/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

Crosscrossplay edition

>Monster Hunter: World
-MH:World is coming out for PS4 and Xbox One early 2018, and eventually PC. pastebin.com/TRFRGFn1
↳Trailer 8/18: youtube.com/watch?v=ULqY6yXn2S4
↳Demo Gameplay 8/22: youtube.com/watch?v=WBg6KnkpaXU
↳Weapons: youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_ALSpmx2A8sAdeuYKMnrCt0xCpwPyPbC

>News
-Monster Hunter XX Nintendo Switch Ver. out now, region free. youtube.com/watch?v=Urb9cJcwAUA
↳3DS to Switch save data app here: my.mixtape.moe/qpdnqs.png
-The MHXX English Patch will be updated and properly merged with the 3DS game update soon™. Temp fixes are around.
-Monster Hunter Stories comes out 9/8. Demo available. youtube.com/watch?v=r46Jbq-ZNok

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

mhgen.kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243
In XX, ターグット: Gathering フィールド採集 (page 1, middle right)
In Generations, Objective: Gathering
In 4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHWorld, MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, Stories, MHO, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6oialE6SGcw
accounts.nintendo.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=6deLTucEn9w
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Is MHW out yet

No bullly to Jagras please

I want to be a Narga!!

Shoo. No. Be one in the last thread.

youtube.com/watch?v=6oialE6SGcw

I changed zones!!

Does the redesigned Ingot armor remind anyone of Dragon's Dogma?

thats cute

>all that new gimmicky bullshit
>power buff mechanic that obviously means lower base MVs
please no

Yeah

DONT GO ANYWHERE NEAR HAKUM VILLAGE

Is Narga in XX? The narga weapons are my shitter crutch go-to weapons until G rank

Yes, nargacuga is in XX

Awesome. What about my wife(female) Tama?

STOP THAT

Of course.
I wonder if he'll be in world. The three most popular monsters in japan are Tamamitsune, Zinogre, and Nargacuga in that order. Even if development began before his game was released he could still make it in when his popularity was realized.

>in that order.
Tama is that high up? holy shit. Shocked Japs have such good taste, she(female) is the best monster

ironic waifushitposting is still waifushitposting

i hope we will see lagia in MHW, even if it's a dlc
it's armor was realy cool

Japan has shit taste.

pls reply. I want to buy this hopefully after work tonight

anybody wants to hunt some G rank Furious Rajangs in 4U? I already have the 'fur fixation' quest so you don't have to worry if you didn't unlock it yet

So how about that MH Stories? Y'all looking forward to it? I hear it's good.

I want to play the game but loath playing games in foreign languages if I can avoid it. Especially when there's a multiplayer component to consider. Should I cave and buy XX, or continue to hold out hope for the very slim chance that it actually gets localized at some point down the line?

Which form of hell should I choose?

Diminishing my enjoyment of the game because I've accepted it's the best I'm going to get, or live in the perpetual limbo that is waiting for us to get a straight answer about the status of the game?

It's a very japanese monster with it's motif and backround, of course japan loves it.
Zinogre's probably high because he was the p3rd flagship.

yes, create a jp account on your switch

>create a jp account on your switch
How do I do this? it wont fuck up my regular account on there, will it? sorry I'm dumb as hell with this shit

It only has three (four) types.
Turn based combat, especially with such time-wasting fluff, is a sin in the modern day.
The fusion and egg system are mobile game tier.
You can fly but the game pretty much never lets you so it doesn't matter.

So no, I'm not.

>XX in the west
start learning chinchong

Not really a fan of the new stuff.

you make a new account and add it to the switch.
buy the game using that account, you can play using either accounts

i can tell you are dumb, feels like im getting trolled desu. just create an account and go to the eshop. you will need points to buy it tho, so like go to amazon or play asia for that.

That Nargacuga's expression gets me every time.

me neither, I'm not a hammer main, but I did like to use it for its simplicity once in a while, looks like I'm not touching it in world though.

Remember, the G in G-Rank stands for "Group"

No I mean "create a new account"
how? is this done on the switch? where? or on a site? I've never made one besides the default thing where it asks me to select an avatar picture

Make a new Nintendo account, set your region to Japan
Make new user on switch and link it to this Japanese account
This user can now access the Japanese eShop (go to eShop on Switch and choose Japanese account user)
AFAIK once you try to use Paypal on Japanese eShop with non-Japanese card, it sends you an email and tells you some additional setup you might have to do through Nintendo site, I didn't bother after this part
Alternative is going to amazon.co.jp and with some additional prep work (there's a gamefaqs guide to this) you can sit through the pending verification hell to buy a digital download code for the game that, once activated, automatically begins downloading on your Switch

ah okay so I have to make the account elsewhere first then link it on my switch. Got it thanks

>Unsheathe is no longer a upswing
>Side jab moved to replace first overhead slam while moving
>Tornado cancel is sweet
>He didn't show charge 1 or 2 moves, so we don't know if infinite combo is still there or if they synergize with the powercharge

Second charge is still the uppercut. You can see it in the video.

