/scg/edg/ Star Citisen / Elite: Dangerous General #193

Gamescom Ad Edition

ED info:
pastebin.com/zEufftYe

Open Beta for 2.4 is up soon, you should be able to access it through launcher if you're a PC player.

Announcement vid /w contribution from our lord braben: youtube.com/watch?v=PX49v8zYutI
youtube.com/watch?v=jmVEYZnDZf8

>Frontier Official YT
youtube.com/user/FrontierDevelopments/videos

It is the standing Recommendation of /scg/ that if your game package contains an Aurora MR, Aurora ES or Mustang Alpha you would be well served to upgrade it to an Aurora LN. It's only like ten bucks and provides a significant increase in firepower and survivability without any real downsides.
Be aware, this is the gateway drug to wasting your life savings on spaceship jpegs, keep your discipline and don't upgrade further unless you specifically want to buy Ben more eyeballs(and cheese), finance Sandi's dreams of being a C grade actor, fuel Chris's cocaine habit and send Erin and Brian into crippling inescapable depression.

>newFAQs
pastebin.com/7194hpmf

>Star Citizen Official YT
youtube.com/channel/UCTeLqJq1mXUX5WWoNXLmOIA
unity

>Other games:
pastebin.com/cugkem8w

Above is a pastebin of games you can play while waiting for SC and E:D to become playable.
However these games are not the topic of this thread.

Old and Shitposted:

First to Ads

First for hot paintjob

What time are they presenting today?

When the SC newsletter is posted today someone post it.

You can watch the presentation on our [REDACTED] Citizen Theatre 3.0.0.0 (like MST3K if you watched it). It's going to have the whole crew from Redacted on there including me, and we will be giving more ships away.

Almost 6 hours from now expect the usual CIG stream delay so add 15-60 minutes.

24rd for another ship sale

Is it going to be on youtube?

Probably but it will defiantly be on twitch.

thank you family, I want to know more about this game before I put money in it

Oh yes, it will be on probably first thing tomorrow morning, but it will be glorious to watch live if you can. Also, Team [REDACTED] will be giving out a special ship, so you know you don't want to miss that live on our channel.

What is confirmed for today

>ship Ad
>no Sq42
>

Am I missing anything else? They've kept relatively quiet on what to see this year, and they barely hyped it. Not a bad idea considering last year gamescom and citizencon, which were hyped and fell to shit.

honestly just come back in 2019. I unironically don't think this game will be in 4.0 before then.

Reminder that the 3.0 servers will only be able to handle 24 players at the moment.

>planetary demo
>10 people max
>server reset every 15 minutes
>lags out of the ass
>ships operate in zero g physics on surface of the moon

Their should be a free fliy event soon or when 3.0 launches so you can play the game for free and try it out. If you do buy make sure to get the $60.00 package that includes SQ42 which is the single player campaign.

If you want to back do so whenever but I recommend only playing when 3.0 launches since the game will be much better than it is right now which is 2.6.

You guys are stupid if you think we won't have at least 100 per server by the end of the year.

600i jpg sale

That's cool, I don't even have money to afford a rig that can run this right now
All my plans are for the future, and since the game doesn't look like it'll come out any time soon I'm in no rush
I just want to keep up with the development

We might get 3.0 by then if we're lucky.

You just gave yourself away desu

What's that ship parked next to the Andromeda?

>600i jpg sale

How else do you think CIG makes money to support the game? You are an asshole, and a stupid fuck. The ships are coming out.

>ship Ad
I know that already. They really haven't given us anything.

>24
m8 they've said that it struggles handling more than 10 - 13 players right now. Anyway, right now we have at least another 3 or 4 months until it's even in Evocati, so it might change. fingers crossed.

>responding

>server capped at 24
>systems cut down to 3 (maybe 4)
>still haven't showed cargo working
>everything they do show is buggy as fuck
>sq42 still in greybox
>survival mechanics like shitting and showering will be mandatory
>no quest giver instancing, so you have to literally form a line to talk to him and hear the same thing he told the 23 ppl in front of you
>ppl are going to just sit in the chair and never get up

Did I miss anything?

I may have given myself away, but I havent awayed myself from giving to what has been given the most while being away.

Fuck off twerp17

They said they are doing 30 tick servers for 3.0 and Erik on todays stream said they were working on performance right now so who knows how it will be once the update launches.

yes, BUY OUR NEW JPEGS

>working on performance now
Like they haven't been for the past year and a half?

i was watching this guy briefly earler today.

Why aren't you still watching?

Seperate thread for star citizen
We don't need erectile;dysfunction anymore

@187185693
nice try :^)

kys

stop trying to split up the general.
NMS isn't joining and ED/SC aren't splitting.

The general is the way it is after years of trial and error.
This format works, fuck off.

So when is star citizen getting released again

Glad to see some anime posters around here.

