/emugen/ - Emulation General

Previous thread: emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Main_Page

Read the General problems FAQ before asking questions. If you still need help, post your specs (Speccy screenshot), operating system, emulator version number and details of what's wrong.

Please contribute to the wiki if you discover any inaccuracies or have relevant information to append.

READ THE WIKI BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS LIKE:
>Where do I get games
OR
>Where do I get Nintendo games
OR
>Where do I get PS3 games
OR
>Where do I get 3DS games
OR
>Where do I get games
OR
>What is the best emulator for...

Check out the wiki for the emulator you're using if you run into trouble, there may be a solution there too, often including recommendations for optimal game settings.

Remember to submit bug reports or shit won't get fixed.

Other urls found in this thread:

romhacking.net/hacks/3356/
my.mixtape.moe/hvkkve.7z
reddit.com/r/emulation/comments/6vyeld/parallel_rdp_n64_vi_filter_vs_super_vi_filter/
reddit.com/r/emulation/comments/6qzn2a/retroarch_for_windows_98_seme2000_prerelease/dl2fk5m/
forums.libretro.com/t/scrambled-ui-fonts-with-vulkan-driver/11406
github.com/mupen64plus/mupen64plus-core/pull/371#issuecomment-325076258
emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Super_Nintendo_emulators
github.com/sharknnth/bsnes-classic/releases
pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Grand_Theft_Auto:_Vice_City
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>No no he's not dead, he's, he's restin'!

How's Persona 5 running in RPCS3? Any game breaking bugs or annoying stuff in general?

>Play Breath of the 10 FPS: Zelda Edition
>Do a few Portal 2 shrines
>Get to Kakariko Village

Does the mid-game get any better?

>he fell for the "botw is good meme"
it's literally skyrim zelda edition, what were you expecting?

bump

RAdevs should use RA more instead of just adding features/cores non-stop and crying on the internet because muh app stores.

He don't uses Windows.

He now has Windows desktop for playing windows games.

Has anybody been able to get this romhack working?
romhacking.net/hacks/3356/
xdelta chokes when I try to patch my Dawn of Sorrow ROM, I'd appreciate it if someone else could get it working.

I wonder if we'll get a Q3 pcsx2 progress report

What is the point of this romhack?

It replaces the character portraits with versions that resemble Aria of Sorrow or other Castlevania games. The character portraits in the original release looked like shit.

I patched it no problem. Here's the command I used:
xdelta3 -d -s "Castlevania - Dawn of Sorrow (USA).nds" "Dawn Of Dignity v1.1.xdelta" "Castlevania - Dawn of Dignity.nds"

And here's the patched rom in case you can't figure it out/don't care:
my.mixtape.moe/hvkkve.7z

derp, meant to reply to

he should be playing emulated games instead

Much appreciated

Considering getting a Raspberry Pi 3. What libretro cores don't run like actual dogshit on it?

Quicknes

mednafen works but you'll need a cooler else it might reboot due to heat

>He now has Windows desktop

Do you guys think PS2 emulation has future?

>Do you guys think PS2 emulation has future?
Tbh senpai, yea.

rpcs3's patreon will soon reach 3000 dollars, I can't wait.

Parallel is finally back from the dead
reddit.com/r/emulation/comments/6vyeld/parallel_rdp_n64_vi_filter_vs_super_vi_filter/

>NNedi3

He needs to keep up with technology and stop using outdated upscalers.

wat's a better one?

Im trying to get some knowledgeable people together who would like to help me in further improving Parallel N64. So far I think LegendOfDragoon and mudlord are taking an interest in the core, so I'm hoping we can make some progress with some of these things. Right now we are spending time having to convert over assembly code to MASM format so it works properly with Visual Studio, and there were also some problems with some of logan's AI refactors which is causing sporadic crashes in Visual Studio (some division by vi->clock is causing segfaults), so we are trying to find ways to fix that too.