>Injured Zinogre

This pleases me

You're right, and seems like it's the adept strong uppercut from Gen when powercharged.

Zinogre is my husbando

Calm down sweetie, everything is fine now. We're past this, remember?

So hammer's standard golfswing combo has been essentially replaced by the big bang combo because why would you ever use anything else on downed monsters?

NYA! I'M A RIDER NOW HUNTER

anyone here want to be a tama

Outside Otomo Drop and Explorers there's a third mobile game that came out a while ago. Anyone knows anything about it?

accounts.nintendo.com/

t. tamamitsune

He has very nice arms, they would be good for hugging. And also for pinning you down to have his way with you.

I don't like the Big Bang, that is what Switch Axe should have gotten instead of Hammer. It is essentially Tempest Axe

Zinogre was always one of the easiest monsters, it feels natural for it to be battered and bruised.
Did anyone exercise have any problems with zinogre? The only time I remember even sweating at zinogre was the 4U GR thunder slam that one - shot me as a gunner. I processed to never get hit by it again to this day.

Isn't the Big Bang just Gen's Spinning Meteor?

I dunno, it might have some complications.

So in mhx let's say I want to get into hunting horns for when I play with randos online. What's a good low rank horn to build? I was using the fools harp the other day and aside from its low damage it seemed to be helping a lot. From what I can guess, stamina negate is a fantastic thing to have and healing helps too. I'm really new to them so tips would help too, be aggressive and learn the songs is what I know right now.

yes but the application is exactly the same as Tempest Axe except you need to land the hits for Big Bang. A multi-hit combo that ends in the spinning meteo animation after a certain number of attacks where each hit gets stronger

That's why I'm not a fan of it. Before evers single move was very useful. These new moves seem to take a way from that balance.

When I first started I had trouble with charged up Zinogre, beyond that not really. Even solo you can keep him from charging up so easily that he barely spends any time charged before he keels over.

back the fuck off!?!?

>tfw you will never take the knot and be subjected to excessive electroejaculation

Are any of these worth anything?

5th for the succ

MOOOOOOOOOT

Brachy and Los are pretty good Monsties but typically subspecies Monsties are better to invest in

thanks

He's dead user, let it go.

I want to fug a tama, not be one though

Looks fucking great honestly.
>we get a super armor move
yes please.

Also worth mentioning he said he hasn't really 'mained' or touched hammer since FU, which did not have infinite combo so he likely wasn't even used or known about it. Needless to say it's probably still there.

Dunno how to feel about them changing my buttons a little bit but I think It'll be fine desu.

from 1 to 10, how hard is it to solo the urgent lao with G2 equipment?

Oh shit son

Remember to eat your veggies(meat)

Why isn't there a flora-based monster? Where's our man-eating plants?

that would be kind of stupid the most I could accept is an insect that imitates plants like Mantids and Walking sticks

>subjected to excessive electroejaculation

>hunter gets called to island because local wildlife is going crazy, monsters are running out of the jungle into settlements
>crops won't grow, wild plants are growing rapidly
>final boss is pic related

Posted after the last thread ended. Did anyone order from Play-Asia? when do you receive a tracking number?

It wouldn't be anymore stupid than Valphalk.

How the fuck is he supposed to do anything without water

Tamizotsune (female) is the qtest monhun !!

Godzilla collab with MonHun when?

>big bang combo
>literal hunter art as a regular move
The monsters better be good to fight because I don't want to hunt punching ball.

I want tama to smother me with her fluffy chest

It's the finisher for the new combo, and a replacement for the Super Pound if you supercharge your hammer
Also obviously does less damage than the hunter art did

Right after the pokemon collab

NOW

>Forgetting to eat before departing on a hunt

Right after zelda collab

Will Gunner armor ever be good?
Is it worth learning LBG or HBG in 4U for World?

>implying Deviljho isn't a direct reference to Godzilla
youtube.com/watch?v=6deLTucEn9w

>Will Gunner armor ever be good?
Gunner armor is dead now, user

there is a piscine wyvern in MHW, wich live in muddy shallow water, and lagia's moveset could be adapted to this shallow water kind environement quite easily

I agree. I want to bathe with her naked

Atomic Jho when?