. There are good performing FWD cars, but they perform well in spite of that, not because of it.

this.
>ff sports cars are good despite being FF not thanks to it

na they're good because they're fwd lol

>FF is an econo-soy-cuckbox layout and is unsuited for racing
>this is what RWDcucks believe

>unrecoverable

Learn 2 drive

>under 2l
Laughingsluts.jpeg

>unsuited for racing
Tell that to Jordan cox

No, FWD makes corners easy, especially in rain. Stomp on the gas? No problem. Losing traction? Let off the gas.

RWD is only superior if you put the engine in the back desu

>mk1 cupra

Cupras are AWD

>low drive train loss
In all seriousness, how much power does a couple more bearings, a driveshaft, and a diff soak from a system? I can't imagine it would be very much.

No.

Tfw RWD therefore suitable for racing

i would absolutely
the other two cars are giant
also manual v6 accord coupes seem to be VERY rare

>car made for sick slides at almost any speed
>loses on some meme "track" that ruins cars

These

the same reason noob's tend to be gear queers

>unsuited for racing
What percentage of cars on the market are built for racing?

FWD cars are easy to drive slow but hard to drive fast
good for low skilled people who are not trying to takumi it up

the reason being that they are slow to respond to driver inputs
and that at low speed they will follow the steering angle

at higher speed having to micro manage the amount of grip on the front wheels becomes a problem
as does the general lack of flexibility in the drive train

if a drift is required your only options are trail braking or feint drifting
and power can only be used to pull out of a drift (given enough power and traction)
reducing options to the extent one must know the road better and late apex wherever possible

ayy yo hol up

>incapable by design going quicker then 5 second 0-100km/h
>incapable by design going faster then 250km/h
>it's only advantages(lightweight and compactness) are negated by the fact that all new cars are bloated pigfats
First gen civic type r was pinnacle of what fwd can do.The only reason why fwd is as popular as they are the fact that they are cheaper to make/standardized platform for different body styles and because normies are docile animals that get druged in by big slogans and marketing,for them cars might as well be magic powerd by unicorn farts!

>FF
>F4
>MR

only acceptable drivetrain layouts

All drivetrain layouts are acceptable. Everything has its merits and drawbacks.

There are good FR cars, and IDK about any MF or other meme layouts, but keeping the engine away from the drivewheels doesn't amke any logistical sense. Granted, in 4wd cars it doesnt matter as much.

Just remembered i do know an MF car, that one nissan open wheel car I can't remember the name of, but that was made to skirt around the restrictions on downforce to the rear wheels and didnt work out very well.

stop replying to these faggot contrarian threads