Thoughts on this beast?

Thoughts on this beast?

Yes

A lot

Interior is garbage

Also lackluster power compared to other vehicles in the class.

I like it. One of the few SUVs that looks like it could actually go off road.

looks more and more like a subaru every year.
auto makers are losing it

What about it is garbage?
t. old car fag

Looks fine to me

Fantastic offroad. Dogshit onroad. At least as reliable as death and taxes.

It’s great, I basically have the third world version of it.

The power isn’t lackluster. It has a 4.0L V6 that’s specifically enginnered for extremely low end torque. The pedal response and kick back you get is great. It is as fast as an m3 from 0-10 mph, which means the engine doesn’t feel stressed at all since you don’t have to rev it out. It feels fast, even though it isn’t and frankly, who gives a shit about 0-60, this isn’t what this car is for.

>It is as fast as an m3 from 0-10 mph
>0-10

A black guy running from the cops is probably as fast as a GTR from 0-10, that's literally the most useless comparison i've ever heard

Driven by white trash roasties

Dudes on the Youtube show Expedition Overland run two of those rigs. Fully kitted out for offroad use, they seem to do really well.

It’s about feeling fast and engine response time. If you live in a hilly area, you’d understand.

Only 200

I think it's has a great price tag too. Cheaper than a grand cherokee

Is there some sort of voodoo ritual to get one of these in leafland they're impossible to find at a normal price that isn't some sort of scam

That thing is a fucking barge

The interior is based as fuck you pathetic mong.

>manual climate/volume controls
>a real key
>limited infotainshit

It's more functional than anything i've ever driven

Enjoy OP, i'm planning on outfitting mine with window mesh and a sleeping pad for comfy car camping. I love my 4runner.

>No V8 option
>Beast

Ummm, sweetie...

It's old as shit

>large SUV is heavy
Woah

>hurrrrrrr its old!!111

What should I look for when buying one? Any red flags?

Underpowered slampig

I'd just restore an old one with manual transmission

Yes

fucking this

4Runner is coming to bang your wife

It's almost Tahoe RST money for 280hp and drum brakes. They're slow pigs on the highway.

Manual controls are the best.

It had a V8 and almost no one wanted it because it was heavy and got shit gas mileage.

The 1GR-FE is literally one of the best engines of the last decade, guys are getting 400k miles on the original water pump and timing chain.

>2018 4Runner

>drum brakes

what.

An RST with like no other options on it starts at 55k+
4Runners start at like 3839, 47k Gets you a loaded up Limited.

I agree they're overrated but, the RST money thing, man I don't see it.

4Runners are good enough at a couple things, not overwhelmingly good at anything.

V8 mileage with V6 power and space.
Spartan interior.
Offroad it's second fiddle to the Wranglers.
"Toyota is literally the only brand making good vehicles" Derp is fantasy tier wishcasting.

Still a good vehicle. "Overrated" but still good.

It's a compromise between on and offroad, for sure. But that's why the FJ also existed, it slaps the shit out of cheap cereal box-tier Wranglers to this day.

I wouldn't really compare a GM product to a Toyota product either, the former is cheap garbage (I don't mean inexpensive, I mean they have poor quality control and use poorly made parts that cost less money). Plus the Tahoe RST is completely useless of a paved surface.

I just love how it still uses a reagular key. Feels more truck-like. Also it still has that good Toyota chime

>we live in such a cucked age of automotives that a physical key is now a novelty

christ almighty

Was looking for the Toyota General thread to ask the same question, OP. Many thanks.

That thing is cool, but having driven a friend's, it's too damn big. Unfortunately the wrangler's gotten too big too.

Toyota keeps it simple because its buyers value reliability over everything, and a lot of their cars end up as taxis and offroaders in the third world once they hit 200k or 300k over here and people dump them.

That's not to defend this practice, as imo they should be cheaper, but that image of reliability lets them get away with it.

Even the shittiest manufacturers make reliable cars these days, At least for the first 4 years. Most people buying new Toyota's get a new one every 4 years anyways. Looking at some Toyota forums shows that they're not perfect and have some issues.

Bro i have a 2017 runner and it does not feel "quick" in any range of the speedometer. I don't care, i didnt buy it for speed, but please dont pretend it is anything but sluggish as fuck.

Honestly they hold their value so much that used ones arent much of a value. Even with 75k on the odo and 4-5 yers old, they are only a few grand less than brand new.

I ended up just leasing at $349/month (way less than the monthly payment if i financed a used one) and in 3 years i can buy my car for WAY less than a 3 year old 4runner goes for on the open market.

