/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, 26th of August:
1071 – The Seljuq Turks defeat the Byzantine army at the Battle of Manzikert, and soon gain control of most of Anatolia.
1346 – Hundred Years' War: The military supremacy of the English longbow over the French combination of crossbow and armoured knights is established at the Battle of Crécy.
1748 – The first Lutheran denomination in North America, the Pennsylvania Ministerium, is founded in Philadelphia.
1768 – Captain James Cook sets sail from England on board HMS Endeavour.
1789 – The Declaration of the Rights of Man and of the Citizen is approved by the National Constituent Assembly of France.
1791 – John Fitch is granted a United States patent for the steamboat.
1810 – The former viceroy Santiago de Liniers of the Viceroyalty of the Río de la Plata is executed after the defeat of his counter-revolution.

# News
CK2 DD 21/08
>forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/1040523
EU4 DD 22/08
>forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/1040675

# Random Country Picker
>randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive (mods only)
>mega.nz/#F!plMxFYTB!sn9MTrvJ0tYjWSHgM8CZow

# Where to get these games
>hastebin.com/raw/moqugasume

# Mods
READ THIS FIRST.
>pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[HoI3] - Flavormod 1.1.0
pastebin.com/7ZBm2K3V

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.7.1
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy 0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V10
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>>[V2]Africa Mod
pastebin.com/kyMpRZcQ

>>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

Old Thread:

>finishes creating a CB on the Ottomans
>need to do it quickly before Russia becomes friendly with them
>station all my soldiers next to our borders
>this happens
Are the Sudanese even people

If you were a CK2 character, what traits would you have?

What the fuck is wrong with your UI?
And are you staying as Serbia or going YUGO? Serbia's destiny is to rule everything from Vienna to Athens.
white men

Nah, lad. Celibate represents a character's DECISION not to have sex. You would just be wroth, ugly, and slow.
Lad, form Yugo.

Fuck off, Steamcordplaza.

Lad, the Chinks will just neo-colonise Africa and fix it.

Yellow man's burden.

Based thread
Genious, Nihillistic, White, Based

When you form Yugo you'll get free cores on the red AND yellow, so instead you should take Transylvania from them, for a greater Balkan union.
Is that a latin empire or Byzantium?
Can you make them Catholic in M&T?

janny pls del one of the threads im confused

Restore the Serbian Empire

Fuck off back to with your unironically racist bullshit. Zimbabwe is the way it is because for an entire fucking century whites kept all it's resources in the hands of the white minority, so now the actual inhabitants of the land don't know how to properly distribute it because the white didn't teach them. Blacks were treat like shit under Smith. It was only a paradise for whites.

also >3 ip

sent ;)

thank you based jannies

HPM are you here
theres a bug in My game, pic related

You have to go back.

are threads from now on not gonnabe posted with that pic anymore?

Based. R&I on suicide watch

Fuckers decided to rebel while I'm trying to conquer Cyrenaica.

wassup my fans.....ireland moddermanbro here...............im irish.......n proud..........i got ......a new mod comin out..........after the success of vicktoria 2: steampunk zombiez parkour...im now releasing...................eu4:...steampunk roman empire edition.........europe is divided into 3 nations.....the steampunk romans...who are living cog people....the germanians....who can form prussia and upgrade their weaponary.....and ancient steampunk egypt...who have the power of steampunk parkour and they have top hats.....................................................steambonk.....
ireland modderman bro out............>_> ..........

Based uncivs doing the hard work for me

nice, epik i love steambonk.........

When will you civilise?

Janny's gone insane.

If I declare on the Ottomans now, I hit them when they're still suffering manpower depletion and war exhaustion from the Mamluk occupation. They'll also break their alliance with their only ally, Lithuania, and I'll largely have free reign to hit their capital (now at Izmir) from the beginning of the war.

The goal will be to seize their entire coast in the Balkans, cutting off every single one of their interior provinces. It'll be possible, but just barely at fully 100 warscore. This will be a long and difficult war, and I'll likely need to spam Papal Holy Wars and demand estate support to get through it.

>Empire of the Romans
What?

I heard somewhere CK2 is getting new CBs, is that true? What will they be?

