Roster Reveal:
totalwar.com/blog/lizardmen-army-roster/
totalwar.com/blog/high-elf-army-roster/
totalwar.com/blog/dark-elf-army-roster/
totalwar.com/blog/skaven-army-roster/

>FAQs and General Info
pastebin.com/gZ1T9VCN (embed)
twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2191-Total-War-WARHAMMER-Modifications

Last thread: Screenshot sharing and campaign posting encouraged!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/D-8RQCwevAk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

LOVE ETERNAL

First for i actually liked the new gameplay

Adamantium books and cloak

K I L L - S L A Y
M A N - T H I N G S

Me too, dude.

>Cathay still not announced

Take it easy!

I've become a complete elf-fag, Dark and High Elves look really damn good and fun as hell, especially with their campaign mechanics

I didn't, I found it a step back in almost every way compared to past TW, I don't understad why we should call this game TW to be honest, call it something else.

CA fucking DLC historical series Rome 2 Medieval 2 Rome accuracy out the window reloading animations forced march greedy SEGA dark side fantasy shit unoptimized too fast no skill avatar campaign Shogun 2 wanted to love this game but

This was the best game of the series. You may not like it, but this is what peak Total War looks like.

why?

>Clicks settlement

>tfw will never have a total war game with Medieval 2's building options but with passive unit replenishment

More like cute eternal!

A S R A I

What are the Alps of the Warhammer world?

>Medieval 2's building options

So build everything?

The Vaults or the Black Mountains, I guess.

Do images load slow as shit over the last couple of days for anyone else or is it just me

Lets hope the other battles tracks are also good. I liked the one in the dark elf video

*flanks behind your army*

I liked having options out there, the various religious buildings/knight chapter houses/unique settlement options.

Added a lot of flavour and potential to games, doubly so for total overhaul mods like Third Age.

true

pfft nothing personal kid

But you have more options and unique buildings even now

I play this series to have interesting battles between armies, this is fantasy, and I expect magic and such to be present but since it is TW I expect the dominant aspect of the game still be armies outmaneuvering each other.

Well this is not the case, first of all, the battles are still smaller than previous TW, something I was hoping they would fix with WH2, instead of progressing in terms of army size, we are regressing, the average unit is now 100 members on ultra.

Second, the battle was dominated by magic and not viceversa, units and maneuvering took a completely background role in the battle, the player was more concerned with spamming abilities than moving his troops, this is honestly completely different from TW which is why I advocate for another title.

Second, the battle ended so fast that even if he had not used spells there was little time for maneuvering, regardless of your opinions on hammer and anvil, even if you wanted to you wouldn't be able to pull off an hammer in that battle, the clash between the two swordsmen units almost ended instatly, something that left me aghast.

There are various other aesthetic things but that are honestly a matter of opinion.

I agree with you. And I'm a fantasyfag.

>arr rook the same
>shit map
>yari memewalls
weebs pls

I liked it too.

Yeah, but its confined to a handful of building slots

I heard people complain that it is too much like a total war game and that CA went too safe.

>only 1 culture type
>easiest to balance
>smallest campaign map
>copy paste battle fields

its the 'best' because it has the smallest scope.

its unambitious and simple

How is it compared to this youtu.be/D-8RQCwevAk . seems radically different to me. Wonder what changed. Even the skaven gameplay wasn't this short.

Did they gave any reasons for that or did they just blurt it out?

Never played FOR THE LADY before. Is King Louie the powerhouse or is it Alberic?

Yep.

>high level caster has powerful magic
oh wow whatever shall we do?

Just means you have to make choices when building and if you run out of towns to build in go conquer some more

Armies with more even rosters/magic maybe? Not sure.

Alberic is a financial powerhouse, stick him in an unique port and watch the dosh roll in. Alternatively you can go full evil with him and get one of the highest WS in the game

Not in Warhammer you don't, it has easily the dullest campaign map gameplay to date. Really turned me off and I won't be buying WH2 unless it's drastically different.

