Kitty cat edition

>Fallout 1 and 2
>General Information etc:
pastebin.com/mtYCtDLV

>Fallout 3 and New Vegas
>General Information, Mod Recommendations & Run Ideas etc:
pastebin.com/u29WKkGy
>Babbys first modding guide
rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/fallout-new-vegas-sigourns-recommended-mods.114486/

>Fallout 4
>General Information, Mod Recommendations etc:
pastebin.com/2W7Dhy69

>/fog/ Asset and Mod Repository
>Steam Guide of good mods
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=752795517

>GUNetwork
>Rips (Primarily for NV):
drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0B45SllNAhiQscHhxR28tZ1FwNTA

>How to Convert Skyrim / Oblivion / NV / FO3 etc. Models to FO4 & Bodyslide Guide:
pastebin.com/MWEPKj5m

>OP Pasta
>Please use the info from this link when creating new threads:
pastebin.com/raw/dFMpLWAX

Pre-War thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Obgnr9pc820
twitter.com/AnonBabble

First for mole rats being cute and cuddly!

I find it slightly offensive that my modding guide is called "babys first modding guide" when it is possibly the best modding guide ever made for New Vegas.

But at least it is in the OP so I let it go.

>Four new recruits today. Said they heard about all the caps the Raiders in the bay have been pulling in.
>
>Raiders.
>
>That's what they called us. And they're not wrong. We're making money hand over fist. Bunker Hill, the caravans. They pay us to do nothing. To leave them alone. This is the best shape we've been in since leaving the Minutemen.
>
>General Becker would be sick if he saw us now. But he's dead. And we're alive.
>
>I don't feel like writing anymore.
Was reading up on which raider factions in 4 and found this. Feels like a disconnect between gameplay and lore, considering 1 farmer can feed 5 other people in the game. If they have the guns to defend themselves, couldn't they have grown their own food?

Well it is affiliated with you so that's why

>running around with nick in matching trench coats looking cool as fuck
>no armor because it clips and ruins the look so practically zero resistances, die to a wet fart
>hunting for Kellogg and get to the part where we're supposed to talk
>can probably take him with headshots in VATS but know i'm gonna get torn apart by his guards
>what if...
>stand in the doorway and blow them all up with a fatman
i can't believe i've never thought of that before i feel like such a retard

>Expecting gameplay and lore to match up in a Bethesda game
It's why arguments get so heated one side is going off lore another is going off gameplay

What are your favourite underrated mods for NV?

> If they have the guns to defend themselves, couldn't they have grown their own food?
How are they supposed to grow food on Libertalia?

Also, having guns to defend yourself doesn't mean you have the know how on how to farm properly.

Raiders are adverse to work. It's why they raid in the first place.

This is represented by nuka raiders always losing happiness rating if you assign them to a job.

They always talk about being tough, but it's easy to wave a gun around and get what you want. It's much harder to nurture land and produce food. It's harder to protect than it is to exploit, and it's harder to build than it is to destroy.

Ha.

>A business doing scummy things for a bigger profit margin
When the CK hit I figured something along those lines was up. You can only trust a business to do one thing, try and make more money.

just a friendly reminder that this is what BoS kniggers deserve.

shot the bitch right in the god damn face.

BoS supplies raiders and gunners in the commonwealth so they could plunder all the technology from there and kill anybody that can use it. institute is doing basically the same thing but is sending ghouls and super mutants to kill people.

BoS kniggers and institute/railroad synthfuckers are an enemy that needs to be destroyed.

>187198907
>187199167
>187199413
Cringe

>BoS supplies raiders and Gunners
Oh the lies people tell themselves are really amusing sometimes

What's the most optimal way of wiping every faction and getting loot in the process?

>Raiders are adverse to work. It's why they raid in the first place.
Except they aren't. We're given multiple examples ingame of good people gone bad because of circumstances in their environment Reread that post and see from his perspective.

Jake, another example, he wanted to provide for his poor family and the best way he could come up with was going Raider.

>How are they supposed to grow food on Libertalia?
You know they have garbage scows, right? Fertilizer right there. Actually, IIRC I think a few boat "settlements" did have tiny farms.

>giving stealth (you)'s
commonwealth could easily destroy BoS and institute with their tech so kniggers and synthfuckers have to rely on mercenaries and fucking muties to do the job.

Wrong pic but okay.

The Libertalia raiders do not sow

how the fuck do you think they get all their ammo? BoS gives them ammo and they give BoS old world tech.

>commonwealth could easily destroy BoS and institute with their tech
If any faction stopped taking retarded decisions/being lazy they could've destroyed the other ones in zero time instead of depending on some random asshole from a vault.

Do you save the Mole-rats at the Mole-Rat Ranch, or let the mad brahmin kill them all?

