>FAQ
pastebin.com/Q7K91Q34

>What to Play
pastebin.com/yfUKx35f

>Individual Game Pastas
pastebin.com/V7MzidCu

>News
Postchengband v7.0.0 released: angband.oook.cz/forum/showthread.php?t=8500

InfraArcana v19.x has been released: sites.google.com/site/infraarcana/downloads
IA v19 Changelog can be found here: raw.githubusercontent.com/martin-tornqvist/ia/v19.0/res/release_history.txt

Angband 4.1.0 has been released:
angband.oook.cz/forum/showthread.php?p=122044#post122044

>/rlg/'s shared DCSS online account
User: rlgrobin
Password: ownfault (or "robin" on Xtahua)

>Roguelike Servers:

roguenex.us/ (CDDA [and more in the future])
angband.live/ (Angband and variants, including PCB)
sites.google.com/site/infraarcana/home (InfraArcana)

Other urls found in this thread:

dungeoncrawlers.org/top-100/
dungeoncrawlers.org/top-100/?average
youtu.be/OniMpPclAzs
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

C:DDA > Elona > ToME > every other ascii permadeath garbage

First for Nethack

t.kevin
I'm trying to get into Elona but it's a rocky start.
I don't necessarily mind the grind but what are some fun classes/races to start as?

Go with a race that's somewhat vanilla, not fairy bullshit or other races with too massive advantages/disadvantages then you can't go wrong. Like Elea, Eulderna or similar.
Class matters very little, you're going to get every skill in the game anyway. Warmage is versatile because you will almost certainly want to cast some spells even as a melee heavy character.

Unless you absolutely want to meme right off the gates, Warmage gives useful combat and magic skills and one of the arguably best and general-purpose class feats.
Agreeing with , but when you're ready to go all in Golem dim immunity is very nice.

>fun
Snail tourist, or mutant.

no

It's dead.

Don't worry I backed up our save.

>Grindlona
>Good

>roguelikes
>good

*kills your general*
Heh...Nothin personnel....shitters....

Why do you any of you still play roguelikes when you could be playing fun games like literally anything also?
Also where will you go when /rlg/ finally splats for good?

ded genre
ded thred

Those are all good roguelikes
Yes, I said it, berlin interpretation can suck my left nut

wrong one

I saw you die.

>C:DDA
>ToME
>DCSShitters all on hiatus
>that one autistic nethack poster
The absolute state of /rlg/ everyone

C:DDA > DCSS > Everything else.

>DCSShitters all on hiatus
Fucking awesome.

DCSS is literally more dead than Battleborn

praise to the user who posted Blind Guardian in last thread

I mean you're wrong but whatever

are there any first person roguelikes where I can achieve 60 FPS?

dark souls but you'll need to use mods

>first person roguelike
Do you mean dungeon crawlers/blobbers like Might and Magic?

did the last thread reach bump limit or did it just die off?

It was past bump limit for a while, yeah.

It hit bump limit then no one made a new one for about an hour

The first-person version of DoomRL is decent. You could check that out.

Also, dungeoncrawlers.org/top-100/

why does Veeky Forums derefer urls? Is it botnet?

Veeky Forums doesn't even embed links by default. I have to copy paste them, can't click it.
Blame whatever addon you're using.

>slaying morgoth as an edain while listening to nightfall in middle earth
Only through blind guardian one can truly appreciate the purity of Sil.

>top 100 dungeon crawlers
>first place: Legend of "4 spells per school, shit classes, most shallow combat system" Grimrock
>close page

I set that in the setting

I'm playing DCSS on terminal for the first time now and I have to say I really like it. I looks kinda good after getting accustomed to it and I play much more safe.

Oh, sorry. For some reason, the list is sorted by most votes by default, instead of highest average score. Try this one:
dungeoncrawlers.org/top-100/?average

Im on level 6 of dreadfall, this might be my first run of killing the master! fuck yeah.

dangleteep

Educate thyself.
youtu.be/OniMpPclAzs

pls don't let the thread die until I watched this video I promise I will bump the thread one time then

That's a big video

This made me think of that guy who was making videos about hitting L50 in Tome2 without leaving Bree as an alchemist, I gotta check if he finally did it

How long does it take for influenza to go away? It's been almost two weeks.
I started taking cough syrup and vitamins every day.

for you

Too much time
Dont forget to not sleep

This game is fucking retarded, or probably broken.
More than a whole season with influenza. Spent the whole time at home, with warm clothes, vitamins and medicine. It just doesn't end.

>Dont forget to not sleep
What do you mean?

Why do people play broken unfun games when nethack is available and there's a variant for every player?

u shouldnt hack user, it isnt morally right and also it's a crime

nice bait, nethack is broken with it's spoilery instakills

When you are sleeping its time that is not counted for the disease timer or whatever, at least thats how it used to work, maybe they fixed it

wew. I slept as much as possible since IRL that helps.
No wonder it took 3 weeks.

that would be pretty fucking retarded

It's called a learning process, the only thing broken here is your brain! :^D

Variants like dynahack actually remove a lot of bs instadeaths like touching a cockatrice or poison instadeath. You should give it a try user!

