/hg/ - Halo General

flash flood edition

Welcome to Halo General. Here we discuss the Halo games, expanded universe, and fan projects. Discussion of general Xbox developments, news, and games is also allowed unless stated otherwise.

>SPV3 is now publicly available for free download on PC
- the entire Halo CE campaign re-imagined with new areas, enemies, and features
- Downloading is free and only requires a working version of Halo Custom Edition
mediafire.com/file/t5y8t0t6zte67gc/SPV3.1.0.zip

>Latest Halo Community Update
halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/haze-of-glory

>Important Halo Links and Notes
pastebin.com/TEdXes5c

>Spartan Company:
halowaypoint.com/en-us/spartan-companies/halo general

>Xbox One clips and screenshots
xboxdvr.com/
xboxclips.com/

>>>Halo News

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/1evpuzKevFE
docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScIt1YdrLxpuqaBi-2lm8F6uppyir27GPZRW1REU2-1H9LCDA/viewanalytics
mediafire.com/file/jy6nfbnrwnqhtb9/SPV3.1.0f.zip
pastebin.com/0pycPxKd
halopedia.org/Halo:_Reach
halopedia.org/Catherine_Halsey#Return_to_the_UNSC
youtube.com/watch?v=oagszCmJLpU
youtu.be/NFlzwJAfPoU
smile.amazon.com/Rise-Tomb-Raider-Xbox-One/dp/B0160EMRB4?sa-no-redirect=1&th=1
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

youtu.be/1evpuzKevFE

Chief isn't in Halo Wars 2 so I guess they found a loophole

scorpio with halo will be lit on my 3,840x2,160pi Tv ngl famalam.

Reminder to vote
docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScIt1YdrLxpuqaBi-2lm8F6uppyir27GPZRW1REU2-1H9LCDA/viewanalytics

We had 100 IPs in the last thread and only 31 votes so far

Did you updste the OP with the nrw SPV3 link?

Update*

SPV3 link here
mediafire.com/file/jy6nfbnrwnqhtb9/SPV3.1.0f.zip

It's ok user. I'll grab the link and post it.

Oh, nvm. Beat me to it.

Make sure this gets posted in the next OP

Anyone that has actually played Hang Em' High with /hg/ knows it's literally /our home field advantage/

You people are imposters and make me sick.

place your bets

>Halofest III - September 23rd

Contact "THE ONE BIG RED" through Xbox in order to reserve your spot. Prepare your schedule in advance and do not bother asking for a reservation if you "don't know if (you) can make it".

>Time
West Coast: Noon
Mountain Time: 1PM
Central Time: 2PM
East Coast: 3PM
England: 8PM
(Subject to change)

Final Four are Blood Gulch, Valhalla, Bloodline, and Exile

Exile deserves to win but Valhalla will because 3babbies

My favorite maps are Turf and Relic but I'm pretty sure some H3 map will win it all. Probably Guardian or Sandtrap.

Comfy 1v1s are comfy

>Blackout losing to Guardian

>tfw no ringworld video game

One day

>Halofest III - September 23rd

Contact "THE ONE BIG RED" through Xbox in order to reserve your spot. Prepare your schedule in advance and do not bother asking for a reservation if you "don't know if (you) can make it".

>Time (Subject to change)
West Coast: Noon
Mountain Time: 1PM
Central Time: 2PM
East Coast: 3PM
England: 8PM

Hang Em' High?

more like Hung Out Low

I can't play Halo 3, no more gold membership ;_; any pc tournies on? I'd love to join in

Post GT

don't want to but I had a highest skill achieved of 44, was colonel.

JUST NAME ONE HALO LEVEL THAT

Are you in /hg/?
I was maybe gonna give you some gold

Halo

no not in /hg/ I don't even have Xbone only an unused 360 with 5 banjaxed controllers from overuse

>want to play Halo with /hg/
>live in texas 20 miles from thw border
Remember me

BUILD THE WALL :D

F

Ded

Gnasher Anubis here

I'd like to do Gears Arcade this weekend I'm about to have. I'd like to do it on the 25th (US Date) but I need more people to join.

