gitgud.io/nixx/WebMConverter

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/aaaleee/UnityScanlinesEffect
github.com/DerPopo/UABE
zenhax.com/viewtopic.php?t=36
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>thicc better than sticc
my 6'4'' 140lb body disagrees

what an ass, why didn't he just let him use it for the game, what are those original tracks even doing now? Did he sell them as an album or something?

I just don't understand how someone can be so selfish that they would do something like this. Having my music be part of game as popular as meat boy would be a highlight of my career as artist and would most likely help me get more work.

It's crazy to think that what ever falling out they had blinded them into thinking it was more important than the game itself.

I wish I knew to NOT take “advice” found online to heart. It’s good to take in as much information as possible but to do so with distance. Believing in your own aesthetic vision(s) instead of copying what has worked for others. TLDR: have a vision, believe in it, fulfill it to the maximum.

I only really take advice if its in a subjects I'm not comfortable in and only then would I still base a decision on more than one opinion. But if it's something I know or I know works I am more likely to do what I want

You frick, I thought the middle one was cute until I noticed the bulge. Please fix your anatomy; this is literally offensive.

>instead of copying what has worked for others
You're going to copy something whether you want to or not. No idea is completely original, you're always influenced by something. But I do agree that you shouldn't just implement or change everything based on what some random people on the internet say.

Nice start, /agd/

thank you

I just spent the past two days installing and uninstalling libraries trying to get monogame to run without success.
Is this what being a yesdev is really like?

Alright I've got a question.

I'm working on making a 3rd person control system in unity, starting from scratch, and I've got a script for player movement with a character controller, and a camera controller.

Now I'd like to make it so that when the player doesn't move the camera within a set amount of time, the camera moves behind the player character, depending on the movement direction of the character. However I don't know how I should handle telling the camera which direction the character is moving in.

Any thoughts?

Do you have a game?

Then no

I take advice to make my product the best it can be. There are some things I don't see or think about, but other people suggest them and my vision becomes better in the end. If people, when giving advice, thought about what you the creator wanted, and how they could help you develop your product toward that, that would be great. However a lot of people are just trying to (not so subtly) get you to pander to their shit taste. Just know what the fuck you want before you ask for advice and you'll be fine.

It's hard to have a game when you can't even get the IDE to run

the fact that the player is moving in a direction means you already have the data to give to the camera, whether you're using velocity or some manual movement. You can just use that.

>Unity is starting to get nervous

wtf... #imwithgodot now

H I G H E N E R G Y

If you're using 32bit windows you can't use any of the recent versions. Besides that, I don't know what to tell you user. I use VS2010 and it works fine with Monogame 3.2, I think.

will he survive

Wel... fuck, you've got a point there, I could take the previous position and current position of the character controller and get the direction from that and not have to worry.

Still though, I'm wondering if I can't do it differently should I have to. I'm wondering if it's fine to rotate the capsule to which I've applied the character controller, and then get the rotation directly from that instead. or put the rotation in a dedicated manager elsewhere or something.

I don't know man, I just don't know if how I'm doing things is the best way. I'm new to this whole thing.

First do the thing, worry about it being "right" only when you run into problems.

Remember to playtest your own game before showing it/releasing a demo !

I don't know how your camera is going to work in general so I can't give any specifics, but a generic tip I can give is to cache whatever information you use to pick the camera's position. Like if you made it simple and just had it point at the player's position, on startup have the camera reference that and keep it on hand to use the whole time, don't call something like
Vector3 LookPosition = Find("Player").GetComponent().position
since that's wasteful. Other than obvious things like that just make it work then clean it up if it becomes an issue.

Although for what you said you wanted to happen, you could do something like use the player's Forward to get the direction they're facing, use a negative number to get a position behind them, have the camera move to that position (maybe Lerp for smoothness), and have the camera match that Forward so it faces the same direction. This is just off the top of my head so you would need to change parts of it for what you wanted.

I'm now too good and need people to test it without insider knowledge, but at least I can catch obvious issues just messing around doing the wrong things.

I only have a few friends.

I don't know how I'm going to playtest this with new people.

>constantly worried that your game will be completely unplayable on some poor bastard's CPU setup or something and you won't have a damn idea how to fix it

isn't there a play test section on tigforums or do people not use that anymore?

something go wrong with starcitizen?

Hard to get real data from people giving their subjective opinions. I suppose you could have them record it though.

>Let friend playtest game
>certain things don't render
>they do on your computer
>There was a setting influencing render orders for different materials on different devices

Made a shader to materialize/dematerialize NPCs and objects from the scene.
Totally not what I wanted to do, but I like the result and what I originally wanted required me to use the geometry shader, which isn't supported on some computers.

Thanks guys. I can work with this.

Give me ideas for my Zelda Roguelite game.

I wish I had a game to playtest

That's fucking ridiculous, user.

make combat shitty and put more work into polishing a boring crafting sytem

>enginedevving

All the enemies are living food.

neat, how did you do it?

l-lewd

Make an empty game object, put it as the child of the player object in the position you want the camera to be. The child object will adjust it's position as the parent(player) moves, then when you want to change the position of the camera you just set it to the position of the empty game object, you can even lerp it for smothness points.

