/tswlg/ The Secret World Legends General

Wampyr Edition.

Last episode content: >FAQs:
secretworldlegends.com/faq/
secretworldlegends.com/news/steam-launch-info/
store.steampowered.com/app/215280/Secret_World_Legends/

>Guides:
tswdb.com/miscellaneous/the-ultimate-beginner-guide/
reddit.com/r/SecretWorldLegends/comments/6j2qkc/hopefully_complete_guide_to_all_things_swl_made/
reddit.com/r/SecretWorldLegends/comments/6kr224/guide_to_gear_and_upgrading/

>Latest Patch (2.03) notes:
secretworldlegends.com/news/update-2-0-3-patch-notes/

>Automatically join Veeky Forums (ded) & Sanctuary (community help) chats:
forums.thesecretworld.com/showthread.php?74514-Scripts-for-Customchats
Create two text files in your SWL/scripts folder (might have to create the scripts folder first)
Rename them to auto_login and auto_teleport , WITHOUT a file extension.
Put the following text into the files:
delay 5000
/chat join vidya
/chat join sanctuary

Today's meal is fish. So remember, if you packed some fish in your backpack, eat it quickly before it turns sour.

>Latest Patch (2.03) notes
>Blyatman in charge of creating SWL thread

new content update can't come soon enough

looking for cute scenes alone isn't sufficient to keep my interest in this game alive

Those Orochi guys have guns looking straight outta Mass Effect. Fuck, their entire tech looks straight out of Mass Effect. I'm surprised their soldiers get turned into floor stains.

Fuck. Just typed Secret world legend patch, it's the first result. Tought the latest one would be the first.

You're welcome to create those threads tho, can't always be there.

>Get into Egypt

>feel awful doing quests because I'm killing actual humans now

I don't know why but it feels really bad compared to destroying munsters in Kingsmouth

There isn't a lot of human features left in those drones though.
Even the phoenicians in SC weren't as hollow as these guys.

>This is the face of humanity

Think of it as putting them out of their mistery

I mean who hasn't been suckered into some false belief or crazy group in their lives. These people just need to shake it off.

Faction PVP when?

Anyone know where Ankh Legend 7 and 8 is located? I've looked but can't find it anywhere

you really shouldn't feel bad about it
>filth-infected
>shitty god
>they want to kill you
maybe just pretend they're brainwashed Muslims playing jihad if that helps

Nevermind found it

7 drops if you kill all the agents

8 drops when you kill that lone filth enemy in the big stairs

>actual humans
Atenists are all filth infected, just not as visual as the hordes you already killed in Solomon Island.

>fix elite rewards
>now the group finder takes ages because players are spread over E1-4
I understand why Fuckcom made 10 Elite tiers (gotta sell those cache keys), but did they seriously not realize the game isn't fucking big enough to accommodate ten fucking tiers?

Just your typical tank in E4

>TSW
>you can easily vendor basic purple tank gear and kickstart your tanking set
>SWL
>you need to waste valuable time and shards to level it from ground up (or use cache keys goyim)
I'm not surprised.

that dead man must have a very long flaccid dong

People give up way too soon though. Had a group retreat cause some dumpass pulled a pack in the ankh in elite 3 ...a pack we killed with just the guy who pulled dying...he then did the retreat option and they all voted yes. when you wait 40 min only for that shit to happen you tend to lose it

>cause some dumpass pulled a pack in the ankh in elite 3
I would have voted to kick or retreat there myself, it's inexcusable to pull that pack. You can litreally avoid it with 100% consistence, it's like getting at least 100 on a IQ test.
If you fail that, there is really no hope for you.

It's a stupid impulse though. You retreat, then you have to wait another 40 minutes.

It pisses me off more when people rage quit on the first wipe. E1-4 is pretty much fool proof on the long run, but mistakes can happen. You can make most groups work with enough patience and it will take less time than 40 minutes of queue.

>You retreat, then you have to wait another 40 minutes.
Would you rather waste time, then eventually have to retread and then wait 40 min?
Or would you like to cut your losses early and move on to do other shit.

>E1-4 is pretty much fool proof on the long run, but mistakes can happen.
Money with a type writer something something....
Nice logic but fuck off if you think I will give pubs enough time to write Shakespeare.

> and it will take less time than 40 minutes of queue.
I rather do 40 min of stuff I like and have a good dungeon run in 15 min than to slowly wear myself down with retards in a dungeon for 40 min.

thing is we killed the pack, we where ready to start klein but the guy who pulled it and died was the one who started the vote. Why would 3 other people vote yes then? Just simple stupidness in my opinon.

Retreating cause you wipe on a boss twice because you lack the dps or people are too braindeas to avoid shit i can understand, but retreating after you pulled a pack which we kill is being a retard.

>never giv up, never surrender XD

Best girl

>nu bread
Nice! But it seems we're only alive during Yuropoor a clock, noone in burgerland plays this?

game seems really active during yurotimes, not so much during na prime time

During euro times can get elites poping left and right.
Na times, I can be qued for 1-4 elites and wait 30 min or more.