>Feels like a disconnect between gameplay and lore
How? What if that dude was a farmer who got raided? What happens when crops are stolen and you have no seeds left to replant? Not everyone has some dipshit Sole Survivor to plant everything in their settlement like an autistic civil engineer. That journal entry makes a lot of sense, it was an individual who tried to live the straight and narrow, even was a minuteman, but the wasteland burned him (probably multiple times). So now he pushes back at the wasteland, and as a result he has no more material problems (mention of being wealthy), but the cost has moved to his conscience instead. Sounds pretty typical, predictable, and believable for a raider background.

>controller buttons
>AbsolutelyDisgusting.bmp

*starts laughing*
There's actually people who don't side with the railroad?

>He's with the RailRoad

>fights for freedom
>kills every bad faction
>best characters

>No possible way they make their own
>Or have supplies from outside the Commonwealth
>Especially since they have the caps
>Ignores that Gunners have laser and plasma guns
Oh so you're actually retarded and not just pretending

You're think of the Minutemen

Because they are secretly and unknowingly pawns of the Children of the Cathedral.

^This

We see in The Pitt that Ashur is making ammo in mass and selling it to groups outside The Pitt.

If I complete the main story with minutemen so they patrol the wasteland, do those patrols attack me if I go raider after that?

>siding with filthy synthfuckers who are too busy to liberate computer terminals and vending machines.
minutemen is the only right choice.

No

IIRC no

That's horrible, guess i'll go some other faction.

>F4
>you impacting the game by going slightly off the rails
Pick one

Would pay 10$ for full Silver Shroud quest voiceover DLC though.

>implying anything in this game has any consequences

I can think of exactly one

>decide to help out that fag at the flooded quarry
>fix the pipes and kill the lurks
>some time passes ingame
>raider troubles at sanctuary hills
>they're coming from the quarry
>oh shit the guy I helped was a raider posing as a normie
>no other quests like this

if only all the radiants worked like this

>meanwhile in Roman Fallout whole game tumbles on its head after each chapter

>not building up the minutemen before signalling the brotherhood
>not inviting the french to join your war and greeting them on arrival as leader of the colonies
>not inviting Maxson over for war talks, heavy drinking and heterosexual oil wrestling at a restored Fort Independence
>not having your roads patrolled by confident minutemen with new automatic laser rifles and allied air support

>allied air support
Where the fuck do you get gas

>gas
>for vertibirds
>that run off of nuclear power cores

Any advice for getting back into fallout 4? I played the game religiously when it first came out and I beat it twice and never played again. I miss the feeling of playing it for the first time

Don't bother, it crashes every nanosecond

Roleplay and survival

If you've beaten a game twice it's probably time to move on, you don't want to end up like the NVfags of this thread 5 years from now.

>Implying that isn't exactly what Bethesda wants with the CC

Try a gameplay overhaul or some role-playing and do the other endings you didn't do.

>modded fallout 4 works fine for the whole last week
>today it suddenly decides to stop launching
youtube.com/watch?v=Obgnr9pc820

I have 350 hours and never finished the game

>>best characters
Hold this fuck on.
The characters are exactly why my Railroad run was my least favorite. The leader is a cunt, Tinker Tom seems like some weird joke and Deacon is the snarkiest asshole in the game.

Does anyone know of a mod that gives you the Courier's Duster from Lonesome road as just the duster as an accessory to put over other outfits? I might have dreamed it, but could have sworn I once had it. It would be really useful right about now.

>Tinker Tom seems like some weird joke
le woke black man

Sadly, unless you into obscure roleplay and lewd survival, the only legit way is to play the comitted Minuteman General, rebuilding the wasteland as you go, on Survival. In theory such a game would last you longer than you could possibly stay interested, especially without fast travel.

Reminder that Tinker Tom was white in his concept art.

Get back to your board

wut

Best alternate start mod for fallout 4?

It's becoming more and more difficult to tell who is actually retarded and who is merely pretending.

Either way what's the most fun you've had in a play through of any Fallout game?

If you mention skincolor you are a racist.

For me it's a toss up between Start Me Up and Alternative Life

To be fair who exactly are they competing with here?
I mean the BOS has Ingram and Haylen who are both kind of nice i suppose but without much of a character to be honest.
The Institute has no one and the Settlement Auists have King Nigger, the radioman and the artillery granny.

I think user downloaded a reaction image and really wanted an opportunity to post it

Any tips for a melee only survival mode run? I'm focusing on sneak and crafting all the psychobuff I can. Don't plan on using power armor at all.

Dying a lot so far. Went really low endurance so I could fit science and local leader into my build.

Post what kind of toaster you are using to play Fallout

>Melee only
>Low endurance
Yeah here's a top start over

Tip*
Fucking fat fingers

Where's the fun in that? I have enough for life giver and psychobuff gives a nice temporary hp boost for when sneak isn't an option. Maxing out armorer asap and going for ballistic weave asap as well.

