370Z, good car or should I look elsewhere? Going to buy a black 2017 model with sports package and a stick

370Z, good car or should I look elsewhere? Going to buy a black 2017 model with sports package and a stick.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/JUhLXvxlQR4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Bad car, not enough doors for whores

Just buy a V6 Mustang because it'll perform about the same, though Nissan fags will try to deny it
Or spend the same amount of money on a Mustang GT or Camaro SS

Its decent. You'll enjoy the feels.

370z is around 200 lbs lighter. And I want to own a true two seater.

i'd save a fuckton of money and buy an 07-08 with low miles, save rest of money for upgrades or if you plan on keeping stock you can still get a warranty on older cars with low miles

Power to weight, nigger
And the Mustang and Camaro are far more modern cars than the archaic 370z, even the V6 Camaro with the 1LE package will run circles around a 370z Nismo

Camaros are too common, let the man be.

1LEs aren't common

same shit, they all look same

i don't want to start the same shitfest, but i live near the foothills of the mountains (tail of the dragon is a couple hours away) so weight is more important than hp/lb.

Then get a Miata, 370z only weighs like 100 lbs less than the new Camaro
The 124 Spider can be tuned to like 240whp if you wanted

A stick up the ass, ye ol faggoo? Ugly, pigfat, dated, shit interior, slow, no traction.

>weight
370s are piggufattu

>samefag

Your mom called, she said your hot pockets are ready.

no convertibles.

What are you, insecure?

thanks for your exif data, we'll be coming for you soon bucko

350z owner here, a 370z has a slightly bigger engine with little to no performance boost over its predecessor. Averaging at around $20k even for an 08', I don't think it is worth it. There's just not many differences besides a more up to date interior and a more curvy design. 350's are funner to work on anyways. Not saying a 370 is bad, it hugs corners like a taiwanese skank, it is fun to drive. It just doesn't bring much to the table to warrant it being better than a cheaper 350. Also I think the 370 instrument panel is even more horrendous than the 350. Don't buy a drop top on either version whichever one you decide on. It screams girly.

>tfw own a drop top 350z

Lol give me one actual example of how the V6 1LE will run circles around a 370z nismo. Dumbfuck

First year of the 370z was 09.

The only Z worth buying is the 350 (HR engines) because it's cheap

my bad, typo

2003-2004 normal DE 350 is good.
It's just the DE Rev-up engines that are pieces of shit.

What these guys said, the 370 doesn't do anything significantly different than what you can do with a lightly modded 350, and if buying new Camaros and Mustangs give you more for your dollar

Well it's not rolling on a 15 year old platform for starters...

i'm looking at a 2017, 10k miles, for $25k. still has 4 years and 50k miles on the warranty.

Neat, but you're missing the point. It isn't a significant improvement. Don't buy just because it's a newer model.

i'm buying it because every reviewer says it's a significant step up towards being a more comfortable GT, has modern nav, an LSD, no big beam across the rear luggage compartment, more power....and it isn't 10 years old.

maybe back in 2009 when it was introduced, compared to other cars made in 2017 it's a fucking dinosaur

okay so you don't think the 370z is worth the extra cash and think i should buy a 350z. point noted.

I see all the same essentials in both models. 350's is much more simple. I feel like the 370 is only going for the spaceship vibe because that is the trendy design for virtually every other make in the buis.

idk i see a lot of cheap and ugly plastic in the 350z

It really isn't worth the extra money. And if you want to spend the extra money then there are far better and newer options available

My advice is to either save your money and get an older 370z or even a 350z, or spend you money on a nicer car like a Mustang GT or Camaro SS

thank you for your opinion

Look man, if you like the 370Z and just want it, grow a pair and go get it, I'll at least give you that it's a decent looking car.
But seriously, in every quantifiable way, it's just not that good in a post 2013 market; speed, acceleration, power, weight, handling, track readyness, comfort, practicality, value(any previously mentioned item / $).
Don't come here for opinions and then get pissy when you get them.

and there is the same ugly plastic just in SPASSSHIP shapes in the 370

Give me a negative about the 15 year old platform.

see

BMW Z4-M, C5 Z06 or C6 corvette, pontiac solstice gxp, all could be similar or lighter weight, 2 seater, hard top alternatives

wait wait wait wait. let's really break this down dollar for dollar. the car i want is $25k, with warranty. what else could i buy for $25k?