I'm a burger but i forget to keep the thread bumped most of the time

It's a shame really, what with it being a pretty decent game

Feels to me we should really start using the vidya channel more. We can't keep this bumped constantly.

are we spelling it in caps or lowercase like sane people? because I'm too lazy to add 4 more characters to my script

Lowercase, #vidya

great way to kill possiblity of new people joining.

we can still keep the thread, but not using the ingame chat is silly

but we are using the in game chat

>regret not joining dragon
>already lv25
t-templar for life i guess

>lvl 25
>a big deal

bro I have an alt that I only do dailies in kingsmouth with and it's lvl 25, just start over if it's what you really want. templar IS best though

Yeah it's a shame the game is so unfriendly to having alts. You're mostly missing out on Dragon's awesome post-mission briefings though, and I think derplars may have better faction missions in between KM, Egypt and Transylvania?

Does this answer your question?

I thought that qt3.14 was for public display inside Inbeda's bathhouse?

Do Illuminati demons from hell look like degenerates to you?

>implying Inbeda isn't a man of refined taste and cultivation
Plebs apply for membership in lesser establishments

>Funcom gave Cassie pantyshots in her last appearance
wasn't Norway supposed to be country of cucks?

>people denying the fact that lumies are best faction due to Geary's inherent perfection

Is there an active group for this general to join?

Been wondering about this myself, some steam group or whatever? Would be pretty comfy to do lairs with Veeky Forums.

It is, but everyone plays dps so the public queue never works. I levelled up some healer gear lately. Instant queues. Feelsgoodman.

there is a secret group

Post your dps pie!

Check with backpack and chirurgicalgloves-kun.

>that feel when you've had a productive day
comfy

Is this patrician headgear available as a clothing unlock?

Not to my knowledge.

What are some of your favorite missions, /twslg/?

I like the Haunting in Blue mountain, I mean it glitched out on me and was a pain in the ass, but I love time traveling to the same place different times throughout history and seeing the differences.

Bullets for Andy :^)

the castle

post costumes/outfit pieces you'd want to see in the game!

>tfw Synthwave is my preferred music to listen to when playing vidya

Daily reminder Templars>>>>>>>>>>>>>Illuminati>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>shit>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Dragon

>straya cunt
>always been charged in USA beans
>steam launch
>suddenly euros
Truly, Funcom are the uberkikes.

I mean what's the difference in 10 euros and 10 dollars, probably nothing goy, just pay up. Are you literally going to have an autistic fit about pennies? HEY EVERYONE LOOK AT THIS AUTIST!

The Broadcast
Virgula Divina
The Vanishing of Tyler Freeborn
Call of the Nameless sequence
I used to love Egyptian time travel adventure too, but with all the bugs in swl I will probably never do it again. (not to mention no signet bag)

You have it backwards

Deus Vult friend

amen

>got wrecked by the Illuminati because they got haughty

lel worst faction

Hows that explosive chip in your head doing?

Why do anons hate Dragon? They're the only faction with no strings attached, you're free to do as you please as long as you leave a mark.

What's the likelihood of the road map releasing to schedule?
I am thinking fifty-fifty up to the point that we're meant to get new content. At that point I would drop it down to a hopeful 5%.

Remember to farm your daily Marks of Flavour OR ELSE

All factions have you do the same thing. Your reasoning doesn't make sense from a gameplay perspective unless you are roleplaying hard.

This game wasn't made well enough to accommodate faction differences, mainly because the original plan was to have Templars as the only player faction. With a bigger team they probably would have had different missions or mission paths for different factions but all we have right now is Templars painted blue and Templars painted green.

I like all 3 factions, but dragon the least. The quality of the writing and thought behind them is just way lower than the naughties and templars.
It's exactly as you say, you are free to do what you wish, but with the tightly controlled story and fixed quests that supposed agency does not exist.
On top of that is the almost total absence of dragon related missions in the game. They feel like a bit of an afterthought, or an attempt to have a third faction for DAoC style warfare.

I like Dragon

they're the least cliche and overbearing of all the factions

>least cliché
They're nothing but cliché. Eastern woo shit. It's fine to like them, but you are talking out your arse.

Got to agree with this, having played old tsw with one of each faction i just didn't like the dragon at all. I just made two templars and an illuminati now since dragon feels tackled on. the whole chaos thing isn't bad, but it's just...the dragon itself is just meh, none of the clan is likeable besides tokyo joker who's not even pure dragon

t. didn't play Dragon

have fun with your corporate tryhard lumies

and stuffy british caricature templars

GET ONLINE, it's happening

Who gives a shit?
>t.

Don't die.

dieeeeee stupid jew game

same

Can you use the AR in a dps only role? that ultimate grenade seems really strong but it only seems to have two average attacks

I'm using it with decent success. Granted I'm only doing Elite 2 right now, but seems to be fair damage-wise.

>level 50
>haven't even cleared Scorched Desert

JUST

you can use anything you want, but people can and will give you shit for not being meta, and in time not having a high enough dps to let the group skip mechanics

Is it a good idea to have one or two talismans with heal rating as dps?

why?

What's the point? You have a healer in group content

Even if it dies, we won't know it until Funco runs out of old TSW content to re-release. Steam player numbers have already halved since release, I don't expect it to live for much longer.

>Gonna be dead before Fusang even comes out
Makes me sad.

Same exact guy tried tanking KM lair with 1 healer, lol