Why are Japanese cars so much more common in Australia and the US than in Europe...

Why are Japanese cars so much more common in Australia and the US than in Europe? I have friends in Germany who tell me that finding FC RX7s and S13s is near impossible.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ckALwOQKE2M
losangeles.craigslist.org/sgv/cto/d/1985-mazda-rx-7/6439509004.html
theparking.eu/#!/used-cars/mazda-rx-7.html?tri=prix_croissant
theparking.eu/used-cars/nissan-200sx.html#!/used-cars/nissan-200sx.html?tri=prix_croissant
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I know Europe is full of car manufacturers so theres really no need to ship in cars all the way from Japan.

I can answer for aus, and that's because a fair number were sold here by the manufacturers themselves and not imports by third parties or individuals.

>Australia
Small domestic market and relatively close to Japan
>US
Money to buy with and the largest demand for cars out of any country on the globe

In my time in Europe (just last year) I saw very few Japanese cars. It was pretty much all European brands and Fords. I did see a lot of Prius's, but almost zero other Toyotas.

our domestics aren't carbed pushrod shitheaps, hence no need to import superior quality products

900cc diesel 3cyls aren't pushrods?

Say what you want but LS based engines are God tier

youtube.com/watch?v=ckALwOQKE2M

>Australia
Never heard of it

>both right hand drive
>insignificant and now non existent local auto industry

>US
>RHD

Europeans hate nip
Koreans are loved by everyone and Hyundai and Kia are popular

Sorry. I disregard all posts about burgers
Rx7 and s13 are easy enough to find but they're fucking expensive Brb paying $20k for a half decent rx7

the fuck would you buy an rx7 or a silvia in germany when Porsche and BMW exist

1. Europe is full of cheap Jap cars. 3 out of 4 cars parked at my parents are japanese
2. European car makers heavily compete in the same segment as Japenese whereas in the USA the Japs more or less introduced the concept of an ecobox.

I mean even in Germany 1 in 10 cars is Japanese. You just won’t see any premium Jap cars besides Lexus which is already quite rare

Nah, I've seen NA FCs go for like 4k in running condition

In the US Lexus and Infinitis are everywhere. Not even mad desu, makes finding an LS400 easy.

The only Lexus I see on a weekly basis is the CT200. Any other model is just as rare as say a Ferrari or Lamborghini.
Not very weird though considering Europe is home to heaps of these luxury brands like Volvo, BMW, Mercedes, etc

I’m Dutch so maybe it’s different elsewhere

Post it. I've been looking for a little fun jap car for a weekender and I'm seeing cunts even asking 10k for a good condition mx5 na
Also
>na
Lmao

i found something even better :^) losangeles.craigslist.org/sgv/cto/d/1985-mazda-rx-7/6439509004.html

Niggers love SC400s and GS300s for some reason. They also Like Q45s too.

Wrong cuntry, goober

Sorry senpai :( I was just trying to help out

Over here black people are know for driving whatever cheap junk they can get their hands on.

We have our memes about Turks and Arabs who are notorious for driving BMW, Mercedes and Audi’s. As a result these brands have a really bad name as a car for foreign criminals and nouveau riche people.
This is why Lexus becomes more popular. It is the only premium brand together with Volvo that doesnt have a bad name

Mexicans like Hondas (Civics, Preludes, Integras, CRXs,).

Civics used to be associated with turbo youths in 80s and 90s who would die in tragic accidents. Ever since all Jap cars are just boring cars for boring pragmatic people.

s-sorry

I mean they fold like paper

Yeah and offered quite some power for a low price and of course the cars weighted nothing.
My neighbor told me had a CRX and paid more than double the insurance he did for his Starlet

Yeah even Mitsubishi made the Magna here and I think that was the first Australian market car to be exported

US had something similar, DSMs were built domestically. All the common cars like Civics, Accords, Camry, Outback, etc. are built in the US so all the stuff that is imported is the sporty stuff.

what do you mean?

theparking.eu/#!/used-cars/mazda-rx-7.html?tri=prix_croissant
theparking.eu/used-cars/nissan-200sx.html#!/used-cars/nissan-200sx.html?tri=prix_croissant

carburetors haven't been used on anything in America since like 1993, and the last manufacturer to seel anything carbureted in America was Isuzu.

Price, they're exxy in Europe

Can't even find one sale for this car here. If it's so rare I don't even want to think about how expensive and troublesome maintenance would be.

oz becoz in the mid 90s they loosened grey importation and the cheap 80s cars started to come in and by the year 2000 the S13s, R32s, 33s, you name it had all become widespread and dirt cheap, unlike now

It's easier to ship cars from Japan to the US than it is to ship cars from Japan to Europe, even with the Suez Canal.