/fg/ - Falcom General #61

Previous Thread: Fishing Edition

>Trails of Cold Steel PC out now:

store.steampowered.com/app/538680/
gog.com/game/legend_of_heroes_trails_of_cold_steel_the

>A version of the old Zero no Kiseki fan translation was leaked:

mega.nz/#!LM4Hxb5J!0LrSUQF0yPjveDVPLSSn3Xq1i_tSwvqXHIU9Rzd3fiE

Don't forget to support the games and spoiler the spoilers!

>Latest news

-The trailer is out: youtube.com/watch?v=fr-8b6S6HOQ

- Trails of Cold Steel III's on track for Japanese release on September 28th of this year, confirmed PS4 exclusive. News/article translations: gematsu.com/tag/the-legend-of-heroes-trails-of-cold-steel-iii

- Short CS3 TV ad: youtube.com/watch?v=NYaV_GNqyCo

- Class VII's back: imgur.com/a/Pw4Cp

- Ys Seven coming to PC, trailer/info: gematsu.com/2017/07/ys-seven-pc-first-details-trailer-screenshots

- Zwei II coming to PC via XSEED (Summer), preview stream: youtube.com/watch?v=3gVOBPNrNgU

- Tokyo Xanadu out on Vita, improved EX+ version on PS4/PC scheduled for late 2017

- Cold Steel 2 confirmed for PC, release date pending
twitter.com/xseedgames/status/850395724223098880

>Older news

- Check out these Trails FC & SC updates, re: translation improvements (xseedgames.tumblr.com/post/159288714430/the-legend-of-heroes-trails-series-localization)

- Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana brought by NISA. Please complain to Falcom, not XSEED (they're upset about it too). Good Japanese grammar is extremely recommended.

Pastebin (aka music): pastebin.com/G2mswYCt

Extra Stuff (Guides, links, CS undub): pastebin.com/n2G4xL5s

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FuG6DIOPH3Y
ysutopia.net/projects/ys4/
solarisjapan.com/products/ys-iv-the-dawn-of-ys
youtube.com/watch?v=jQiM1lxv8c8
youtube.com/watch?v=8a7zC_Dq5SI
youtube.com/watch?v=qKtIiaHI1wo
youtube.com/watch?v=LV1ZW6604X8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Fuck Cold Steel!

CS is fucking shit

We're on track to having a thread even worse than the last one. Just let these generals die.

Play Nayuta to get your head free of all this faction war.
youtube.com/watch?v=FuG6DIOPH3Y

I'm monitoring this thread.

6th for comfy

Rean is a girly faggot.

Calvard when?

>posting Ys in a trails thread

Is this even reportable? If it is, you guys deserve this shit for jerking off and just letting them shit the thread up, stay fucked.

I'm sure you've watched as many as 20 anime but you are basically describing most shonen mcs so it's not a good example. Guy has few actual scenes too so it's not like his voice was that important to do it on purpose.

Okay then.

It baffles me that there are people here who get irritated by Japanese/anime tropes.

i don't even want to take part in this shitflinging, and neither should you

play a good Falcom game like Dawn of Ys instead of shitposting

>handholding
How lewd is this game?

Okay user the last thread was so bad that you convinced me. Where do I get Dawn of Ys?

Not that user but I got them from iso zone.

But Hudson made Dawn of Ys

We should actually discuss ys or other falcom games when this shit happens.

No way to get it regularly without importing? I'd like to support Falcom.
Also buying Ys VIII whenever the physical release is available here.

Death tolls in the thousands!

I feel the same way to the point where I decided to actually find links that I can use to spoonfeed in the future too
Turns out Nightwolveland has the patches, and ROMs aren't especially hard to find:
ysutopia.net/projects/ys4/
But is correct too

That's not really how it works, they're not going to make any money off a game this old
At best you'll be supporting reseller scum, so just emulate it and enjoy it

Okay you got me
A good game in a Falcom series then, I guess?

Creha is lewd.

Oh then I dunno. It's a fairly old niche game, you have to go out of your way.

But mask of the sun have better graphics

What are the chances CS3 gets dual audio? I'm replaying everything starting from Sky in nip and it would suck to have to go back to english for CS3

>PeTiote
What is this supposed to be?

A pun on Petite. Tiosuke in the original. Randy just likes to give young people nicknames.

Tiosuke.

This doesn't support Falcom, but it's a physical copy.
solarisjapan.com/products/ys-iv-the-dawn-of-ys
5%, XSeed aren't going to suddenly pay for the voices now, much as I'd like them to.

100% when it's on PC.

No chance if you're on console.
Guaranteed if you're on PC.

I have only played ys chronicles before. If I wanted to play dawn of ys, should I play others ys before? Or can I just do it immediately?

Dual audio is a lot more popular now than it was a while ago so I wouldn't rule it out. I mean even Tales of Berseria got it and Tales of games were always dub-only.

Does Fie like girls?

You'd need to rip them from the PS4 version first, which is imposible so far

started Zero today, really loving the cast. I grin like an idiot whenever Estelle and Joshua show up.
also >surprise Renne
I was spooked

>PC
Have they even found a way to extract files from PS4 games? We've got Jap audio of CS because it's also on PS3/Vita and both are hacked.