Mustang Ecoboost. that's base MSRP with no options, it's 200 lbs heavier and is down by 20 horsepower and doesn't have an LSD unless you get the performance pack. and I

Camaro V6. that one is 400 lbs heavier with similar power, but costs $3000 more with no options. yet you do get an LSD.

not to mention i don't want a 2+2 because they're bigger and that's wasted space.

Ever stop to wonder why 370zs are so cheap compared to their competition? It's because they're outdated as fuck and can't actually compete in just about every metric

Why do you insist on getting new? I'm sure you can find a better car that is still under warranty in the 25k range. I bet you I can find a 5.0 mustang still under warranty for 25k.

>Inb4 mustang memes

The mustang is fucking better and this is coming from a guy that went from a nismo z to a 5.0 mustang. Yeah it doesn't handle nearly as well but you all know damn well you never take your cars on a track to actually push them near those limits. 2015+ Mustangs handle great for what they are and fact is the nismo Z gets fucking smoked by a stock mustang gt all day.

i think it loses value faster because it's not practical, doesn't have a V8, and old people don't like the fact that the interior is busier than a Corvette.

You sweet summer child

v6 mustang has a defect where it blows up after 130mph.

You're thinking of the last gen, shit was ages ago. The new gen Mustang already came and even got a face lift in that time

and my daily commute takes me through roads lik these. so i don't need/want a V8

>2011

Just let the idiot buy a 370z, he's not looking for alternatives, he just wants us to validate his purchase

i bet that guy shit himself

yeh my bad, v6 mustang and GT had near 50/50 sales during the first year of the S550 model. Ecoboost sales were abysmal (in NY).

It sounds like you've already convinced yourself on the 370z so idk why you wanted anyone else's opinion, just buy it then. For what it's worth I enjoyed mine, but I hated the clunky transmission and it wasn't quite fast enough for the money and there's not much to do in the way of mods unless you want to spend a stupid amount of money. You won't break 400 hp with basic bolt ons. Those are my biggest complaints. Otherwise the handling is great, interior is better than everyone else is saying, not a huge fan of the non nismo styling but it's alright, reliability isn't quite as good as you'd think though. I had my share of problems.

i say i want a car that handles well, has low mileage and costs under $25k, and you guys mentioned cars that handle worse, weigh more, have less power, and cost the same.

what sort of problems did you have

Right you're a numbers guy and can't possibly comprehend how a newer car that weighs more can out handle the 370z even if it doesn't make the same power

Just go get your Nissan and stop shitting up this board

It had a new transmission put in at 17k miles under warranty cause it grinded in 6th. Sure it might sound fine to get a new transmission under warranty but it's not exactly fun to be stuck in some altima rental car for a week while the shop fixes it. Then get this, after that I had the CSC fail at a little over 20k so they had to pull the trans again. Fuck that.

A C6 if you shop around will still have a warranty and be under 25k.
BRZ of FRS is also noticeably lighter than 370z, and under 25k with lots of warranty left. A base Cayman can again be had woth warranty and under 25k (lightly used of course).
If you opened your mind to a hardtop convertable you could have an S2000, or ND, or NC, voter, etc.

Where are you getting your numbers? The 6th gen v6 Camaro only weighs 160 lbs more than 370z, not bad considering it comes with back seats and a usable trunk. Also some food for thought
youtu.be/JUhLXvxlQR4

hm thank you for that. that review makes me reconsider the whole thing

Don't forget that it'll also run on regular and outperform the Z because of it modern suspension and chassis

guys....no one wants a camaro.

The Alpha platform is so good that Camaros are outperforming C7 Corvettes in some cases. These are modern sports cars, get your head out of your ass

you go buy one. i hope you get a great deal on one and it lasts forever for you.

>makes a thread asking about alternatives to a 370z
>is given plenty of options
>disregards them all and argues why the 370z is the best
Why did you even make this thread?