It looks like the concerns I had weren't really for anything. As soon as I declared war the Ottomans got themselves involved fighting the Golden Horde and Theodoro, so they sent their troops through the Caucasus to fight them and didn't even resist my invasion. Hungary and Poland are also at war with them, which is going to put huge pressure on the Ottomans and will probably result in Hungary getting its cores back (which is fine with me, as I intended to return them later anyhow).

I'm currently trying to secure the Moldavian forts to prevent the Ottomans from being able to reaccess their territory from the west. They'll be forced to siege it back down, which I can contest and easily win, or go all the way around through the Caucasus, giving me plenty of time to intercept them and siege down more of their territory.

It depends on who you're playing as and what situation the Ottomans are in. My estates were good to me this game and I have a very robust capital that's generating a lot of tech bonuses and inventing institutions quickly. I also got Colonialism, since I killed Portugal and I was the only one to find the New World. That puts me above the Ottomans in tech, and earlier wars from when the Ottomans were much smaller made the Byzantines much stronger and cut down on Ottoman control of the Balkans, so although they've got a lot of land they're not entirely stable or entirely strong. My wartime force limit is almost twice theirs, so even with full estate support and mercs thanks to the autonomy of their Balkan provinces they'd never be able to outdo the forces I can muster.

It isn't cheap, though. Without all of my forts turned off maintenance I'm losing 10 ducats per month, and with them all off I'm only gaining 2. My economy was recently fucked by a Toledo-based plague, though, and that's most of the reason for that. I was making +15 during wartime (with forts mothballed) not long ago.

Any suggestions/critique?

That wasn't nearly as hard as I anticipated it would be. I never even had to fight a single Ottoman army, because they all either ran away after siegeing down just a few of my provinces or they were entirely occupied with Poland, Hungary, or the Golden Horde.

The real problem now is going to be keeping the Byzantines together, because this is a bunch of high-separatism, heretic provinces they've been forced to absorb. They've got +8 unrest in most provinces, and the coring necessities alone are going to be punishing to them. I'll need to keep at least one army stationed here for a decade or so, I think, so the next war will probably be finalizing the Holland borders, since that war will probably be pretty easy, as long as we can bottle Milan up. Once that's done I can also begin working on speeding up Holland's integration, because I desperately need to annex them as quickly as possible to reduce my other vassals' liberty desires.

That's for ck2 right?
I have a critique, can women rape too in this mod? What about homosexual rape if the character has the trait?
Will AI do it to other captors?
Add a rare happening at "put up a fight" where his dick gets cut off if male.

Converted over from CK2 England won the 100 years war Venice fucked the Ottomans and the accepted culture for Spain is Irish Also Catholic Byzantiums

So does anyone here know if the HFM submod includes the stuff from the newest update of HPM?

>When you think about it, England really did win the 100 year war.
t.Lindy

who cares?It's just another shitty reddit mod bloated with unwanted """features"""

>Wallachia
How? Also, why does the Danish AI ALWAYS attack the balkans?

Started the game in the 1337 start sadly the parts of Anatolia that converted to Italian didn't carry over

Also Druzian Mittle Eastiums!!!

Still waiting for a response.
Will the mod be on the workshop?

>I have a critique, can women rape too in this mod?
No. It's not within the scope of the mod, since it would mean either having to make the events ambiguous to the point of absurdity, or making an entirely new chain. This is already a fairly massive undertaking for one person, especially considering that I'll make three different versions.
Also, it could potentially happen, but I'd imagine such a thing would be rare to the point where it doesn't bother me that it's lacking. The reason I'm making this mod in the first place, is that I find the lack of rape in the game to be quite unrealistic.

>What about homosexual rape if the character has the trait?
No. Same as above.
I may at some point (after I've completely finished both the single and gang rape event chains) adapt it for male victims, but don't get your hopes up.

>Will AI do it to other captors?
Yes, that's actually the primary point of this mod. It's not a smut mod.

>Add a rare happening at "put up a fight" where his dick gets cut off if male.
Ambiguous. Is "he" the captor, or the victim in a MxM (no) rape?
If the former, look closer. If the latter, not happening.

In all likelihood. I even have a clever name for it.

in crusader kings 2, what does it mean when I see a tombstone on top of a province during an epidemic?

>I even have a clever name for it.
Tell it to me so I can find it easly.
If I write a female on male/female on female/male on male chart, (I will literally just make the chart, I can't code) will you implement it for me?
How long do you plan on stalling before posting the mod?