TWW1 that is

>Despite all the new unit types like giants and so on they still function very much like a normal total war unit. CA was too scared of making giants kill a lot of men with each swing, but making them super squishy against cannonballs and so on.

It went something like that.

Feel like the battle ended too fast because of magic

I feel like that makes choices more relevant and it actually gives you a reason to plan ahead instead of just spamming buildings at random with no downside ever.

When CA has refused to fix it's broken AI for this long simple is best.

I agree, monster units are still functionally identical to standard units, there is no difference in the role of a great weapons unit and a troll unit for example except for a quirk or two, like regeneration or poison.

That's not the problem though the game is still radically different for other reasons, some of which I mentioned, units that should be radically different fulfilling roles previously fullfilled by infantry in historical titles is just another flaw.

That might sometimes be the case for late game armies, but early-mid game is basically the same as Shogun 2's fast and flashy battles. I guess that one isn't a total war game.

The armies were not equal in the dark elf battle.

Got any more of those really awesome hand drawn wizards?

>the clash between the two swordsmen units almost ended instatly,
Thought that was because of all the Archer fire and dark bolt thrower. Also it looked like the dark riders could've hammered some of those units if he hadn't used those bombardment spells

Does this get fun at some point? I got the Charlememe DLC with the bundle I got, should I try that? I've heard people say good things about it.

you're not wrong

I see your point dude but honestly battles being too fast comes out in every single game since people got used to long slogging matches in modded R1.

>there is no difference in the role of a great weapons unit and a troll unit

A troll/crypt horror unit inside a normal unit fighting another unit has much better synergy(behave better) than two normal units inside eachother fighting another unit. They do their support role well because of the splash damage and terror/fear.

That makes them pretty different imo.

>you will never be forcibly strapped to Kholek Suneater's Mountainshaft to rub up and down the length as he leaks precum onto the field of battle and enemies and drenches you
>you will never be adorned night and day with his musk and sweat as he crushes hordes of foes

Are there any strategy games similar to Total War with good AI? Not being snarky here, I'm legit wondering.

This.

The other engagement with the high elf blob vs the dark elf halberd unit was going to last for a while without player/ai intervention.

CA has monopoly on the style

Same as Paradox with GSG, sadly

Lothern Sea Guard is a pretty sexy unit 2bh

>Halberdiers with 160 range
(lol

They got shredded by Bleakswords with Delf murder buff

I liked M2's recruitment, where certain units were able to be re-recruited sooner than others. Meant it took time to accrue a super elite army. I do not miss pre Empire having to replenish manually.

Long as we complaining I feel like the dark elf roster is a bit underwhelming. No Kharybdis,
no Medusa/blood shrine, no doomfire warlocks, no sisters of slaughter, no Scourgerunner chariot.

If making a game "like TW but better" was easy we would have some competition by now, especially since the latest games enjoyed success in marketing and sales.

Are there any good youtubers, as in good at the game playing on legendary?

Muh Ultimate General Civil War

t. Darth

Legend is good at the game I guess, but he is pretty boring to watch

>Ultimate General Civil War

He could probably outdo CA with a good team and heavy funding tbeh

Even though I didnt like his Empire mod at all

You think the armies in the darkelf video where unbalanced?

No idea, just speculating. Maybe that "murderous whatever" thing the Delfs combined with the Hydra, magic and Black Ark bombardment was too much for the High Elves, compared to the Lizardmen army. I don't know.

It seemed like a pretty mid-tier army to me, some swordmasters, some white lions, the highest tier unit seemed to be the moon dragon Not that Malekith's army was much better, but he did have some black guard, and his bombardment stuff. Along with player controlled magic. Not sure for how much the bombardment counts but it seems like a pretty big deal.

Is it good? Should I spend the shekels on it?

