Does the sound kill this car?

does the sound kill this car?

the point of the 718 Cayman isn't to make 30 second instagram videos of it revving.

Its for pure driving enthusiasm. But I'm sure you would know anything about that since you've probably never driven one.

Sound is a big part of the driving experience, user.

yes and no.

it doesn't "kill" the car. especially a Porsche or even a car like a Miata which doesn't exactly sound bad or good, but still is fun to drive.

this is my issue

yes. It sounds like shit and defeats its own purpose by doing so.
It's an enthusiast car, not a compliant cuckbox.

S

It sounds alright. Gorgeous car.
Best daily driver Porsche.

At least get the boxster.

For maximum autogefühl

I heard the gt4 will once again have a detuned gt3 drivetrain. A boxer 6 in the 718 styled body, muh dick

Could a flat 6 even fit inside the 718?

I'd say being a Lindamobile or a "no you can't have a 911"- mobile kills it more.

The 718 is just a restyling of the 981 iirc.

>na

Huh, first time I've seen an accusump on Veeky Forums.

t. drivelet
primary enjoyment should be derived from the driving experience. anything else is just drivelet COPE because they never feel the thrill of pushing their car.

t. Trying to cope with how shitty his gay 4 cylinder cuckbox sounds

It doesn't even sound bad, it just doesn't sound great either.

I run one on my E30
t. Oil pressure light used to come on during sweepers on the track

How is it not inferior to a 911 in every way? Honest question.

It is less of a car than a 911, thats why its cheaper. Its the more approachable entry level sports car.
No one would say that the 718 compares to a 911 with more power, rear wheel steering, and a plethora of other high tech features. The 911 is a street legal race car even in detuned trim.

The 718 offers a simpler pure sports car platform with handling and cornering better than anything comparable. All while still having the level of quality and refinement you'd expect from a Porsche.

>sports car
>4 cylinder
nice try, VAG marketing team. Put a real engine in it

>350hp
>365 on GTS
>0-60 under 4seconds tested by MotorTrend
>Cayman S was just as quick as the 460hp V8 Corvette Grand Sport
>track times better than more powerful BMWs and Mercedes that cost more

Its a sports car, and its a damn good one. What it lacks in straight line speed it more than makes up for in its cornering. The low center of gravity and weight balance give it insane entry and exit speeds on corners.
Other manufacturers wish they had an engine as impressive as the flat 4 used in the 718.

blah blah blah a $50k Corvette is faster and you won't get your ass laughed out of the country club parking lot.

The Cayman S is just as fast as the Corvette Grand Sport to 60, and that Corvette can't keep up in the corners.
That Corvette has a base price of over $65,000, not $50,000.

You've got to try a lot harder.

There’s no point in reasoning with these “muh big V8 Murican ENGINE!!! Yeehawww!!” sister fuckers