This can't be good.
Currently 70% only, but I imagine I'll take a lot of RPs in this war so probably late 1850s/early 1860s.

It's prosperity is on the negative.
Basically population is declining. Bad thing.

>forgot pic

Persia made a separate peace deal the second Tabriz got occupied and so did Oman, but it didn't take any long to stackwipe their remaining armies coming back from Persia and siege it all back.

>Tell it to me so I can find it easly
I'm probably being paranoid, but I'm worried someone will steal it. I'll post it once it's done, which is not any time soon.

>If I write a female on male/female on female/male on male chart, (I will literally just make the chart, I can't code) will you implement it for me?
lolno, that's the easy/quick part.

>How long do you plan on stalling before posting the mod?
Not sure what you mean by this. I'll post it once it's done, which will probably take months given that I first have to learn to mod, and the time I can invest is fairly limited.

Any /gsg/ for android?

When I said I'll make the chart, I meant that plus the in-game text. Is that acceptable?

r8

do I need to have all of the CK2's DLCs to be able to play mods

>Realize got shit stats in most underlings in the Empire is due to my politically killing

To stabilize the empire I gimped it. Well shit. Not as bad with the fact in the effort to go up in the ranks and try to unseat a dynasty, I made the Empire go to 1081 tier borders due to causing a shitfest that built up.

Regret here I come

>Senussi

Fucking hell, my province has been sick with the same disease for over a decade. Is there any way to fix it?

>forgot pic again

>Actually got blinded by greed

All on you user.

Going to glob up Persia?

Yeah, wait.
Build hospitals.

Wait until the Black Death rolls in while you are still stuck with another epidemic in the process.

Holy shit EU4 is the worst game I've ever played. Why the fuck would Poland, Spain, and the entire HRE form a coalition with Persia and the Mamluks to attack the ERE for retaking half of Greece from Slavs? Who thought this was a good idea?

No, I'd like to keep localisation to myself, since it would be weird to have two different authors with different writing styles within the same mod.
Also, I'd imagine the most time-consuming part is writing the actual code, and then trying to figure out what you did wrong when it doesn't work.

Once the mod is done though, if you really, absolutely must have F/M and M/M, the code that you'd actually have to change is fairly minimal and simple to figure out, but the progression of the scenarios would probably be weird and unrealistic, plus the event text (localisation) wouldn't fit. Also might be some bugs that I'm not foreseeing right now.

Whoever was in control of marketing while development was happening.

I worry on the day they ever go off the edge and do Vic 3.

Getting pretty close now
Only Khuzestan and Qeshm at best.

>Vic 3.

Please God, make it happen

I don't think God is who you want to ask for Vic 3 to happen.

>Poland and HRE want to put ERE at their place
>Persia, Mamluks and Spain see this as an opportunity
Are you not seeing it?

Something I've been considering since I last weighed in actually involves the AI chance weights. If it's to be compatible with HIP leaving out the new HIP congenital traits for fertility checks is fine, and even religiously-based fertility traits will only get fucked up with Cathar Perfects probably, but AI chances on cruelty and sadism towards prisoners are going to be modified by several HIP-specific traits which would really make the game much less specific if not accounted for. That's a lot of work to factor in, though, I'm sure. I might be able to do it with your final product, but my skills at modding are as garbage as ever.

Who am I supposed to be asking then?

is gsg dead

No, I'm not seeing it. What interest do Poland and the HRE have in the Kingdom of the Greeks taking back northern Greece from a bunch of half-savage South Slavs? And why would they form an active alliance against them with the mortal enemies of Christendom they fought crusades against just last century? Coalitions are fucking retarded and punish the player for acting historically.

Well, weights are rather simple (literally just copy/paste, then change the trait in question), and getting them right is probably more about judgement than actual coding ability.
It would probably be a good idea to let someone familiar with the mod do the weights, now that you mention it.
I'll give a holler in the thread once it gets to that point.

I'm interested if the original OP autist is dead.

And we're western
Also FUCK Sudan

Fine, assuming I manage to add all of that into your mod, will you update it on the workshop to include it?

>And why would they form an active alliance against them with the mortal enemies of Christendom they fought crusades against just last century?
Because Poland, HRE and Spain are mad and Persia&Mamluks say "hey we'll join in too"
Literally no reason to say no at that point.