>he plays a game named total war as a sim city simulator

It is factually better for us that you and everyone like you fucks off

RUDE

Those units will generally be included either in the lord pack which adds that pirate guy or the one which adds that one old bitch witch

You can literally tell where they cut units just so they could put them into lord packs

The Delfs are unbalanced

Their infantry are flat out better than the Helves

Their ranged units are pretty much evidently shit but they have the same artillery as the Helves so they cancel each other out

Then you have Black Ark memery

You are literally fucked since the enemy gets 9 shots at you of varying sizes

If you are playing Helfs, Lizardmen, Skaven, etc. you have no way to beat a Black Ark without sending two full stacks

>ywn lick sweet sap from your fingers and pick splinters from your boipussy after a night servicing Durthu

A R A B Y A N S

Legendary Lords:
Golden Magus - Best magic caster available to Araby
Sultan Jaffar - Magic caster with support buffs
Prince Ali - Genie assistant and vanguard
Raisuli the Magnificent - Huge leadership and physical resistance buffs

Lords:
Grand Vizier - Magic caster with support buffs
Emir - Noble lord, general equivalent
Chieftain - Tribal leader with dual magic/melee role

Heroes:
Champion - Melee hero, captain equivalent
Sheikh - Buffs leadership and melee stats, reliquae/runesmith equivalent
Magician - Magic caster, Djinn summoner
Assassin Master - Expert Stalk, Vanguard, meant to assassinate single-entity units

Mounts:
Camel
Horse
Elephant
Djinn - Yes, they carry magicians
Carpet
Rukh

Infantry:
Bowmen
Gunners
Naftatuns - See Sassanids/Ironbreakers
Spearmen
Corsairs - Cheap swashbuckler anti-infantry
Dervishes - Unbreakable AP anti-infantry
Guards - Elite AP anti-infantry
Eunochs - Elite anti-large
Assassins - Expert Stalk and vanguard

Cavalry:
Arabyan Knights - Knights of the Realm equivalent
Desert Riders - Light cav
Cataphract Camels - See Arabyan Knights, causes fear to horses
Camel Raiders - See Desert Riders, causes fear to horses
Armored War Elephants - See RTW/M2
Chariots - Tomb King reskin
Carpet Riders - Flying archers with naft bombs, lots of them in a unit, but melt in melee
Horse Archers - Swift anti-infantry
Camel Jezails/Zamburaks - Long range, AP anti-large, see Shaturnal Gunners
Elephant Cannons - Anti-large, see M2
Elephant Rockets - Anti-infantry, see M2

Artillery:
Catapults
Cannons
Rockets

Djinn
Warrior Genies - Melee djinn
Fire Ifrit - Ranged fireball thrower
Tempest Djinn - Flyer djinn
Royal Djinn

>blood shrine

That one is in actually

I just thought of something- is it called "sim city" because it's a simulated city?

Happening to me too, randomly
>click 650kb image, instant load
>click 500kb image, takes 15 or so seconds
>even 100kb takes 5 seconds when it happens

whoa

>implying two full stacks is a difficult thing to gather for the skaven

scalies and faggots are fucked though

>four

Oh boy I can't wait to pay 19 dollars for a faction barely mentioned in the lore

We'll have to see how other ritual rewards stack up to the Black Ark. But I do agree with the issue of Delfs/Helf unit stats. Currently the Helves seem undertuned to compensate for their >50% buff. But unit balance is generally the last thing on the list, so there may be hope yet.

what are those orcs near bretonnia called

neat!

FUCK DWARFS

INTO THE BOOK

They're the perfect height for oral

Skullsmasherz

>august 25, 2017
>still no qt dreadlord gf

Why live
I don't want to live in an elfless world

>without sending two full stacks
Good think I plan on flooding the world with four-stack doomblobs as Skaven.

TWO FULL STACKS OF CLANRATS
A FULL STACK OF DOOMWHEELS
AND THE FINAL STACK FULL OF ELITE INFANTRY

wood elves

>Clearing thes

kys you'reselv

lel

wazzock

THAT'S A GRUDGE