>still haven't showed cargo working

Is this true? That was supposedly the main gameplay feature of 3.0

Two

our game has enough posters and content to keep it alive make your own general leech
sage

They've shown cargo hauling in AtV.

years?

Has 3.0's trailer been uploaded yet?

please stop this farce
How do you have so many reaction pictures of him

>trying to sage a thead on Veeky Forums
lol?

>released
l o l
They are now pushing this slow trickle until it's "a presentable product we're all happy with.". So, no formal release. gg

Doesn't matter, cultists will just scream "not a true release" like they are now after Chris cut back the systems

Does SC still run like shit? Been half a year since I checked in, it dying/released yet?

>our
>we
>us
(You)

I'll let you guess.

They showed pucking up and dropping a box

they did not show cargo hauling

Ask again when the 3.0 is out.

wtf why are his eyes so far apart

They showed picking up a box, dropping it in a ship, and flying the ship with the box in it. They also showed buying and selling cargo. What else do you need?

Out with the old in with the new

>our

They are?

fuck off cunt

eta?

They showed the screen that will be used for it (which is awful because Zane sucks at UI/UX)

they did not show it actually functioning and adding/removing items from the ship

>buying and selling cargo
when? How have I missed this. Post proofs

kys

Most likely October.

>they did not show it actually functioning and adding/removing items from the ship
They did though

oh look a samefag.Elite and Star citizen are seperate genres at this point the only thing keeping us together is that elite can't have its own thread without dying every hour

According to Chris, before 2018

realistically, 2018

Was supposed to go to

(sorry about that guys)

Sooner than you think, farther than you'd like

>how can more than one person disagree with me

Hide and report you stupid fuck

dads go here

Why can't we all just get along and be miserable together?

For what reason?All we get from this is proxy wars and shitposting.This is for the best of both communities.

why are you responding to him? just report them and move on.

where. I'd like to see them getting cargo, and then selling it for currency in the game.

Did the LN colors always look that horrible? I remember it being more saturated, but it's been a while since I've seen an Aurora.

All they showed wa smoving a slider on a UI and said "this is how it will work one day"

they didn't show it affecting a ship or the player's bank account

Eleech can have its own thread we have ours you shouldn't be so upset about this

woo lad the shit posting is going to be bad today because of the stream make sure to liberally use the report button.

Sometimes the janitors are pretty ok. Have a adorable kitten.

I thought the decision was to revive /spacegen/ and let SC fuck off into it's spiral of financial despair.

You have to wait until after the presentation flops for being a shallow and obvious money grab.

have a polaris

I can't even remember what the "old" Aurora was like, didn't think it was that bad though, and people aren't really going to be spending that long in one

The presentation has always been like that, with a mix of actual hype. You think we aren't fully aware of it after 4 years?

Fuck yeah. I'm downloading the fuck outta that jpeg.

Dull grey and baby shit yellow has always been part of it's design.

>decision
one faggot shitposting =/= decision.
>financial despair
if there's one thing CIG is adept at doing, it's parting fools from their money with pictures. It's pretty incredible. Today I hope their 600i ad gets booed on livestream. Last year was bad enough, but one can only hope.

It was more saturated. It looked painted instead of plastic.

>it's one guy argument
>shitposting

What the fuck are you talking about? That discussion was pertaining to the future of both generals.

Could be worse, at least it's not LE BIG BENNEH xD skin

I wonder if hello kitty allowed this and if not how long until these skins are scrubbed from the game under legal duress

NA people are still asleep
these are eurofags

Nothing says please shoot me on sight than a bright pink copyright infringement.
Might as well put o7 all over it.

Hull plating folded a mirrion times

It's 8:53 am in Freedom land.

>discussion
once again, there was no discussion. There was a NMS shitposter, he wanted to include his retarded game here. People told him to fuck off. Then he tried falseflagging and saying the thread should split, because he couldn't handle people being happy without his sorry ass game in their thread. People still told him to fuck off. You can even see the failed attempts at creating separate threads.

/scg/edg/ is perfectly fine as is.

Feel free to share pics of your No Man's Sky farms here

>not having a Big Benny's Caterpillar vending machine delivery ship.

>/scg/edg/ is perfectly fine as is.
how delusional can one person be?

lifetime insurance.webm

>tfw SC will never have flak cannons that you can load random shit into
>tfw you will never killed redditors with big benny's machines

I remember years ago Croberts promised that we'll be able to use tractor beams to sling asteroids into enemy ships :^)

kek. I think the problem is that currently their is no planet gravity for ships in flight. IFCS acts as normal and ships don't really fall yet, which is surprising for all of the planet immershun shit

CRoberts promised everything and the kitchen sink.

Maybe all of the features will be implemented, maybe he just said yes because he knows it will be added within the next 5 years...

Now I want to start a kickstarter too.
Say its the greatest game ever that will include every possible feature you can think of, but not say the timeframe of when it will be done. This way, I will never be able to be proven a liar.