Crater of Atom is lagging way too much and I can't buy a new toaster desu. Is there any mod that reduces particles and green shit for improved fps?

>le baguette constantly voices frustration that she gets tired after only 16 hours without sleep
>gets hungry, thirsty and horny
Who started this "Synths don't need to eat or sleep" meme in this general anyway?

Is the Courier currently the most dangerous character in the whole Fallout universe?

>Who started this "Synths don't need to eat or sleep" meme in this general anyway?
The Institute, one of the scientists outright stated they don't NEED any of those things.

Also, feeling hungry =/= they need to eat to survive.

They can survive on proteine shots and sunlight.
>not Frank Horrigan
he got fucked because plot armor

Maybe thats why these things fall out of the sky all the time considering the lifespan of the average powercore.

Lone Wanderer or sole survivor are more OP due to almost perfect and other shit

If we consider the DLCs the Courier is potentially a semi-immortal cyborg with the power of orbital lasers, teleportation, matter replicators and a nuclear arsenal at her fingertips, yes.

>Her
Elianora please go

Oh, no, I wasn't talking about personal skills. More of his connections and knowledge, etc. like said. More so, if he goes Wild Card route.

>Dr.Loken says Synth are superior because the don't require sleep
>but according to Curie they still get tired and sleepy

So they don't NEED to sleep they just really really WANT to sleep, because

>playing a bethesda game
>not being the waifu

Everyone knows it's a very poorly written game. Stop pointing out the holes that everyone figured out years ago.

Canon Courier is Confirmed Bachelor

Sells the illusion, it's one way to find synth settlers they are up and doing shit while others are asleep

>Implying synths would be good infiltrator units if they had zero biological compunction to eat, drink, or sleep like normal people

>maxson gives the castle a vertibird
>all missile launchers in the commonwealth coincidentally develop previously impossible to find targeting computers
>have to tell the pilot to make emergency landing as soon as I hear a rocket fly past or risk getting everyone blown out of the sky
>end up in the forest surrounded by raiders and gunners closing from all sides
>nora and Ada get hit by a broadsider almost immediately and go down
>cowering behind an unmoving codsworth, chucking grenades to keep them from advancing
>codsworth wakes up, appraises the situation with one eye
>vaporizes anything that leaves the tree line with pinpoint laser barrages, melts through power armor like paper
>a few surviving raiders and gunners flee for their lives

Wasn't too sure about turning him into a SHIV, but it seems the upgrade was well worth it.

When you're a narcissist with an ego to match that doesn't happen

Curie is transplanted into a body that was literally mindwiped and left catatonic.
There is nothing left of possible pre-programmed infiltration routines and memories that would simulate human needs.
And on a sidenote most synth that go through the Railroad were simple worker synths on surface duty, not runaway infiltrators.

How do you guys do it? Play as a female character. I've done about many-a-role-play through throughout the Fallout series; all male characters. Do I just not like women? Do I hate women? Am I gay? Do I like the hard, muscled buttocks of a male character much more than the supple cheeks of a femme?

What evidence do you have of different models of gen 3 synths? The distinction is never made therefore it is implied that is all synths

Well there's the other issue, I don't play in third person except to take screenshots. So I've always played a male

Synth are first and foremost a workforce. That's what they are there for. That's what most of them are used for. Work and defence.Compared to all the synth that sweep the floors and patrol the hallways, infiltrators make up only a tiny fraction.
Are you implying the institute build a massive flaw into a work unit that would severely reduce the effectiveness of its main function so the few units for infiltration would be more effective?

I usually play male characters for RP and female characters for murderhoboing/trying a build, it's kind of refreshing to try out something different.

It helps that i think girls are cute and guys are not cute, so i generally prefer looking at girls.
Your preferences may differ.

you guys are aware that you're gay, right?

So you have no evidence when it isn't a flaw because it doesn't actually do anything other make them feign such issues, thanks for clearing that up

Call me sexist but I do find it harder to play a female character in these games and rationlise it with the nature of the game, shooting, killing, surviving, etc.
It's especially hard in FO4 because the game basically acts like you're supposed to have been a soldier due to the innate power armor piloting skills, mechanical & expertise.

>What evidence do you have of different models of gen 3 synths
Well there's the fact that most units we know of literally replaced a human and were therefore specifically built in the first place.
They made a overweight elderly synth to replace the mayor, for example.So yeah, all infiltraition synths we know of are synths specifically built to infiltrate.

>synths don't need to poop
>curie's poophole is always 100% clean and available for activities

interesting

>they aren't REALLY sleepy
>they just FEEL sleepy
>they don't REALLY sleep 8 hours a day
>they just PRETEND to sleep

>synths don't need to poop