>get spellbinder
>miscast effect spawns some friendly worldbinders
>worldbinders spawn a shitton of allies
>accidentally hurt them all with an explosion caused by spellbinder
>okawaru gets super pissed and shits enemies at me until i die
JUST

there is no skill or fun involved in playing nethack

I would get pissed at you too for that

git gud I guess

>git gud
>at reading wikis

A reminder that if savescumming gives you advantage at a game, then it's badly designed.

so only games without any saving at all are ok?

Name one game where savescumming wouldn't be an advantage. You can't.

>I need a wiki to tell me that stupid thing I just did was stupid
Yes, git gud

there are many such games
for example many puzzle games have no consequences for failure, with infinite resets or even an 'undo' button

Games that gives you the information you need to win a battle, instead of having to rely on reload knowledge after LOLSORANDOMDEATH

Infinite undos are the same as loading a save. If a game has any failure condition at all then you can save time by reloading/undoing instead of dealing with it and restarting the level or whatever.

>make the wrong decision
>get punished
>reload
retard

Yeah Incredible I didn't figure out to put my hands in my ear when encountering a banshe
>sry I'm brainlet this is the only board that will take me pls no bully

That's why you play games that don't punish you for a bad decision.

you sound like someone who couldn't beat mario as a kid

Double retard

Has anybody actually ever ascended in a game besides nu-dcss?

It's not so bad, early game tourist is the most fun for me personally.

I once saw a video of nethack and this guy autistically lured monsters to his altar to sacrifice them there to build up piety.

I don't want to start this game, because I'm the type of person who would grind 10 hours and then still manage to die

Is TSO the least fun-allowed god? /clouds? Nope. Using angels with like, any fun evocable or ?immo? Nope. Accidentally hurting an angel when fighting like five greater mummies and shit in W:3? Repent!

Not sure what his problem is.

a good tome build feels as degenerate as powergaming in dnd 3.x but without being thatguy

Well, you are supposed to be larping as a crusader. They were technically even forbidden to rape the losers of the war.

Wands of create monster are usually pretty plentiful. Grinding I don't think is really ever necessary, that doesn't mean people won't do it.

Is Adventurer class the equivalent of taking 5 different prestige classes?

adventurer can get around to some real fucky shenanigans

i think in version 1.3 someone made a build that manages to be permanently invincible by stacking a shitload of different cooldown reduction and reset effects from different classes plus the Timeless and the Berserker's "you can't be reduced below 1hp for 5 turns" thing

You can pretty much take super expensive sustains in resources that you'll never use for anything else, right?

Sincei t gives health and MP on kills, not to mention rN+++, halo and absurd other benefits. It makes most other gods look terrible in comparison for endgame.

bump for roguelites

Don't even start to mention that you can almost freely switch between him and his 2 buddies. I think more gods should work as teams, could make an interesting design

was just typing my reply ..

I have finally slain the master. Inhabiting a level 50 vampire lord body certainly made it manageable, even if it made my steamguns useless

and as a bonus, I have possesed the orcish ambush leader. THIS IS THE RUN, BOYS

what game? tangledeep (deep for deep mechanics) by chance?

Is Tangedeep good or will we never seriously discuss it because of the "Any roguelike that isn't free is shit," meme?

you are literally 2 posts below a tomeposter

although to be fair tome is still open source despite costing money, so it doesn't really fall under the "nonfree software is not roguelikes" thing
and even though tangledeep does have this problem, arelgee still has plenty of posts about notroguelikes such as elona or demon so you're probably still fine

ToME of course. Tangledeep is pretty fun though

>Any roguelike that isn't free is shit
This is so stupid. I say we wait until the game gets a bit more stable so you can reliably pirate it, maybe if its good people will talk about it (and some will pay for it)

I'm all for free software and all but as I understand people need to make money and as long as the game is not literal spyware like windows I have no problem with paying for it

It will never receive serious discussion because of the obnoxious way which it has been introduced to the thread.

honestly, I don't know nor care about the game because I'm a poorfag but I like shitposting about it

I wonder how many people try it just because of the shitposts

>****** with TSO
>holding +2 Demon Blade of Slicing
>pray on altar while holding blade
>nothing
How do I get a eudemon blade?

I can't get past floor 18, feels like there's a massive gear wall there that assumes you're using the vault stuff.

Hollow enemies in CDDA are so fucking dumb, like skeletons or spiders.
80% of the bullets miss them even at perfect aiming.

You are not supposed to shoot skellies dumb MiBe
Just swing your sword twice instead of wasting bullets

Holy shit I can barely make it to 3 days in Cata and even I know you bash skeletons and shit.