Confirmed players in Gears Arcade.

THE ONE BIG RED
jffry890
Jzmisgoo
Vermilion
Jukebox360x
Micklo 25

4 spots left, if you want in respond with your GT please. I will also have a list of substitutions, if anyone can't make it I'll reach out to you.

ONE I HAVE A FULL ROSTER I WILL SCHEDULE A SET DATE!

pastebin.com/0pycPxKd FULL DETAILS HERE!

Red here... when do you want to do it?
The 25th is today. I guess I'll install gears

Just gonna say, I love the idea, I really do.
But it might be a bit short notice. You kight be better off just doing some gears sessions tonight with whoever you can get and hosting the full arcade later.

DATE IS CHANGED AND HAS NOT BEEN CONFIRMED YET.

I will do a date that is most convenient for everyone. That post was just copy pasted from last thread,sorry.

We have a new member joining us on the list.

THE ONE BIG RED
jffry890
Jzmisgoo
Vermilion
Jukebox360x
Micklo 25
Unknown Kai

3 spots left!

a Halo 3rd person in GoW style would be GOAT

Smart decision.
Gnasger for president

Anime gives your brain mental retardation

Then you're an encyclopedia of shoujo shows.

2/4 for Extermination.

How much fun is it?

Kinda gay. Best 5 out of 9 rounds makes the game last too long.

What is shoujo

So how long into the future does the Reach outro take place? The one where it's all nice and bright and grassy with a clean sky again.

>The epilogue, set over 30 years later in the year 2589 on a re-terraformed Reach, shows Noble Six's helmet sitting in what is now a grassy field. Dr. Halsey provides a eulogy to Noble Team as the camera shows a human ship landed on the planet, showing the re-colonization of Reach.
Source: halopedia.org/Halo:_Reach

>Dr. Halsey provides a eulogy to Noble Team
So what happened to halsey in halo 5. is she a main antagonistic

>In September 2558, Dr. Halsey contacted the UNSC claiming to have information on a series of recent attacks on human colonies by mysterious Forerunner entities. In response, the UNSC deployed Spartan-IV Fireteam Osiris to retrieve Halsey from the custody of Jul 'Mdama on Kamchatka.[62] Osiris arrived, killed 'Mdama, and rescued Halsey, bringing her back to the UNSC Infinity alive.
>After a following Guardian incident on Meridian, Halsey traveled to Sanghelios with Infinity's crew in anticipation of another Guardian awakening there. She was accompanied by Sarah Palmer, no longer in heavy animosity for her, but encountered plenty of friction from the Swords of Sanghelios, who stubbornly insisted they could take on the Guardian themselves. Regardless, Halsey devised a plan to take brief command of the Guardian, by using a Constructor Sentinel to interface with the Guardian so she could delay Cortana's control of it, lessen the damage at its point of exit, and slow it down so Osiris could board and follow the Guardian. Finding the Guardian at Sunaion, Halsey's plan worked and Osiris successfully accompanied the Guardian to Genesis. Before they left, Halsey begged Jameson Locke, leader of Osiris, to do their utmost to stop Cortana but to bring back John safely. True to their word, Osiris managed to rescue the Master Chief and Blue Team after they were imprisoned on Genesis. Halsey and Palmer returned to camp at Sanghelios with Thel 'Vadam and the Swords, where Osiris returned and landed with her old Spartans aboard with them.
she a good guy again (onlypretendingtobeevil.jpg)
halopedia.org/Catherine_Halsey#Return_to_the_UNSC

Everything that happens in Halo 5 is filler, as well as the conclusion of the giardians plot in 6. ONI will be the final boss once Cortana is permadead.

Play it and find out

Or watch it on youtube

Can we just be honest with ourselves and admit Halo CE had the best campaign?

Did anyone else lose their shit when the flood appeared in Halo:CE? I was a wee lad at the time and I think I stopped playing it for about two weeks lol.

