/palg/ - Paladins & Smite General

Ying edition.

NOTE: You will be playing against bots in casual queue until you reach account level 5.

>OP Text (Needs updating!)
pastebin.com/6rn1s422

>/palg/ Discord
discord.gg/SNwXWHe

>Official pages
Forums: forums.paladins.com/
Server status: status.hirezstudios.com/

>FAQ, useful links etc.
pastebin.com/mx4LjKSz

>Patch notes (OB57)
forums.paladins.com/showthread.php?53313-Open-Beta-57-Patch-Notes-August-23rd-2017

>Steam Store
store.steampowered.com/app/444090/

>Paladins Wiki
paladins.gamepedia.com/Paladins_Wiki

>Tutorials made by Hi-Rez (playlist)
youtube.com/watch?v=2qlES6unUwY&index=1&list=PLfqXKYM_LlNyc6n9nhYujLyniK69nMFrB

>Champion guides made by Hi-Rez (playlist) - may contain some outdated info
youtube.com/watch?v=V5TSsepFwBM&list=PLfqXKYM_LlNwUxmoNDngInm4DnaanoKS9&index=1

>Decks
paladinsdecks.com/

>Counter Guides
paladinscounter.com/

>Account statistics
paladins.guru
mypaladins.com
masterpaladins.com

>Reveal Trailer (Strix):
youtube.com/watch?v=QAxD1twlnHk

>PTS (Play Test Server):
forums.paladins.com/showthread.php?13102-Joining-Paladins-PTS-and-Contributing-to-Development-September-27th-2016

>PTS Steam Version:
steam://install/596350

>Bug Reporting Thread (OB57 PTS):
forums.paladins.com/showthread.php?53315-OB57-PTS-Bug-reporting

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/13784473
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I want to nestle into Fernando's arms, knowing that he will always protect me!

Why that picture?

Why not?

I don't like mobile games, but I'll be checking out this thing just to see their character models or new skins.

The same reason why we started playing this game: It's free, so you have nothing to lose.

>tfw I signed up for both EU and America to increase my chances of getting in
I just want to know if they lied about taking resources from Tencent.

AYY YOO
HOL UP
WHERE DA CHESTS @?????

>win
>no chest
>i'm maeve

this

I've stolen them all in the greatest heist of the century
Ack ack ack ack
really though what chests

What's the best champ for bullying strix?

Please talk me out of dropping 200 on the Evie announcer. I'm getting tired of WetWolverine's voice

Same here user, Signed up in nanoseconds of the trailer being up.

Do it
>tfw have to save 35 every week to get it
Soon(tm)

She bullies you.

I WILL NOT DIE

stop
just stop
Smite isnt even fun, why do we go so low?

Evie is a bully, but she's the best announcer. BK's annnouncer pack still sounds off... not even because of the filter they used, he just doesnt sound like himself. Or maybe my ears are dead.

NOT YET AMIGO

>every fucking casual game is against 5 super serious tryhards who always pick the most broken shit while my team is just fucking around

why is it even called casual? just rename it "comp without draft"

Should just make /hrg/ so that we can all complain in harmony

because they infested us after we tried to join peacefully. they denied us a place in their threads, so we need to deny them a place in our threads

There's only like 2 people who play Smite

i'm still considering the possibility of a sale on announcers

is it just one fag making the OP forcing Smite into us?

yes

yeah, so why op keep making &smite threads? We need to fuck this nigga up

I made it this time. Sorry, but anyways...
strawpoll.me/13784473

>implying we could ever do damage to his 600 pound body armor of pure fat

Smite's playerbase is an actual graveyard. No joke, a literal dead person has their vods replaying for ~30 viewers.

smitefucks need to die

>cancerous OP maker is an evieshitter

of course

>implying we cant
just get cauterize

even wrecker wont help

why do you guys always rely on drogoz

of course caut will do the job, just you wait and see

tanks

that's it, flanks are absolute trash and cannot 1v1 him at all because his close-range damage is too high, and most damage dealers cannot close the gap reliably or make favorable trades.

why does paladins strike get fernando and we get hernandez

BTFO

evie drogoz and willo handle him nicely, especially because overwhelming majority of owlboys literally cant hit anything that isn't someone on the ground standing still

>strike doesn't show his handsome face
roflmaoing

wow rude

>tune into pal streamer
>he's whining
>tune into smite streamer
>he's whining
very interdastin

Ehh I don't really care. I have never played Smite and decided to just include that in the title since it has been so for several generals now.
Now if you'll excuse me, I'll go back into hiding again.

You got a point there. 35/per week is not much and I'd regret paying 200

not you, fag, talking about smitebabs

Smite should get its own general

>futa Friday

nice

>play some casual expeting it to be more chill than comp
>it's literally nothing but autistic one-trick mains since they cant instalock in comp

are there champ level rewards like at 5 and then 10?

What's currently the best Skye build in this meta? Saw surprisingly a lot of master tier players playing her.

Dart CD+Reload Speed on darts; then various hidden cards, and the stealth when low card at one point; cards that increase your Hidden speed increase the speed of the stealth from that card.

>casual
>sha ling ding dong, kinesaaaa and owlfaggot on both teams every game
>repulsor lacking ruckus means i can't just sit on the point forever
what is fun again?

I forgot to mention that Victory Rush is also very excellent due to how long its duration lasts.