I forgot my pict.

>Implying
At least you can't deny it has shittier soundtrack
youtube.com/watch?v=jQiM1lxv8c8
youtube.com/watch?v=8a7zC_Dq5SI

Zero percent if XXXGREED gets it, pray that NISA or Aksys pick it up instead.

Oh yeah. I forgot Vita guys are finally getting kicked to the curb.

Nah, don't listen to him. MotS looks worse overall.

Original and superior version coming through youtube.com/watch?v=qKtIiaHI1wo

Is CS2 better than 1? So far I hate 1.

No, now fuck off back to your containment board. Women say other women are pretty all the damn time and it doesn't make them gay

oh yeah, you bet it does

I love Dawn but I'd be doing it an injustice if I pretended it looked good; it looks like barf
There are a couple of things Mask does better, and I did enjoy both, but said things are pretty minor and Dawn is an overall much better experience

If I were making recommendations to a hardcore retrofag, I'd without hesitation just tell them to play both
Hell, the moving background in Iris Tower is kino enough all by itself
but the rest of the game is handled kind of lazily, the magic system sucks, and the final boss is almost Wanderers from Ys SNES Galbalan bad

Nope, that's perfect, all versions of Ys IV are direct continuations from the events of Ys II
Well, Celceta not so much, but the old ones were at least, and were the last uses of the bump system too
If you liked the bump system, then you'll enjoy it

Also to note, I emulated it on mednafen and it ran without any problems, but I've never bothered with other PCE emulators to be able to compare them

CS2 has better, more hype scenarios. It's where the stakes are higher and you do more cool things. CS1 sets the stage for all that, tho

Yes, CSII is my third favorite game in the series while CSI is at the very bottom.
I like them all though and some people loathe CSII so I guess it'll depend on you in the end.

Nice. I never gave those J.D.K special tracks a listen because I thought they're those shitty band arranges.

Atlus also caved in and added it in Persona 5.

Pre-order her game and give her back her Crossbell.

>CSfags are pedos
Wow, what a surprise.

Its not fair bros

PRISM CALIBUUUUUUUUR

Based Atlus told Fatlus to stop fucking around and offered Jap voices. I wish Falcom slapped the shit out of XSeed as well.

Nice, I actually loved the bump system so I might like dawn. Will play after I finish CS.

Prisma Illya is irredeemable garbage.
No, S1E6's animation is shit and you can't convince me otherwise.

i need that hatsuu webm, lads

>watching pedoshit
Bruh

This one?

>one of those things is not like the other

thanks user

Nah, the Ys IV J.D.K. Specials contain the original source of the music done with the PC-98 soundchip. It's what Falcom gave to Hudson and Tonkin House to make their versions instead. The FM bass really makes some of my favourite tracks stand out. youtube.com/watch?v=LV1ZW6604X8

What is Jusis saying in his first S-craft?
"You're in the ???"

Full video where?

No, they just used to brag about that episode in /a/.

Moo!

>going to /a/ the den of weebs

Joshua looks like P3 MC.

>he doesn't know

>What is Jusis saying in his first S-craft?
Your end is sure!
Crystal Saber

No matter which board you're staying, as long as you browse Veeky Forums you're a loser.

>This is considered a 10 in US

At least I'm not a weeb.
>b-but trails is weeb
Cold Steel is the only weeby one.

>Estelle towering over everyone.
Didn't any CS characters get figures/nendos?

>Switching shitpost gears

>Go to Armorica for the 2nd chapter 3 quest
>The chief is actually at Harold's
That's what I get for not reading the quest details.

What the fuck.
This is not what the agreement was.
Dammit, Derrick.

I prefer retro Hatsuu

Normal or Beginner for first playthrough?

What the fuck is this weebshit?

Normal's fine. Beginner is too easy.

Google Falcom games you cuck.

Nightmare

Wrong general, buddy.

Gurumin

How am I supposed to know about some obscure indie title. It looks boring anyways.

Lmao

>Top 10
>Anything related to CS
Is this some b8 article?

It can make it into Top 10 games that killed the series.

Fair point.

Are you emulating the PSP version? Why?

F I L L E D
I N

Why do you stay in a dead game's general then?

>it always took me by surprise
>always
You'd think at some point he'd learn to put 2 and 2 together.

Because hopefully Calvard revives it. Unless CS3 bombs so much that it literally kills Falcom.

Just to shitpost obviously

That guy is fucking cancer and he's here 24/7. NEETs are the lowest scum of the earth.

>suddenly like Alisa more now that I'm playing in japanese
Her english voice really was too bitchy

There's multiple people who shitpost about CS/Crossbell. Just check the last thread. Unless he's using like 5 phones at the same time to reply to his own posts.

I don't have a 3DS or a Steam Box.

Yeah, research has shown that men who are used to being subservient or restricted in their place of work (or general lives in extreme cases) are heavily turned off by women who sound or act aggressive.or authoritative.

They instead seek a partner they can either dominate or have authority over to some extent.