OK so what is the internet lifehack to prevent frost after leaving the car out for a night?

OK so what is the internet lifehack to prevent frost after leaving the car out for a night?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GcS61pZvJTQ
youtu.be/461jMzge3hU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Put a cardboard sheet on the windscreen.

>inb4 wind blows it into the car next to you

De-icing windshield washer.

Tbh it only takes a couple minutes to scrape off anyways.
Now when it’s on the INSIDE of the windshield in the morning, that shit is a pain in the ass.

Fill old socks with sand to weigh it down. Or place wipers over the board.

>inside
What? I have never seen it on the inside. Is your Aircon not charged that it doesn't remove moisture?

A timed heater, I never had a iced windscreen and it's been - 12 the past couple of days. Audi a5 best

Tuck it under the wipers.

This happens on sunny, but cold days. Heat from the sun light melts the snow in your cabin(from your shoes f.e.) and then it get cloudy or night comes and the water vapor freezes to your glasses.

Turn on the defroster and use de-icing windshield wash

What he said
It doesn’t happen as often, but when it does it’s a huge annoyance because there’s no easy way to scrape it off. Scrapers are defined for a convex surface, not a concave one, and there’s not enough room inside the cabin to scrape.

Remote start the car to get the frost off.

Duh.

Put a thin layer of vaseline over your windows. Vaseline has a much lower freezing temperature, so you're less likely to get frost unless you live in northern Canada.

Yeah and when you are scraping the inside, you hit the rearview mirror and knock off the GPS-holder, life is pain.

or pour raw anti-freeze on the windshield

use one of these, they work wonders

pour boiling water onto windscreen

Just scrape it off, you woman

this is a great way to fuck up your windshield massively

My europoormobile doesn't have a/c, hell a tach was a 1000 euro option

youtube.com/watch?v=GcS61pZvJTQ
Anyone tried this? I only have 99.9% isopropyl alcohol, I wonder if it would work.

probably just put in more water and less alcohol

You can sprinkle salt onto it or you can get an ice scrapper you fucking twat

open a window a tiny crack, it lets the condensation out

nigger a bottle of de-icer is like 2 bucks here, which 3rd world country are you from

junk blanket over windshield, close doors with loose ends inside to prevent it from flying away. stupidly simple. Just leave blanket to dry and repeat overnight.

Spray your car with a 20:1 water/salt mixture before bed, the salt crystals will prevent ice from forming

This is what happens when your AC doesn't properly filter moisture.
Had a car at work that had that issue. I don't even how much work it was to deice the inside, and still had to wait another 20 minutes before it was drivable with clear windshields.

Heated windshield

Damn I wish I had a Hyundai

Having seen someone do this, I can confirm that it is indeed hillarious.
It's the super loud crack followed by the wail of perfectly avoidable despair which does it.

For frost I like to the get in my car, start it up and leave it to run for 5-10 mins while the screen vents blow mildly warm air on it from the inside. Followed by the wipers clearing everything.
Scraping is for chumps who like suffering in the cold.

Actual snow and ice however, require suffering in the cold. Like a chump.

This

Webasto preheats the engine and interior of the car. Can be controlled by timer, or remotely.

An Engineering Explained video showed that warming a cold engine by idling puts more wear on it than warming it by driving. It's probably a good idea to not do it regularly.

a towel always did the trick for me.

A thin coat of Vaseline

My comfort and ability to see out the windows > longevity of the engine.

Use 0w30 oil for hybrids.

Even better, use one of these, they're lots of fun

buy a shitbox with inbuilt anti-frost ac

Heated windshield. Duh.

youtu.be/461jMzge3hU

Wait for this to come to market

make sure your windshield has a thin film of oil on it before you leave it overnight. oil doesnt freeze, and the condensation that turns to frost will just wick right off since oil is hydrophobic.

>Now when it’s on the INSIDE of the windshield in the morning
I pull out the trusty old expired debit or credit card and use that as the handheld scraper on the inside front windshield. I do not scrape any other windows because they are tinted and that stuff might get scratched up.

It's rare for me to get interior frost because the drives are long enough for me to run the hot air blowers long enough to dry off the snow on the rubber mats. Rubber mats do help it dry far better than some carpet that holds gunk too. To reduce snow that gets inside, after I get in, I have both feet dangling outside the door. I tap the sides of my shoes against each other and knock off the excess snow before I swing the feet inside. When I get home, the rubber mat is easy to pick up and empty any snow that builds up if I stopped at various places on the way home to do shopping. So there is not much moisture inside the car as I've dumped it outside. That makes any frost pretty light and it evaporates as I drive instead of melting and dripping down the window to get something wet.

I also use Rain-X anti fog on the interior front window. Do not use it on tinted windows. The Rain-X site even says not to use it on tint.

De-icer is great. Spray a line across the top of your windshield, then wait like 30 seconds and you're good to go. In the summer time, you can use it to kill hornets nests. Kills any bug on contact. Probably shouldn't get any on you, or breathe it accidentally.

Put it in the garage where it belongs

garage

It is worse for it, but the effects are so minor that you can disregard them.

>not being poor

a great way to get rid of this super fast is to boil a pot of water before starting your car, then quickly splash it onto the windshield to melt off all the frost in a few seconds

plus no streaking wipers after that

sounds like a great way to break the windshield and weaken the paint around it

lifehacker told me to fix my depression i just have to cheer up

Well no windshield = no frost so technically this method works great

I never understood why americans prefer remote start over the proper preheat device like Webasto or Eberspächer. It saves a lot of gas and saves engine for wear and still you have nice and warm interior.

get warm salt water, pour on windshield, run wiper, problem solved.
I guess night before you could cover your entire windshield in tape or something.

Cheaper to put in, fuel is cheaper there, most of the US doesnt get the long winters or temperatures that places like Scandinavia and Russia get, and its simply not really something the general public knows about

>europoor
Because we have enough money to buy a new car every few years anyways so who cares?

lmao im pretty sure that would just cause the entire windshield to explode

>Not having an interior that leaks
Get a load of this goy.
My carpet is eternally wet, but it's so leaky condensation only builds up on super hot days.

Also use silicone spray or any other rubber-care product on weatherstripping, they may be dried out

>boil water
>pour on ice-cold glass to break it (not pyrex)
This is the type of post worthy of alphonse in his past "bad advice" responses.

>I never understood why americans prefer remote start over the proper preheat device
The proper remote start from the manufacturer allows the car to be remotely started from the keyfob button. The car idles for a period of time but will shut off automatically if the driver doesn't come. In the beginning, remote start didn't have as many safety features, but new versions do. If you contemplate buying remote start option for your keyfob or smartphone, then make sure it has an antitheft feature. A car thief can break in, but the car won't drive off as only the engine idling is enabled. It still takes the keyfob to drive off and there is no key in the ignition or keyfob inside the cabin.

Just start it early and let it warm up

>engineering explained
Literal retard. Disregard everything that comes out of his mouth.

Can you elaborate or give some more details?