>Yes, you can run Stunt Racer, World Driver Championship, Indiana Jones, Battle for Naboo and Rogue Squadron on Parallel RDP.

World Driver Championship is still crashing on my end, is there any setting that needs to be changed?

>LegendOfDragoon
He said "I'm sorry, I was wrong"?

>you dont even understand the RDP and you keep your stupid nonsignificant tinkerings to angrylion to yourself, rpgmaster/legendofdragoon. who are you to talk about anything honestly when you directly admitted to maister you dont know jack shit about the RDP.

>Neither do most of you guys about the N64. Its all a bunch of grandstanding by a bunch of stupid autistic nerds that 'pretend' to know what theyre talking about, except you dont. Zthats why you still hype up shitty ancient HLE plugins designed around Glide and GL 1.x instead of coming up with revolutionary new things, like maister is doing.

>your endless self promotion and aggrandizing of ego is sickeningly narcissistic and this is why yiu get pushback.

Oman was a mistake

>So far I think LegendOfDragoon and mudlord are taking an interest in the core
Great news! Glad to see capable developers taking an interest in helping. I look forward to seeing progress.

How do I into RPCS3?

I downloaded a pkg with PSNdl, installed it with RPCS3 (which it was perfectly happy to do), but now when I try to run it it says
>E LDR: Disc game BLUS30443 found at invalid location /dev_hdd0/game/
>E LDR: Failed to move disc game BLUS30443 to /dev_hdd0/disc/ (Already exists)

I don't get it. What do I do?

Imagine being so obsessed with someone that actually save anonymous posts from years ago you think are written by them

Guilty as charged

Any links to those new custom loaders for Windows based Arcade games?
Think Taito X, Castlevania 2007, Mario Kart GP 3, and newer things. The ones linked to in the wiki were pulled down.

Thanks desu

Have you checked 8ch's 1cc board?

Why would someone willingly go to 8ch?

Cause emugen is dead

oh, never mind, you have to use vulkan, lol

Imagine being so dishonest about all that autistic shit you wrote here in last 5-7 years that you pretend you were never here.

>mudlord are taking an interest in the core

ROFL. Logan > mudlord

>Logan > mudlord
good trolling man

I've been using good ol' Dolphin 5.0 since it released. Have there been any development versions I should update to that have added a major feature/performance/anything?

Yes, latest, ubershaders.

nope

Version number?

Thank you

Probably some NES emulator.
Good stuff
Ubershaders dude, Get the latest nightly.

bump

bump

We should move to /lgbt

I always forget that this board exists.

>make open source emulator
>complain when people fork it

I'll never understand this

where did that happen?

byuu and bsnes-mercury comes to mind

Also reicast and mednafen

>byuu
he's just an immature fool imho. He seems selfish too. Basically i think the reason he doesn't want people forking is because that means less people will be using his version :) .

>reicast
You mind filling me in on this story? I'm vaguely aware of the mednafen drama, but haven't heard about the reicast dev having an issue.

maybe he's talking about this

oh ok lol.

bump

>if you want to port please add it to mainline instead of forking
>hey I want to port bsnes to libretro can I add it to mainline
>NO FUCK YOU
>okay I'll just fork it then
>I SAID PLEASE DON'T FORK WHAT THE FUCK

I feel like mednafen wasn't really drama. Recaptcha was just like, "Hey please don't call your hacky HLE graphics PS1 emu Mednafen; it will confuse people and ruin the name", and SP was like, "k".

Unless you're talking about something else I didn't know about.

There's stuff like this reddit.com/r/emulation/comments/6qzn2a/retroarch_for_windows_98_seme2000_prerelease/dl2fk5m/

Seems like there's beef between the 2.

Does anyone else have a problem in RetroArch where changing the video driver to Vulkan screws up the UI while in fullscreen? I googled around and this is the only similar case I could find:

forums.libretro.com/t/scrambled-ui-fonts-with-vulkan-driver/11406

Curiously enough, my GPU is also a GTX 660. Is it incompatible with Vulkan or something?