Hard top models exist

power to weight only matters to retarded amerifats who have never seen a corner.
The lighter the car the better it is.
Power literally doesnt matter unless all you do is merge on highways.

This kills the Jap crap

>muh interior matters on sportscars
Comfyfags should fuck off back to /n/

because i want someone to post a damning review or a forum topic that points out a catastrophic engine issue, not 100000 people saying BUY A CAMARO/MUSTANG. if i wanted to buy a camaro/mustang, i wouldn't even look at a 370z

>muh benchracing
I beat a v8 2016 stang in my stock MRS by 4 seconds on the track.

So according to you MRS is best car ever made in the universe and v8 stang is the biggest pile of shit ever made and anyone who thinks about it is the worlds biggest gaylord.

>370Z, good car or should I look elsewhere?
>or should I look elsewhere?

Fuck off there are plenty of other places on the internet where you see reviews and common issues
Fun fact: VQs are oil burning turds and at WOT they sound like Chewbacca gargling cum

Did you miss the part where both laps were set by the same driver?

by 'should i look elsewhere' i meant is the car awful, i know all the other options, but i want to know what's up with this car. you guys need to understand that we all know about the mustang/camaro/gt86/whatever, what we're looking to hear are the bad bits about the car we're asking about.

Not him but by "look elsewhere" I think he means your nearest ford/Chevrolet dealership

so the fuck what
>Muh car im not interested in does the fastest lap around a track i'll never go to driven by a guy whose skill I will never match
How is any of this relevant
You buy a car cause you like it not because some guy somewhere did a good lap with it

The bat bit is that it;s old as fuck and you're wasting your money getting a 2017. How many times does this need to be explained before you understand?

You also don't waste your money on an underperforming car because it was in Fast and Furious
370z is old as shit and OP shouldn't be buying it as a 2017

I was thinking about a 350z around ~2005ish for my first nip car to put though some mountains. Why does Veeky Forums dislike them?

id rather have 350/370z than any american car other than viper.
I can't think of anything gayer and insecure than murrifat cars
>HEY Muh VEYTE
>MUH ENGINE HAS MORE LITRES THAN EUROPEONS HAVE GUNS
>MUH CAR IS BIG AND MAKES LOUD SOUND
>MUH ITS CHEAP SO LEASE IS NOT BAD
>MUH LOOK AT HOW MANLY AND MASCULINE MUH VEEE EYTE MUSCLE CAR IS ITS THE MANLIEST CAR EVER MADE IM SO MANLY LOOK AT ME
>can i suck your dick, dont tell my gf

because there is a car with better 0-60 time so that means 350z is the worst car ever made.

pig fat and usually babby's first RWD, they make more than enough power to get a newbie into trouble and are usually trashed to shit by ricers

Here's your (you), now fuck off

You sound mad
OK thanks. What should I buy instead that isn't mx5 slow but can still do corners? For

>tfw youre secure in your sexuality and can get a girl without paying for her so you are free to buy any car you like

feels good not being a closeted fag

Unironically an FRS. There are plenty of tunes out that boost power and fix the torque abyss that make it feel slow, shit they even add stuff like launch control

2zz MRS does corners better than any car anyone here will suggest as long as you're not a retarded fag trying to turn a featherweight into pigfat.
And it destroys modern subaru wrx.

>people are actually recommending a fucking camaro

the camaro is a shitbox, buy a mustang

>that isn't mx-5 slow

>he needs power to drive fast
Found the dumb teenager who can only do 3rd gear highway pulls

>25k
get a used lotus elise for that cash

convertibles have always been and will always be fag bait.

Sidenote, can an LS fit in an elise?

Hennessey made it work

OP, buy the 370z, put on a new exhaust and intake to help the motor breath easier, and adjust the shift linkage to make it more direct. Boom, perfect car and you don't have to be seen as some basic asshole driving a Mustang or Camaro

T H I S

>MRS
>Slow
Guess 330 bimmers are slow then

Op doesn't know how to do that. He's an 18year old jackass who's dad paid for half the car. He's a benchracer.

>salt the post