The atmosphere was perfect. That's why the original (not SPV3 or anniversary) 343 Guilty Spark level is one of my favorites.

Twas a great time

It's such a shift in tone, it totally threw me. Then again me and my cousin were too chicken to play Doom 3 when that came out, so maybe I'm just a fanny.

Doom 3 is legitimately scary.
The problems with Doom 3 are other things

CE is an awesome game to this day. I wouldn't call it the best, but it's very good

For me, yes, but everyone has a different opinion

It's tied with 2 for me

>Flood will get off the Ark in Nightmare
>Banished will not get off the Ark in Nightmare
>Cutter and Friends will not get off the Ark in Nightmare

The flood story will be self contained filler

This is 343i

They will pull the most contrived reason out of their ass for having the Flood in Halo 6, they wouldn't bring them back for just the RTS Spinoff. The entire Halo Wars story has just been reduced to a convenient excuse for reintroducing the flood, just as ODST and Old Blood was reduced to a convenient excuse for reintroducing Nathan Fillion's character

They're probably bringing back the Flood in order to sweep the Created bullshit under the rug.

>They will pull the most contrived reason out of their ass for having the Flood in Halo 6, they wouldn't bring them back for just the RTS Spinoff
Yes they would.
Flood were akready brought back in spartan assaukt abd referenced in halo 4 across campaign and multiplayer.

343 abuses them all the time, but it's clear they don't want them back in the main games until at least the reclaimer saga is finished. There will be no flood in halo 6.

This

>Already brought back in Spartan Assault

You're pulling my leg, the game can't have done that bad that I'm only just now hearing about this

But maybe you're right. It just seems like a massive waste of resources to get Creative Assembly and Blur to joint together on an RTS with a new faction and characters with their own backstories only to make it self-contained when a big finale is right around the corner

The flood part is unironically the best part of the game. Only in the console versions tho

Grimbrotherone already said the story is self-contained

no flood in h6

Floodniggas are stealing our memes

Post music that would feel right at home in a Halo game.

youtube.com/watch?v=oagszCmJLpU

What if Halo 6 never comes out, but instead about 10 years from now whoever the current lead writer is puts out a blog post detailing a synopsis of his Original IP "Haley 6" where Mister Chef and Sargent Locker team up to defeat Corona Light

Wouldn't that be something?

I wouldn't care if the story was even shit at that point I'd just want closure for MC

Most people still believe he's a popsicle in space

youtu.be/NFlzwJAfPoU

Halo wars 2 worth the money on pc?

Cuphead is 57 chingchong dollars but it equals to 10$ USD.

Change your windows PC location to China and go on the windows store app to buy it. Can't be a webpage

>Halo wars 2 worth the money on pc?
I would say so. Maybe wait for the complete edition coming out.

No

Get the console version if possible, it's actually populated

If you like RTS games and you like Halo then you will like Halo Wars

If he buys it digitally he gets both.

Rise of the tomb raider 19.99 USD (US only)

smile.amazon.com/Rise-Tomb-Raider-Xbox-One/dp/B0160EMRB4?sa-no-redirect=1&th=1

Is el dewrito discussed here???

>master chef and corala make up and with her new organic body with working sexual organs he breeds with her
>incest breeding doesn't incur defects
>they usher in a new hybrid race of Humans.
>avg IQ of 1000 with savant level mind abilities
>the physique of the greatest spartan ever
>together with the new Master Race they conquer the galaxy
>and will be known as the Awoken

Yes

The 7 other people who play it are probably asleep right now

>US only
Fuck. Someone get it for me and I'll paypal you I swear on me mum

>Central Time: 2PM
S-See you in the next halofest.

Only if you play it once, put it in a pedestal and never touch it again.

CE has good storytelling, the only Halo game that comes close to it is ODST and even then it's mostly just the Rookie stuff

Who was in the right here?

Think of how many people saw this before they decided to put it in the game and not a single person had something to say about it

Who was in the left here?

Both of them

Only 4 months to go!