Anyone know if the 64bit version of PCSX2 will be ready any time soon?

ugh the return of super eagle...

>load shit into pcsx2
>doesnt work
>load it on my BC ps3
>it works
gee fuckin wow boss, now if only the ps2 mode didnt suck total cock on the ps3

MelonDS is dead. MGBA is dead . Beetle PSX is dead. PPSSPP is dead. Emulation is dead.

meanwhile ParaLLEl is alive an kickin'

>>load shit into pcsx2
>>doesnt work
what game?

>what game doesn't work in PCSX2

It'd be quicker to list the games that do work.

I knew you were shitposting.

I'm not the guy you were responding to.

was busy playing for an hour with the ps3
Transformers (2004) is what i was playing, but that user is right, shit doesnt work. it makes the dreamcast emulation look flawless

>but that user is right
the games i play, Just Work.

No. The problems that are in 5.0 are still there. Ubershaders fix stuttering that affected maybe a dozen games in total, but cause massive slowdown.

Logan argues that using a per-game fix to make Perfect Dark boot in LLE mode is the wrong approach, and it should be an incentive to find a more accurate solution. github.com/mupen64plus/mupen64plus-core/pull/371#issuecomment-325076258

Shader stuttering affected all Wii games to some extent. The performance tradeoff is fine.

1. I'm to retarded to find Wii games
2. Australian internet is too shit to download Wii games

Therefore Ubershaders don't mean jack shit to me.

>Logan argues that using a per-game fix to make Perfect Dark boot in LLE mode is the wrong approach
Yet he does a hack for DK64 lol..

They affect GC games, too.

DK64 is a very complicated situation because the fundamental problem is a lack of cycle accuracy. You can't just "fix" that. You can craft more elegant hacks, but you'll never fix the issue the right way.

What are some good emudevs that dindu nothing

Cause everytime I get here it's someone complaining about someone

Most games in Dolphin are effected by shit framerate, not shader stuttering. Maybe they should have sorted that out first.

Dolphin's performance is fine, though. Maybe you've just got outdated hardware or something?

Our lord and savior Vgturtle can do no wrong

It has nothing to do with hardware. I can't tell you how many times some innocuous update has either fixed or tanked a games framerate.

>I can't tell you how many times some innocuous update has either fixed or tanked a games framerate.
Sometimes performance sacrifices must be made for accuracy. Sometimes things get optimized. It all balances out in the end.

hrydgard

Why is retroarch not listed in the main table here for snes emulators?

emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Super_Nintendo_emulators

Is it not recommended? I'm about to emulate chono trigger which emulator should I use? About to download bsnes-classic.

Riddle me this user, what is the preferred method of ripping discs this day and age? I would like to rip a bunch of my sizable PS1 collection but I need software that outputs both .bin and .cue as I am currently using beetle psx through retroarch as my emulator of choice and it needs .cue sheets to read data.

I use BSNES balanced.

Is there any shader that resembles what comes out of a framemeister on scart RGB without the scanlines?

I just downloaded the latest version of bsnes from here: github.com/sharknnth/bsnes-classic/releases

I'm only seeing two profiles, bsnes, and bsnes-accuracy. Does the one titled 'bsnes' = bsnes balanced?

Guys where do I download GTA vice city iso?

Download Retroarch, go to cores, it should be there.

Don't emulate it - get the pc version along with silent patch.

pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Grand_Theft_Auto:_Vice_City

I was lied to. All of these years I thought Die hard trilogy was some sort of rail shooter, like Time Crisis.

Anyways, I think people used to use CDRWIN for this. I might be wrong.

Oh nevermind, it seems IMGBurn is a perfectly good option for it. I know it does support saving to .bin and .cue.

>I was lied to. All of these years I thought Die hard trilogy was some sort of rail shooter,
It's three games in one, a TPS, a rail shooter and a driver ripoff.