Third time already, fuck I'm tense and this game isn't helping.

btfo

>Muhammad Ali
Is that intentional?

>Janny's gone insane.
Huh, so Byzantium EU4 blobbers support R&I? Guess now we know who bumps his threads.

That's not how coalitions work. They're allying in peacetime with Saracens against a Christian state in an era when the Church has near-absolute political power, for that state retaking territories lost in a war that the perpetrators were excommunicated for. You're as retarded as the designers of this game.

>assuming I manage to add all of that into your mod, will you update it on the workshop to include it?
I probably won't add something to the workshop version that I'm not 100% happy with, so I'll only include M/M and F/M if it's something that's well written and makes sense. If I decide to add M/M and/or F/M it'll probably be in entirely new chains, since the one I posted doesn't really make sense for anything other than M/F.

*does epic 360 noquiver arrow assasination*
Jesus fuck, me lad, how?

uuh

Are you Spain user?

Is Ismail Pasha's reign really seen as one of islamic fundamentalism?
This new mechanic is so shit honestly.
What's so impressive senpai? I recall people westernizing as Egypt here even earlier.
Hmm, yeah. How did you guess?

R E A L P O L I T I K
E
A
L
P
O
L
I
T
I
K

>Hmm, yeah. How did you guess?
tbvqh, me lad, your post style is just so white and based.]
I'm the Turk/dutch boeriums/La Plata/DPRK poster, in the past I've pointed out to you that your post style of rampant memery and epic gameplay were similar to my style of posting but you refused to acknowledge me. w-white men

>What's so impressive senpai? I recall people westernizing as Egypt here even earlier.
Yeah, but not whilst taking Ottoman land. Most people just shoot for white peace with the Ozzies.

hmmm no I'm pretty sure I did recognize you since I'm also the FRCA user with +2k saved screenshots

BASEDO ES FUARKEDO!!!
A
S
E
D
O

E
S

F
U
A
R
K
E
D
O
!
!
!
I remember when I did a gross Arabiums game and genocided all the Turks and Persians. Twas an aeon ago. We gassed for Nasser. We gassed for Hussein. We even gassed for our old mate Bashar!!! aaaaaaaaaahhhhhh rellllleeeeeiiiiiveeeee!!!!
Jesus, typing all this shit out on mobile when you can't just press ctrl + S is a pain in the willy

t.al-anarkoliberali

It's not actually that hard, you just have to focus on stackwiping no matter how many provinces they're sieging or how much attrition you'll end up suffering. Basically, you take your 4art 5(mobilized)inf 1cav stacks, place them on the Lebanese hills and Palestinean plains (these as the reserve armies in case something goes wrong), wait for the tired Ottoman and Romanian armies to arrive, make them attack the one on the hills and chase them through the Syrian desert, same goes to any weak (less than 18k) stack with the Jordanian desert or any part of the Syrian desert ahead of their line of offence. Only siege back your northern provinces after they have like 5 brigades left.
Also, the Romanians are a papertiger. They might go north and south with a +30k stack and better tech than the Ottomans but if they're the ones attacking you their professional brigades will simply vanish even if they're winning since they have few pops to support them.
And one last thing, disband your navy on the first day. Even if someone here might have beaten the Ottoman navy and finished the wars far earlier than me, your starting navy is far inferior to the Ottomans' and I still don't think the money necessary to keep a navy on par with them is worth the money involved.
When it comes to diplomacy, just keep increasing relations with the French. I don't know how the AI gets the likes of Russia and Austria on their back, they never seem to go after me. I did have to fight off the British once though, but it was pretty easy to win since they only cared about sending some 15k men at a time to Sudan and Hedjaz instead of caring about the proper wargoal. This time Spain was the only one to care though, and they only did declare on me when I was already sphered by the French, which became the war leader.

>place them on the Lebanese hills and Palestinean plains
Nice retardation, me lad. There are perfectly good mountains in Southern Anatolia that:
1. Do not require you to lose all of Syria.
2. Give you a higher defence bonus than hills.
3. Give a shorter front, allowing your arty to be used to FULL effect.

The supply limit there is 16k for uncivs.

You don't dig in there, you just put one army there, wait for them to attack, then dogpile it.

>RandI autist BTFO
Maybe there is hope for the future.

Mexico Simulator

Genius, Cynical, Strategist, Master Seducer, Brave, Strong, Slothful

Only Genius