>win a match against a high elo 4 stack
>+8
>lose a match against a high elo 5 stack
>-22

I just want to reach 3k so I can stop playing this garbage game once and for all

>paladingus

So I was going through some voice pack on the wiki and noticed that the new ones have way more lines than the old ones, did HiRez fuck themselves? They gonna have to record more lines with the old actors if they wanna push new gamemodes without triggering a riot from founders

flying means you just go up to them and kill them

your missiles give you a long-range attack skill that you lacked prior

So, do chest rewards for fwotd work now or do I still need to wait?

probably. a lot of the newer champions and skin voicepacks have spawn chatter directed towards the older champions, as well as older champions lacking VOX callouts for snipers, enemy and ally positions, etc. so if they want to implement any of that in the game they'd have to rehire all the VA's - god knows how much that costs.

fuck I played a bunch of games today. Am I not getting any chest now that I have all my fwotd?

I'm kind of concerned that they just won't do it and then I can stick my Founder's Pack along with the basic voice packs up my ass
That would be such a huge "fuck you" that they'd be retarded to do it, but it's Hi-Rez

It's not for anything malicious but we're completely different games.
Why doesn't Smite just get its own general? FF and FF14 have separate ones.

>ranked 2.0
>still caring about casual rating
>ever caring about casual pala guru rating
I got to 2960 by picking skye and strix for luls and there are people that try hard to get 3k lmao.

They don't have as many active posters. Guess they're all on reddit or some other platform

games not booting for me after this update -_-

>Makuddles!

Gay as heck, my dudes.

Thanks user.

>/smgen/ refused to allow paladins discussion
>paladins started their own general
>paladins becomes a thing and smite died
>remnants of /smgen/ try to live in /palg/

Shoulda made a Hi-Rez General like was suggested a long time ago.

Can Smite be redeemed at this point? I tried playing it again it felt so clunky

It's to do with population size, for example shadowverse general used to be part of /mobbage/ untill it got popular.

Nope.
It's just so damn rigid and slow. And the game is hideous.
If they were to release a Smite 2.0 that has the same fluidity as Paladins, I'd hop on that asap. Otherwise the game is fun with all these interesting gods.

Nobody gave a fuck about people posting about paladins in smite gen.

Debilitate is now a very strong anti-tank legendary-considering the increased popularity of frontliners, it's only natural she'd see increased use.

how long do seasons last?

So whats the best way to carry games in this game? Support? Front line? Flank?

It's complete garbage. 500 bonus damage on stealth shot is far more useful since it adds more burst damage than debilitate on any target below 5k health and even if you attack 5k+ hp target like nando or ash with hp cards you only would get like 20-30 damage more.

The best way got deleted

>below 5k health
wew lad

FL, the only issue is that you get below average rating because you won't be sitting on point.

Fernando and Makoa still exist.

support

it adds 10% of max hp in damage total if you hit all 3 poison bolts. 10% of 5k target is 500 so you target need to be over 5k health for it to be of any benefit over 500 flat damage from stealth.

Yeah but you can use her RMB more often than stealth, two RMBs for 1 stealth even. There are situations where you cannot or are unable to use stealth. And if like the one user above suggested, use cdr cards for her poison then I can see how it outclasses her other 500dmg legendary against tanks.

Trench warfare themed mole person when?

GET OUT OWLBOY

>hirez making non-humans anymore

No more furrys.

i'd rather have a spiked armadillo champ that rolls across the battlefield

>when u challenge makoa

mite b gud

I've really wanted to see a frontline oriented towards debuffs, with the idea being that he protects friendlies by making enemies shit.

>LMB: Auto shotgun. Terrible damage, but with a decent rate of fire and tight spread.
>RMB: Poison gas grenade. Detonates on impact, leaving a cloud in place. Enemies in the cloud are slowed and take damage over time. The effect persists for a few seconds after leaving the cloud.
>F: Tunnel. Go underground after a brief animation, becoming untargetable and charging forward. Enemies in your path are knocked up.
>Q: Blindsight. Mark an enemy target. Marked targets suffer a damage penalty against everyone except for you.
>Ultimate: All nearby enemies are silenced and have dramatically reduced accuracy.

I got a discount on the Exalted Androxus skin that makes it only 100 crystals. Should I goy out?

so just some quick spitballing with high health versus low health targets, using Fernando due to his playrate and Evie, since she has the lowest health pool. This is assuming no falloff and 100% accuracy:
it takes Skye 2 seconds of fire before she has to reload, without Debilitate, you only get half damage from Bolts in this time frame:
2 seconds of fire versus Fernando:
Debilitate: 4800/5000 (2800+2000)
Surprise Attack: 4050/5000 (2800+500+750)
1 second of fire (quarter effect from poison bolts, half from Debilitate)
2400/5000 (1400+1000)
2275/5000 (1400+500+375)
2 seconds of fire versus Evie:
Debilitate: 3520/1800 (2800+720)
Surprise: 3570/1800 (2800+500+270)
1 second of fire
1760/1800 (1400+360)
2035/1800 (1400+500+135)

It keeps dying because there's literally nothing to discuss in Smite due to their stale meta and all of the events being buggy cashgrabs.

Fuck you

Sure, if you like the skin.

casual before 6pm is too casual tbqhwyfafil

So while Surprise Attack DOES contribute to more burst damage versus very squishy targets, the difference, at its greatest and most dis-favorable, is 275 points of damage. What you also need to factor in, however, is that Surprise Attack has MUCH greater downtime than Debilitate does, so even if it does contribute slightly more damage in certain flank 1v1s, you're looking at a minimum downtime on hidden of 11s, 14s uncarded, with Smoke Bomb having a base 12s CD and Emergency Exit starting at 40s. Whereas Poison Bolts can be spammed every 4s with Poisoner IV, meaning you get to put out much, much more damage over the course of a game, while also melting medium-to-high HP characters.
Debilitate is the all-around more useful card.

Hey, I didn't make that shit last 12 seconds.

>Marked targets suffer a damage penalty against everyone except for you.

I don't give a shit about mole people but I'd like to see something like this implemented at some point.