What went wrong?

How did the new Supra already flop before it even came out?

Because it's yet another new car I can't afford.

BMW

>faggot talking about car he cant afford; the thread.

because fake news

Because they are not offering a manual transmission

It looks a lot better in that photo then the spy one. Dare I say it, almost like a baby Vayron.

All the news is fake isn’t it? How can I tell from the real ones? Is everybody just falling for it and the world is actually a safe place?

Even though it's an opportune time to start bringing it back

>20 yrs
>almost 0 fucking improvement over the last supra, and the one that's praised to high hell by the retards who liked that one in the first place
>styling is hideous compared to the minimalist and at least decent looking styling of the previous supras
>ricer's car that doesn't come in a manual
>not even made by fucking toyota

Nothing went wrong, yet. If they have offer a manual option. I guess it will because BMW and european market.
Toyota reliability+ BMW dynamics. I can't say its going to be good, but it has potential.

everyone who likes the supra realized they failed at life and cant even afford a new one

car looks cool im sure it will be fun and fast enjoy our youtube videos scrub

This. The only improvements made are better crash safety and less exhaust gasses at the expense of 400 pounds and less tuneability.

well it looks just as bad as the last one that's for sure

>implying the Supra has ever looked good

The retards making the car have no clue what made the previous model so desirable.
The 2JZ made it easy to make 600whp without doing anything too crazy which was a lot 10 years ago.
Now they come out with this BMW roadster thinking everyone is going to eat it up but any fan of the previous model just does not give a shit.
also Fast and the Furious

BMW engine and automatic

Would you want a toyota badge on your car?

No, you wouldn't. Toyota is a gross company for low IQ consumerist drones.

If I wanted a BMW, I'd just buy a BMW.

>hey guys u know our halo gt car...
>let's call bmw

Mainly because it's the same engine and transmission used in countless other BMW models. They took their bullshit B58 (extension of the N54/N55 which is in the 135, 335, m235i, and for fucksakes even in their SUVs) and paired it with their bullshit ZF 8 speed (it's a good transmission but fuck it's the Supra give us a dct or manual). So it has the transmission from a fuckboy 320i and the engine of a 10 year old 1 series you can find on craigslist for $7k. good job toyota

BWM

no manual no sale

You’re an idiot, they’re dropping close to 200 lbs off the new Supra compared to the last generation.

its FWD too.

I like it

You guys are retards, they see the phenomenal sales machine that is the GTR and want to emulate it. Based on sales,nobody wants a manual transmission with an I6 from 1990 anymore. Space age and going fast effortlessly is what sells cars.
>well I'm not going to buy one!
So what? You couldn't afford one, and wouldn't buy one even if a manual trans 2jzgte was offered.

The LC 500 is really the new Supra

Is this legit?

This may sound dumb, but could someone photoshop the front intake to be more like the Mk.4? What I mean by that is smooth off the stupid F1-looking nose and cut out that huge section beneath it to make the intake one nice big open grille.

Honestly the rest of the car looks fine (except that stupid hood), I just hate that stupid fucking F1 nose.

>Center lock wheels on a car with 340 hp

Its like one of those jokes where the worst options were picked that actually happened

Lets take bmw styling and performance and toyota reliability and completely disgregard their strong points and create an abomination which is worst of both worlds.

Oh just use that term supra which toyota has laying around, it will boost sales.
I'm guessing it already did since it sure as hell caught everyones attention already.

It's punching up against the European sports car market, and watch, in a year, they'd have a hardcore GT one that will 500-600 hp, DCT, and will shed even further weight to take on the GTR and the NSX.

how exactly is a 300 horsepower RWD coupe emulating a landbarge 565hp AWD? they are completely different cars; not to mention the gt-r has a dual clutch

Most people seem to think so

Why are all these faggots saying that there won't be a manual trans option? Do they know something I don't? Last I saw that BMW motor they're using is already paired to 6spd manuals.

The various leaks so far have indicated that the Supra isn't getting the manual, though BMW does confirm that THEIR car will have a manual option.

I like to believe that BMW cucked Toyota into paying most of the development cost, while doing as much as they could to ensure that Toyota's version won't sell and everyone will "upgrade" to the BMW.

This is true. New Supra is 200 pounds lighter, which is quite a lot.

I think it’s disappointing, I would have liked even just a tuned 2jz over a boring bmw engine.

ez because Lexus

this

even though the engine they're sticking in it is good and can take a lot of boost, it's not as strong as the 2JZ