It's a surface shader that grabs the texture of the original material and uses it for the Albedo, then I use a predefined color for the emission value, and have separate alpha values for both the emission and the albedo. The lines are just clipping based on world position + an offset (which I increment/decrement to make the lines move up/down).

Wonder if this could be used to create a CRT scanline effect

I made one of those. Do you want it?
It's the one you see on most of my screenshots, I just set the values for it to be super subtle.

Here's the code:
github.com/aaaleee/UnityScanlinesEffect

finally got the rigging to be okay. pretty much guaranteed im gonna have to scrap the combat.

Does the skeleton harvest moon dev have a blog or tumblr? Making a list of all devs I like.

>Making a list of all devs I like.
Post it.

Looks pretty good

@Ash_J_Emmes
i think

+oxygen
+organizing editor only related code
+get_tree().get_nodes_in_group() is amazing
the smell of clean code is great, i will fix the door's visual not reflecting oxygen level, next is pathfinding and units

>That FTL vibe.
YES

>FTL but you can make your own ship
finally I can achieve my dreams of making a penis shaped ramming ship

Personally feel like the pull action can be a bit more exaggerated to give it more weight

Are you sure? That's not the game.

Cute furryboy through.

Your color palate is spot on! whats your game about? it seems to have potential

if you check discord you'll see it's the same guy, he just doesn't update twitter

Licenses and permission aside, can I import to Unreal Engine a character's 3D model from the Unity Asset Store?

Thanks!
It's about bounty hunting in a super cheesy cyberspace environment.
You need to get details of the suspects, get arrest warrants and then chase them down.
You can also hack stuff like ATMs and security cameras for money/evidence. There's also illegal hardware trading.
I still have a lot of graphical polish to do but I think the main stuff is already set.

I see.

Do you also have Kick-In dev btw?

As long as you can get an fbx file then yeah it should work fine

looks good, character hair giving 3d undertale vibes

he's in the recap, check the op

Nice, thank you.

My kind transcends your very understanding. We are each a nation. Independent, free of all weakness. You cannot even grasp the nature of our existence. We have no beginning. We have no end. We are infinite. We impose order on the chaos of organic evolution. You exist because we allow it. And you will end because we demand it.

nice undertale clone

Thanks my mom thinks so too.

>tfw not on your list

275x275px
go

How is that even gamedev related ?

>he still didn't restore the other drawings
fuck you and fuck off

I don't understand

Trying out the starter content. Got a working dialogue system, but no character models yet.

Nite nites, /agdg/.

@187236848
>removing drawings when people barely participate anyway

AGDG moves to 18.

do you mean those 2 swastika riddled tiles?
i only took off my original one.

agdg makes open game world map for their next big game

>agdg makes open game world map for their next big game

why aren't all of them small palm tree islands then?

Alright, I'll take 4.

>github.com/DerPopo/UABE
Go with this one if your assets comes in .assets format, it will extract the fbx

>zenhax.com/viewtopic.php?t=36
(Old) dont know if still works

Shit I thought you need to move and it's a game. Well, it's shit then.

Something like this can be quite superior to that handmade stuff in a lot of cases:

mewo2.com/notes/terrain/

Thanks a lot!

>implying
The godot team started a patreon to "hire" Juan to work on the engine. Unity isn't scared they smell blood in the water because one of their rising competitors is being headed by a charity case.

Godot will not sell out because it's now a collective entity of developers but I have no reason to believe Juan is going to turn away a 3 million dollar offer.

I predict Godot is going to be shaken up badly from the inside.

How do you feel about purposefully slowing down the pace of the game with stuff like level transitions and little animations here and there?
I want it to be more of a contemplative experience so I don't want to encourage the player to just rush everything with instant actions.

Here you go, fag.

It can work, but you need to replace the lack of gameplay with something else. Eyecandy or reading are good go-tos.

Like ludum dare and the donations to "hire" that guy to run it into the ground

What's your game?

godot source code is pretty clean anybody with enough knowledge can pick it up if the original dev left it, i was betting gamemaker will make the first move but unity has more jews i guess

>juan dies
>fork the repository
woah

Depends on the game really.
Opening chests never bothered me in zelda for example, it did bother me in Dark Souls 2 though.

This is too well done for a meme
have my dubs

Time to remove all the other pics since they don't match the new quality standard.

As a 6'4" 240 pounder, I wonder how you are alive

Yoyo is just a bunch of clueless morons, I doubt they even know other engines exist.

>loading a rifle mag,
>then using a pistol
/k/ won't be pleased

>godot source code is pretty clean anybody with enough knowledge can pick it up if the original dev left it
Right, it's still a tenuous situation for an open source project though. It's competing with a giant company and the lead developer has his hand out for money. It wouldn't hurt Godot too much but having Juan "retire" would definitely shake things up and mitigate whatever threat Unity thinks it poses.

Don't sell out Juan. Or do, you've earned it, whatever.

which tile tho?

Right now I see Godoh as a potential (likely even) Gamemaker replacement. If Unity sees it as even a small threat then that is fucking sad.