4runners start at like 33-34.

its honestly a pretty good deal

A v6 suv is now $40,000. A v8 suv is now $60,000

pics of your car?

yes

>there are unironically people who don't like actual keys
I wanna go back
I would sell my soul to satan to be reincarnated as a boomer, good lord

$50ish sticker for a 4x4 Tahoe. Still a lot but at least it's got a V8. I bet it'd keep up off road with some more aggro tires.

I dont wanna pay 50 grand for a Chevy though lol

Then pay 50 grand for a minivan engine and drum brakes if it makes you happy.

shared platform engine and adequate brakes**

I think I'm missing something here, I haven't leased before so I'm not sure how it works. So if you lease it brand new, you don't take the depreciation hit, but why would you be able to buy it for less than market price? Does the dealer give you a deal since you've leased for so long?

just dont get the limited

why?

they call it limited for a reason

It's the best

that looks sexy af. is it true 4runner's windshield gets cracked easily due to its angle?

>It is as fast as an m3 from 0-10 mph
i like this

you'd have to pay ME to get me to drive a toyota

I'd believe it, that picture is from it's first big trip and within first 3 hours of driving huge rock chipped it.

When you lease you are literally only paying taxes and depreciation. So leasing a car that depreciates very slowly (4runner) will get you a low payment. In 3 years i will have made 36 payments of $349 and can buy the 4runner for the original agreed-upon price minus every payment ive made, which will be around $25k. A 3 year old 4runner typically goes for like 30k minimum.

So basically i get to drive a brand new car for 3 years for like half of what the payments would be if i financed it, and then i get to buy it used for way less than used 4runners go for.

Heres one

Go see one in person, I drive mostly American vehices and the plastics even seem cheap to me. It's really bad, honestly.

The power is lackluster. Go drive some other vehicles in the same class.

t. someone who's never been offroad

And when your spic-made amerishit truck is rusting in 5 years a 4runner will just be getting started

I didn't say anything about it's reliability, but ok.

Which is more important to you? The type of plastic a car is made out of or whether it is a literal hunk of shit?

There is no need to be upset that the 4runner has flaws. I like them in general, but the engine is only marginally more powerful than the one in my XJ, while weighing quite a lot more. Towing cap is pretty low too for a full size SUV. That's not even comparing it to any of the vehicles it actually competes with. That's comparing it to a 20 year old Jeep.

Just get a Ssangyong Rexton instead

oh fuck i love the interior. so good

>The power isn’t lackluster. It has a 4.0L V6 that’s specifically enginnered for extremely low end torque. The pedal response and kick back you get is great. It is as fast as an m3 from 0-10 mph

>a "torquey" petrol V6 people transporter that gets to jogging speed as quick as an
M3

....amerisharts

I find it perfect. Every time I get in mine I feel one with the machine. I'd rather have cloth in my trail premium but other than that it's like being in a tank

Marketed towards off-road enthusiasts, like most trucks, when in reality trucks are built primarily for hauling. Will suffer from gas thirst and won't fit on most off-road trails. Will also let everyone know your dick is small (truck cuck syndrome). It's not a true SUV, it is indeed more of a truck with covered cargo space. You'd be more suited with a RAV4 or other crossover/wagon.

I'm of course assuming you intend to use it as an adventure car. If not, and you actually haul bricks and tow trailers often enough that it would be more cost effective to buy a truck rather than just rent one when you have need for such abilities, then go nuts. Can't go wrong with a yota.

It's a mid size SUV

>it's not a true SUV

What is this nigger saying; it's one of the few actual SUVs left

For off-road it's breddy gud.
On road is lackluster and slow as fuck on highways.
Interior is lacking, but functional.

do you have a small dick

I was at a Toyota dealer yesterday looking at a 2018 Tundra. I was just doing some research and wanted to know what I was actually looking at for purchase price. Any GM truck you can pretty much take 7k off msrp realistically. Salesman told me they generally expect to get full msrp on their trucks, but I could haggle down about 2k. That's it.
Is that really the case? If so fuckin thibns are expensive.

Tacoma doesn't seem like a penis-compensation vehicle. It's pretty average.

Basically he gets 8 (or 10) years to pay for a new truck instead of 5 to 7. Basically.

Best resale evah

cleanest looking SUV's on the market

better than a chebby

Wow, it hardly changed at all. I'm driving the 2011 model.

>no 4.7 V8 option

sorry, i need muh v8 back.